[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It occurred to me this week after all this nastiness with police
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 10
File: Traffic Enforcement.jpg (268 KB, 1536x1050) Image search: [Google]
Traffic Enforcement.jpg
268 KB, 1536x1050
It occurred to me this week after all this nastiness with police shootings that, in 14 years of having a carry permit, I've never been pulled over with a handgun on me (twice without).

So when you get stopped you give the officer the permit with your driver's license, they ask you if you are currently carrying a gun. What happens if you are? Do they make you get out, get the gun out, etc.? Or is it business as usual as long as they know where it is? And I'm sure your demeanor plays into this as well.

Now I'm white so obviously it's impossible for a police officer to shoot me under any circumstances. Just curious, though.
>>
I've been pulled over twice. I have an AZ CCW. By AZ law, you have to inform the officer. Both times, I handed the officer my licence and CCW and said I was carrying. The first time I had one at 4 o'clock IWB and the other time I had one there as well as another in my center console. Both times the officer said thanks and could basically give a fuck. The first time, the officer and I had a 5 minute convoy about being Veterans.

Now if I was black or Mexican, shit man thank God I wasn't black or Mexican
>>
>>30564791
>they ask you if you are currently carrying a gun

Wrong.
Badge Number.
Do Not Answer.
Licence and Registration. If a cop does not have a ticket paper in his hand, you have no reason to answer or oblige.
>>
>>30564891
God you are a faggot
>>
>>30564891
enjoy your lead lunch
>>
I'm sure the laws differ by state but what I can tell you is to NEVER FUCKING GET THE GUN OUT EVER DON'T DO THAT
>>
>>30564791
>So when you get stopped you give the officer the permit with your driver's license

Wait, this is a thing?
>>
>>30564891

AM

I

BEING

DETAINED?
>>
Only been pulled over once for an out turning signal light, which I was actually on my way home from auto zone with a replacement for.

I didn't even verbally say I was carrying a gun. I just handed him all of information and my ccp. I showed him the replacement bulb and he laughed and said "ain't that a bitch" and let me go with a warning.

Don't be a nigger, figuratively and literally, and you have nothing to worry about.

This is the kind of person that gets shot over a traffic violation
>>30564891
>>
>>30564891
Oh, you're one of those AM I BEING DETAINED??? fags.

If a peace officer flags you over then yes you are being legally detained.

It's in your best interest and his best interest for you to comply as far as you need to, as far as your fucking driver's license test you took says you need to.
>>
>>30564969

My state is if asked, some require this like >>30564877 said.

I don't see the harm in doing it. I find it hard to believe an officer doesn't have this information before he even gets out of his vehicle.

In my state the same agency handles license plates, driver's licenses, and carry permits, I sincerely doubt they don't have these databases all tied together. If I'm in my truck registered to me it would be as simple as running my plate number.
>>
>>30564994
I just realized that no part of my driver's license test or practice book actually talked about how you should interact with the police
>>
Copfag here,
I prefer when people just hand me their ID and CCW permit at the same time. I ask where the gun is, then I say "okay please don't make any movements for it and please stay in the vehicle for the remainder of this contact while I go run your information".
The only time I ever have someone step out or take a gun for a contact is if the subject is clearly intoxicated or if they are a suspect to something i.e. I'm not pulling them over for a traffic infraction.
Don't over think it. We know 98% of CCW holders are on our side and would be the kind of person to stop and help us if we were fighting with someone on the side of the road.
AM I BEING DETAINED faggots go away, you ruin it for everyone. You are getting pulled over with red and blue lights, you are being detained. Don't be a retard.
>>
>>30564972
So you're one of those fucking faggots. Go make youtube videos queer.
>>
File: 12.jpg (58 KB, 419x556) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
58 KB, 419x556
>>30564891
>my state's laws apply to the other fourty-nine too
>>
>>30564891
>I'm not even a decent enough human being to not be an insufferable cuntbag for no reason

Do you treat your supervisors like that, also? I'm all for being a dick, but jesus christ there's no need to be a dick when it's uncalled for.
>>
>>30564791
Learn if your state is a duty to inform state. Most are if you're specifically asked. It's your responsibility to keep your hands in plain sight and ask how he would like you to proceed.
>>
>>30564791
I'm a dirty looking mutt halfbreed that looks dark as fuck mexican especially after working all day. Been pulled over once in California with my CCW, cop came up to the window asked for ID, registration, etc. So I hand him my ID with CCW card, he says "Do you have your pistol on you?", I said yes, it's on my right hip, he tells me my front headlight is out and i should get it fixed. the end.
>>
>>30564877
Hispanic AZ resident without a ccw permit here.

>speeding in the ghetto
>Get pulled over
>female cop
>told her I was carrying
>Asked me to keep hands on steering wheel
>cop opens door grabs iwb cc
>"imma place it on top of the truck don't go for it until I'm gone anon"
>cop runs info makes sure I'm not a car jacking spick
>Turns out I'm not
>cop leaves I grab my p220
Didn't even get a ticket

>driving in the foothills where I live
>in ex's car with her
>dumb ass didn't renew her tags
>sheriff pulls us over
>"can I see your id? Is there any weapons in the vehicle?"
>"yup gun in left pocket and a machete in the trunk officer"
>"alright just keep your hands out of your pocket anon
>"yes officers"
>"what type of gat you strappin anon?"
>"s&w airweight"
>"that's a good gun, pulled you guys over cuz your girlz a dumb ass, you guys have a goodnight"
Got off with a warning and a complement on my cc of choice for the year

>new years
>speeding in the foothills going home
>sheriff pulls me and current love interest over
>waiting in truck
>two other sheriff trucks show up
>two officers come up to both sides of car
>"license and registration please, been alot of accidents due to drunk driving. Have you been drinking?"
>"yes but I'm sober now officer, by the way I do have a iwb cc just want to make sure I let you know"
>"okay anon we're gonna have to run the #'s on it, we have to look into any possibilities tonight"
>"alright you guys do what you have to do"
>Wait longer then I should have
>cop comes back and gives me the all clear
>Dumps my colt 1911 with mag and ammo separately in my back seat
>"You guys have a goodnight and leave the gun in the back until we leave"
>cops take longer then they should to leave
>grab 1911
>black talon rnds missing
>call non emergency line and file complaint for missing ammo
Once again didn't get a ticket

Be nice and you won't have any trouble with ccing and getting pulled over just don't be a dumb ass and reach for it
>>
>>30564791
Minnesota isn't a Duty To Inform state

> pulled over because lol forgot to renew tags on truck #3, gave licence, go to pull up insurance on phone, you don't have to have registration with you in the car.
> can't find insurance pdf, have to reset password with insurance company website, lady officer lets me go with a warning before I can produce proof of insurance.

> pulled over for speeding, cop says 67 in a 55, wasn't paying much attention, but that sounds higher than I'd expect.
> don't admit to speeding or deny
> have insurance PDF easy to find, show phone to cop
> cop tries to grab phone, I don't let go of it, cop gives up trying to take it, mumbles something.
> get a ticket, ticket missing info, like cost of ticket, location written on ticket is off by like 5 miles, take ticket to traffic court, get ticket dismissed.

> getting tailgated like a motherfucker, can't see his taillights in my mirrors, think it's a jeep Grand Cherokee
> slow from 5 over to 10 under
> bitch doesn't pass, even though it's a passing zone, gets even closer
> slow from 10 under to 5 mph, pull over to let him past
> disco lights
> gotta guilty conscious son? Why'd you pull over
> were you trying to see if I had tiny bumper stickers, officer? You were tailgating me so close you could probably tell what I ate for dinner
> you shouldn't stop for tailgaters, son, hijackers, etc
> sir, I've got my permit, I'm not afraid of road raging meth heads.
> you should still really call the cops, what if they tailgate your mother
> ?????
> awkward silence
> I'm going to leave now, officer
>>
>>30565047
Turn your car off, turn your dome light on if it's dark, and leave your hands on the wheel. Do not reach for paperwork or your license at any point before or during the stop until asked to do so. Be polite and don't lie, but do not incriminate yourself. That means if asked, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" you answer "No". Don't fight the officer about signing the ticket, it's not an admission of guilt if you didn't fucking self-incriminate.
>>
>>30565408

>yes but im sober now

damn. every case ive ever hear any admission of drinking is an instant "out of the car"

>black talons missing

lol wtf
>>
>>30566955
Yeah I hear the same thing from other people but I've never had a problem with it. Probably the third time I've had a cop ask and they always believe me. Might just be my choice of words or how most people act who knows.

And not sure what happened to the 2 or 3 missing .45acp black talon rounds. Cop might of lost them or maybe he was a huge douche and decided to take them. Seemed like a good guy but was definitely a odd situation. Never got a call back from the sheriff's department after the complaint.
>>
>>30564969
I thought that was the whole intention? So you can keep from getting arrested when stopped by a cop?
>>
>>30565104
Are people required to inform you when detained they are armed? In my state I don't have to and the last few times I've been pulled over or stopped on foot I haven't said shit, and obviously don't act nervous and touch my waist/etc.

I almost feel that its better if you don't know as then there is zero chance of things going wrong. When you go back to your car and run my license you will know I have a CCW anyway and can then ask if you don't already from running my plates pre-seizure.
>>
>>30567511
In some states you a required by law to inform the officer you are carrying, in others you aren't.
>>
>>30564967
This. If an officer wants your weapon, he will take it from you. He will not want you to reach to grab it for him.
>>
>>30564791
First, find out if you have a duty to inform the officer or not. This varies state by state.
Even if you don't, chances are they'll know you have a CCW once they run your name, so you might as well tell them instead of leave it for them to find out.

It's simple.

>Good afternoon sir, I'm pulling you over because your tail light is out. Could I get your license and registration?
>I didn't realize, Officer. I have a CCW permit and I'm carrying on my right hip, my wallet with my ID is in my right pocket.

95% chance the officer will tell you to just slowly pull your wallet out and leave your gun in your holster and your hands away from it
5% chance the officer will ask you to step out of your vehicle to secure your CCW before proceeding

>>30567670
>Don't tell cop you're CCWing
>Shirt rides up
>Cop sees it
>"GUN GUN GUN! GET ON THE FLOOR! SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING HANDS!"
>get manhandled until they dig your CCW ID out of your wallet, and they run it to make sure it's legit

vs

>"Officer, just to let you know, I have a CCW permit and I'm carrying on my right hip"
>"Okay, just keep it there and don't reach for it, alright?"
>>
>>30567741
>"Officer, just to let you know, I have a CCW permit and I'm carrying on my right hip"
>"Okay, just keep it there and don't reach for it, alright?"
Isn't that how that roody poo "supposedly" got shot? That is the whole thing I'm trying to avoid. No one has ever seen me carrying in the decade I have. If a cop is going to frisk me I'm obviously going to "hands up don't shoot" first and tell him i've got heat.
>>
>>30567773
No, He said "I have a gun" while reaching grabbing behind him for his wallet.
>>
>>30567861
lol, what a fucking retard. i mean obviously he did something wrong like every single black that these retards protest over, but that is just classic (less the dude the NYPD killed in the van, that was murder). you'd think having a CPL he'd have more sense than that but, ya know...
>>
>>30564877
i thought you dont need a CCW to carry in arizona
>>
>>30567773
Have your ID ready before the cop gets to the window, it's that fucking simple
>>
>>30565408
ANONS NEVER PLACE HANDS ANYWHERE EXCEPT OUT OF THE WINDOW 12 INCHES APART SO THEY ARE VISIBLE.. AND MAKE SURE ITS NEARLY ELBOW OUT.

the odds of you being shot.. zero.

bad genetics are exterminated. nice guys get a ride home.
>>
>>30567925
You don't, but without it you can't carry in some places. (Anywhere that serves alcohol)
It's also nice to have if you don't want to bother with ffl holds in case you have a very common name
>>
>>30567948
I always have my ID ready (my car has sport seats so I can't sit in them with my wallet anyway) but I never open the glovebox until the cop is in full control and ask for license/reg/ins.
>>30567975
Put your SSN on the 4473. They know who you are anyways.
>>
>>30567773

He said he had a gun and then went to reach behind his back.
>>
>>30567982
Well yeah I was being facetious, obviously cops don't shoot people for no reason (unless your black cuz muh racism, fuck you obama), but I don't wish to escalate the situation if I don't have to. I assume all cops assume everyone has a gun on them anyways. My fear is telling a female officer just out of training that i'm armed and she flips her shit.
>>
>>30564891
>treating random people like shit

I mean don't incriminate yourself but it's not like you're going to lose anything for having a chat. Do you turn the other way when grocery attendants tell you to have a nice day?
>>
>>30567978

You only put the last 4 digits of the SSN on the form.
>>
>>30567972
There's no need to stick your hands outside of your window. Makes you look like a idiot or a criminal, keeping your hands on the steering wheel is good enough.

But that's just my personal opinion. There definitely worse things you can do.
>>
>>30568007
Different person, but I didn't put my SSN on the form because I had concerns with a piece of paper sitting around with all of my identifying information. I had no idea you could just put the last 4. I don't think it's even indicated. Good to know.
>>
>>30567773
the latest info Ive seen says he probably robbed a gas station the week before. The sheriff's officer he supposedly got his permit from never had a record of him either.
>>
>>30567978
I always do include my full ss# to avoid a hold time but even then there has been three times I've been stuck waiting 3 days. Not sure why.
>>
>>30568019
if you have a firearm hidden inside your vehicle. you gave your info off the bat like i said you should.. then officer will come back to your car after checking your info, be cool, and tell you to chill. its that easy. i've been beat up, now i carry. and the shit i did that got me beat up, was simply telling cops to pretty much fuck off i DINDU NUFFIN.
>>
File: IMG_8342.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8342.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>30567432
why only a couple black talons? was it alternate feeding from something else or were you being a poorfag about good ammo?
>>
>>30568007
Uhhh, you put your full number. The first five are bullshit anyways regardless they are just linked to state of birth and such.
>>30568029
You can't. Regardless everyone knows your SSN now a days.
>>30568048
what a surprise
>>30568054
damn that sucks man. state hold or federal hold? I know Oregon is hell for that.
>>
>>30568019
I was once getting a burger late at night but the drive thru was blocked by the restaurant getting a delivery and I had to wait. As I sat in my car a Sheriff's deputy came over to my window and asked what I was doing, before I could answer his ride-along (son maybe?) came to my passenger window, saw my handgun in a holster on my hip, and shouted "GUUUUUUUN". The old Deputy grabbed me through my open window and pull me out of my car. He spent a good time running my serial number and when it was apparent I wasn't doing anything wrong and just waiting for a burger, he got mad and told me to leave.

Fast forward 2 weeks later, I'm driving on the other side of the city and I'm lit up by a cop. Not just any cop, another Sheriff's Deputy and I was armed again. I fucking stuck my hands out my window and waved them like I straight didn't care. He told me to chill out and turn my lights on.

I still don't trust the Sheriff's Office.
>>
>>30567996
most cops out of the academy are assigned with a senior training officer for several months to a year, so if its a single officer they've been working for a while. If you remain calm and keep your hands visible, there's not much that can go wrong.
>>
>>30568029

They only relay back the last 4 to confirm identity, the full number is not required.
>>
>>30568076

I have never put my full number, gone to several FFL's, it is not required.
>>
>>30568075
>loading magazine with mix round types
>Good idea
>>
>>30568079
>late at night
>delivery
You should've sped the fuck away. Nobody gets deliveries at night.
>>
>>30568111
It was an 18 wheeler at a 24 hour Whataburger. The trailer had an ad for one of their sandwiches on it.
>>
>>30568104
any reason not too besides some fuddlore about anticipating recoil or cycle rates?
>>
>>30564891

Bacon-brother here.

I myself don't really give a rat's ass what you say or how witty or constitutionally aware you are, just please comply with any lawful direction I give you. (.... note I said "lawful")

If you hand over a CC with your DL in 95% of the time I will ask Where is it? and What is it? and leave it at that.
>>
>>30568121
Well not really, if you've tested your gun and magazines with mix loads and don't see a big problem then there's not really any reason not to, unless you want a more predictable performance. Unless you're like, super autistic, you probably won't know what round is next after firing a few rounds from it, especially under stress.
>>
>>30568075
No it was two mags full of black talons and only 3 were missing after he emptied the mags and dumped everything in my back seat

>>30568076
I believe they were federal holds, but honestly don't remember it's been so long.
>>
File: No CCW.png (64 KB, 524x216) Image search: [Google]
No CCW.png
64 KB, 524x216
>>30567773
We don't even know what he said because we are relying on the girl friend.

Sheriffs Office made a response saying he could have got his permit in a different county but, we can already guess what is more likely. Not to mention the cop on the radio said nothing about a tail light infraction but instead Cast fitting for a BOLO of a armed robbery suspect

http://www.kare11.com/news/police-scanner-audio-1/267042738
>>
>>30568120
Might've been a delivery then
>>
>>30568197
They deleted that tweet when they found his change of address paperwork. He did have a valid PTC, I know officers who have run his info out of curiosity.
>>
>>30568082
You realize the nig who got shot in that car dealership...after he rammed his car thru it, was an officer in training who broke protocol? Thats why they fired the poor sap. Don't wish to press my luck, ever.
>>
>>30568097
Because it doesn't matter. Only the last four do. The first numbers are literally bullshit. I mean do what you want but don't think omitting the first numbers matter in the least.
>>30568235
>I know officers who have run his info out of curiosity
And I'm sure they all said he was a nice guy right?
>>
>>30568157
>testing ammo

that one mag is $27 worth of ammo, testing with a wide variety of unique self defense ammo at the range isnt always possible.
>>
>>30568244
being stationary at a traffic stop and ramming your vehicle into several structures are very different situations, no? Unless you intend to do something dramatic like that, which given your intention for asking this suggests the opposite, I think you'll be fine.

Cops are human, they're pretty rational and (usually) good-natured people. Get the adrenaline kicking, though, and they make mistakes, tunnel vision, lowered rational capacity, etc.
>>
>>30568314
>Cops are human, they're pretty rational and (usually) good-natured people. Get the adrenaline kicking, though, and they make mistakes, tunnel vision, lowered rational capacity, etc.
Obviously thats just why I approach any situation with caution, and why I personally feel since I am not required by state law to tell an officer if I am carrying a deadly weapon, I won't. IDK, not like I'm going to get shot I just want to get in and out as quick as possible. I feel that telling the wrong gun fearing lefty cop you are packing could make the situation worse?
>>
>>30568299
different guy
If you can't afford to test it then you probably shouldn't risk using mixed ammo in one mag. Probably won't have issues but would suck to lose your life on the off chance it does cause an issue.
>>
>>30568341
Perhaps, I guess it just depends on the situation, the cop, you, and a bunch of other things. I imagine the Chicago cop on his 6th 12 hour day in a row, right after the obligatory hourly weekend shooting is going to have a much different mindset than the rural sheriff deputy well rested after his weekend.

Try doing what-ifs, go through a traffic stop in your mind, what you would say, what you'd expect might happen, and how you can react to it. Its been proven thinking about these scenarios improves your reaction to them. Cops do it all the time.

Other than that, I guess you wont know till it happens.
>>
>>30568259
No, they don't know him from Adam.

But seriously, he did have a valid permit to carry, this is established, and that's why the Ramsey County Sheriff deleted that tweet.

He was issued his permit by Hennipen County when he was living in Robinsdale.

The Star Tribune has even confirmed he had a valid PTC, it's not like I'm reporting breaking news when I tell you that you don't have to take his girlfriend's word for it.
>>
>>30568235
I'll believe you on that, but its still known he was stopped for suspicion of armed robbery.
>>
>>30568299
Well, some guns simply don't feed certain types of ammo very well in the first place, and have mix load magazines might cause some issue, from forums I've seen mix responses to this question.

Also, if you don't test you gun with your defensive ammo then you don't truly know if it'll run as well as you'd like it to. I've tested at least a couple magazines worth of all defensive ammo I've carried, just to make sure I know for a fact they perform reliably.

If this is your defensive gun, let me ask you this. Is your life worth less than 27 dollars?
>>
>>30568398
his permit isn't the issue, its what he did to get shot.
>>30568397
problem is you can't feel out the cop after a couple seconds but i get ya.
>>
>>30568414
It's also established that it wasn't him.

I'm not going to say that Philando didn't contribute to the situation. He absolutely made that scared little bitch of a cop nervous. And he obviously wasn't a very bright man, seeing as he's held a steady (almost assuredly part time and only 9 months of the year) job for 14 years as a lunch lady.

But he still got shot because a man who wasn't cut out for police work got scared and almost certainly gave him conflicting instructions.

Philando would probably still be alive if he had kept his hands on the wheel. He would probably still be alive if he hadn't burted out that he was armed when he didn't need to. He would probably still be alive if he had the money to buy a better car from working a better job than cafeteria food services at a public school.

There's probably about a 50% chance he'd still be alive if he were white (and the BOLO was for a white suspect).

But that doesn't mean it was his fault, just like it isn't the fault of the dumbfuck coed getting blackout drunk in a miniskirt when she gets raped. Could she have avoided it? Yes. Could Philando have avoided it? Yes.

But that's not the same thing as assigning guilt. The guilty party is the scared little bitch who killed a man reaching for his wallet after asking him for his ID.
>>
>>30568435
What he did to get shot was get pulled over by a scared little bitch who couldn't control the situation without force if the other participants were in diapers.
>>
>>30568463

I like you.
>>
>>30568463

I havent heard anything about much the information you've provided. Much of it seems to conflict details already known. I think its just too soon to call at this time, so I'll save my judgements on both until later.
>>
I don't mean to derail the OP's main inquiry but this whole deal has gotten me curious. I don't have my LTC (Texas) but during summer I make money while taking online classes back home by dog sitting for family friends.
Recently there have been lots of burglaries in our neighborhood because it's wealthy and in what was once a rural area, now the city growth has made its way here. Cops are never around. So anytime I go to someone else's house to check on puppers I always keep my poorfag pistol in my center console or wedged between the drivers seat and center console of my truck.
If I get pulled over, I don't have my LTC but I'm legally allowed to have that gun in my vehicle if it's out of sight.
What's the best way to tell the cop "I have a concealed gun in the car but I don't have my LTC" without getting philando'd? Local PD is regarded as pretty mediocre on firearms laws.
>>
>>30564791
>all the assholes ITT

It's cool to play "muh constitution protects me piggy" until you get shot for something stupid because you were being an ass

Even if the cop is legally in the wrong, being an asshole will gain you literally nothing.

Anyhow, my procedure for being stopped while CCW is
>shut off car
>keys on dash
>window down
>hands on steering wheel
>don't fucking do shit until I'm told / given permission

The way I see it, we both want to go home so there's no point in causing an issue
>>
>>30566667
Police officers are trained to give people they pull over a minute to rummage around looking for their registration. That way when they physically approach you, you should not need to reach for anything.
>>
>>30568602
If you start digging around your car after you've been pulled over but before the cop gets to you, be prepared to have a shitty time.
>>
>>30564791
>Crown Victoria police interceptor
>pulled over a Pontiac Grand Am

I guarantee the driver is black
>>
>>30568566
Texas is a duty to inform cuckstate. If you get pulled over, you need to immediately tell the police officer that you are legally in possession of a loaded weapon (I'm assuming that you are legally in possession of your loaded weapon), and you will keep your hands on the wheel and do not move until you receive instruction from the officer. Don't tell them where it is unless they ask. Don't make any "furtive movements". Don't reach for your wallet, don't dig for your registration.

Just sit still and do what he says. If he says two things, sit still until he gives you one single instruction.
>>
>>30568615
I don't dig around because I'm not a fucking nigger. My center console has only insurance information and registration in it. If I get pulled over (I don't get pulled over because I'm a good driver who keeps his vehicle in good condition) I I turn off the engine, roll down the window, and have my information in hand.
>>
>>30568676
Have fun laying on asphalt
>>
>>30568684
why the hell would i have a problem? you think reaching for something after you told police you have a gun is less risky? lol
>>
>>30568688
If a cop sees you reach for something after he's pulled you over he's going to assume it's a gun every time.
>>
>>30568691
I've always wondered this.

Do I get my shit ready for the cop beforehand or after he approaches?
>>
>>30568695
After. Every time. Do not reach for anything in your car until asked to do so.
>>
>>30568695
After is better
>>
>>30568695
If you're white, its fine. If you're black, you're fucked either way.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2508x1672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2508x1672
>>30568638
>Texas is a duty to inform cuckstate. If you get pulled over, you need to immediately tell the police officer that you are legally in possession of a loaded weapon (I'm assuming that you are legally in possession of your loaded weapon), and you will keep your hands on the wheel and do not move until you receive instruction from the officer.

Well that yielded more information than I learned yesterday on Google. I was looking for "legality of driving with a pistol in Texas" and it just said as long is it was out of plain sight it's legal.

I have been pulled over once going home from school and I had my grad gift heirloom pistol in the glove box (Lubbock gets rough in some places). But that was Texas DPS in a rural area and they're usually pretty cool. I did what I was told to by my uncle who was a cop in Texas before joining Border Patrol and shut my truck off, turned on the dome lights, set the keys on the dash, and kept my hands at 10 and 2 until he got to my window. He gave the usual introduction, asked why he pulled me over, I told him I didn't know because admission of guilt and all that. When he asked for my DL and proof of insurance, I told him insurance was in my center console where I also had a loaded handgun. He just asked if it was mine or stolen, told him it was mine, and he couldn't care less. After he ran my other info he asked if I had any other firearms and I told him about the .22 and shotgun in a case under my backseat but I'm guessing that was because of the shell casings in my bed.

I'm not all that worried about Texas DPS so much as my local PD so thanks for the info.
>>
>>30568691
Maybe in your nigger state. I'm in based as fuck Arizona where all citizens carry a gun. In cities such as Gilbert (lowest violent crime in the nation) the police are polite and conduct themselves extremely professionally.

I haven't been pulled over for years, but every time I have ever been pulled over, the police wait for a minute or so and then approach the vehicle. If you had half a brain, you would realize probably 50% or more people who are pulled over look for their information when they are pulled over. You're a bunch of paranoid retards.
>>
>>30568688
this pretty much
>>30568691
If you get a chill cop sure you wont have a problem, someone a bit jumpy isn't going to ask anything, you're coming out of the car by whatever means, whether it's the door, window or coroners bag.
>>
File: Fib2sWc.png (78 KB, 282x300) Image search: [Google]
Fib2sWc.png
78 KB, 282x300
>>30568703
>highway patrol
>boat
>>
>ITT cucks who think they need to be submissive little sissys to cops

Remember when they used to have "Protect and SERVE" on their cars? There's a reason, cops used to be their to serve you. Your taxes fund their paychecks, they are PUBLIC servants, this new kind of role switch I've seen in recent years is senseless and only serves to hurt the people, especially since we've militarized the cops

Now I'm all for being polite, I'm not going to be a dick to a cop, but I'm not going to blow them like half the thread in here will. Cops should be respected but not to the degree you sissys do it.
>>
File: 45645643w576.jpg (35 KB, 518x345) Image search: [Google]
45645643w576.jpg
35 KB, 518x345
>>30568706
Tell me more about law AZ enforcement
>>
File: you.jpg (152 KB, 1300x1008) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
152 KB, 1300x1008
>>30568737
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 950x633
>>30568718
Rick Perry asked the federal government to give border patrol funding for river patrol. They denied it. So Rick Perry built gunboats and staffed it with DPS.
>>
>>30568737
I might be. I hope I'm not completely wrong. However, I've only ever had pleasant interaction with law enforcement.

My information is easily accessible in my console, I simply shut off my vehicle and have it all in hand, on the wheel with my window rolled down in the event I get pulled over.
>>
>>30568747
>Republican cries to the federal government for money

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>30568752
You're probably just so fast that no one has ever noticed. If it works for you then it's cool I guess, but you might make someone nervous some day.
>>
>>30568758
While that's usually a valid argument Texas is not a state that gets more federal dollars than they pay.

Aside from that, he just spent state money on it and gave a few DPS officers a better job than pulling over rubes and truckers.
>>
File: 137741231738213.jpg (17 KB, 400x244) Image search: [Google]
137741231738213.jpg
17 KB, 400x244
>>30568760
I'll keep that in mind. Do most people you pull over not have their information in hand when you get to the window? Being a naive white suburban kid I just figured it was always going to be the first thing police officers ask for.
>>
>all of these people getting off with warnings
>they actually disclose that they're carrying a weapon and are alive to talk about it

It must be great to be white and/or living in a free state.

I can tell you if you have even a hint of brown in you, and you pulled some of the "yes, I have a gun on me officer" bullshit you've heard in this thread with the LAPD, they'd shoot you right in your fucking mouth.
>>
>>30568775
No, a lot of people seem to their registration buried under a billion napkins in their glove box and it takes forever to find.
>>
>>30568775
>I just figured it was always going to be the first thing police officers ask for.
Well you're right, it probably is. A horrible portion of the population however seem utterly unable to think more than 0.7 seconds into the future and are probably stuck on the "why the fuck did this cunt pull me over I din do nothin'" mental track until something like being asked for the third time jogs them out of it.
>>
>>30568775
I don't dig for anything until I'm asked for it. It's always right at hand though (Minnesota doesn't require in-vehicle registration, just license and proof of insurance), because I got a warning from a nervous lady cop when I was a teenager with a bunch of gun relevant stickers on my shitbox.
>>
>>30568796
Sorry to hear that. Stay safe out there.

>>30568800
Yeah, fuck those retards. When I've been pulled over in the past, I immediately recognized that I made an infraction. Once for not signaling a lane change, once for a rolling right turn etc. One time I didn't know why I was pulled over, but assumed I made a traffic infraction. It was a warning that the little bulb over my license plate had burned out.
>>
>>30568787

Oh, darling. Everything you have said is true, except that it has nothing to do with being brown and everything to do with involving the LAPD.
>>
>>30568758

It's the federal border, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the feds to do their fucking job.
>>
I don't have a CHL. I can't get one, I'm 19.

I was freaking out the second I saw the lights. I'm armed and have no license. Will I be handcuffed and have my firearm taken away? Will I ever see my pistol again? Will they damage it, if I do get it back?

"Your brake light is out. Get it fixed whenever you can and you'll be on your way. Could I see your license please?"

"Of course. For your safety and mine, I have a loaded firearm in my glovebox."

No hesitation or nervousness. She politely asked if I could sit tight until a second officer could show up, as it is required by their department.

I did, and she ran my license while the second officer secured my firearm. He took it from my glove box, racked the slide open and left it on top of my trunk. It made me cringe to watch my firearm bake in the 100 degree weather, and in front of everybody in public, but I wasn't one to say anything at this point. The second officer made small talk while the original officer came back with my license. I was instructed to open my trunk, and they informed me that they would put my firearm in my trunk, and that I was free to replace it back into my glove box after they had left.

I carry two different copies of the Florida statutes that grant me the right to carry in my vehicle, without a CHL, in case anything like this would ever happen. And I am amazed that both the police officers knew and perfectly understood the law without me having to explain it to them. They both acted very professional and focused. Thank you Florida, and thank you police!

Anyways, I always enjoy reading these stories so I thought I might share my first encounter with you guys. Stay safe
>>
>>30567925
You don't but you know what, with one, I can carry in like 40 other states, can carry into bars/restaurants that serve alcohol, can carry in school zones, can carry in national parks, etc. And, if you are carrying concealed without a license and are stopped by an officer, you definately get treated differently than if you are a CCW holder. Also, if you ever have to use your weapon in a life or death self defense situation, it will look a hell of a lot better to the jury and the defense attorney than someone who conceal carries without a permit. Most people out here who carry without a CCW are white trash 20-somethings who have no clue about gun safety or rules/laws/consequences, etc. Or, they are black and Mexican gang members who are carrying illegally anyway and don't give a flying fuck.
>>
>>30568007
No you don't. I've filled out probably 50 of them in my life and maybe 10 or 12 in the last year alone.

It doesn't say last 4, it says SON motherfucker. Read it next time junior.
>>
>>30568706
Gilbert - that's because they're all Mormon and Christian faggots out that way.
>>
>>30568737
How's you buddy with the itchy trigger finger and his AR? Victor gonna fuck him and your city in the ass.
>>
>>30564940
>>30564951
>>30564990
>>30564994
>>30565250
>>30568129

How the fuck do you all cry about 2A rights but then bend over for cops? Unbelievable. What a bunch of cucks you are
>>
>>30564791
I've got a certain amount of respect for the non-asshole LEOs because of the job they have to do and I know full well a huge percentage of the people they deal with a fucktards and niggers.
Have no sympathy or respect for power-trippin superiority complex LEOs.

But the only time I've ever had any 'bad' interaction with LEO is when I had it comin, being drunk and disorderly in public or some such shit.
Even then, the LEOs were pretty reserved and layed back because I wasn't behaving violently towards them. I was just drunk and stupid at the time.
All things considered, in my experience, they can be pretty merciful if your not directly trying to fight with them.
Kommiefornia LEOS can be a completely different ball game though, those guys can be like attack dogs on the prowl just looking for any little excuse to wreck your shit so they can clock up some overtime hours.
>>
>>30571604
Because not everyone is a 16 year old that read some edgy post on how cops r ebil and stuck to it.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.