[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEED A GUN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: A1A.gif (119 KB, 800x204) Image search: [Google]
A1A.gif
119 KB, 800x204
I live very close to detriot and if they start doing the stuff thats going on in dallas i want to be able to defend myself.
Im 18 and have only ever really shot BB/pelet guns when i was a kid. I live in michigan (obviously i said i live near Detroit.)
dies anyone know how to get into guns? or what steps need to be done to get a gun in michigan?
>>
>>30543002
>get money
>go to gun store
>let them explain what to do
>do it
>have gun
>>
>>30543076
should i get a rifle or a handgun? i like the idea of a rifle better but i know it would be more expensive
>>
>>30543098
Probably a rifle.

I think the first thing you should do is find a gun range near you that offers rentals, and try some of the guns out so you have a better idea of how various types operate and what appeals to you the most.
>>
>>30543118
Thats a good idea. Do you have any favorites/recommendations?
>>
>>30543140
>>30543118
Of rifles that is
>>
>>30543098
>18
Shotgun
>>
>>30543166
got any modle in mind?
>>
>>30543200
Mossberg 590A1.
>>
>>30543002
black people are not going to start a race war. chill out. you should buy a gun anyway because you never know when you might need one. a good entry level AR-15 will cost about $650 but a shotgun probably do just as well for $250
>>
>>30543140
AR15 is the standard.

Might try a lighter carbine chambered in 9mm, those are easy to control and best at short ranges like you'd be dealing with.
>>
>>30543140
The go-to beginner rifle these days is a Savage Axis in .308 with iron sights.
Don't bother with getting a .22 first, it's not any good for self-protection and the ammo is still hard to find.
Or do this
>>30543233
>>
>>30543200
>>30543233
Basic 500 will do
Get a heat shield and a bandolier
>>
>>30543284
>heat shield
whats that?
>>
>>30543301
The shoulder thing that goes up
>>
>>30543002
I'd sell you one cheap but
1. I'm across the river in Windsor, Canada.
2. all my stuff would be an NFA item in the USA due to barrel length.

Sorry famalam.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 750x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 750x308
>>30543301
Ported sheet metal that covers the barrel so you don't burn the fuck out of your hands after a shitton of shells
Also it looks cool as fuck
>>
Get a benelli m4. Then get a mag tube extension.

Or just a Mossberg 500 or 590 with a mag tube extension and super sweet tactical stock bruh
>>
>>30543380
is that one?
>>
File: wallpaper-1934869.jpg (370 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-1934869.jpg
370 KB, 1280x960
>>30543301
Protects your hand if you are shooting lots, the barrel gets hot and your pump hand is right next to it. Certain misguided politicians have banned or tried to ban them because they look badass (pic related).

A bandolier is like a sling that can hold ammo. It's not the best/fastest solution to get ammo into your gun but it guarantees that you'll always have ammo with you since it's attached to the shotgun. Other solutions (velcro cards, belt holster, etc.) might not get grabbed in a stressful situation and nothing's worse than an empty gun.
>>
>>30543233
>>30543284

I support these anons, either is fine. Or a remington 870, look at them and choose one, they all will perform.

also

>Buy 12 gauge
>Buy whatever length shell the barrel is marked for
>Buy 00 shells for the bad guys
>practice loading and unloading it, a lot. Get fast.
>in terms for newbies, the longer barreled versions are typically for bird hunting and hold a tighter pattern. If the clerk is knowledgeable, you can ask what a shotgun choke is. Buy whichever.

also

>rule 1) never point barrel at a person unless it's person you will kill. Always watch where that barrel is pointing. Get autistic about it.
>rule 2) finger out of the trigger guard until you have aimed or you will probably accident.

Hang out here and learn more as you go
>>
>>30543166
>18 living in South Carolina
shotgun
rifle
handguns(in a private sale, its a weird stipulation)
>>
>>30543420

ye, it's that part above the pump with the holes in it. The barrel is inside of it, all it does is keep your fingers off the barrel while you're pumping.

>>30543380
>>30543423
>>
File: M4SBS1.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
M4SBS1.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>30543413
If he can afford a Benelli M4 at age 18, fucking cool. I'm 30 and I can't justify the price, even though they are the best money can buy.
>not SBSing it instead of extending the mag, pic related
>>
>>30543465
It also protects your hand from the heat while reloading
>>
Op, a pistol is extremely useful if you can get a carry permit. It'll be on your person on a regular basis and therefore by far the most likely to actually get you out of a jam (assuming your primary lines of defense: situational awareness/tactical planning/de-escalation fail).

For HD a shotgun is fine. Inexpensive, easy to use and extremely powerful. Excellent area denial weapon. It doesn't stack up against a modern self loading rifle for SHTF though, since a rifle also works at much longer ranges.

That said, each level is increasingly less likely to happen and increasingly more likely to kill you regardless of your equipment. A simple handgun will provide 90% of your defense needs, the rest is just nice to have.
>>
No justice no peace
>>
>>30543573
not OP
I live in california
I will never get a CCW
>>
>>30543790
Where in California? Certain counties will issue seeing as it's up to the sheriff to approve or deny the applications. So in say L.A., good luck if you aren't friends with him, but go up to Shasta county, and the sheriff hands them out to anyone that meets the requirements.
>>
>>30543805
I live in Stanislaus County

I dont really NEED one per se, but with all that is happening (and the fact that I live in Modesto which I feel is getting more crime infested daily)
>>
>>30543470
Haha wtf. That looks like a midget gun...

I'd rather have it full length with mag extension
>>
>>30543002
Dearborn Outdoors
15101 Century Dr. Ste 504. Dearborn Michigan.

We've got pistols as low as $99 and shotguns starting at $169.
>>
>>30543002
Walk in with valid ID, you fill out a couple forms, I run a background check, if you're cleared, you're good to go. Pistols need to be registered, long guns don't.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.