[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw gun collar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4
File: 29502_3_full.jpg (13 KB, 270x396) Image search: [Google]
29502_3_full.jpg
13 KB, 270x396
Is this thing realistic at all?

From what I see its just s bunch of shotgun shells with revolver hammers cocked back at them, would this work?
>>
Sure, not the most efficient design but sufficient to tear some chick's throat apart.
>>
>>30495468
Someone made a real life suicide helmet similar to this and killed themselves to great effect. So, it's quite doable
>>
Seems like a reasonable device for Californian lawmakers.
>>
I would just tear the plastic shell hulls apart to remove the shot and powder.
>>
File: mgesP2X.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgesP2X.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
worked for this guy
>>
>>30495468
>>30495590

That seems like a lot of work to do a job that a zip gun could do.
>>
>>30495624
If you are going to do something once you may as well do it right. This is actually pretty inspiring and has convinced me to order spring stock to fabricate a leaf spring and finally fix a shotgun. If someone spent all that time making a suicide helmet I can make some time for something I'd enjoy using as a living person.
>>
>>30495624
he wanted to be sure.

Kobain, allegedly, shot him self in the mouth with a shotty.

IF your aim is of or the pellets go in strange directions. You don't instantly kill your self.

You get a minute or more of laying there in horrible pain, waiting to bleed out.

Worse, you survived and now you are a cripple or a potato.
>>
>>30495624

From what I read in the past he set it up so that it would kill him when his mom got home and opened the garage door or turned on the light or something.

It looks like a spiny koopa when turned over the other way
>>
>>30496885
Rather clean for what it supposedly did but then again it's not as if there were any barrels to speed up the shot
>>
>>30495794
>aim is off
>with a shotty
>in your mouth

dumbass, it's impossible to miss either your brain stem or your grey matter if you shove a shotty in your mouth.
>>
>>30498693
no it isn't

seen a guy with a shotty in his mouth

and then no mouth

still had a brain and spine though
>>
>>30496998

If it was recovered from the scene by the cops, they probably wouldn't have just left it covered in bits of brain. They probably at least hosed it out.
>>
>>30495468

It wouldn't work because there is no chamber to support the high pressure part of the shell. Most of the blast would be directed outwards because the pellets are the heaviest thing in the shell and thus resist the kinetic energy caused by burning powder the most. It would most likely just tear up the brass and the plastic and the pellets would go nowhere.
>>
>>30498693
That's why you drive your car into a truck.
>>
>>30495468

Shotgun shell powder doesn't seem to ignite without chamber to increase the pressure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqQ4ff2VqZY

I got same results when I tried to ignite shotgun shells by shooting the primer with .22lr. The primer would blow but the powder would no ignite.
>>
>>30498723
if you put it in your mouth i dont think you have very good chances of surviving for more then a second

if you are reffering to that webm/gif of a guy with no face pouring water on what used to be his face he probably placed a shotty under his chin and looked straigth up
>>
>>30498777
You think wrong, I'm afraid. People have definitely screwed up shotgun in mouth suicides and then lived long miserable lives in rehab hospitals with no face. The only mercy is that most of them have TBIs as well and don't seem particularly aware.
>>
>>30498763
Or just gas yourself painlessly without a mess or possible harm to others.
>>
>>30495590
If it worked, why is there no blood on it?
>>
>>30495510
It was much better than this though. It looked crude as fuck but the dude had it down to a T.
>>
>>30495468
Powder in a shot shell won;t ignite when unconfined like that. The crimp willopen and shot will dribble out. If somehow the powder did ignite it still won;t build enough pressure to cause injury before the shell wall srupture.

All this is moot as the revolver hammers are all mising the firing pin.
>>
>>30499418

Uh... Yes the powder will ignite
>>
>>30499718
As was said earlier shotgun powder needs confinement and pressure to ignite.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=59f_1322440770&comments=1&safe_mode=on&use_old_player=1
>>
>>30495766
>actually pretty inspiring
Man how do you even have this kind of initiative when you're mentally imbalanced

Real talk i suffered major depression for over a year and i was never suicidal, i just got to a point where i wouldn't have cared if i died

I couldn't summon enough of a fuck to walk outside, let alone design and build a custom kys hat
>>
>>30499776

Uhh... It ignited. That's why the shell EXPLODED in that vid.

It just didn't burn cleanly.

Black powder shotgun shells would do much better
>>
>>30495504
I can tear some chick's throat apart
>>
all these people saying
>shotty
makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>30499103

Coroner cleaned it and photographed it because of how unique it was.
>>
>>30498830
Carbon monoxide, first time, evey time.
Accept no substitute
>>
>>30498830
You're heroing, by definition you're gonna hurt your family and friends with your selfish act.
>>
>>30500098
>might as well fuck up some random on the highway while you're at it
Yeah ok
>>
>>30499917
The shell burst from the pressure of the primer. You can quite clearly see the powder flying out.
>>
>>30500098
>you're gonna hurt
just kys
>>
>>30499841
You're assuming the guy was depressed and not had some other form of imbalance or a mental illness like schizophrenia.
>>
>>30498693
protip, you're wrong
lots of people manage to blow off their face and not kill themselves because shotgun barrels are long. they get the gun under their chin but miss the brain
if the barrel is in your mouth, you have to pull the trigger with your toe. try it
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=failed+shotgun+suicide&t=ffsb&iar=images&iax=1&ia=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Fagenciabk.net%2FBK575PERROS.jpg
>>
>>30499841
>Real talk
Shut the fuck up, Jamal
>>
>>30500098
this>>30500118
>>
File: ackchyually.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
35 KB, 700x700
>>30495468
thats a piss-poor trap. if she tore up her shirt and jammed bits of it into the areas between the hammer and primer she would be fine
>>
>>30498774
Wow, you learn something new every day. I also feel like an idiot, because this should have been intuitive to me
>>
>>30498693
I'm an ER nurse and over just a 10 year career I've seen a dozen cases of people "doing it wrong" with shot guns.
>>
>>30498830
>Or just gas yourself
muh sheckels
>>
>>30500945
>green text time mr murse
>>
>>30500916
it's not intuitive learn what that word means
>>
>>30498774
Anyone who has ever disassembled a target shell just to play with powder knows you're wrong
>>
>>30500992
It should have been for me, as I should have known, or reasonably assumed, based upon my background as a chemist.
>>
>>30500970

Most cases are generic drpression for older folks and revenge anger from younger cases a couple have unique back stories worth a green text, once again I was not a witness to the act, they just send the bloody mess to us to try and fix

>Guy loses his job and has argument with gf, government is threatening him with deportation because he's over stayed his student visa, ...puts shotgun in his mouth...and blows a whole in the back of his neck and only a few pellets get stuck in his verti anback of his skull without penetrating brain or spine.

Another was just a guy high as balls an put it under his chin and "defaced" him self: jaw, nose and eyes shreded and gone, brain is pristine.

Then we did have a guy who did angle it correct and put pellets in his brsin and spine but beyond all fuck, he lived and is now a vegetable. It's like his head was a FBI gel shot jello cube.
>>
>>30495468

It's possible to make a bomb/suicide collar since the bank robbers in that case in Pennsylvania in 2003 attached that one to that guy and made him try to rob the bank and when he couldn't get out they set the collar off remotely and killed him.
>>
>>30499954
oh you
>>
>>30501075
Ever made shot shells with a press? I have, if you don't have proper compression the powder may not burn correctly or at all.
>>
>>30499841
You don't have to be morbidly depressed to want to die... it just helps.
>>
>>30501192
What do you honestly think of a medical establishment that looks at a man whose brain is goo, or who has his whole face blown off and says
>yeah, we should make this guy live as long as possible
>>
>>30495468
>tear up shirt
>put in front of hammers
>tada
>>
>>30501453

Legal obligations, look it up sometime.

Besides, in the initial evaluation it isn't always possible to correctly estimate how someone will be in a couple of months or years. People therefore tend to err on the side of allowing more people to survive.
>>
>>30501453
muh Hippocratic Oath
>>
>>30495468
It probably wouldn't decapitate her, and those shotgun shells aren't going to go off with anywhere near full power due to lack of chamber support, but I think enough of the BBs would exit the shells in the forward direction that it would cause enough damage for her to bleed to death.
>>
>>30501453
Sometimes it's just an issue of keeping the body 'alive' long enough so the organs stay nice and fresh until a donor in need can be found. Tissue is only good for a couple days at most once the body craps out.
>>
>>30495468
Saw would have been better with more nudity and hot girls. It's like that movie "Hostel" where they do all this gory bdsm shit on dudes just to avoid the whole sexual connotation thing but instead it just made it gay. The movie was gay and saw is gay and you're gay if you watched it fag.
>>
>>30502051
>Let the patient die
>Get sued by the family, or have the feds on your ass
You can thank the high amounts of regulation and the lack of decent tort reform that forces doctors to think more about their own ass than what is really best.
>>
>>30502101
The Saw series summed up in one sentence:Cut your legs off.
>>
>>30495468
Colombians did it better and cheaper with a PVC tubing collar stuffed with explosives and the detonator mechanism embedded within, with an anti tamper device to prevent disassembly.
>>
>>30503726
ISIS did away with the PVC and just used explosive cord
>>
>>30501192
Jesus christ. If I ever do it I think im going to aim for my heart. That way if I fuck up somehow, I can maybe chamber another shell and try again. And even in a worst case scenario my face will be pretty.
>>
>>30498693
Thousands of people per year would like a word with you .... But they fuxked up a shotgun suicide and now are veggies or unable to talk.
>>
>>30500869
You shut up cracka
>>
>>30498693
Here the thing, you're wrong.

If the barrel is in your mouth your teeth limit the angle you can get the gun to meaning you can't easily angle it, merge that with people who are emotional not thinking of how to kill and you are now suckstarting

Suckstarting has no chance of hitting the brain and at the ranges we're talking the likelyhood is you miss the spine and instead blow your tongue out the side of your neck between your spine and the edge of your jaw.

Then you bleed out slowly and painfully
>>
File: 0bVIYlf[1].jpg (480 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0bVIYlf[1].jpg
480 KB, 1920x1080
>>30501243
That collar simply held a bomb near him. Also he was in on it.
There was a love triangle between himself, the girl and the other accomplice and it seems likely the whole thing was merely to set him up.
This is a proper shotgun suicide helmet. Used electricity to ignite the shells
>flip switch, receive absolution
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.