[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are local gun stores so ridiculous? I don't know if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: gunstore1.jpg (72 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
gunstore1.jpg
72 KB, 600x450
Why are local gun stores so ridiculous? I don't know if it's just my area but it's like they don't want to sell guns they act like you know everything and their blowhards. Does anyone have this similar experience?
>>
File: sage stock 8yfBOTb.jpg (3 MB, 3260x1468) Image search: [Google]
sage stock 8yfBOTb.jpg
3 MB, 3260x1468
>>30512681
Not really. Only thing I hate about my local stores is the prices are higher than what I can find online. Not normally by much, but by enough to moan about it.
>>
>>30512732
That is one beautiful weapon.
>>
>>30512742
And retardedly expensive for what it is.

Yet I want one.
>>
File: IMG_0253.jpg (120 KB, 1023x430) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0253.jpg
120 KB, 1023x430
>>30512759
I'd say its worth it though.
>>
>>30512681

They are simply a reflection of the gun community itself, anon.
>>
You would not believe the amount of shit that a lgs has to put with on a daily basis

They literally get hundreds of niggers and fudds that come in and ask dumb questions and have poor and unsafe firearm discipline.

Tons of people just come in and finger fuck everything in the case and then never buy anything and never come back.

You'd get tired of this shit too.
>>
>>30512840
Tactical is too tactical muh rights
>>
>>30512903
What separates the avg /k/ommando from the fudds?
>>
If you are young they probably assume you are a waste of time
>>
>>30512978
dick size
>>
>>30512978
A tiny bit more knowledge
>>
File: tumblr_ldpt3d7e2R1qaba38o1_1280.jpg (196 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ldpt3d7e2R1qaba38o1_1280.jpg
196 KB, 640x480
califag here. i go to different stores for different things. the biggest one around me i go to for small parts and accessories because they usually have it. also to my PPT there because the guys there try and do it quick. the customers here are usually new shooters so the guys working probably have to answer the same shit every day.

a smaller shop i go to has guys that are more relaxed and take their time. i go to this shop when i want a good opinion on a next purchase or when i have some questions about certain things. customer base here are older guys who usually need some work done on something or returning customers wanting to make special orders.

i had to go to 6-7 shops around me before i found the right ones. yeah some shops had some real retards lol.
>>
>>30513000
>>30513049
Hm I see now. I popped into a lgs awhile back and the dopey kids behind the counter fit the stereotypes I had had in mind, but they were helpful asking if I needed anything. I had no fucking clue what I was looking for at the time so I browsed around for a moment and left. After doing some lurking and reading on the webs I want a remington pump action but I am still nervous/anxious to go back to the lgs and finger it a bit
>>
Full blown retards/autists?
>no
Idiots and assholes in their own respect?
>ab-so-FUCKING-lutely

Have 3 stores I go to, each for a specific purpose:
1) Gander for the here and there. The occasional box of ammo on sale or if I need something serviced that I can't do because I'm a dumbass (they smith on site).
2) LGS. Pretty much exclusively for ammo sales. Will finger the occasional overpriced firearm or look at some accessories. Never ask any of their opinions on what I should buy, as they always give the fuddest of fudd answers.
3) Shop at the range. Almost never buy ammo there. Only targets and maybe some gun oil if I'm out and remember before I leave. Their food is great, somehow.
>>
>>30512978

/k/ommados don't own guns
>>
>>30512856
ill go with this. working with the public makes you bitter. you end up dealing with every type of person out there.
whats funny is you can go into a new store and get great service and over the years see their quality go downhill
>>
>>30513281
>Their food is great, somehow

You're range serves food? That must be pretty fucking nice, assuming it's not horribly overpriced.

>>30512681
I have 2 gunstores near me. One is an absolute pile of garbage. All their shit is overpriced and the customer service is fucking shit. The owner and all his employees have their heads so far up their asses I'm sure they can smell their colons.

The other one is relatively new and is really fucking nice. An old timer and a couple of vets run the place. Never had any problems and the guys are always willing to help you out or just shoot the shit. Only downside is that they're guns are way overpriced. Transfer fees are low and ammo is about average.
>>
>>30513483

It's actually a sweet setup. They have a lounge with tvs and a fireplace that has a nice cafe with all homemade food. Their prices are on point for what you get (like 8-10$ for a sandwich).

>now if only the range would de-Jew their prices on ammo and range time, it would be a 10/10 spot
>in all fairness, it's probably due to incredibly high insurance due to high volume of nigs and fudd families that come to rent + shoot the class 3 shit
>>
>>30512681
maybe its just you.
>>
>>30513132
get a mossberg instead
>>
>>30513777
>>30512681

This, I'm a goofy looking dude, under 30, with long hair and a near permanent shit eating grin.

I've never had a problem with not being helped in any gunstore, because I am not an autist.
>>
File: 1411426567725.jpg (100 KB, 655x596) Image search: [Google]
1411426567725.jpg
100 KB, 655x596
Gun stores attract spergs.

I swear, one I went into, the guy was walking around (in milsurp camo, of course) rattling off some pre-practiced line of how he wishes he could buy everything, but that wouldn't be fiscally responsible and shit, like he just rolled out of a reddit thread), approaching all the other customers, offering his advice on calibers etc.

if it's not that, it's 600lb manwhales roaming about asking how much the steel ammo cans are and talking about muh gubmint and muh rights, acting like guns will save them from the heartattacks the government's secret ops are going to send their way when they're 40 years old.

The Chads and Chadettes that are gawking at the "Call of Duty- Style" guns are a breath of fresh air compared to those guys.
>>
>>30512978
girth
>>
File: webb.jpg (60 KB, 540x380) Image search: [Google]
webb.jpg
60 KB, 540x380
>>30512978
not being fat, if you're fat then you're in the minority. get your ass over to /fit/
>>
>>30513970
I was looking into mossberg 500/590 but then I saw/read a bunch of stuff that had me leaning more towards remington. are there any notable differences in quality between these two manufacturers or are you just mememing?
>>
>>30512681
>LGS
>Ordered a KAC carbine pin/weld
>he's typing in serial
>'It says here SBR.' And looks at me like I'm suddenly the scum of the earth
>'Oh it's pinned and welded.'
>he continues to scowl at me and look at me like I'm somehow cheating him
Everytime I come in he gives me the same treatment. Looks at me like I'm some dodgy criminal.

I'm 20 by the way.
>>
>>30512681
honestly local gun stores that aren't ranges just need to die out already. the only reason they're still around is fudds who don't know how to shop for good prices, especially when they're ran by fudds to get fudd business.

you can't really beat the selection, price, and service of online stores.
>>
Hear on here about how kimber is shit all the time. Go to 5 lgs's all have kimber 1911's in stock ask them how kimbers are get the typical "oh they're great guns". Why doesn't anyone have Dan Wesson in stock.?
>>
>>30512681
>Why are local gun stores so ridiculous? I don't know if it's just my area but it's like they don't want to sell guns they act
The workers at LGS's are fine tuned to sperg lords nogunz like yourself anon. They are just worn out wasting time on idiot kids who never spend a fucking dime. I don't blame them. I spend good money at my LGS and they treat me like a fuckinmg king.

Maybe buy some shit and see if they warm up to you...why should they constantly be nice when you walk in, waste their time and leave with out buying anything.

ITT..poorfags who want to be treated the same as customers who spend money in stores. LMFAO.
>>
>>30512732
Beautiful militia rifle my friend
>>
>>30512681
I've not really encountered a gun store like that before.
>>
my two LGS love me.

I come in, make my purchase, or pick up a transfer. I'll make a little small talk while the order or transfer is being processed. Then I say Thank You and leave.

A few times I'm not there to hand them money. I just tell them i'm just there for a peek and I keep my mouth shut and in and out in a minute.
>>
>>30517777
I do this too and they're still dicks to me
>>
>>30512681
I kinda don't like talking to people at the LGS aside from questions regarding how to clean shit and stuff, because most of the time, LGS tries to sell you shit that you know are crap. In fact, my first rifle was totally shit and the guy selling it to me didn't even tell me it was shit.
>>
>>30512681
I have only encountered that once. And it was by just one employee from an LGS I go to that knows me since I order quite a bit of stuff from them.
>>
>>30513102
I normally just buy from one store, and then buy ammo and mags everywhere else. Haven't seen much of that, OP.
>>
>>30514074
>weaponized LDL
hnnnnggggg
>>
>>30513766
Something something range... something something showers... something something penis inspection day.
>>
>>30518182
You forgot the no-singles policy
>>
My lgs in Mississippi is a college age guy running a nicely lit and clean shop. Not much for accessory selection, but always has great deals on handguns.
Very willing to order anything you want, and can usually get them below any price you can find online. If he can't order it, he will charge a $25 transfer fee, but that's still $10 less than anywhere else in town. His customer service is worth much more than the few dollars I might be able to save if I really shopped around for better deals.

He never really comes off as anything but a decent guy. Heard him talking shit about California's gun laws once. I'm from that shithole, and while I know he was somewhat wrong on certain points about their laws, he wasn't so wrong that he needed to be corrected. Fuck that state.
>>
>>30518593
Store name? Also MS resident, we have a few in my town, but I only ever go for ammo. Poorfag and can't afford more funz right now.
>>
>>30512903

I worked at a range as an instructor/salesperson at the shop and can attest to the silly stuff that happened but it didn't get to us, we were all very nice, understanding, helpful and generally laid back dudes there. It was reflected I n our reviews as well because unfortunately this is not the norm for a gun shop. Was pretty cool working in a shop/range like that though. And shows that with a good group of guys all the silly stuff doesn't turn you into a jaded dingle berry. Maybe it was because we were a young veterans and such and generally just had a good outlook on guns, shooting, gun culture, and the various characters that were regulars.

This was at Mass Firearms School (nearish Boston) if anyone cares to know, I havent been few years though.
>>
>>30518593
>>30518614
MS here too. Oxford has a couple decent ones. I got my tritium sights for my glock with installation for 75% of what I could find online at Mississippi Auto Arms in Oxford. I like that place. Idk if you guys are anywhere near there though.
>>
>>30512903

Welcome to retail. Why would you think that firearms retail would be any different? 105% of any retail job is putting up with morons and bullshit and moronic bullshit
>>
>>30513281
H & H?
>>
>>30518653
No shit really? The guys there are total bro tier
>>
>>30514138
I've seen our meet ups anon.
>>
>>30514339
Not supporting local business feg
>>
>>30514148
No noticeable difference. I've killed an insane amount of ducks and doves with each gun over the years. Can't go wrong with either. Pick whichever one feels best to you.
>>
I've never had an issue like this with gun shops, but then, I've worked retail when I was younger so I know how to not treat a sales person like shit.

You should know everything there is to know about the features on a gun you're looking at aside from how it feels in hand. If you're asking to finger fuck something you should be seriously considering buying it unless it just feels awful. You don't need to hold anything to check the price, and no they don't want to haggle. Businesses need to make their margins especially on low-margin items like firearms.
>>
>>30512681
I am very lucky that I have a great local gun store. The prices are competitive with the average on gunbroker, the staff is nice and ammunition prices are decent. I may pay an extra dollar or two for things like magazines but I'd rather have my money go to them than somebody else.

It's a miracle considering I live in IL.
>>
>>30520023
Buying online seems to be the way to go.
>>
>>30514788
Nearly every fucking gun store near me has as much Kimber as any other brand. Just recently Stopped at a store/range outside of KC that actually had quite a few Dan Wessons... on the off chance that you see this and are from that area, so probably not.
>>
>>30512681
Ive only got one story.
>be me, Goin to Cabbellas.
>See PTR 91 on Used gun rack.
>Been looking to buy one recently (and eventually did after months of saving up)
>Gun is okay, rear sight unscrewed, almost ready to fall off its so loose. Nice wooden furniture and all that.
>Check pricetag.
>mfw
>$2,000 fuggin dollars, iantevenjoking
>Proceed to have a giggle fit and likely get strange looks from other customers.
>Put rifle down, Buy from CDNN Sports months later for $800.

Slightly related to above.

>over a Year after last story, have me a PTR now.
>Find bargain bin of scrap holsters, mags & pouches
>Find Aluminum G3 magazine
>Mfw Over $20
>Have another giggle fit.
>>
File: Art Detail 1.jpg (1 MB, 2896x1944) Image search: [Google]
Art Detail 1.jpg
1 MB, 2896x1944
>>30518366
>nosingles
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.