[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glocks are the ugliest utilitarian design ever made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: le_spaceage_polymers.jpg (102 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
le_spaceage_polymers.jpg
102 KB, 640x426
Glock fags will defend this
https://youtu.be/tivjOK7hAOM?t=34s

Why do people act like glocks are the best gun ever made? At best they are an overpriced, reliable design.
>>
>overpriced, reliable design.

Goddammit.
Paying for reliability shouldn't be my first concern then?

Get the fuck out retard.
>>
>>30533794
Except other, equally reliable guns exist at lower pricepoints. In fact, most of them don't sell grenades disguised as handguns, like Glock loves to do with .40 and 10mm.
>>
Seems like bait but I'll bite.

I paid about $450 ten years ago for a new Glock 17. I use it at least once a month in pistol matches. Only failure was a stove pipe ONCE. it's comfy to hold, accurate, and easily modified. Love the gun
>>
>>30533819
This is more addressing the cult mentioned in the video.
>>
>>30533779
Glock would be less gay if a few concerns were cleared up.

To justify the $500-$600 price tag for a plastic fucking handgun, it should have the following:
-A better trigger
-Better sights
-Metal guide rod (Did the Generation 4s address this?
>>
Fine then op. List a few
> Full metal frame
>Double stack
>Striker/hammer fired
>15+ round capacity
Pistols I can get brand new for $500-600 OTT instead of tenting about how much you hate glocks
>>
>>30533779
Anyone else feel like buying a P7?
>>
stop shilling your clickbait videos here Alex. No one likes you.
>>
>>30534277
Cz75
92fs
>>
>>30533866
Metal guide rods are a meme. It's literally just a guide rod and takes very very little to no stress. Gen 4s do have a better spring then 1-3. They have a 2 stage? Type spring that doesn't come apart.

The glock sights are at least on par with all other non night sights and you can put those on aftermarket.

The triggers are excellent imo. Better than xdm, M&P, rugers striker fired. It has a quick reset that you can feel and hear. Very little creep and has a nice clean break.

I've never had a failure from a glock that wasn't ammo or user error.
>>
I always liked Glocks for being the supposed iPhone of handguns. I showed a super techy coworker how my Glock works and how the takedown was and he was astounded by it.
>>
>>30534277
Anything with a stolen CZ design. If you get a surplus CZ or Jericho, you can be out the door for $300-$400
>>
>>30533779
Glocks are the best at what they do. What they do is everything. They don't do anything great, but they don't do anything awful. They are the jack of all trades brand.
>>
>>30536709
>implying that CZ didnt steal Saint Browning's design.
>>
>>30533779
>overpriced

Compared to what?

A G19 is like $550 max here in TX, which is about what I'd expect to pay for any decent handgun. CZs, M&Ps, XDs, and tons of other popular guns fall into the same price range.
>>
>>30536832
Its overpriced for what it is. It's like paying BMW prices for a Honda. Sure, its reliable, but it's just utilitarian tool. It doesnt have that 'riding on rails' feel.
>>
>>30536996
Okay champ go buy a turk gun.
Glocks aren't overpriced at all in this market.
>>
File: Bomb Gag.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Bomb Gag.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>30533779
>Linking Alex's clickbait youtube videos

Get out with that cancer and go find some real content to watch.
>>
>>30533808
>le outdated glocknade maymay

Do some research outside of /k/, you fucking retard.
>>
>>30536996
>Its overpriced for what it is

You yourself said it's reliable, and if it's as reliable as other pistols and as expensive as other pistols then I really don't see what the problem is.
>>
How the fuck is a Glock overpriced? They are $500 new or you can get a mint condition police trade in for $300.

Jesus fuck the TFB is a cunt farm.
>>
File: Best Economics Textbook.jpg (41 KB, 655x621) Image search: [Google]
Best Economics Textbook.jpg
41 KB, 655x621
What povertyfags do t seem to realize is that there is this aspect of economics called "price discovery". This means that in a marketplace, buyers and sellers come together and agree on a price. Sellers raise or lower their price to get the amount of product moving into buyers hands.

The buyers of glocks are happy with the price as its is, as they buy the shit out of them. As a glock is the benchmark pistol, literally every other production handgun (except maybe 1911s) prices their shit according to glocks.

The glock is not over priced, your just not in their market segment.
>>
>>30533808
>implying glocknade incidents are anything other than dindus and fudds using the wrong caliber of ammo
>>
>>30537362
with your grasp of the english language it is no wonder that you're too poor to buy anything but a glock
>>
>>30533866
>Metal guide rod

Is this the same autist posting this every time or what?

The part experiences literally zero wear. Never seen a single one cause a malfunction due to wear.
No reason whatsoever to replace it with a metal one just to appease one faggot's autism.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.