[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /K/, Let's weaponize this RC plane. >two engine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Alright /K/,

Let's weaponize this RC plane.

>two engine selected for performance
>Wide wing span for hard points

I'm thinking removing the nose section for a decent camera and a steel BB powered by CO2 canisters.

This is for air to air combat against drones.

Any other weapons viable? Obviously a tow line would be crippling to the rotors of any adversary but it would have to be detachable once it's caught our both planes would go down.

Side bar: why hasn't battle bots taken to the skies yet? With VR head sets this would be awesome.

I'm ready for you to shit all over my idea

>Th-thanks...
>>
>>30487721
co2 canisters are too heavy. superlight and simple open bolt .17hmr guns.
>>
>>30487728
But anon, that's a FAA no-no.
>>
>>30487728
Yeah. I was trying to avoid putting a real gun into it.

On the hypothetical side of things putting a single shot .410 would be neat.
>>
>>30487721
It's a bomber, it should carry bombs.
>>
I don't have it, but there's a screencap of a post from a thread about weaponizing an rc A-10, and using it to shoot down PETA drones, then drop paint bombs on them to mark them for police. Was a great thread.
>>
>>30487764
What are you, some kind of snitch?
>>
File: PETA.png (65 KB, 1318x556) Image search: [Google]
PETA.png
65 KB, 1318x556
>>
>>30487794
>>30487803

Yes. I saw that green text and that is my inspiration for this post. Design my warbird anon.

I'm really thinking about some automatic releasing tow lines from the wing tips and tail. Then you just buzz the drone and it's rotors get tangled. The lines break away and you keep flying. Also this is the easiest thing to add
>>
File: Droneswithk.jpg (166 KB, 1235x596) Image search: [Google]
Droneswithk.jpg
166 KB, 1235x596
>>30487794
>>
>>30487721

>This is for air to air combat against drones.

Rear facing spray foam nozzles.
>>
Would something like an airshit gun be light enough?
>>
>>30487721
>/K/
Welcome to 4chan, Mickey

It's /k/, not /K/.
>>
>>30488260
I'll take auto /K/orrect for 1,000 Alex.
>>
>>30487721
I think your releasing line is the most irl doable as well as functional so far. Water ballons to bomb them? Probably pretty hard to aim though. A trailing net?
>>
>>30487721
Any one remember the RC plane mission from San Andreas? Mini RC bombers when?
>>
File: roman bust of angry old man.jpg (54 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
roman bust of angry old man.jpg
54 KB, 500x497
>>30488260
autism
>>
File: Airfix_Dogfighter_Cover[1].jpg (59 KB, 355x449) Image search: [Google]
Airfix_Dogfighter_Cover[1].jpg
59 KB, 355x449
>>30488377
I remember Airfix Dogfighter game where you controlled scale model of a plane a flew it around the house picking up fireworks, firecrackers and whatnot to bomb Nazi bases and shoot down enemy scale model planes with.
>>
>>30488573
>that flooded basement where you have to sink the enemy battleship models
That game was fun as all shit.
>>
>>30487721
As much C4 as you can stuff in it + ball bearings
>>
>>30487778
It's a B-25, it had a forward armament.
>>
>>30487979
No
>>
>>30487866
OMG. This. If you can find high expansion household foam in small enough, light enough containers.
>>
>>30487721
Some of the larger planes, you could easilly weaponize.

Look into Big Ship combat. A few folks added BB guns powered by CO2 to RC battleships and fight each other on ponds and lakes. It's pretty cool. I've wanted to do this exact thing with RC Aircraft for a good long while. Add in some FPV awesomeness, and you could have dogfighting irl. I really want to do this, but the weight is a serious problem unfortunately.

I imagine it can be done, but tricky. The largest RC planes might be able to carry some decent arms, but it wouldn't be particularly maneuverable. Although I imagine you could bundle some bottle rockets to it, and give it missiles.

Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtDgTeK-D5I

Submarines with torpedos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJm0HEs2FIk
>>
A helical mag in the body chambered in a low pressure round with a single barrel protruding out the front aimed via go pro also get some of those civil war impact detonated grenades to be housed under the wings or body to drop on your neighbors
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.