[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weapon-related things that absolutely baffle you beyond belief
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: Rage2.png (140 KB, 403x332) Image search: [Google]
Rage2.png
140 KB, 403x332
Confess your confusions /k/.
>>
From a machine dynamics standpoint, I have no clue how barrel linkdown works, repeatedly and reliably, in a 1911. Like, the kinematic relationships between slide/bushing, barrel, link, and frame.
>>
>>30506342
>carrying surplus with 20 lb triggers for ccw
>recommending it as accurate and "reliable"

There's even better surplus out their with better triggers than your meme guns kids.
>>
>>30506420
This...and to add to it anyone carrying .25acp or .32acp as a personal defense round
>>
Suppressor s are quite baffling.
>>
>>30506864
kek
>>
Why hasn't S&W made any X-frame guns in normal calibers like .44 Magnum or .22LR? It's like they hate money or something.
>>
>>30506342
wtf is a carbine
>>
>>30506487
You know .32 acp fmj wreck shop in the human body under 40 ft right?
Also you dump a of .32 acp into a feller and hes extremely unhappy or unalive
>>
>>30506933
I wish I'd saved that image detailing the breakdown between calibers used in self defense shootings and one-shot stops. .32 was high on both lists and it really surprised me.
>>
File: RTRAOTR-1024x717.jpg (200 KB, 1024x717) Image search: [Google]
RTRAOTR-1024x717.jpg
200 KB, 1024x717
Why does the firearms business have to be so shit?

Where I live, all gunstore clerks are annoying teenaged know-it-all shits and all the customers are mouthbreathing fudds who hoard .22 like inbred dragons.

There are three gun stores near me - one plays Bill O'Reilly over the store speakers and the employees lie to you about the return policy to get you to buy expensive guns. Another consists of a single dead-silent room, with a fat guy behind the counter who wordlessly stares at you until you leave. The last one allows you to put guns on consignment (for a fee), and gives you less than half of the price tag if they sell.

Sometimes I dream about a world where Amazon sells guns, and you can get two-day shipping on rifles without having to interact with anybody except the mailman.
>>
>people who ask to go shooting with you but won't buy any ammo
>people who think that racking the bolt with the left hand to "keep your aim" is somehow acceptable
>people who dont check the chamber after unloading a magazine
>keeping 1000+ rounds of ammo for SHTF, but no water, food, medicine, supplies, or even a method to purify water
>people who buy weapons older than 70+ years old for anything other than collecting them
>people who think LEO's really do try their best
>>
>>30506342
>gun makers create awesome pistol/rifle
>produce it for only a year or in low numbers
>extremely high demand and people willing to pay high
>gun maker scraps high demand line
>>
Why do guns cost so much? Ehy fo AR parts like a bugger tube or a lower cost so much? Why aren't 1911's free? Why can't everyone own a gun?
>>
>>30507104
I don't want to be a dick but can you give an example or three? I can't think of a single gun that fits this criteria
>>
>>30507124
Not him but I can think of shit in the knife industry like that
>>
>>30507017

I live in the middle of fucking no where in Kentucky...

The closest "nice" place to buy a gun is Knob Creek Gun Range.... but everything there is fucking expensive as shit since its Knob Creek and they know they can charge wtf ever they want people will buy it.... The people there are pretty nice / work well with you but a few of the range officers are the biggest bunch of dick bags ever.

The other gun places we have are little no name shops / pawn shops...
>>
>>30507107
>Why do guns cost so much?

I once felt the same way you did, then I realized my 70 year old Mosin will continue to outlive my fucking car, house, skeleton and offspring if she is cared for with only rudimentary standards.

Guns are ridiculously long-living machines. That's why. Barring catastrophic failure, seizure or outright negligence, that fucking WASR, AR, 1911 or Glock will chug along for a fucking century after you've died and passed it on.
>>
>>30507124
HK
Colt Python
>>
>>30507140
Fuck me, the knife industry does this shit ALL THE TIME.

>popular knife
>"special edition" that comes in different color handle
>literally the only difference
>charges out the ass for it
>discontinues "special edition" line
>astronomical prices on second hand market

What if I just wanted a different color? Sheesh.
>>
>>30507147
>I once felt the same way you did, then I realized my 70 year old Mosin will continue to outlive my fucking car, house, skeleton and offspring if she is cared for with only rudimentary standards.

Right, but most people only own one car. Most gun owners, on the other hand, will continuously buy firearms.
>>
>>30507147
>Mosin will continue to outlive my fucking car, house, skeleton and offspring if she is cared for with only rudimentary standards.
>Mosin
>rudimentary standards
Hell even less than that
>>
>>30507197

Also that. I started with just that one Mosin, thinking "I don't think I will buy many"

Now I'm building my 5th gun.
>>
>>30507107
>Why do AR parts like a buffer tube cost so much
What the hell happened?
>>
>>30507147
Don't forget guns are taxed extra. Pitman-Robertson, or whatever it's called, tax is 11%, and that's on top of your local sales tax too.
>>
File: butwhy.jpg (45 KB, 460x480) Image search: [Google]
butwhy.jpg
45 KB, 460x480
>why do most AR variants have the charging handle in the back?
>why do most AR variants still use a buffer tube?

Like a SCAR for example, which reminds me of another question...

>Why doesn´t the SCAR have a non-reciprocating charging handle?
>>
>>30506342
if revolvers are pretty much the simplest repeating firearm there is, and semi-auto pistols contain far more moving parts, why are cheap revolvers more expensive than cheap semi-auto pistols?
>>
>>30507017

Nice "gun safety" in that pic. Always smart to be downrange of two "unloaded" guns. What a dipshit.
>>
>>30507325
Want to move the bolt back? Pull the handle. Want to move it forward? Push the handle.

>>30507350
Blowback semi-autos are simple af.
>>
>>30507102
>>keeping 1000+ rounds of ammo for SHTF, but no water, food, medicine, supplies, or even a method to purify water

Guns and 1000+ rounds and you will be able to "get" all that other shit once the SHTF.

Just like a .22 could get you a .223 once the SHTF. All you gotta do is get the drop on the other guy(s).
>>
>>30507419
I disagree. If S ever HTF, those resources will either be gone and used, or you're going to actually have to use that ammunition, which, I'd prefer not to use it having to gather material I should already have. The idea is to avoid killing people unless you HAVE to, not relying on "well I'll just shoot whoever I want to get what I need" even though that's perfectly OK in a SHTF situation, it's best to just prepare.
>>
File: 357isbest - Copy.jpg (42 KB, 486x712) Image search: [Google]
357isbest - Copy.jpg
42 KB, 486x712
I have the opportunity to buy a Beretta 92FS from a friend for $300.

I've fingerfucked the gun, it's in good condition. After getting used to sloppy worn bangkok hooker loose M9s it feels weird to finger fuck a new Beretta. Buddy bought it new and has put about 500 rounds through it.

Comes with two mags and a Safariland holster.

I don't really need it, I already own multiple funs including a P229.

Is $300 good price?

This is Colorado so we'll have to do the deal through a FFL which will be like $25.
>>
>>30507455
Hell yeah! I love my 92FS, and $300 is a fucking STEAL if it's in good condition.

Just remember to check the bore and the crown, I feel like most 92s that are on the market are on the market because shitheads didn't take care of their guns.

I looked at probably five or six before I found one in decent enough condition. Always remember to check other shit too, for some reason my friend's 92 has a magazine seating issue because he beats the hell out of his weapons.
>>
>>30507473

>>30507455 here

How do I check bore and crown? And does it really matter? The M9s we had in the military were absolutely beat to shit with many rounds through them and handled by many people per year for qual purposes, yet still ran great.
>>
>>30506342

Why don't they just make more ammo?

What other market exists where the product is manufactured and based on not exactly rare raw materials and the supply-demand curve has been lagging for fucking years.

"Oh its the hoarders" and "Oh the gun control proposals" does literally nothing to excuse a lack of supply in the long run.
>>
>>30507533

A friend of mine used to work at Remington, including after Sandy Hook.

They run three shifts and buy all the supplies they can during panics. Basically, at this point the limiting factor is the actual expensive physical capital. It'd be a many, many millions of dollars investment to increase the rate at which they can produce ammo.
>>
>>30507419
All this edge.
>What are earthquakes
>What are hurricanes
>What are wildfires
Better start murdering people for a kit kat bar because your fat ass couldn't think to store some food and water
>>
>>30506917
Short rifle
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 693x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 693x448
>>30507350
>revolvers
>simple

Lolno
>>
>>30507396
How the fuck will two guns on a tabletop cause any harm to that man? Fucking shit, safety spergs are the fucking worst sometimes.
>>
>being accurate with a pistol is hard
I mean, why? It should be the easiest thing ever and when you reduce it down to the movement, you're literally just moving one finger a tiny bit. Everyone should be able to put 15 rounds through 1 hole at 15 yards but it's hard.
>>
>>30506917
Better yet, why is it said 'carbeen' and not 'carbyne'. I grew up thinking it was the later and now it's annoying to watch videos of people talking about carbeens.
>>
>>30507017
>Sometimes I dream about a world where Amazon sells guns, and you can get two-day shipping on rifles without having to interact with anybody except the mailman.
I mean, that's how 90% of my AR was purchased, until of course I had to walk into the motherfucking LGS to get a lower and it was hell on earth again.
>>
>>30507419
Personal water filters are like $15 and good for hundreds of gallons. You're dumb as fuck if you don't own at least one by now.
>>
The fact that literally everybody I have ever met but maybe one guy calls magazines, clips. Even when you buy a new mag it says "magazine" on the package, but everybody still says clips.

Bothers me almost as much as when people say VIN number, PIN number, ATM machine, etc.
>>
>>30506420
Some of us aren't pussies who need 2lb trigger pulls so we don't break a nail trying out our boutique pistol at the range.

Besides, the surplus guns work. The best gun is always the one you're comfortable with and it just might be a piece of surplus.

>>30506487
.25acp and .32 has been killing folks for a long time. It'll keep doing the job just fine.
>>
>>30506342
Why Firearms tactics change so frequently and why it rarely seems based on scientific evidence.

Example being home defense shotguns.
>racking a shotgun will scare off intruders!
>racking a shotgun will draw the intruders to you!
>15 man home invasions are common, shotguns don't have enough capacity!

No proof of any of these.
>>
>>30509056
Literally mall ninjas
>>
>>30508951
Jesus christ, this
>>
>>30506342
>explain your confusion
This thread>>30507812
>>
>>30506342
Protecting the AR market with importation bans and the NFA was a fucking mistake that will most likely never repealed
>>
This are more /k/ centered things than simply weapons related.

Are nuggets and SKS's actually good and worth getting for anything beyond /k/ culture and range toys? I see so much back and forth, and either side just saying the argument they use is just because of their opinions on AR vs Slav gear. So what is the objective truth?
>>
>>30509308
That they're just fine, and if you want one get one.

Besides, WWII bolt actions aren't too much different from one another.
>>
>>30508951
>>30509221
French loanword keeps original spelling and pronunciation

if you weren't uneducated slackjaws, you'd know this
>>
>>30509329
Now here's a personal question. How do you pronounce GIF?
>>
>>30509352
Jiff like the peanut butter as the creator of the format intended
>>
>>30509362
Alright. Thanks for the insight.
>>
>>30509308
Mosin's are less accurate than contemporary bolt actions but otherwise the same
SKSs are cool because they're cheap semi-autos
>>
>>30509056
that's not really tactics than fudd lore.

It's common sense that your weapon should be ready when it needs to be and that shotguns have lower capacity. The rest is dependant on what your opinion of what is important. Technically .22 and .32 have some of the highest kill counts of any caliber but no one would use that for self defense if they had other options.
>>
File: abomintaion.png (4 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
abomintaion.png
4 MB, 1600x1200
>>30506342
>Go to gunstore
>literally only thing they have is ar-15's, glocks, and xdm's
>sure the occasional shit-tier ak, or fudd gun, or 300 dollar mosin, or revolver/1911 that never ever sells

I wish it was the 80's and we had colt ar's, chink and maadi ak's,svd's (technical name is the tiger carbine),tec-9's (yes I know they are shit but hey, variety) M14's,cobray M10/M11 etc. I don't know why you even run a gun store if you have no interest in guns and just see the same shit, feel the same shit, and shoot the same shit everyday.
>>
>>30509320
>>30509373
>Mosin's are less accurate than contemporary bolt actions but otherwise the same
That was another thing I was curious on but just settled it on "its fine". For the longest time I kept seeing complaints on the rifles being horribly inaccurate, which I either chalked up to the anon just not knowing what to look for in a good mosin like bore quality, exaggerating how much less accurate compared to whatever the set baseline accuracy they were using was, or might just be shit shots in general. The vagueness of it all confused me for so long.

Thanks though.
>>
>>30506342

living in commiefornia.

so ready to kill myself.
>>
>>30509397
it depends on what you determine as 'fine' A mosin with surplus steel will probably hit maybe 5 MOA all day long, the problem is that that's shit comparative to modern guns or even other guns of the Era. Better quality ammo or handloads will tighten the group up significantly but that detracts from the cheapness that a lot of people get into mosins for.
>>
>>30509422
Alright. Thanks.
>>
>>30509396
Nobody wants that old crappy bullshit
The guy is stocking what moves
>>
>>30506342
I don't understand people that are against 'proper' gun laws such as background checks and mental health checks.
What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
File: 1418166873818.gif (198 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1418166873818.gif
198 KB, 500x500
>>30509439
Wow, you really consider good guns crappy bullshit? And you also consider that having a variety of guns is crappy bull shit? That's sad, suck to be a mall ninja that can't appreciate real guns. By the way, rarely does this stuff sell or move to the simple reason that everybody is bored of it, at least in my area.
>>
Will probably seem like a dip for this one. Fuck it.

Why are there the restrictions that there are on suppressors and other NFA items(SBR/AOW)?
>>
File: 1467455156486.jpg (15 KB, 210x200) Image search: [Google]
1467455156486.jpg
15 KB, 210x200
>>30507017
>hoard .22 like inbred draogons
>top kek
>>
>>30507143
KY bro reporting in

How far are you from Lancaster? There's supposed to be a great little rifle range there but I haven't gone yet. I may go today actually...
>>
>>30507419

Literally murder. What you are advocating is murder.

The odds of a disaster scenario that would require you to survive for a period of time separated from a power grid or without running water are not terrible. A hurricane, wildfire, earthquake, tornado, even large scale rioting and looting, fuck even a full blown civil war.

But the odds of something happening that would make the world into such a place that straight up murdering people is OK are astronomically low. Even a full blown nuclear exchange wouldn't end humanity and the remaining population groups would form into governments and conduct at worst martial law. Your bandit ass (and that's what you would be, by definition) would be hunted down and hanged from a tree.

You goddamn retard.
>>
>>30509450
You just admitted yourself you'd rather see a tec9 for the sake of variety. the majority of guns now are the occasional fudd bolter that doesn't even fucking come with iron sights or some black plastic.

what would you have the man do, go into the red so your autism can be assuaged?
>>
>>30509439
You really don't know anything about guns do you? Do you even own a firearm? Have you even shot a firearm?
>>
File: 1418208158975.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1418208158975.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>30509484
Did you not read the OP faggot? This is my opinion. Also no, I'm just saying that it becomes annoying to just see the same shit to every gun shop I go to, also yes, if there is one shitty gun I really wouldn't mind seeing it for the sake of just seeing something that ins't a GLOCK BRAND GLOCK. If you are into firearms just as a profession and not really as a hobby or passion, fine, but this is jut my opinion you autism lord.
>>
>>30509481
Different anon. I've pondered this for a while.

In a shtf situation, be it natural disaster, rebellious uprising of people in any range between riot and civil war, or genuine nuclear holocaust and apocalypse, what is the protocol for dealing with your gear and other people, or survivors? Between three choices should you hoard what you amassed in prep and go it solo, share with whatever small force you might come across to make a capable group, or establish some kind of relation and trade for resources and material for what you want and need?
>>
>>30507124
The medusa
>>
File: 0VfTYOL.jpg (117 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
0VfTYOL.jpg
117 KB, 500x333
>>30509453
>suppressors
poaching
>SBS/SBR/AOW
The original version of the NFA included handguns as title 2 firearms; the restrictions on short-barreled shoulder guns were to prevent people from circumventing the law by sticking a stock on their handgun to make it a """rifle""". I'm sure you can see the irony in this.
>>
>>30509284
>Protecting the AR market with [...]the NFA
what
>>
>>30507325
>Why doesn´t the SCAR have a non-reciprocating charging handle?
Because USSOCOM wanted a reciprocating one.
>>
File: atf.jpg (32 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
atf.jpg
32 KB, 236x354
>>30509572
>The original version of the NFA included handguns as title 2 firearms; the restrictions on short-barreled shoulder guns were to prevent people from circumventing the law by sticking a stock on their handgun to make it a """rifle""". I'm sure you can see the irony in this.

Yeah. Pic related has always bugged the fuck out of me.

As for
>poaching

Is this much of a real problem here in the US? Like, what game is poached and for what purposes? I'm unsure of what types of game beyond some bigger game like Bison for meats and horns or Bear for their organs (still don't quite understand why there's market for that) that might take bigger loads than what a suppressor would do much for anyways.
>>
>>30506342
why hasn't there been an attempt to manufacture a chain driven small arm yet?
>>
>>30509629
Whitetail is always a highly poached animal
>>
>>30509654
I wouldn't think poaching on those would even be considered much of a problem. From what I recall their population and re-population is so strong that they're a danger of damaging to environments and removing other species from the eco-systems. At least here in MI that's how they're regarded.
>>
>>30509362
creator doesn't know shit. gif. like it's spelled.
>>
>>30507533
Adding production lines costs an absolutely ass-shattering amount of money, all of which is lost the next time people stop being retards and buy normally.

Waiting for people to stop being retards meanwhile costs nothing.
>>
>>30509362
The creators a fuckwit, .gif stands for Graphics Interchange Format, so surely its gif like how it's spelt
>>
>>30507419
>Risk your life taking on groups of 4-6 people to get a few days worth of water because that's all you can carry back
>Instead of just having hundreds of gallons in your basement

Even if you're a sociopaths edge-lord and legitimately enjoy killing, that's the stupidest way to do things.
>>
>>30509527
If you're an anti-social autist (like you are, since you're posting here) you need to hide from other groups. Attacking or contacting them will eventually lead them to realize that everything you own costs exactly one bullet.

If you must, lie and pretend to represent a larger group.
>>
>>30509774
Just like you pronounce "jpg" as "jay-feg" because the "p" is for "photographic," right?
>>
>>30509809
Now what if for the sake of science we run the hypothetical that I am not an anti-social autist and am capable of actual human interaction. What is the modus operandi then?
>>
>>30509596
By creating importation bans, you effectively removed competition against ARs and American firearm companies (Leaving between intercompetition of ARs and local firearms). There's a reason why there aren't many importation of foreign rifles and international competition for the US civillian market.
>>
>>30509629
A guy I went to high school went to prison for poaching. Hunting alligators without a tag, killing deer out of season, etc. He was running a business supplying wild game. Poaching is just killing hunting outside of hunting regulations. I know plenty of people who hunted out of season, at night, exceeded quota etc.

NFA was enacted at the same time that stricter hunting regulations were being enforced. I assume that's why suppressors got classified more as a way to circumvent hunting regs vs as a safety device.

While we're talking about hunting regs; those exist to make it artificially harder to be an effective hunter. The trade off is that we don't hunt animals to extinction. Poaching, or hunting illegally, it way easier and less time consuming. When people say SHTF they'll run in the woods and hunt its horseshit. With no regs and the amount of people/guns we have; everything will be hunted to extinction. People will bait, kill over quota, etc until there is nothing left. Who wouldn't really. But the point is, that hunting/fishing/etc won't last very long.
>>
>>30509893
Join or form a group of other people who are not autistic. Then you can attempt to trade with or absorb other groups.
>>
>>30509935
I think what was confusing him was the idea that the National Firearms Act of 1934 was enacted to protect sales of a firearm that wasn't invented until over 20 years later.
>>
If you are the owner of a preban full auto AR and the auto sear magically breaks, can you fix it or get a replacement part?
>>
>>30509974
So in a post shtf world where society is left pretty fucked but the earth is still overall survivable is farming a viable means of survival, or is any shtf of that level pretty much just a ticking clock for everyone?
>>
File: DIAS.gif (12 KB, 292x312) Image search: [Google]
DIAS.gif
12 KB, 292x312
>>30509999
Nice dubs, also no, but then again nobody is going to ask you if you have rebuilt it, if say you have an auto sear and it breaks, you can just throw away the old one and rebuild one and don't tell anybody that it's different, I'm fairly certain this is practiced quite alot but not spoken about.
>>
>>30509999
Not legally, but it's not like anybody would ever know if you made a new one with the same serial number.
>>
>>30510013
If the current system breaks down, billions of people will die, guaranteed. How and in what specific way everything got fucked up would determine how low the carrying capacity would go.
>>
>>30507396
>Nice "gun safety" in that pic. Always smart to be downrange of two "unloaded" guns. What a dipshit.
Oh your one of those people.
>>
>>30510050
True
>>
>>30509974
Ia a place like Alaska and northern canada you'd have a hard time hunting and fishing everything to extinction if you tried. The main problem is the if you don't have the skills to survive you'd die pretty fast once winter hits an stays.
>>
File: lpk1.jpg (89 KB, 1024x735) Image search: [Google]
lpk1.jpg
89 KB, 1024x735
>>30510026
>>30510028

How many types of different auto Sears exist? The one in your pic looks different from the one in pic related.
>>
>>30509892
I pronounce ".jpg" as ".jay-pee-gee" because why not?
>>
>>30510152
The one in the pic is a "drop-in" auto sear for lowers without a third hole.
>>
>>30510239
>in-ay-ess-ay
>see-dee-arr-oh-im
>eff-ay-el
>>
File: 20.jpg (237 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
237 KB, 1280x720
Why does every company make 16" ar-15s with carbine gas and few make 20" models with rifle gas
>>
>>30510248
Wait, do people actually treat FAL as an acronym?
>>
>>30510301
it is an acronym so yeah.
Fusil
Automatique
Léger
>>
>>30510301
>>30510312

What you two wanted was "initialism".
>>
>>30510283
Because nobody buys 20" ARs because they're afraid everyone at the range will laugh at them because their ARs are shorter (and, therefore, cooler) than yours. Also, government-profile 20-inch barrels are heavy and have most of their weight out at the muzzle where it hurts handling the most.
A light 20" barrel like Faxon's gunner profile is actually quite nice, but most people, rightly or wrongly, want an M4 and a 16"er is the closest they can get to that without worrying about the NFA, so that's what they buy and that's what companies manufacture accordingly.
>>
>>30510312
I always treated it as an initialism though. I didn't know you were supposed to actually pronounce it like a deaf person saying "fell".

>>30510317
Acronym was the right word for what I was talking about..
>>
>>30509484
Actually, one of the highlights of autism is a dislike of change.

If he was autistic, he wouldn't want things to be different, you fucking moron.
>>
>>30507533
Depends on what the limiting factor is.

Everything operates in a just in time economy now. If the limiting factor is inputs then the only option is to find new or additional suppliers. It's not cheap and its a pain in the ass.

If the production machinery is already at full capacity now you're looking at a huge investment that could takes years to recoup. Another huge pia.

And then there's the legal side. What if they enact ammo purchase restrictions? Storage restrictions? Ban "military calibers"? What if import rules change?

Reloading setups are cheap. You can start manufacturing your own ammo with FFL 06 and your using much cheaper but slower equipment than the big guys use. Can you make a profit doing it? I dunno, but it seems if people could they would. That makes me think the ammo drought is a supply chain issues.
>>
>>30506933
But you don't want that, you want to disable someone with one or two shots max. Break bone and tear tissue.
>>
>>30510341
There isn't really a standard way to treat such such things in English. See FBI vs NASA, RAM vs CPU. I blame the French for fucking up all the rules.
>>
>>30510341

As in, you didn't know people actually said "fahl"? My bad.
>>
>>30510341
My FAL is my pal.
>>
>>30509396
>"Took the saiga he'd been working on"
I verbally said "noooo" when I read that
>>
>>30509308
My SKS makes a pretty good brush gun here in North/Central TX ranches. Short, tough, cheap, semi-auto, etc etc. That's subjective though, so take that for what you will.
>>
>>30510391
Not in a serious manner. It was always cowadooty people and to mock the FAL as "fail"
>>
>>30506377
The link is just a way to cam down the barrel to unlock the two ridges fitted into both the slide and barrel. As the round is fired, the slide pulls the locked in barrel back with it, but the link is pulling the barrel downwards at the same time, and by the time the slide is partially recoiled, the barrel is now unlocked from it, and is position perfectly in front of the magazine to load another round, ready for when the slide comes back forward to chamber. The reverse of this occurs on the way forward and the barrel is locked into place before another round is fired.
>>
>>30510405
I guess I'd probably have to just get one and see how it goes for me here in MI.
>>
>>30510013
Seems to me farming will always be viable but the methods might have to adapt. The problem is making it from now until then. You have to have a functional farm before the happening, the knowledge/skills/tools to keep it going and the ability to stop the hoard from killing you and eating it all.

The idea of going back to farming after SHTF won't work. The people who can farm are doing it and they aren't going to let you come and eat their food. The lag between planting and harvesting can be a while and it requires you already have lands/seed/skills. You have to be living that lifestyle before it happens.

If everything went to shit today, how long before half the population starves to death? Seems like it should be pretty fast but in practice it isn't. People hang on subsisting on very little for a long time (look at areas with war, famine, etc: Yugoslavia breakup, North Korea, Cuba after the USSR breakup, Somalia ...).

I know I would feel a thousand times better to have 20 or 30 acres and a dozen chickens. If everything goes to shit and I don't have a way to take care of my kids I don't know what I'd do.
>>
>>30510317
thank you penn
>>
>>30510454
I've considered taking that tilapia combination farm to heart or maybe getting one or two of those small goats. Do you or anyone else know of what kinds of animals/plants and methods are the overall best?
>>
>>30510248
>NBA
>NFL
>CIA
>NFA
>DVD

This can go back and forth all day really. What point were you trying to make?
>>
>>30510149
Plenty of people have starved to death to Alaska. And people said the same thing about the American Bison. There's so many they'll never be gone.

For fun I looked up Alaskan moose. There are 200K of them. Alaska has 700K people. Either people will hunt them until there are none left or they'll die trying. There are simply too many people.

The idea of living off the land like our ancestors did isn't possible. There's too many of us and not nearly enough animals.
>>
>>30510507
What if we include insects in the mix?
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 789x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 789x365
It just doesn't make any sense.
>>
File: Kraut Magic.jpg (122 KB, 468x309) Image search: [Google]
Kraut Magic.jpg
122 KB, 468x309
>>30510516
>>
>>30507017
It baffles me that such shitty stores stay in business. Maybe it's because I live in a very small, rural area, but my LGS is absolutely based. The first time I met the owner, he shook my hand and quoted the "keep the sand out of your actions" bit from Saving Private Ryan when I left.
>>
File: cutaway3a.jpg (80 KB, 897x768) Image search: [Google]
cutaway3a.jpg
80 KB, 897x768
>>30510527
Frankly it only looks slightly more complicated than a DA revolver.
>>
>>30510483
I've read small goats for dairy, potatoes and a bit of salt will meet all your dietary needs. I like the idea of tilapia in a small pool but the problem I have is I'm in Florida. If a hurricane/tornado comes how do I make sure I have fish left?

I've read a bunch of old farming books and there's a ton free on project gutenburg. That's where I'd start. Focus on non labor intensive foods with good long term edible and seed storage. Plants with a long time to mature (fruit trees, asparagus) make a good base but you have to wonder if something happens to them where that puts you. You want to be able to convert everything over to a quick growing crop if necessary. A lot of people don't think about seed saving. Plenty of plants you have a choice: eat it or save the seeds; but not both. Strawberry seeds really should be taken from overripe strawberries; brocolli seeds are taken from the flower so you have to let it bloom and ruin the food, etc.

I don't know the answers but I wish I could convince my wife to move to the country. I worry about our kids.
>>
>>30510515
I'd eat bugs but I wonder what a large bug "farm" would look like. How many earthworms does a person need per year? How much do you have to grow to feed them?

Bugs will survive because there's so many of them but they aren't calorie dense. The only way they make sense in a long term situation is if you can raise them is massive quantities. The logistics of it just don't make sense to me.
>>
File: 1398661621224.jpg (49 KB, 649x638) Image search: [Google]
1398661621224.jpg
49 KB, 649x638
>>30509056
>15 man home invasions are common, shotguns don't have enough capacity!
>>
>>30510576
We'd have to ask the asians
>>
File: 1456958941168.gif (779 KB, 400x211) Image search: [Google]
1456958941168.gif
779 KB, 400x211
Call me an idiot for not knowing this but what causes the bolt in an M4 to lock to the rear when there is no more ammo left, but causes it to cycle forward and chamber when there is ammo?
>>
>>30506917
On this, where is the division between 'rifle' and 'carbine'?
Old muzzleloader rifles were as long as the shooter even without tne bayonet, and carbines were shorter. But a modern AR is shorter than the old carbines and is a full size rifle, but so is a full size battle rifle, and the much shorter M4 is the carbine.
Where does rifle stop and carbine begin, or is it just comparative sizes with a carbine being say no more then 80% the size of the rifle?
>>
>>30510576
http://www.openbugfarm.com/
these guys have a couple of examples. Typically looks like a small chest of drawers.

Enjoy your crickets and mealworms. I'll feed those to MY food -- my chickens.
>>
>>30510598
>>30510576

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutrition-values-edible-bugs-insects-9602.html

Crickets and grasshoppers probably can be farmed. Silkworms probably the most well known for "farming". Side benefit is that you can get silk from them.
>>
>>30510606
There's a bolt catch that is pushed upward and locks the bolt back when it touches the magazine follower. If there are cartridges in the magazine, the follower is pushed downward and away from the bolt catch, so it cycles normally.

The most common magazine malfunction is to have an old mag with worn out springs and/or a damaged follower, which can result in the bolt going forward anyway even though the mag is empty. Most semiauto pistols work in the same way, with a slide lock that is engaged by the bare magazine follower when the magazine is empty.
>>
>>30510507
There's already a lot of homesteaders in Alaska and it's not as if SHTF all soil will become useless
>>30510621
>he doesn't already raise soldier beetles as a way to cheaply fill out protein
>>
>>30510608
I've only ever understood it as size/cartridge. Like when AR platforms are chambered in pistol cartridges, or its just a shortened version of the standard like with AK-74's and Krinkovs. Even that I'm still uncertain on.
>>
>>30510606
The magazine follower pushes a lever (bolt catch) into the path of the bolt, thus locking it open in preparation for chambering the first round in the next mag until the bolt catch is pressed and the bolt is released.
>>
>>30510639
>>30510660
Thanks guys. That actually really cleared things up for me now.
>>
>>30510638
Unless you know how to extract silk and have like a dozen people who also know you are better off raiding fabric warehouses.

Also they are fucking nasty and taste like shit, I've had them.
>>
>>30509362
>graphical interchange format
>giraffical interchange format
The guy who invented the term is clearly a fucking moron.
>>
>>30509397
Well people also say AKs are inaccurate but mine shoots 1.5 MOA all day, which is the same as any AR. Memes get blown out of control and you have to remember the majority of k is super young kids whose primary gun experience comes from comparing gun stats on COD where the AR has two extra bars of accuracy but the AK has three extra bars of stopping power and pistols make you run faster.
>>
>>30510697
What about farming goats and sheep for wool? Spinning yarn and knitting doesn't seem all too complicated if you practice and learn it for prep.
>>
>>30510706
>not interchanging giraffes
>>
>>30509449
Why do you waste so much time baiting here?
>>
>>30510742
Yeah. Its worrying some of the shit I've heard from people, even with gun experience. A friend of mine was convinced the AK-47 was designed to penetrate tank armor. A marine uncle of another friend thought the M16A3 didn't exist.
>>
>>30509449
Weak troll is weak
>>
>>30510742
commie AKs are designed to be reliable, at the cost of accuracy
civilian AKs are designed to be more accurate, at the cost of reliability

This is the current, standing meme on the internet.
>>
QTDDOT: Is there a meme or direct name for the feeling you get when you have your eye set on a firearm (your 1st firearm) and you can't wait to finally acquire it?
I have been doing a lot lot of lurking on /k/ and real forums that I assume adults post on.. and last night my first decision was finally made and I know what I want now I just need to save up a few clams for it. Very excited
>>
>>30507350
I think you're confusing reliable with simple
>>
>>30507124
Galil ACE
>>
>>30510787
Still got a (You) ;^)
>>
>>30510799
Hype might work, if you feel like borrowing a term from stuff like games and movies.
>>
>>30510823
That's a good one anon. I am so hyped for this gun I forgot about the word "hype". I just watched a ton of YT videos and fell asleep and woke up excited and I have to post about it
>>
File: 1464740164599.gif (127 KB, 287x199) Image search: [Google]
1464740164599.gif
127 KB, 287x199
>>30509056
>citing fuddlore as proof for supposedly "everchanging" firearms tactics
>>
File: nagant.jpg (57 KB, 879x516) Image search: [Google]
nagant.jpg
57 KB, 879x516
>>30507864
>gas seal revolver is less complex than a modern snubbie
>>
>>30507143
If your on the TN state line like me, theres this great store, Big M discount.
Ok people, gun prices are not too shitty.
Theres a shooting range down the road too.
>>
>>30510847
It'll happen with every gun you buy if you keep our passion for the hobby. I'll buy something on gunbroker or something and spend the week it takes to ship watching videos, reading reviews, etc etc. It's not like im gonna learn anything new I didn't know before I bought it, its just more angles to check it out from before I have it in my hands.
>>
>>30507102
To ease your troubled mind, my room-mate and I were invited to shoot at a club range and we brought some .38 special and .45 ACP without being asked and then gave what was left to our host post-fun.
>>
>>30507176
Fucking Python's man, why should it cost a couple of grand for a nice .357?
>>
>>30507864
Revolvers aren't particularly complicated, though they require more small things to work properly.

>>30510870
>is confused by multiple lines and labels and can't see past that for the individual function of parts
Stay in school
>>
>>30510906
I can see that. Yes, as I am sure my posts convey this is an entirely new hobby/lifestyle for me and when I jump in I go straight for the weekend.
Have been looking at all sorts of handguns and ar shit despite being a total fucking noob but last night decided on a nice 20ga remington shotgun that I think I will be able to handle quite comfortably as a person with a smaller stature
>>
>>30507564
Killing for a kit kat will get you in trouble, but under certain statutes a Klondike Bar is grounds for justifiable homicide.
>>
>>30509056
Fuddlore.

Common sense says racking a shotgun will scare off some people, and alert others to shoot in your direction. The people who would be scared off are probably the same ones who would run if they realized you were home and awake; the ones who would just shoot in your location are much more troublesome. Best not to be racking it.

Shotguns have a lot of downsides for home defense, capacity is kind of a side note.
>>
File: jframe.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
jframe.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30510931
>implying a jframe is less complex than a nagant revolver
>>
>>30511034
It's not really, brake it down to main functions and then move on to safety functions. This isn't kraut space magic, m8.
>>
File: 1465613356358.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1465613356358.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>30506864
I needed this, thanks for the kek
>>
>>30507325
>Because it's ambidextrous
>Because that's the way it was designed and it wouldn't really be an AR if it didn't
>Because that's what the people buying the gun wanted
>>
>>30510608
The exact difference vary depending on counties military doctrine but in general it depends on barrel length.
<20 in- a carbine and mostly mentioned for calvary or later on second line troops.
20-26ish in-generally referred to as a short rifle. Traditionally used by Marines in the 1800's later became the general issue size of rifle around WW1.
26ish+ - are traditional rifles or long rifle. When original military doctrine and theory was long range battles so they equipped troops with real long guns to get the extra range and hopefully out range their opponent. Most long rifles have been regulated to niche rolls like DMR or sniper.
>>
>>30510349
Or, like he said, he doesn't want things to change from the way they were in the 80s.
>>
>>30507124
SVD imports, it was government related to stop the tiger imports, but when KBI got atf approval to.import a certain amount of REAL no civilian mark (except of course the obligatory stupid import mark) military SVD's, cheap fuckers only imported one thousand of them, IF you can find one, they run about 15k up.
>>
>>30507143
What's "nice? Salty? 111 Gunshop. LE and milfags? shooter supply. Monster ? Whitakers outside Owensboro. There's dozens of places all over everywhere
>>
>>30507350
Cost of raw materials and economy of scale.
Most of a revolvers parts need to be able to withstand stress so need more expensive parts. Also a lot more semi auto pistols are now made so the tooling and overhead costs are reduced per unit.
>>
>>30509999
Yes, but only if the receiver is the registered machine gun and you don't have a regular AR with a DIAS.

>>30510026
>>30510028
You're confusing a drop in auto sear and registered receiver.
>>
>>30509629
Asians poach constan for their shitty restaurant s, you'll see them buying night vision
>>
>>30509007
Sounds like it triggers your OCD disorder.
>>
>>30510926
>couple grand for a python
They're climbing up to the 3k mark now.
DESIRE IS SUFFERING
>>
File: 1457752501181.jpg (16 KB, 293x323) Image search: [Google]
1457752501181.jpg
16 KB, 293x323
>>30511585
I like you.
>>
>>30509999
If you have the tax stamp on it you can buy anything it needs, you'll just have to show documentation to buy the auto parts
>>
>>30507124
Colt is doing a run of 1500 A1 style AR15's, and that's it.
A1's are ultra popular right now, it's almost like colt hares money.
>>30507176
Pythons aren't being made any more because colts gunsmiths are incompetent now.
>>
>>30510608
The original configuration of whatever rifle we're discussing is the "rifle". It could be 38 inches or 18 inches, depending on what it is. Carbine is typically ascribed to whatever shorter version of the rifle is produced.
>>
>>30511319
It's because when they moved the gas tube from the side to the top, after firing for a while the charging handle would get too hot to use.
>>
>>30507419

>lol I didn't prepare so I'm just gonna murder

I hope you get shot like a dog in the street once SHTF
>>
>>30510647
My point isn't that you can't live off the land. You can. My point is we can't have this huge culture shift where one day we're chilling out an McDonalds and the next we're pushing a plow. If people think that during the happening they'll load up their subaru and head to the woods to become farmers then they are crazy.

Back when our ancestors were here the soil wasn't depleted and native animal populations were much higher. They could live off the wildlife while they transitioned to farming. That model wouldn't work today and we certainly can't transition to that model and keep our current population.
>>
File: liberals.webm (3 MB, 1276x710) Image search: [Google]
liberals.webm
3 MB, 1276x710
>>30507250
>Let's tax gun owners extra! That'll make it a pain in the ass to buy them and stop them from making guns! Public health concern!
>WHY ARE THEY BUYING GUNS ONLINE TO GET GUNS WITH NO TAX, LOWER PRICES AND MORE CONVENIENCE REEEEEEEE FUCKING REPUBLICANS
>WE DON'T WANT TO TAKE YOUR GUNS WE JUST WANT TO STOP YOU FROM GETTING OR HAVING GUNS

God I hate liberals, and I really wonder why most stores think they can get away with the bullshit prices they try to.
>>
>>30510454
Inb4 everybody comes and steals your crops/animals, slaughtering your family while their at it.

Better start building that concrete wall ariound your property.
>>
>>30507017
God damn, this.
Live in Toronto, unfortunately, and my LGS, Al Flaherty's seems to exclusively employ bored 18yr olds for the gun counter.
Life in the Ronto is suffering. I want to move somewhere with forests and guns and cold, cold rain...
>>
>>30510301
It is an acronym.
But it'd be effin' foul to pronounce it like one.
>>
>>30507124
10/22 magnum
Camp 9
M6 scout
Generally liked firearms that were discontinued. Although I don't believe they were quote so popular when they were around.
>>
>>30509629
>Like, what game is poached and for what purposes?

Besides hunting out of season(which would be poaching) you hear a lot of stories about people illegally hunting on private property.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2015/05/13/dealing-poachers/
>>
>>30509527
Combination of the last two. Only use your guns as a last resort to protect everyone else, but be sure to have them.
The main advantage of hoarding is that you become a valuable ally for other people. If you try to go it alone and live on your hoard you'll just be more likely to be robbed and end up alone and with nothing.
>>
>>30511319
>>30507325
>tfw I own two ARs with forward charging handles because I'm not a huge fan of the rear one.

They are piston driven though.
>>
File: 9GoRWQy.jpg (221 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
9GoRWQy.jpg
221 KB, 2560x1440
>>
>>30511585

I wish more Asians lived in Texas. We'd be able to solve the wild pig problem easily.
>>
>>30513451
Less boars ruining farmland - more fresh spare ribs
Win win.
>>
>>30508935
>What is short sight radius
>What is fatigue (if you're a bitch)
>What is a shitty trigger pull
>What is twitching

I could go on.
>>
>>30508951
what the fuck i'm foreign and i've been saying it as "carbyne" for ages
>>
>>30513451
texas has a shitload of asians.
>>
>>30508935
Well you have a 3 pound hand gun that needs 4 to 12 pounds of pressure to fire. Short sight radius. You only have 2 points of contact. The front sight post will cover up a few inches of the target at 15 yds and any variations in your grip or trigger pull will put the round in a different spot even if your sights we're aligned exactly the same as the shot before.
>>
>>30508935
>why is it so hard to be accurate with a tiny unsupported gun with enormous amounts of recoil and bad sights?

It's a mystery, anon.
>>
>>30513664
I don't think you can count it as 2 points of contact. It's 2 hands on the same point.
>>
>>30510558
Do people actually have a hard time understanding how revolvers work? There's only a handful of parts shown there.
>>
>>30513752
It's two because it's one on either side applying equal pressure. If your right hand holds it's firmer than your left your shots will go to the left and vice versa.
>>
File: 1458680816034.jpg (23 KB, 343x284) Image search: [Google]
1458680816034.jpg
23 KB, 343x284
>>30506342
How stopping power can really be an issue.

>it is a pellet of copper and lead entering the body and deforming a whole hell of a lot while in there
>I can understand with something like 22 having small size and low power
>but anything like .32, 9mm, .40, .45 should be equally effective at entering the body and either staying there or coming out the other side
>larger calibers or magnums may do more damage, but all of them will get the job done, and regardless of the caliber I am going to keep pulling the trigger till nothing happens
>>
>>30513818
>Do people actually have a hard time understanding how revolvers work?
Clearly, else the "revolvers are simpler than automatics" meme would have fucking died by now.
>>
>>30507102
>>30507419
>>30509481
i have carefully noted who my Mormon associates are.
>>
>>30514160
Basically, there's the issue of wound channel size in pistol calibers, and then weird horrifying physics bullshit in the others.

For instance, 9mm vs 45 - They both do poke holes in people, but 45 has a larger frontal area, which means a slightly larger wound channel. Whether you dismiss this as insignificant or not, however, is up to you. There's also the issue of penetration - a hot magnum round might punch straight through a rib instead of being deflected away from - or towards - the target's heart.

Rifle calibers wound differently, because a piece of copper and lead going three times the speed of sound hitting a sack of jelly does some pretty interesting and definitely awful things.

I'd also defend that large rifle calibers do have knockdown power, as I've seen a deer shot by my grandpa's .270 go down paralyzed, even though the shot barely missed its spine and didn't punch all the way through.
>>
>>30511625
http://www.ftfindustries.com/product/AR-m16sear.html

Anon you can order the parts directly to your door all you want. Probably not a good idea if you don't have a registered FA, but you can get them without showing paperwork.
>>
>>30509998
Oh. Shiieeet. I meant the import bans associated with GCA of 1968 that's amende by FOPA
>>
>>30506342
The idea that a lot of people (especially on /k/, it's not like you faggots had an excuse) still believe those completely retarded tank-related myths and view Death Traps as a credible source.
>>
>>30514857
Like what? I assume that the whole sloped armor thing is subtle troll at this point
>>
>>30509352
G-IF
>>
>>30514597
Don't you need an actual A1 lower for that to work?
Forgive me if I'm being stupid I'm not big into ARs but I have no clue.
>>
>>30506864

well, there were some guys on youtube that explained them pretty well..... but they were all silenced.
>>
>>30514964
>Shermans = Ronsons/Tommy Cookers
>takes 5 Shermans to kill one Tiger

Things like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNjp_4jY8pY
>>
>>30515069
So hard G?
>>
>>30506342
>5.56/.223 is pea shooter
>same person stockpiles .22
>same person buys AK because "better than AR"
>same person trusts life to blowback .22
>>
>>30507017
This, insufferable gunshop employees do more for gun control than anyone else. Luckily the one I go to is not too bad other than too many people working there part time.
>>
>>30506342
>Ctrl + F "G11"
>no results
You have failed me, /k/.
>>
>>30515927
>>30510516
>>30510527
>>
>>30515951
Huh.
I blame myself for this.
>>
File: Rolexcaseless.jpg (140 KB, 468x309) Image search: [Google]
Rolexcaseless.jpg
140 KB, 468x309
>>30510527
>>
>>30515983
You should. Ctrl-F doesn't substitute for not reading the thread.
>>
>>30515997
What the hell was the unit cost for these fucking things, anyhow?

I mean, I know it was a prototype, essentially, but they had to be expensive, even considering that. Look at that mess.
>>
>>30516072

>The development of the G11 from 1974 to 1989 had cost the tax payer 84.1 million DM, while leaving H&K with a debt of 180 million DM. H&K was permitted by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (Bundesamt für Wirtschaft und Ausfuhrkontrolle) to export the rifle to 80 countries, and give licenses to 15 countries.[15] On March 8, 1992, the G11 (K2) was approved for fullscale replacement production.

Believe it or not, most of the money that went over budget was dumped into the goddamn scope, which they could never really get to work as well as they needed.
>>
>>30516094
84m DM is roughly 45 million USD. 180 DM being 100 million USD. Neither of these conversions account for inflation since the late 80s though.
>>
>>30516072
Hmm... I can't find anything about individual unit costs, but I found this little interesting unrelated tidbit:

>By 2004, the technology developed for the G11 was licensed for the Lightweight Small Arms Technologies project,[14] the current project of which is a light machine gun prototype for the US Army. The design is intended to be able to proceed with either a cased cartridge using a composite case or a caseless ammunition design developed from the G11. Both ammunition designs are telescoped ammunition like that used by the G11, however the current ammunition design has a plastic case in contrast to the fully caseless G11 ammunition. The design, like the G11, uses a rotating chamber, but rotating about the longitudinal axis of the weapon.

Bretty neato.
>>
>>30510706
>>30509774
I was basically just going to say >>30509892
>>
>>30506342
>Confess your confusions /k/.

I don't know how the fuck anyone can want to restrict guns "For safety of everyone" when literally everything else in the world kills more people per year.

Cars beat out ALL gun deaths by a few hundred, but auto-related deaths tower over the paltry number of scary "assault weapon" deaths. Fucking hands, feet, hammers and clubs beat out AR15's also.

But you point this out, and the anti-gun fags are like "BUT MUH CHILLUN" or some other attempt at justifying their immature, disease-induced rage.
>>
>>30516201
That's the argument. Cars are like, a need, man, guns are like, a luxury, mannnn, like why would you ever need something that will blow a hole the size of a basketball in your deer?

^^
thats how they think
>>
File: miracles.jpg (128 KB, 819x540) Image search: [Google]
miracles.jpg
128 KB, 819x540
>>30510527
>>
>>30516479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs
>>
>>30509629
Aquatic animals, deer, bears, and cougars are usually commonly poached/taken out of season.

Lots of the time when animals in the US are poached they are killed only for weird body organs that are used in "traditional medicine".
>>
>>30509687
Whitetail and deer in general are a well protected because there is such a large number of hunter for is. In 2014 Michigan had 600,000 deer hunters took about half as many deer. Plus just shit tons of road kill.
>>
>>30517185
I know that's a common thing in asia, but I hadn't figured it would slip in here.

>>30517255
Well shit.
>>
>>30515410
yeah
not the one that sounds like a J
>>
>>30506487
>>30506933
Original poster of the comment.

Have owned both and will say that .25acp is the better of the two and honestly better than 22lr for defense (centerfire primer far more reliable than rimfire). Watched my friend accidentally shoot himself in the leg with a 25acp and only spent an hour or so at the hospital before he was OR'd and walked away. The same is true for 32acp. The hollow points will not have enough expansion to be devastating enough outside of a direct hit to the T-zone. Don't get me wrong I would not want to be shot by either and I still wish I had my old gt27 25acp as a backup gun to m ccw, but they are not a good choice for carry round.
>>
>>30509687

Bear in mind the law was passed in 1934. I remember reading old Roald Dahl books from that period where he'd spend an entire chapter talking about pouching quail or pheasants by shooting them and putting horse hairs through raisins so they'd choke.
>>
>>30511034

That's actually amazingly simple. It obviously looks like a lot of randomly sized metal pieces, but that's only when you don't have the foresight to think about how the pieces are connected. The actual firing and rotation mechanism has about 4 essential, moving parts. At that, those moving parts would be hard pressed to fail, seeing as every part only goes in one direction to fire.

The rest is just unnecessary shit that's been added in via regulation like the transfer bar.
>>
>>30507124

>Coonan .357

I WANT IT I NEED IT, TO MAKE ME FEEL HEATED
>>
File: Coonan3571911.jpg (1 MB, 2808x1652) Image search: [Google]
Coonan3571911.jpg
1 MB, 2808x1652
>>30518121

Fuck you, me too.
>>
>>30507017
what you need is a C&R licence. And you are lucky. Out by me the gun stores are overpriced and know nothing about the guns other than that they do not want to take a fair price for it. Something about buying on line at what he pays for dealer pricing.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 600x338
Kraut Space Magic.
>>
>>30509308
Think of a Nugget like this- It's a .30-06 with history and Russian engineering behind it.
>>
>>30518150

They're so aesthetic, and you don't even have to deal with mallninjas telling you that .45 is slow or isn't powerful. I'm legitimately pissed at fucking Coonan for not making more of these. And the ones he does make? The digital camo fucking tacticool ones with the shitty looking compensators and muzzle brakes.
>>
>>30518324

Bullshit, I've seen the nickel ones like I posted.
>>
>>30518334

Yeah, but how many, and for how much? Last time I looked for one, albeit about a year ago (lol lazy), it was mostly just the tacticool ones that no one wants. Maybe they made another batch and have all the cool ones back in stock, I don't know.
>>
>>30518360
>for how much?

$1,700 if I remember right.
>>
>>30507017
I want to start a firearms business.

What do I do to make it not shit?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.