[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Airsoft for training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 20070822022518!Bi-3681.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20070822022518!Bi-3681.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Hey /k/ has anyone used airsoft for training? What brands or types should one get?
>>
This is an /asp/ topic.
>>
>>30549024
yes. it's a decent trainer, which /k/ will never admit because military sponsored laser tag is SOOOO much more tactical.

regardless I wouldn't look into it too much. get an AEG made by KWA in the 300 range, they're not tip top but they'll serve you well enough and I suspect you won't be participating in the sport for long.
>>
>>30549076
I didn't mention in the op but the main reason I'm looking into this is because due to circumstances, I'm not legally allowed to touch a firearm
>>
>>30549099
oh.
then I don't know why you bother...
>>
>>30549024
Every airsoft gun I have ever bought stops functioning within 2 months. People who know how to fix them are hard to find.

I'm done with it until they start producing reliable ones.
>>
>>30549099

ahmed pls go

>>30549076
because 80% of /k/ is nogunz anyway
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoHA-rhGeG4

/thread
>>
>>30549076
KWA is garbage. Buy a cheap G&G AR or Cyma AK and upgrade it. Lighten the fps so you can actually shoot people with it and add some new wiring, connecters, gears and hop up. You now have a better gun than some try hard and you paid half the price.

As for training, stick to cqb with people you know. If you just speedsoft with randos it's gay. If you play outside its gay. Play tactically, in tight quarters with people you like.
>>
>>30549129
>beating on airsoft guns the same way you do on real guns
>>
>>30549129
Buy a better one. My Cyma Cm048 ran flawlessly for four years without ever opening the gearbox. This is weekly play. Still has never failed on me but I upgraded it since.
>>
>>30549166
>AEGs
Get a cheap gas gun like a WE, electric shit is for fags.
Also, take it to /asp/
>>
>>30549024
Get a gas blow back if you want anything resembling realism with the feel of the gun, and even then it's going to feel really weird. Triggers are going to feel more like keyboard keys than triggers and springs will always be really weak compared to the real deal.

>>30549129
>I buy LPAEGs and expect them to work
>>
GBBRs are better for realism but will be more expensive to feed
>>
>>30549219
The airsoft guns that broke down on me werent the cheap ones you get at wal mart.
>>
>>30549219
Gas sucks. They are cool, but they break easily, are expensive and aren't very consistant. If its cold out you are fucked. Upgraded aegs are the best, or HPA if you are a massive faggot.
>>
>>30549319
They don't have to be. All airsoft guns must be tinkered with, but some are more reliable than others. For pure durability I recommend a Cyma AK.
>>
>>30549166
>KWA is garbage. Buy a cheap G&G AR or Cyma AK and upgrade it. Lighten the fps so you can actually shoot people with it and add some new wiring, connecters, gears and hop up. You now have a better gun than some try hard and you paid half the price.

chinese steel gears are fucking fine
there's no need to buy any drive train parts other than a better motor and a sealing nozzle
sage for /asp/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.