[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true? Does the military not provide soldiers with sunblock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Is it true? Does the military not provide soldiers with sunblock?
>>
>>30557509
No we do not but the stuff at the BX is 13$ a bottle!
>>
>>30557509
No they don't. You buy your own.

In fact, you can be charged for destroying government property if you allow yourself to be so sun burnt you can't perform your duties.
>>
>>30557509
in the muhreens the GAS/BAS (medical section) will give you some if you ask

>>30557784
>>30557855
thought it was the same for the army but maybe not
>>
>>30557855
I see Uncle Sam is taking the bureaucratic fuck you to the next level.
>>
As part of my pre-deployment equipment issue, I was actually given a couple tubes of the stuff.

But then, I was USAF, so I guess the services differ.
>>
File: 1359263748804.jpg (102 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1359263748804.jpg
102 KB, 640x427
>white people literally becoming incapacitated by light
>>
>>30557855
>>30558524
Mom, in the Navy, got her nose sunburned
command threatened her with captains mast if she didn't report to the dermatologist

in the past they'd also write you up if you missed a dentist appointment
>>
You don't get sunscreen in the US military?

We get it here before every exercise and by the bucket on ops.
>>
>>30558551

Such is life as a cumskin.
>>
>>30558524
That's nothing to do with the US military

In any military if you get medically downgraded because of your own incompetence you can be charged. Because why should someone die in your place on the line if you have toothache from missing appointments.
>>
>>30558588
Yeah, but you're Australian aren't you?
>>
>>30558618
>how do you know if someone is Australian

>they will tell you

also the self righteousness
>>
>>30558551
And even so we managed to conquer the land of almost all the brown people in the world.

Blocking the sun with our witchcraft technology (aka "clothing)
>>
File: mfw.jpg (159 KB, 1075x603) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
159 KB, 1075x603
>mfw whites cant go in the open without be warned
>>
>>30558672
I'm a lighter shade of brown, and I don't like the sun either, desu. When I go outside in hot weather, I feel like a merchant in an oven.

>>30557509
Never been issued it. But then, the weather's freezing anyway.
>>
>>30558628
I think you're thinking of new zealand
>>
>>30557509
True.

We are expected to buy it ourselves
>>
>>30557509
Used to be in the New Zealand Navy, if you went to the medical guys and asked for sun screen they would give you a tube/tub of the shit at no charge.

If you got sun burnt you could be charged.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.