[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
camping camo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 194x259
hi guys, so me and the lads are going on a camping trip and i feel uncomfortable wearing real military camo because of stolen valor and shit
so can you guys give me recommendations on good non military camo
>>
>>30511280
i thought stolen valor was just having pins and nametags and obviously pretending to be in or to have been in the mil
>>
>>30511280
Eh I wear my dads old woodland BDU's that have our last name, as long as it doesn't have rank stiched and shit you should be fine
>>
yeah, also if anyone asks you if you are in or were in the mil dont fuckin try to bullshit them and just say no.
easy.
>>
>>30511280
Real Tree makes great general purpose hunting camo. I have their rugged pants and light canvas jacket in fall patern for hunting quail later in the year.
>>
>>30511328
thank you ill check it out
>>
>>30511280
Since when is military camo stolen valor? Only times I would say its a no go is when its purely worn for fashion or you have some badges on the uniform.
>>
>>30511280
>strip nametags and other markings
Now you're fine.
>>
>>30511356
i agree but i don't want people thinking im in the military
>>
You have autism

Don't wear current issue stuff with full tags and pins and you're fine
>>
>>30511280
Just don't wear any real rank or insignia should be fine. That or wear a big obvious civvie panel or patch.
>>
>>30511376
Take the badges off don't have a military hair cut don't talk with military acronyms and any member of the military with half a brain will be able to tell.
>>
>>30511398
This. No one cares if you wear BDUs or even current uniforms, just sterilize them. Every Chad in the world owns at least one pair of woodland cargo shorts.
>>
Don't wear patches. UCPs are dying out anyway.

If someone asks just say no, you werent. Armyfags shouldn't get their panties in a twist because ACUs have bug repellent, so it'd make sense to use them for camping.
>>
>>30511611
Only UCP after a certain year was issues with repellant. I wore UCP in SERE school in 09 and got wrecked by chiggers.
>>
>>30511280
Army fag here.

No one cares what you wear homie, unless you start talking about your wondrous accomplishments.

We do, however, think you look like a tool and wonder why you would wear shitty camo when there is better stuff out there.
>>
>>30511670
that shits just a wash cycle with permethrin and it wears off after a couple of normal washes. Not difficult to apply again at all and its worth it when you need it or live in deer tick country
>>
>>30511686
This, OP.
Wear it all you want, just don't be trying to put official patches and shit on it. There is a difference between wearing it cuz you want and wearing it cuz you think it will help you lie about being the suck.
>>
get some surplus from a country you don't live in and/or without specific patches and you'll be fine.
Unless you wear military shit in public don't worry about stolen valor
>>
>>30511356
>>30511280

Why is /k/ full of a bunch of fucking cucks?

No one's ever said shit to me except some stupid fellow civilians which I ignore. If any "service" man tried to say something, I'd tell him where he could put his opinion.
>>
>>30511280
Either old woodland BDU pattern or real tree hunting camo
>>
>>30511841
Wow dude whoa
>>
>>30511841
Man I wish i could be big and tough like you.
>>
>>30511280
>camping
>not hunting
>wearing camo
Jesus why?
Aside from that, there's some comfy ass outdoor clothes out there, there's really no point in using mil-shit clothing.
>>
>>30511860
>>30511876

Be sarcastic if you want.

I just think it's stupid that the "Don't tread on me" crowd are so worried about what other people think that they are willing to change what they wear.
>>
Why wear camo while camping

Thats kinda gay bro

11B 4th ID 2IBCT 2-12 here
>>
>>30512195
I see people wear camo all the time while bird watching. They're usually like 50-80 year olds though so no one whines.

>>30511280
Ironically, the only time I've been hassled for "posing" was while wearing a surplus aussie non camo tan bag with a big ass non military Christian flag I used for missions. Of course, the guy was a known asshat who wore the most offensive tshirts he could get in XXXXL and would whip out his decade old military ID whenever someone pointed out he was being obnoxious. They're unavoidable no matter what you wear. YMMV.
>>
>>30511280
Just wear the pants. Have a neutral colored shirt and some kind of woodland as the rest. No one gives a shit if you are in full woodland.
>>
>>30511306
Who gives a fuck if there is a rank?
It's clothes. That all. As long as OP doesn't tactically around and claim to be in the mil then who cares? Even if he does claim to be in the mil who cares? If anything it'll make him look stupid if he claims such and is called on it. If he doesn't claim it no one will care.
>>
>>30511897
Not op not sure what he has but mil stuff is both cheap and pretty strong even if it is heavy. So it makes for decent /out/ clothing even though there is better.
>>
>>30511398
This. Who gives a shit if you're out hunting wearing woodland bud or something? fuck those cunts.
>>
>>30511398
I literally wear every piece of milsurp valor I can find. Medal of Honor show up in the local estate sale? Mine. Right on the lapel.
Purple heart? Twelve of them lined up like I'm Zelda himself.

The only piece of stolen valor I don't wear is blood-stained panties from your mom.
>>
>>30511280
Who cars? I wear my gorka camping, barely anyone in the US has seen digi flora. No one is going to ask you shit. Why are you camping near people anyways?
>>
>>30512195
People can do what the fuck they want faggot

11B 4th ID 3HBCT 1-68 here
>>
>>30513916

You guys are gay.

11B 10th MTN 3IBCT 2-4
>>
>>30517137
No you

11Q 8th FGT 3HIV 1-69
>>
I've seen marines being salty about people wearing marpat cammies with anchors and their excuse is "YOU DUDN'T EARN THESE ANCHORS FAAAAAAGGOT"

Good thing i live in a country where conscription is a thing and i can wear whatever uniform i was issued without being called out by some idiot.
>>
>>30511841
Internet tough guy here folks.
>>
File: 1465260349734.jpg (159 KB, 970x540) Image search: [Google]
1465260349734.jpg
159 KB, 970x540
Get camouflage that belongs in the environment
>>
>>30512195
>>30513916
>>30517137
>>30519090
I want to play too!

1C451 5TH ASOS here
>>
>>30519669

But if you're operating inna rock quarry.....
>>
>>30520194
What the fuck runes are those
>>
>>30511280
Are you going camping or hunting?

What do you need the camoflage for?
>>
>>30519090
Fucking lol
>>
>>30511304
pretty much this.... wearing camo innawoods is kosher... just don't wear a full uniform out in public
>>
>>30511280
>i feel uncomfortable wearing real military camo because of stolen valor and shit

That is dumb.

You are dumb.
>>
File: CEN_RoadLamp_02-471675.jpg (109 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
CEN_RoadLamp_02-471675.jpg
109 KB, 728x409
>>30511280
Rafterman, is that you?
>>
Gotta rock that politically incorrect NAZIPAT.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.