[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Body armour general/urgent question thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11
General thread and question.

What would you recommend for someone that doesn't want to be stabbed? I live in the UK but I don't mind importing the best as long as it's not some ultra rich man's thing or a meme worthy gimmick. Also some blunt impact protection might be helpful.

Ideally I'd like to have full body coverage. I was thinking about getting some gloves to but it would be a pain in the ass wearing that all the time just in case something happened. Guess I could keep it in a pocket if I saw it comming. I was looking at a website called blade runner. Some people recommended their gloves.
Life story below line. ________________________

Had people try to mug me twice within the last year or so. Also had a group try to steal my dog and another tried intimidating me into handing over a 20 I just dropped and picked up. I was back tracking looking for it. Claimed it was theirs. Probably a few more if I thought hard enough.

The area I live in is going to hell.

I'd thought of getting some stuff the first time but I never got around to it.

But the people who recently tried it said whilst bravely running away that they'd find and get me because they know what town I live in.

So now I don't really want to worry about that every time I go out.
>>
Get a gun
>>
>What would you recommend

Move to a decent area of town, or a different town, you moron.
>>
If you're this fucking stupid and you don't move wear a motorcycle jacket with the kevlar insets.
>>
Here are some items I've been looking at. Not sure how good they are as no one reviews the website and its impossible to research it as the movie just keeps popping up.

I became aware of it after I heard multiple people online on various websites say that they sell the best best gloves

http://www.bladerunner.tv/anti-slash-rhino-duty-gloves-with-knuckle-protection.htm

lhttp://www.bladerunner.tv/disguised-ballistic-wear-flying-jacket-bullet-proof-threat-level-iiia.html

http://www.bladerunner.tv/long-johns-225.html
>>
>>30487657
If you can afford to spend almost a thousand pounds on an armored jacket, why not just move to somewhere that isn't crawling with dindus?
>>
>>30487625
This or a thick leather jacket. Use the sleeve to grab the blade. Everything that can be used as a weapon is illegal to carry. Is it common for bong coppers to "randomly" search subjects for weapons?
>>
File: 1463500261345.jpg (135 KB, 1000x867) Image search: [Google]
1463500261345.jpg
135 KB, 1000x867
>>30487587
>Buy expensive body armor
>Get attacked by a group
>They steal your armor and beat you

or

>Buy expensive body armor
>The police see you wearing it around
>They confiscate your armor and beat you
>>
>>30487598
Don't want to spend years in prison

>>30487616
>>30487625

It's a shit hole everywhere around here and probably throughout the rest of the UK. About 12 years ago police would arrive quickly whenever you called them and you'd see them walking around.

Now they get angry if you call up unless you or someone else is bleeding out. They give you a number to call that no one could remember off by heart, there you whine about someone mugging you or someone vandalising something and they file it down and nothing happens.

I know of probably 2 dozen crimes from just the last 2 years ranging from vandalism to theft attempted rape threats of murder by arson and assault that happened to people I know and not once did they call the police. Just like me and my family they'd given up years ago.
>>
>>30487666
Most of the crimes are done by chavs. Dindus definitely commit a disproportionate but they don't have the numbers here. If I remember correctly Americans have 8 times more even when you account for population differences.
>>
>>30487587
Another thread with useless advice. OP obviously does not have millions of pesos to spend on some Kevlar operator vest from cold steel.

Just tear up some phone books in 1"thick sections and line a jacket with them (back/sides/chest/forearms).

Get yourself a knife and read this: http://www.combatical.com/p/3-hand-held-weapons.html?m=1

Take threats seriously and don't be lazy. That's how Jamal will get you.
>>
>>30487678
I don't really care that much about £1000. As I said I've had alot of people start shit recently and I don't want to risk it. Even had a group try to stab me about 6 years ago. About 5 we had a guy climb into our garden with the help of the nearby restaurant because a group with knives was chasing him. Lol it was a surprise hearing someone saying hello whilst sitting in the living room.
>>
>>30487678
Also forgot to mention that owning armour is legal in the UK. But yeah cops are more likely to stop you with that. But the jacket I was looking at looks normal anyway.
>>
>>30487714
Nah I'm willing to spend a lot if I can have peace of mind.
>>
>>30487750
>>30487757
Anon you're missing the point.

Without a weapon you're in the same situation as always but now you have more shit to steal. You're ostensibly less squishy, but still vulnerable, especially to groups. That jacket might stop a wayward knife, and there's a lot to be said for that, but carrying some bear foam or pepper spray and getting some cardio would do a great deal more for you than that jacket.
>>
>>30487587
Bullet proof vest won't do shit against sharp implement. You should get a stab-proof vest for that, similar to the one used by bong paulice.

On the up side, stab proof vest are considerably thinner and lighter than a bullet proof vest
>>
>>30487587
You're gonna be skirting the law at best, or breaking it outright. Wearing a vest in plain view is asking for trouble, thick leather can help, but promax vests have been a cheap but helpful line. Vanish vests are nice too. Even better just google police surplus 2A vests, and pick the most easily concealed ones. None of these things can save your life, only you can do that with the appropriate decision making. And since you're a Britbong, carry a modeler's knife, say you play 40k. Good luck in the new caliphate.
>>
File: image.jpg (342 KB, 800x1133) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
342 KB, 800x1133
>>30487625
>>30487666
>>30487678
>>30487670
>in b4 OP becomes RoadBuster
>>
>>30487819
Pepper spray is illegal in the UK. And I do plan to carry something legal. You can buy pepper spray like products that instead shoot paint and they're legal.
>>
>>30487587
Buy a chainmail vest. Make sure it isn't made of butted rings.
>>
>>30487856
Is there some difference in the design then or something? Both are made of kevlar. Only difference is one has alot more of it.
>>
>>30487587
krav maga class & pick up a metal pen torch to use as a yawarra (tactical pens can be confiscated as they can be used for graffitti, seriously). Also: move.
>>
>>30487587
Chainmail. You could also be a fashionable stereotypical punk with it as well.
>>
>>30488099
Tried looking up places that teach it but none are close enough.

Also became very depressed within the last 18 months so I've ballooned up alot which won't be helpful in some martial arts classes.

For the last week or so since the mugging attempt I've tried pulling myself back together a bit so hopefully I can keep that up and start losing weight.
>>
>>30487587

OP look for puncture resistant gloves like those made for police officers. They will generally be talking about hypodermic needle puncture resistance. Some brands I found in five seconds of googling shows Turtleskin, 5.11 tactical, and Hexarmor. Watch YouTube videos and read reviews to see what works best. If the glove can stop a needle it can stop a much fatter blade.

This Blade runner company seems like all flash and no substance shit.

As for body protection don't get Kevlar ballistic armor. Things like Level II Level III etc. Because that is ballistic protection. Yes, Kevlar is a very tough substance and WILL provide some stab and slash resistance just due to its toughness, but it is a woven fiber at the end of the day. You want a dedicated anti-stab vest which will be once again marketed to police and prison guards. These have polymer plates that will stop knives, ice picks, and since it is a hard plate it will spread blunt damage around the whole plate, so something like a club or ax would also fail to actually kill you.

Something like a riding jacket is meant to stop high speed abrasion protection and provide padding. It would most likely stop knife slashes but a stab from a knife or ice pick is going right through.

IF you don't have the 1,000 dollars to drop on a vest AND wanted to be turbo-autistic you could try to make your own stab armor. I imagine a leather riding jacket lined with steel plates would be effective. Wouldn't stop a bullet, but if your main concern is Brad Pitts character from Snatch stabbing you with a rusty pen knife then that could be a lower cost option.
>>
>>30488304
So the choice is basically just do I want to risk being stabbed or shot. I suppose there is the option of wearing both. Ether a thin stab proof vest or a slash and minor stab proof piece of clothing underneath.

I know this sounds really autistic and over the top but I genuinely think I may be cursed with the amount of shit that flies my way. If the rest of my life is like the last 2 years then I'll probably die young.

Side note. Before the last 2 years I was a shut in who didn't go out much and when I did it was under circumstances that would have been safe. Part of the reason I became a shut in was the time a group of people tried to stab me and my dog. One also had a fuck huge chain. That was personal. Tried framing me for something he did and I said who actually did do it and he got done.
>>
>>30487587
£5 says your from up north.

Total shit hole.
>>
>>30488471
I'm within a dozen miles of Leicesterstan.
>>
>>30487959
>Pepper spray is illegal in the UK.

So is armor.

Are you serious about defending yourself or are you just here for roleplay advice?
>>
>>30489301
Looked it up earlier and I couldn't find any law against it. How about you link to it if your so well versed on British laws?

And if it's illegal then why can I buy bullet and stab proof vests on fucking Amazon.co.uk
>>
>>30488592
Yeah, a shit hole then.
>>
>>30487587
A gambeson and some quality mail.
>>
>>30489880
Lol that might be taking the autism to a extreme. I'd imagine functioning chain mail suits cost a fortune anyway.
>>
>>30487587
>What would you recommend for someone that doesn't want to be stabbed? I live in the UK but I don't mind importing the best as long as it's not some ultra rich man's thing or a meme worthy gimmick. Also some blunt impact protection might be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AObzrCwAga8
>>
File: jumponit.jpg (49 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
jumponit.jpg
49 KB, 750x500
I'd recommend this
>>
Plate armor
>>
>>30490209

It's like $300 for a decent riveted hauberk.

Autism would be a $2000+ titanium hauberk.
>>
File: IMG_0192.jpg (48 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0192.jpg
48 KB, 525x700
>>30487587

Dress in full plate armor and carry a longsword with you. If any police question you, tell them that they dare not interfere with the Queen's business.
>>
>>30490361
desu a rivet made vest would of costed a fucking ton like 10ish years ago, few people made them and the ones that did had to do all that shit individually.
Now a days people are just contact welding the joints a titanium one being welded would be a lot cheaper than one with rivets because it's less work to go over every ring and weld them shut while taking a lot less skill than putting in rivets.
>>
>>30488453

There are soft body armor vests with a pocket for anti-stab plates. They are different from vests that allow ceramic level III rifle plates in that they are generally thinner. If you ever see a police officer wearing a bullet resistant vest odds are it has the stab plates in also, like that scene from "Hot Fuzz" where the small town cops are giving Simon Peggs character shit for wearing his stab vest.

The thing about these sorts of vests is they are bulky and you will look like you are wearing a police officers armor, letting any assailant know you have armor on.

Honestly your best bet, as ridiculous as it sounds would be to take a riding leather jacket and line it with steel plates, making what is effectively a gambeson because it seems like Britain just wants you to get culturally enriched.
>>
File: Viking 3.png (415 KB, 589x766) Image search: [Google]
Viking 3.png
415 KB, 589x766
>>30490417

Not when you can get cheap indian labor to do the riveting.
Though there is also welded stainless hauberks that are only a scosche more expensive than the riveted stuff.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ex-Police-Aegis-UK-HG1-NIJ-L2-Stab-Bullet-Proof-Protective-Body-Armor-Vest-SV18-/191902591331?var=&hash=item2cae492963:m:m9UEXW6Jm7XAPaX0xN3Q-sQ

Level 2 medium short on the cheap for only 50 pounds on UK Fleabay site.
>>
>>30490588
Is chain mail actually very good at stopping a small blade with alot of force behind it? I was under the impression that it was mainly for slashing and weaker jabs.
>>
File: viking 4.png (349 KB, 590x763) Image search: [Google]
viking 4.png
349 KB, 590x763
>>30490651

It's pretty good, but you still need to maintain situational awareness and not fool yourself into thinking you're invulnerable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpFtVQlgLc
>>
File: IIIa+ & stab protection.jpg (154 KB, 620x673) Image search: [Google]
IIIa+ & stab protection.jpg
154 KB, 620x673
>>30488453
>>30487587
sounds like OP wants something like this.
Double it up with a motorcycle vest & gloves, and some surplus MK6 or riot helmet, and you're pretty good to go in case of riots start.
>>
>>30487587
dont worry about it much longer OP #brexit
>>
>>30487587

DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH
>>
>>30487959

This is sad as fuck. I am never going to the UK. I live in Canada and we're pretty cucked but you can at least carry a small knife without getting locked up.
>>
Move to America. We've got many states where dindus and the like are quite rare.
>>
File: dv.jpg (811 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dv.jpg
811 KB, 1920x1080
>>30490410

So far, this is the best answer in the thread.
>>
>>30487693
If the police don't bother enforcing the law then why are you worried about being arrested for having a gun?
>>
>>30492629
I'm cursed so if I carried a knife you can guarantee I'd be searched at some point for some reason.
>>
>>
Looks like the thread is dying and I'll probably be going to bed now. Might make another tomorrow as I've learned here a fair amount about what I probably shouldn't get and not so much what I should. Goodnight.
>>
>>30487587
BIN THAT KNIFE
>>
File: large.jpg (25 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
25 KB, 500x750
>>30487959
Pepper spray is illegal in UK. PEPPER SPRAY?!

No guns, no knives, no pepper spray. Is the UK gov a vault tec experiment on how vulnerable you can make a population before they riot?

All that's left is mean words, and the feminist are trying to get rid of those too.
>>
>>30494478
Pepper spray requires a license in some of the Scandinavian countries. Luckily, knifes are a-OK (not allowed to carry one tho'), and even guns are accessible.
>>
>>30490209
You'd actually be spending in the same range as a good plate carrier and level IV inserts and it would actually do the job.

Reproduction historical armor is pretty effective, you wouldn't want to try and fight a reasonably well practiced dude in a suit of plate without specialized weapons, or at least a longsword.

Basically you must become a HEMA fag, this will also provide justification for why you're walking down the street with a sword yourself.
>>
Get a stab vest. They're like $250.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/body-armor.html
>>
>>30487587
Just wear a gambeson and pretend its your taste in fashion. It is literally just a thick cloth coat, but that's what the medieval rank-and-file trusted their lives to. If it is made with modern materials then that's even better.
>>
>>30490410
This reminds me of how Terry Pratchett was knighted, oversaw the creation of his very own sword which he had to hide because of the stupid laws.
>>
>>30489691
>How about you link to it if your so well versed on British laws?

Actually I misread one of your previous posts and thought that you'd said earlier that armor was illegal when you said legal, that's my bad.

Still, these pepper spray alternatives are looking piss poor. As far as I can tell it's all just stinky gel that stains clothing.
>>
>>30496694
I'd imagine the material would have to be very thick and hot. And I'd rather something that covered more than just my torso if possible.
>>
>>30496593
I don't want something that doesn't cover much. That just seems to covers the front and back whilst leaving the sides exposed.
>>
>>30498383
There are layered cloth leggings and quilted trousers too. If it's too hot then just come out in winter and that's it.
>>
>>30487587
Man that armor design looks like fucking crap. They really fucked the fallout license
>>
>>30499721
Meh I prefer the fallout 3 designs. The old ones look to much like actual Knights armour. The straps and all that.
>>
just buy saw blades and tape em together. bam, shitty nigger-rigged stab armor.
>>
>>30499603
The sides are covered. I've worn body armor like that before. It doesn't overlap, but unless you're a fat pig, you'll be fine. If you're still nervous about side protection, they make side covers because its so common for cops to be overweight and not fit their armor.
>>
>>30487587
Get a gun.

Cops fuck with you, you can just shoot them. They can't shoot back remember?
>>
>>30501797
I am a fat pig.
>>
>>30501954
Lol I don't want to risk a knife let alone a gun.
>>
Just get a riveted chainmail hauberk OP. Worst case you'll be sued for hurting people's feelings and for causing RSI when they repeatedly try to stab through the mail and are unable to.
>>
>>30498383
>UK
>hot
>>
>>30505543
Well if you wear enough layers yes. And if your used to colder temperatures then some days are hotter than others. I'm also fat so that does not help.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.