[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slide Grip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 325453245.jpg (1 MB, 3234x2587) Image search: [Google]
325453245.jpg
1 MB, 3234x2587
Why does CZ or any gun manufacturer choose to build their guns with low profile slides in comparison to their overall size?
>>
>>30487348
Low bore axis and low sight axis
The P210 is one of the most accurate 9x19 guns that exists and it uses a low slide-in-frame design as well

Stock CZ 75 slides suck for a slide grip, but the TS models and other sport models have a wayyyy better checkering that makes it more comfortable to use
>>
>>30487369
>Low bore axis and low sight axis

hi noguns
>>
>>30487369
>go to gun store
>CZ in mind
>ergonomics feel like hand sex
>cant seem to get a good grip on the slide
>depression.jpg

now im spending the rest of my time trying to find comparable alternatives.
>>
>>30487383
What?
Obviously the frame design dictates how the slide is running inside it. But low bore and sight axis is a pro from the design. Why do you call me noguns over that?

A CZ 75 with a low axis is way more comfortable to shoot than a Sig with a fucktall one
>>
>>30487396
>But low bore and sight axis is a pro from the design.

That energy needs to come back and usually goes off to the side. Sigs go straight back, have you ever shot a Sig let alone a 1911?
>>
>>30487597
Somebody didn't pass their highschool physics class
>>
>>30487348

Because the slide rides inside the frame. If they made the slide normal height while keeping that design it would be fuckhuge.
>>
>>30487386
The only people I've ever known who have trouble with CZ slides are women like my 64 year old mother and my skinny 5'3" gf. This is because they both have zero upper body strength. Maybe you need to kys for being such a weakling and a pussy.
>>
>>30487348
>want an SP-01 badly
>can't find any in stock locally
>no one online has any

Why the fuck is this gun so hard to find?
>>
>>30487386
>>30487862
I'm a manlet with arms that are barely above wet noodles and I can rack an sp01 slide. Try it again anon, it can tricky at first but you can get over it definitely
>>
>>30487348
I am bumb fuckled by the amount of threads promoting these CZ shit tier weapons.
>>
>>30487935

I couldn't tell you, but I had that problem once also. CZ stuff in general is uncommon, but at least the P-07 and P-09 have become common. I remember it took over a year after the release before I finally saw a P-09, and I had seen maybe 3 P-07s even four years after it came out. But I could count on one hand the number of times I have a seen an SP-01 in real life.
>>
>>30487386
My wife has the same problem with my SP-01.
She loves to shoot it but uses a Glock due to the slide racking issue.
>>
>>30487348
It's just a matter of training, and, frankly, in normal shooting, you'll barely ever have to deal with it.
>slide is all the way forward
>insert first loaded magazine
>only time the profile of the slide matters
>shoot gun to empty, slide locks open
>insert new mag
>drop slide with slide release
>repeat for subsequent mags

>>30487369
>Low bore axis
Has nothing to do with accuracy.

>and low sight axis
Is a meaningless concept you invented just now.

>Stock CZ 75 slides suck for a slide grip, but the TS models and other sport models have a wayyyy better checkering that makes it more comfortable to use
HUH??? Do you not understand what part of the gun the "slide" is?

>>30487935
If /k/ is any indicator, most people shopping for CZs come to the same conclusion, that the SP-01 stands out in the CZ product line.
>>
>>30487935
I found one in the first gun store I visited in Phoenix, though I was looking for a 9mm rami. I called every single store in phoenix and only one had a rami, in 40 though w a decocker. I decided to go w the sp01
>>
>>30487386
pinch the slide instead of just putting your hand over it
>>
>>30487348
Because the frame wraps around the slide rails instead of the slide wrapping around frame rails like most other pistols.

It results in a lower bore axis, and the barrel has to drop less to be free. Overall it's just different, not really better or worse.
>>
File: Dailycc.jpg (38 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
Dailycc.jpg
38 KB, 550x367
I am by no means. Fucking buff. Hell my arms PUNY compared to what they should be if i just did like a couple of push ups or bench press a day.

And i have ZERO issues sliding back my 75

maybe you guys are not doing this right at all. How about you grab the fron part of the slide. ANd pull it towards your right shoulder. Hell i can even do it with my left hand holding the gun and im not left handed.

this is my 75. Sadly not as shiny, and i have little scratches underneat the barrel :'( fuck i need a new holster.
>>
My wife fucking hates my PCR so I'm selling it to a dude I work with and either getting a glock or a XDM to replace it with. Fucking wife.
>>
>>30488357
>HUH??? Do you not understand what part of the gun the "slide" is?

I think he just means that the slide serrations are more aggressive. My P-09 is almost cheese grater-tier.
>>
File: CZ-75bSatin_001.jpg (68 KB, 640x392) Image search: [Google]
CZ-75bSatin_001.jpg
68 KB, 640x392
>>30490572
Circle the part of the gun that you think is "the slide."
>>
>>30487597
Are you a ratard?
>>
Think I'm gonna get a P-07 as my next handgun.

Then I'll probably put an XC1 and some night sights on it and make it my new CC gun.
>>
>>30487369
>Low bore axis and low sight axis

That has fuck all to do with the question since the seemingly small slide is actually just less exposed because of how it rides inside the frame. Have you ever seen a glock?
>>
>>30491607

I'm not >>30487369

CZ-75 slide serrations do kind of suck considering how little real estate there is.

My first handgun was a 75b, so I don't have any problems, but going back and forth between different platforms you notice that it's more difficult to grip.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.