[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to buy my first gun. What do you all think of the Walther
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: ppqm2-left.jpg (34 KB, 940x600) Image search: [Google]
ppqm2-left.jpg
34 KB, 940x600
Want to buy my first gun. What do you all think of the Walther PPQ?

>inb4 muh 9mm stopping power

I want something that I can easily carry and that won't shit out if SHTF.
>>
>>30521376
have you ever even posted on /k/ before?
>>
>>30521387
Yeah. I lurk as well. Haven't been here in a while though.
>>
>>30521400
lurk more then
the best pistol is always the one you shoot best
almost all semi's from reputable brands are within a % when it comes to reliability
>>
File: ppq's.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
ppq's.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
>>30521376
>What do you all think of the Walther PPQ
love'm. they fit me like a glove. get a m1 where applicable

>inb4 muh 9mm stopping power
they make them in 22, 9mm, 40 and 45.
>>
>>30521376
Great gun. Good (for a striker fired) trigger, lightweight, ergonomic, good machine done to the slide, grip is comfy. Holsters and sights are available from various manufacturers.

The only real negatives I see are that magazines are expensive and the aftermarket, while there at least is one, isn't as extensive as Glocks.

With a glock I'd upgrade the trigger to something like the skimmer trigger which adds price. And makes it more expensive than the Walther. HOWEVER once you see that the magazines are nearly double the price of the Glocks you can make the difference up there.

Either will do good in SHTF, both are good.

If you buy all your accessories online availability doesn't matter much just know you'll spend more on the PPQ both if you keep anything you buy stock and due to magazines.
>>
>>30521475
>Owning an M2

The thing I hate about Walther is their absolutely horrid support/aftermarket track record here in the US. They make good guns but drop their products like hot potatoes that contain the plague.

To be fair, H&K does the same but with them you have massive LEO adoption that kinda sorta keeps parts around and available for the popular models.
>>
>>30521512
>Owning an M2
if they made the 45 and 22 in the m1 flavor i'd have bought those.

>They make good guns but drop their products like hot potatoes
im not following you there, at with the ppq. they have done but expand the ppq options, hell its the only reason they even make a 45.
>>
>>30521558
The M1 only exist because of consumer outcry. They would have left us hanging like they did with their legacy P88 and others.
>>
>>30521578
i think you mean M2. the gun started out as 'm1'.
>>
>>30521604
No I meant the M1. Are you new to Walthers?
>>
>>30521615
so you're saying the paddle mag ppq's only exist because of a consumer outcry before the gun was invented? out cry over what? the paddle mag on the p99?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>30521376
It's essentially an Americanized Walther P99, many asthetic improvements while most parts remain the same, even the slides are interchangeable between the P99 and PPQ.

In short, they are great guns, and if the PPQ 45 came out a year earlier I might have that instead of this. I like the hammerless da/sa trigger, decocker, and paddle mag release. Also the angular styling.
>>
>>30521627
You clearly haven't been following Walther for long, if at all.
>>
>>30521636
no, please keep telling me how they drop their guns like hot potatoes and then immediately provide examples which contradict that opinion one post later.
>>
>>30521376
fun for range but there are better guns to carry

t. ppq owner
>>
>>30521728
Dafuq you talking about? I conceal carry my P99 with an ayylmao gear holster literally daily, it's very compact for 15+1
>>
>>30521703
>He doesn't know Walther treated the M1 like a black sheep and pulled support for it from the market until people started crying.

Newfag please. I like Walther but it doesn't change the reality of it being a Euro centric brand.
>>
>>30521728
Meh, for a 15+1 gun, the only other that carries and conceals as nicely is the Glock 19.
>>
>>30521512
>To be fair, H&K does the same
They haven't dropped any handguns since the P7, have they?
>>
>>30521627
>so you're saying the paddle mag ppq's only exist because of a consumer outcry before the gun was invented? out cry over what? the paddle mag on the p99?
Walther stopped production of the paddle mag release PPQ's when they first began production of the PPQ M2. Consumer outcry got them to bring the original style back and name it the "M1." No company ever released a firearm and named it the "X Model, Version 1," as if to anticipate its own obsolescence. Walther has also recently dropped their PPX for apparently no reason. It was actually fairly popular in the US and gaining ground in the market, but Walther decided that they didn't like it anymore, and took it away.

Please try to do a bit of your own research before whining on here for people to spoonfeed you information. You are really shitting this thread up.
>>
>>30522081
ya no shit. setting up an american plant, re-focusing a pistol design to make it more appealing to americans and then keeping the new design and the old design to keep customers happy while introducing it new calibers is pretty fucking far from dropping guns like hot potatoes.
>>
>>30522249
Don't ignore my points.
>>
>>30521409
Not really.
>>
>>30522260
sorry i just dont see anything that suggests they hate american customers are out to get us. as for the ppx, its still listed on their site and still listed as in production on wiki. which i know isnt proof of anything but still more reliable then an anon of 4 chan.
>>
Walther's a good company. I carry a PPS daily and it's very well made. The only two things I don't like about it are the mag prices and the stupid back straps.

I'd love to get a PPQ classic or P99, but I already have a custom 1911 so I have no need for a full size handgun.
>>
>>30522413
>anything that suggests they hate american customers are out to get us.
Confirmed for strawmanning hard.
>>30521512
>They make good guns but drop their products like hot potatoes

>as for the ppx, its still listed on their site and still listed as in production on wiki. which i know isnt proof of anything but still more reliable then an anon of 4 chan.
CALL THEM.
>>
File: Polish Radom P99 RAD.jpg (42 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
Polish Radom P99 RAD.jpg
42 KB, 500x320
>>30521632
>Americanized
lol listen to this boy
>>
Why don't we see more people use Walthers? Is it because of Bond, or what?
>>
>>30523653
for the same reason you don't see more people using any other polymer gun that's not Glock Perfection™
>>
File: 1430267684062.gif (520 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1430267684062.gif
520 KB, 255x255
It's neat. I have a p22. I like it.

if you want SHTF reliability though, you're gonna have to go with a glock :^)
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.