[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
G2 R.I.P. Ammo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: G2-R.I.P.jpg (8 KB, 273x185) Image search: [Google]
G2-R.I.P.jpg
8 KB, 273x185
How effective are these rounds? Any experiences or stories where you've had to use them?
>>
File: feelsneetman.jpg (10 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
feelsneetman.jpg
10 KB, 234x250
>>30564113
This meme again. When will it end?
>>
>>30564113
I have never actually heard of these
>>
They should make these threads a bannable offense.
>>
they turn what should be a perfectly good projectile into a tiny pill smaller than a 22 and a few splinters. complete trash
>>
File: pillz.png (690 KB, 900x890) Image search: [Google]
pillz.png
690 KB, 900x890
>>30564173
> this thread
> pill
>>
>>30564173
says the anon who hasn't been shot by one
>>
>>30564113
>How effective are these rounds?

They're incredibly effective at putting holes in ballistics gelatin

>Any experiences or stories where you've had to use them?
This one time I got mugged by ballistics gelatin down on Telephone Rd. Bitch never saw it coming.
>>
I had to shoot a guy recently with my cc and these RIP rounds. They aren't my normal defense load but I had some loaded after a recent range trip. The guy broke in around 2am and came at me when I turned the lights on. I didn't even aim, I just pointed and shot. I can only describe the scene as devastation. The intruder left his feet as he flew 20 feet backward. When he made contact with the wall it was clear that he was no longer in one piece. His torso had separated from his legs. Entrails were strewn across the room. The more whole pieces of his body were peppered with tiny holes. Blood was everywhere. Needless to say RIP will be my defense round of the future once I get out of prison for killing a poor illegal immigrant in the state of California.
>>
>>30564976

Thanks doc
>>
>>30564113
Yeah I've used them on your mom while I fucked her
>>
>>30564113
We TRY selling these at the shop I work at but they sent us a block of gel that had been shot with both the rips and the civic duty and it just looks pitiful. I mean, yeah, it'd be annoying for the doctor who would have to pick those metal splinters out of you but as one anon said the rip ammo splinters off, those splinters penetrate MAYBE 3 inches and then remaining core of the bullet (after already having dumped all of its energy) will travel about an additional 5-7 more inches, all the while doing very minimal damage. Dont even get me started on the civic duty. Ive seen pellet rifles penetrate deeper. This stuff looks gnarly and it'd be fun to use for destroying pumpkins like they do in the ads but as far as real performance goes this stuff is shit.
>>
>>30565241
I don't know about you but a bullet penetrating 10 inches into my anything would fuck me up pretty good
>>
>>30565515
I don't know about you but a .22LR penetrates 10 inches. Doesn't necessarily make it a good defensive cartridge.
>>
They're shitty overpriced meme bullets.
>>
>>30565077
>They're incredibly effective at putting holes in ballistics gelatin

Ballistics gel disagrees and calls it a pussy round
>>
File: RIP is trash.png (545 KB, 498x877) Image search: [Google]
RIP is trash.png
545 KB, 498x877
>>30564113
>>
File: 2d7.gif (496 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
2d7.gif
496 KB, 500x385
>>30565648
I didn't say they were effective at putting DEEP holes, or WIDE holes, just holes.

I mean birdshot's pretty good at that too
>>
>>30565515
ballistics gel =/= flesh
>>
>>30564976
Thanks Doc
>>
>>30567103
No shit, sherlock, but it is a consistent, repeatable medium.
>>
>>30565581
>get shot in brain by .22lr
>die
>get shot in brain by .308
>die

>get shot in leg by .22lr
>bleed a bit
>get shot in leg by .308
>bleed a lot

For the bajillionth time, it's not necessarily what you hit them with, rather where you hit them. The main benefits of using larger/faster rounds against a soft body is that they give better penetration of light cover and greater range/accuracy; all of the above are factors that either don't matter or are typically undesirable in a self defense round.

Be more accurate, shoot more bullets and hit more organs than your enemy.
>>
>>30564130
>>30564976
this
>>
>>30564976
>Haven't even opened /f/
>Still can't escape my daily dose
Thanks doc.
>>
Are those for head shots
>>
File: rip-round2.png (185 KB, 494x305) Image search: [Google]
rip-round2.png
185 KB, 494x305
>>
>>30564113
I used this ammunition once on a home invader.
Once.
I will never do that again.
The fragments shredded his body into nothing but ribbons, the resulting projectiles destroyed a black church, two nuns full of busses and ten thousand citizens of Chicago.
>>
I used these bullets on a home invader last march. Now im a registered sex offender in the state of florida.
>>
>>30566881
Nice try, Mordecai. I'm onto your sheeny curses
>>
>>30567578
>what is stopping power
>>
I used it for home defense, both me and the attacker suffered from temporary PTSD
>>
they would be better if they made them out of steel and then used copper to cover the steel.
>>
>>30567244
Okay retard, the ballistics gel is like hitting organs, skin alone is represented by around 4" of gel. That's saying you don't hit any bones on the way in also.
>>
https://youtu.be/psGFPRpWZ3w

nuff said.
>>
/k/ doesn't know how to form its own opinion. If the common body of /k/ doesn't like this ammo, then you'll get trash talked.

Same thing for things like Kimbers.

For the most part the common body of /k/ is right, but the thing is when a product sucks, and a manufacturer improves it, /k/ is so brainwashed that it will forever be a bad product in /k/s eyes. This is almost a cult website.
>>
>>30569726
we may be dicks, fags, and furries, but at least we arent /r/guns.

after a while /k/ gradually comes around on stuff. i remember when having an AR was only the domain of the richest of richfags, and king of them was squid with his SCARs and Bennellis.

we are also chock full o autism.
>>
It's a good way to lose a trial when Jamal 'Dindu' L'zshwn'zzz's family cries about you shooting him when he was a guud boi and was just wanting to borrow your TV and daughter's virginity.
>>
>>30569726
>but the thing is when a product sucks, and a manufacturer improves it, /k/ is so brainwashed that it will forever be a bad product in /k/s eyes.
If there were a way to make this gimmick ammo not suck, I'd love to hear it.

Maybe make it so the petals don't shed and simply expand. Then reduce manufacturing costs so it's competitive with normal defensive ammo. Drop the marketing gimmicks.

Oh, wait, then it'd just be a JHP and we wouldn't have issues with it.
>>
>>30564976
thanks doc
>>
It's just an expensive frangible ammo brand. There even affordable frangible ammo?
>>
>>30567578

>shot in head by .22lr
>if it pens, possible death, ineffective vs heavy clothing or helmets

>7.62 NATO to head
>death, regardless of helmet or clothing

>.22lr to leg
>no serious damage, could be stopped by heavy clothing, target is still 99% combat effective and mobile

>7.62 NATO to leg
>target is immobilized, probably unable to continue meaningful resistance, and will bleed out unless immediate medical treatment is administered

yeah, 7.62 NATO is basically like .22lr
>>
>>30571996
>shot in head by .22lr
>if it pens, possible death, ineffective vs heavy clothing or helmets
Confirmed for never having shot .22lr before. That shit is not a toy. My .22lr "pens" the forehead of culled sheep and the occasional steer. Excepting of course the extreme case wherein your target has a fucking bullet proof helmet on.

>.22lr to leg
>no serious damage, could be stopped by heavy clothing, target is still 99% combat effective and mobile
This is obviously why airshitters use .22lr to shoot at each other. The damage caused by .22lr w/ 200 J muzzle energy entering your body, fucking up muscles, fucking up bones and fucking up arteries is roughly equivalent to a 1 J .20 BB.

I'm not saying 7.62 is like .22lr, I'm saying that if you were on the receiving end it's unlikely you'd be able to discern a difference between being shot by the two. Both can, do, and will kill you if you're hit somewhere important but the .308 won't cause sufficient enough trauma to incapacitate you when being shot in somewhere not so critical.

nofunz caught out
>>
>>30567578
>implying someone getting shot in the leg with .22lr wouldn't freak the fuck out, ending the situation
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.