[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LC9s vs M&P Shield?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: ruger-lc9s_9mm_strikerfire_2[1].jpg (259 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
ruger-lc9s_9mm_strikerfire_2[1].jpg
259 KB, 1000x750
LC9s vs M&P Shield?
>>
>>30512068
Shield
>>
>>30512078

why
>>
Shield.
>>
>>30512078
This
>>
>>30512068
LC9s, because its tiny and has great sights and a great trigger
>>
>>30512371
>>30512329
>>30512078
>>30512311

So for the L9s is winning because the one guy actually gave reasons.
>>
>>30512425
shield
because it's better
there, you happy?

but seriously, go shoot both, since a handgun choice is entirely subjective
sure, features matter, but not nearly as much as how good it feels in your hands and how good you are with it the first time you shoot it
>>
>>30512068
Lol op did u get the idea from my question in that thread, cuz I was just about to make this thread.

Guys give reasons why the shield or lc9s is better then The other.
>>
>>30512474

No I didn't see that. But yeah I'm down to these two as my go-to gun purchase.
>>
LC9S Pro hands down. Considerably smaller, leagues better trigger, still great grip, and all the pro's the Shield has. The only thing one might say is that the Shield is better if you have ogre hands.
>>
>>30512510
>Shield is better if you have ogre hands
my point in the latter part of
>>30512446
>>
>>30512068
Shield has cheaper magazines, available in 9/40 and soon to be 45, more holster options. For me I would go Shield. Ruger has a better warranty and makes some work horse guns. If this was a new production 686 vs gp100 thread I'd go Ruger but for your mentioned pistols gitta go with s&w
>>
File: unnamed-(3).jpg (442 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-(3).jpg
442 KB, 1280x960
>>30512446
this, I shot just about everything my LGS had that would be considered for carry and the Shield came out on top, with the full size M&P winning for a full sized handgun too. The ergos and feel of the M&P line makes it for me and they appear so far just as reliable as another other brand. The triggers are not the best, but they also aren't the worst. Installing the Apex trigger kit makes them the best, to me. Not only all that, but M&P's come in significantly cheaper than most of the competition while still delivering, I got my Shield for $300 and my M&P9 for $350 flat, both brand new(special sale at a PX). My only complaint is the "slide lock" does not function well as a release until you been shooting for quite a while, my Shield is still tight as fuck but I can use the lock as a release on my M&P9 now that it been worn.
>>
File: 1461625226687.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461625226687.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>30512907
>>30512926

Thanks
>>
Gonna be sex
>>
>>30512926
+1 on the slide lock
it's fine after a long time, but my shield is still tight as fuck
>>
>>30512990
Better or worse than the XDs?
>>
My Shield has been great and I think Ruger pistols a shit
>>
Never shot an LC9, but I love my shield. Well worth a look if youre in the market for a CCW.
>>
I own an lc9s pro and use it as a daily carry. It's worth it to bump up and get the pro if you don't like thumb safeties imo. I love it because it's easy to conceal. Got it because my buddy recommended it. He's a cop and it's what he carries off duty. It has a great trigger but a little too much recoil for some people.
>>
>>30512078
Indeed
>>
>>30512425
>gave reasons
Hey noguns, he gave entirely subjective reasons. You asked an A or B question.

But here's the best advice you can get. Shoot both, and buy the one you like.
>>
>>30513233
XDS is dope imo
>>
>>30513233
No idea, dont think they even have preorder yet. Was just announced a few months back
>>
>>30512068

Most of these people have not shot an LC9s.
They've shot an LC9, and are basing their opinions off of their experience with it.
If you have shot both the LC9s (or LC9s Pro) it's a stupid-easy choice. LC9s is the winner hands down. The trigger pull is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.
>>
Like the gun
>>
gee wiz
look what i found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0vwU2HVhNY
>>
>>30513587
B-b-but nobody trusts the internet senpai. Thats why OP comes to a Mongolian basket weaving forum
>>
I prefer the Shield over the LC9s for the grip, sights, slide, and trigger. The Pro might be a lot better than the old LC9. The biggest difference for me between any of the new Ruger's and the M&P's is the S&W controls are stiff as hell and it's a massive pain in the ass to use them left-handed. The M&P's also have better steel sights if you don't get the fiber optics. The grip is more secure than the Ruger's, which tends to be smooth around the top (needs tape) and that's not great in a sub-compact.
>>
File: kekimusmaximus.jpg (109 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
kekimusmaximus.jpg
109 KB, 596x628
>>30513617
hahaha
gold.
>>
the tear down on the LC9s is pretty disappointing.
I have seen / heard from people that have the m&p shield that its a bitch to feed a full mag into it. Gotta have retard strength to do it.
Idk though. Id probably just not buy either of those things.
>>
>>30513715

What do you CC?
>>
File: SW113-2.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
SW113-2.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>30513753
this here little motherfucker is what I cc
>>
>>30513715
>I have seen / heard from people that have the m&p shield that its a bitch to feed a full mag into it
It's not that difficult unless there's one in the chamber and you're trying to load in a flush mag. One good smack to the bottom of the magazine will do the trick though, and it's not enough to make your hand sting or anything.

I carry with a flush mag already inserted and two backup pinky extension mags so it's not an issue for me.
>>
>>30513845
yea there are apparently was around it. I just view that as its biggest fault. I might have over-exaggerated a bit too. Retards are pretty fuckin strong so you probably dont have to be on that level to get it in there either way.
Id say, of the 2, m&p shield is superior.
>>
>>30512068

If you get the lc9s, get the pro because it doesn't have the magazine disconnect safety. Whoever thought a magazine disconnect safety was a good idea for a carry gun is fucking retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 425x261) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 425x261
>>30513753
A j frame
>>
>>30512068
Price is the same, rent/handle both, research carry ammo performance out of short barrels, look at your preferred holster carry. Have fun
>>
>>30513482
That's what I tell people. Check them both out and buy the best one for you.
>>
>>30513845
the Rugers do this too. One of the culprits is their magazine extensions. Loading a full magazine with a round chambered has a lot of resistance unless it locks into place and if you slap it in it can dent the case. Not ideal if you unload a CC a lot.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.