[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/ I'm originally from Scotland but have just got my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 480x447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 480x447
So /k/ I'm originally from Scotland but have just got my citizenship for murica moved to Florida and I was wondering what should be my first weapon ?
I was thinking something along the lines of a bolt action rifle like a mosin just because I crazy for soviet era weapons but are any other bolt actions fun to shoot with?
>>
Either a bolt action of some sort or a pump 12 gauge shotgun.
>>
>>30525260
>a bolt action of some sort
Orly?
>>
>>30525245
Well for surplus, I love my Yugo m48, and my Swiss k31, but ammo isn't that cheap with either. Go mosin.
>>
File: Florida_Constitution.png (523 KB, 1035x771) Image search: [Google]
Florida_Constitution.png
523 KB, 1035x771
Which part of Florida?
>>
How did you get citizenship? It's basically impossible if you're white.
>>
>>30525245
>just moved to murica
>just got citizenship
>right after freedom day
The only answer is 1911 and AR15, those are your first guns as an American.
>>
>>30525307
Miami right now but it's full of cunts so I'm moving further inland looking for nice small towns that haven't got a grumpy Scottish lad destroying their pubs
>>
>>30525321
I'm not sure I mean I saw this retard liberal say he got ptsd from an AR,
Now although I'm not retarded or a child I don't know if it's for me ?

Plus I just prefer pulling the bolt of rifles back
>>
>>30525245
Welcome. You are no longer a britbong.

From now on we shall call you a burgerbro

And in the Honor of /k/ you shall buy an SKS (whatever variant suits you) and a 1911
its the only way.
>>
>>30525366
Florida is full of English and Scottish people being annoying, driving at three times the speed limit and getting drunk as fuck.

It's also full of Floridians doing the same thing, so welcome.
>>
>>30525378
You'd have to be a megabitch to get PTSD from shooting an AR. My 8 year old nephew shoots mine regularly. Bolt actions are nice, but nothing says Murica like an AR. It will grow on you once you take it out and shoot it. Plus they might disappear given a shitty President, bolt actions are going no where.
>>
>>30525396
I was actually really surprised at the amount of Scottish cunts here, I just assumed it was because its the summer holidays for Scottish schools and they came for Disneyland or some shit
>>
>>30525402
Would you say that I should maybe try and build my own ?

I'm fairly financially secure because Scotland's gibsmedat university and jobs here are easy.

But I was thinking that if I wanted to go for an AR I might aswell buy the individual pieces and try to build one myself (get a feel for what makes guns work and shit)
>>
>>30525378

That dude is a retard. Having you move here balances out that shitweed.

Seconded >>30525321 because reasons.

Welcome to America, now get your ass some guns!
>>
>>30525427

Shoot some first before diving in and building it.
>>
>>30525431
It's strange even looking at guns here because they are so vilified in the UK.

I went into a gun store yesterday just to look at prices and shit and even setting foot in that store made me feel like a criminal
How do you keep the guilt away /k/
>>
>>30525245
take pride in the fact that if you ever end up in the news you will be FLORIDA MAN!
>>
>>30525427
>I'm fairly financially secure

Here's the thing, you've just moved to a country where you have no real base. I know you're not some straight off the boat illiterate, but what you should be doing right now is making sure you're more than "fairly" financially secure. All sorts of things are going to come up.

Buy a gun. Don't spend all your money on them, though, because if you've just moved somewhere then it generally gets expensive quickly for the first year or two.
>>
>>30525440
Would it maybe even be worth going into Walmart and buying a few hundred rounds of cheap ammo and their cheapest AR(if they sell them) and just trying to work my way around the gun?
>>
>>30525446
You're from Scotland which basically has no shooting tradition, at all.

You've gone from possibly the most anti gun place in the English speaking world to one of the most pro gun.
>>
>>30525427
It's easy enough if you get the tools and follow directions well. I built one with my buddy but just recently bought a S&W M&P so it's really all up to you and how proficient you are with mechanical things. Building was easy but there are built guns that are good to go. Personally If I was you, I would just buy one.
>>
>>30525452
Yeah of course man

Would it be worth anything joining the NRA and going to like some open training days or something?
>>
>>30525466
To be fair Scotland is actually not bad, we have some hunting ground tradition shit in the highlands but it's fairly frowned upon like you said
>>
>>30525463
Find a good range and take some classes, if you haven't shot before. That should be the first thing. The next thing you should do is research your local FFLs. Deal with the best. These people will potentially have a long, multiple decade, relationship with you so you may as well go with the best first.

You can get a good, varied collection going for a few thousand dollars. Avoid making rash purchases. You've got a lot on your side with the internet, do your research. Forget WalMart.

I moved from Sussex to New Hampshire years ago and I tend to float between England and the USA.
>>
>>30525503
And what about side arm, for like house protection and shi, I was thinking sig sauer or something but I'm not really confident with my pistol knowledge
>>
>>30525486
I personally don't like the NRA as they seem to be a lot more interested in sending out ridiculous magazines and patting themselves on the back than they are with actual shooting and shooting related topics. Your experience may vary.

Training is always a good idea. You get to meet new people, develop some skills and gain confidence. You can teach yourself to shoot, it's not that hard, but it's never a bad thing to get some help.
>>
>>30525523
USP 45 tactical. AR is okay for HD too. Don't forget a weapons light.
>>
>>30525523
Remington 870.

Feasibly, it's whatever you're comfortable with. However, as a novice who is unfamiliar with your environment a shotgun is a better choice.
>>
>>30525463
>>30525446

Go rent and shoot first. That way you'll know whether you'll like it or not. Sounds like you want one and keep it for a while so nit suggesting getting the cheapest one to start with.

Once you go and shoot that gun, the guilt slowly fades.
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 978x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 978x1280
Ok so far my plan is
>get licenses that I need
>get a cheap but reliable AR
>get my ass to the range
>become American sniper but no really 100%american
>get usp
>train with le sidearm
>start the second civil war because the other immigrants took err jobs which forced me to take yerr jobs
Sounds like a plan thanks /k/unts
>>
>>30525574

Yup, welcome to America, ya haggis eatin' schmuck!
>>
>>30525574
>his plan has no drinking
>no burgers and fries
Doesn't sound like much of a plan lad.
>>
>>30525627
It's only a first draft my fellow citizen
>>
>>30525648
Having a burger post shoot is life
>>
>>30525245
Don't get a shotgun.
They are useless for fucking everything!
>Shit range for sniper shots on deer and peeps
>bird and buck shot have no stopping power
>Slugs have shit accuracy
>they have shit capacity and you'll end up dead during your first 15 man home invasion especially when they hear you pump it

Just buy an AR 15
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.