[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear combat veterans of /k/; whats combat high like? Also by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: seal casket.jpg (171 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
seal casket.jpg
171 KB, 736x490
Dear combat veterans of /k/; whats combat high like? Also by extending that question, in a combat situation. How did you cope with one of your buddies dying next to you? Did that enhance the combat high or did just send you into a depression.
>>
>>30494138
If you want to know so bad, go find out for yourself and never ask this question again.
>>
>>30494138
Imagine being the biggest faggot you possibly can, now think 20% bigger.

thats how much of a faggot.
>>
>>30494138
>whats combat high like?
There's about 2 ways it usually goes, which I will now describe to you:
>See some little dots out in the distance
>everybody lays down and starts shooting at the little dots
>little dots fall down
OR
>someone points in a direction and yells
>everybody lays down and starts shooting in that direction
>eventually you get told to stop shooting

Sometimes you hear whizzing, usually a little before you hear a shot come from the direction you're shooting.
>>
>Be Israeli-American
>Fight in 2009 & 2014 Gaza Wars
>No PTSD, no combat highs, no dramatic events or trauma

I don't know what to think desu
>>
File: cns_web_20140115__12v2051.jpg (57 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
cns_web_20140115__12v2051.jpg
57 KB, 600x404
>>30494138
I've never even seen (official government-sponsored, I've done regretable shit in the past) combat and I know this is something you should never fucking ask. If someone wants you to know they'll tell you. You need to set aside some time for self-reflection, OP.
>>
>>30496340
>this is something you should never fucking ask

That's probably why he's asking here and not IRL dumb fuck
>>
>>30494138

It's like taking the last cookie from the jar only minutes before dinner time and successfully blaming it on your older sister, then having your Dad tell you he loves you and is proud of you, but feeling guilty about your Sister being grounded because you know it's your fault she's there in room with no supper and she didn't do anything wrong, you're the bad one, but you can't ever, ever tell anyone.

Eventually you learn to hate cookies, the smell makes you ill. Then you get divorced when your wife catches you wearing her clothes, pretending to be your own sister, hammering cookie after cookie with your semi-erect penis while shouting obscenities and crying.

I hope that helps.
>>
>>30496290
My dad has 9 combat deployments, from 2001-2015
He's an 18C in 5th SFG

He has never had flashbacks or ptsd or any of that shit
>>
>>30496483
I'm not OP but that actually makes sense
>>
>>30496290
did you kill anyone?
>>
>>30496526
Most combat veterans don't. But of course you never hear about them, because modern society can't accept that some people are perfectly OK with fighting and killing.
>>
>>30496261
This is pretty accurate, depending on terrain.

>>30496832
This. Most PTSD comes from being bored stateside. I have 5 tours as a corpsman and I constantly daydream of getting into a firefight everywhere I go. Also, I'll think of really fucked up shit like if my wife next to me was shot in this area or that, then ask myself, do I "stay and play" or do I "load and go"? I also think of hadji a lot and ways I've made him suffer, such as aiming for hip shots (if the target was exposed) when we got into fights or how awesome it was to live in that time. Boredom causes PTSD; and also whinny civilians who bitch, but that's only because of the short temper we tend to develop.
>>
>>30496424
Doesn't matter, this should be common sense from any human being with the slightest sense of empathy.
>>
>>30494138
>How did you cope with one of your buddies dying next to you? Did that enhance the combat high or did just send you into a depression.

This is inappropriate.

-11b2p
>>
>>30497122
Jesus christ with the drama.
It's 4chan. Get a fucking grip. You know what you signed up for
>>
>>30497425
It doesn't matter, some forms of stupidity need to be checked no matter where they manifest themselves.
>>
File: 1467512110077.gif (977 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1467512110077.gif
977 KB, 500x281
>>30496290
Be traitor-american
Never served once actually fighting or dying for Israeli interests overseas other than pushing around unarmed civilians

Faggots like this and Rahm Emanuel should be shot

Really you ever have an American flag on your uniform or is that just for the sucker goyim?

Happy 4th /k/
>>
File: ZwTR2pS.gif (204 KB, 463x640) Image search: [Google]
ZwTR2pS.gif
204 KB, 463x640
>>30497446
>>30497122
>>30494348
>>30496340
Holy fuck. Its 4chan, not Tumblr stop trying to white knight. Everyone is anon here so who the fuck cares? Thats the perfect reason to ask and get answers to questions you wouldn't be able to ask anywhere else.
>>
Wow, this thread sure is full of whiny bitches.
>>
to be clear I have never been in true combat in a war zone. but at the range I run several drills and I like to train at such intensity that I still get what you call combat high. it is like an adrenaline rush but more, I go into ZEN state everything is calm, everythign around me is in slow motion, my shots hit the target effortlessly. it is hard to explain to someone that has not been at the level of training I do.
>>
>>30497446

Shut up you buffoon
>>
>>30497507

>I TRAIN REEEEEL HARD I GET MUH COMBAT HIGH TOO GUYS I'M JUST LIKE A REAL SOLDIER LOOK AT ME OPERATING OPERATIONALLY SEMPER FIDDLESTICKS

Love it.
>>
>>30497524
keep making fun kid, when I am running drills and im in the zone I have no doubt in my mind that I am at the level of any solider in the worls. bottom line is my training is better than military standards anyways, not the soliders fault i know it is uncle sams budget. my brothers in arms would be happy to have me on a battlefield any day
>>
>>30497155
This whole site is inappropriate. You want a cuddle fight, go back to fucking Tumblr or Reddit.
>>
>>30494138
Go and try it for yourself faggot.
>>
>>30497530
>top of my class
>300 confirmed simulated kills
>precision the likes of which you've never seen

Almost got me, m8. 8/8 b8.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.