[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /k/ I seldomly lurk here never post, but ever time I see someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: left-side1.jpg (399 KB, 922x692) Image search: [Google]
left-side1.jpg
399 KB, 922x692
Hi /k/ I seldomly lurk here never post, but ever time I see someone bring up highpoints its met with

>pot metal gun
>nigger gun
>overall piece of shit

Now I understand you need to use a gun for yourself to make the ultimate choice, but overall the Highpoint C9 doesn't look that bad. I really want a Beretta M9, but don't have $650+ to drop on a gun. Is it really that bad to have a $150 high point around for self defense? Anyone here actually own one?
>>
It's better than a sharp stick, I suppose.
>>
>>30519387
Unless you absolutely, positively, need a gun, right this second, you can wait to save more money. You probably don't need a gun right away, so it is a better idea to save up for a decent surplus pistol like a makarov, or get more expensive and reliable pistol like a glock. If you can save 150$, you can save up to 500$ with a little more time. Do your research on 500$ guns, make a decision while saving, and by the time your done, you'll know exactly what to get with your money.
>>
>>30519387
>simple blowback
>cheap
>lifetime, no questions asked, warranty
>shoots +p
Theyre alright. Heard someone cut one in half with a band saw and sent it in under warranty and they sent him a new gun.
>>
>>30519387
It reliably goes bang. Buy it and practice.
>>
>>30519387
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCNx0Ql2ZZw
>>
>>30519431
My friend would do that shit and send a letter that a ninja got the drop on him and cut his shit in half.
>>
>>30519387
You can buy better guns for 150-200 more like a keltech PF9, Ruger LC9, or a Sccy.

they're also small and easy to CC while a high point is an unwieldy giant block that'd be a bitch to conceal.

Everytime I see someone open carrying it's a fucking hi point and I just laugh to myself.
>>
Honestly, they're too big for concealed carry, and for home defense a 12 gauge is only a little bit more. If you can save up twice as much, you can get a serviceable cz 75 clone made by turks, and then it's only a little bit further to a posurp glock. Then you get into the realm of a used beretta or a solid wheelgun.

If you desperately need a handgun right now, the C9 is the best of the worst, but saving up and getting a canik 9mm will give you a gun that holds twice as much and is pleasant to shoot and practice with.
>>
>>30519442
>"This will cost your pride."

Top kek. Praise be unto Kek.
>>
>>30519458
Hell, a beat to shit $200 pawn shop special 12 ga would be better for hd
>>
I want one just to own a meme
>>
>>30519387
as >>30519431 said theyre reliable as long as the mags are tuned to feed rounds properly, simple, cheap and so long as you can recover the serial number Highpoint will replace it whatever you do to it. I want one for a cheap fucking about gun, for defense unless your budget is literally $150 and you need it now save up about 350 and get a "Better" defense handgun like one of the CZ clones made or imported by EAA, or a glock clone like the Smith And Wesson Sd9ve or a decent condition used gun. I got the gun I've been carrying for the past few weeks for like $65 with 2 mags used at an auction a few years back, and it blows a high point out of the water with similar capacity. Shop around, find something you like unless you just want to buy one just to own a meme
>>
>>30519442
"It is a Highpoint. Known for quality, of course."

He said that with such a straight face, if you didn't know better you would believe him.
>>
>>30519442
>put the pot away

fucking died
>>
>>30519458
basically this
>>
>>30519428
>makarov
>decent
You can get much better pistols for $350.
>>
>>30519428
The hi point you do have is better than the barrette you dont. If op doesn't have another gun all ready and he can buy a hi point today he should
>>
>>30519676
They are bizarrely accurate once you get used to the trigger and you can abuse the ever loving shit out of them without them failing on you
>>
>>30519387
Buy once cry once. Is it that hard to save up $650?

A hi-point is better than no gun, but it's a piece of shit and it's gonna suck to shoot. They will go bang... probably, but they are substandard in reliability and build quality. I would not trust my life to one unless I absolutely had no other option. Moreover, they really do feel like a brick and I guarantee that you're not gonna be getting proficient with something that's so clunky. If you're serious about guns at all, you *will* want something better.
>>
File: hi-point, why, why not.png (91 KB, 1285x566) Image search: [Google]
hi-point, why, why not.png
91 KB, 1285x566
>>30519387
They're just passable, and for their low price, they're really unbeatable, there is nothing that retails for $150 new in a service caliber that isn't a potmetal death-trap.

Jimenez? Davis? Bryco? All unsafe dogshit that can't handle a box of ammo, the Hi-Point will eat +P and truck on.
>>
>>30519424
This. I shot an acquaintance's full size 9mm High Point once at a public range. Ugly, yup. But it fired off 11 rounds without a problem. Lifetime warranty. No other manufacturers offer that. Having said that, I wouldn't own one, but not a bad place to start if you couldn't afford any other sidearm.
>>
>>30519387
They're easy to shoot, accurate and cheap.

They're also low capacity, have shitty magazines, and are a pain to disassemble.

I think their carbines are fine, since they're obviously for plinking and nothing else is competing with them in that price range, but for handguns in that price range, I'd go for a Zastava M88
>>
>>30519387
Don't sweat the cost of a gun too much, you're going to spend way more or ammo anyways.

Save up and get something less shit on the used market.
>>
>>30519387
Taurus g2 milleniums are nice, and about 100 dollaridoos more.

That said, hipoints make fantastic barn/truck/boat/camping (with friends over a week, not hardcore innawoods) guns. God tier warranty, durable as can be, and eat whatever you feed them.

If you are looking for a beater gun, this is a solid choice. If you need a gun NOW, this is a solid choice. If you want a first gun and are willing to save... i would wait a bit. Go millenium g2, or shield, or used glock.

In general, decide if you want to CC. Unless you are a wookiee, you arent concealing a hipoint. But if you just want plink/HD, their carbines are great for both.
>>
>>30519428
>You probably don't need a gun right away, so it is a better idea to save up for a decent surplus pistol like a makarov,

What >>30519721 said.

For the cost of a Makarov(It's not 1999 anymore, these things aren't cheap), you could get a good pump shotgun, any one of many turkish semi-automatics, A SD9/40, a ruger E9, or any one of high capacity, standard ammunnition using handguns.

Makarovs are not the cheap go to gun anymore. They're expensive and not worth it based purely on what they offer.
>>
>>30521191
Fair enough, I haven't actually looked up Maks in quite some time, but they're fine choices if you find one cheap.

But the point of my post was to tell OP that he can save his money. nobody except a man who's, likely knowingly, done something wrong needs a gun TODAY with what he's got in his pocket. He can save up another 150-300 for a nicer, more versatile gun, and another 100-200 for ammo. I don't make shit and I know I can save from 150$ to 550$ within a few weeks, and I only make 8.50 an hour.
>>
If Maks are getting too pricey I'd say maybe the P-64 could be considered as a cheap alternative. Looking at Gunbroker, I could use "buy now" to get one for 265 shipped. I used to be able to say CZ-82, but seems they have dried up it. Ugly gun, but being double stack was cool.
>>
>>30521945
Don't they have triggers made out of rape?
>>
>>30519387
The dumb thing is that I've got two. My second is the cheapest gun I've ever bought (70$) and it currently works better and out-shoots my most expensive handgun (roughly 750 in trade value), but we'll see if warranty assistance from the dealer I bought that thing from levels the score a bit.

It doesn't look nice, it doesn't feel nice, it certainly isn't a pleasure to shoot but it can and does shoot.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.