[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best multi tool for /k/ related stuff? Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10
File: Leatherman Wave.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Leatherman Wave.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
What's the best multi tool for /k/ related stuff?

Are there any multi tools made specifically for the range?
>>
>>30484604
leatherman mutt if you have an AR

that's pretty much it

oh and there's a special multi tool for sage stocks
>>
>>30484604
If you want a big one. Leatherman supertool is fucking amazing. It has everything and I haven't broken a thing on mine.
>>
>>30484604
You posted pic related. I love my Wave, never had an issue and nothing has broken on it. Got it in 2012 I think.
>>
The wave is probably the best. Supertool sucks ass. Too big for what it is. Rebar is nice too.
>>
>>30484604
SwissTools that are made for militaries could be a good guess. There are at least two and those aren't listed on the Victorinox website; one made for the Swiss military and other made for Finnish military.
>>
File: family_photo.jpg (846 KB, 2535x1901) Image search: [Google]
family_photo.jpg
846 KB, 2535x1901
>>30484604
the Wave is top-tier as far as multitools go. Pic related, get the extra bit sets if you can, they're really handy
>>
Any that cost less than fifty bucks?
>>
>>30484611
This MUT is God tier
>>
I've had an original Wave for about 8 or 9 years and it's still in excellent condition.
>>
Any innawoods fixed knife recommendations?
>>
>>30488407
I have an esee 6 that I like to cowadooty cosplay with.
For regular camping though, a Morakniv is fine. Coupled with bahco Laplander folding saw. This combo is extremely lightweight
If I ever did go truly innawoods however, I'd bring my esee and my kukri.
>>
knife, pliers, is basically all you really need on a multitool in my experience.

screwdrivers*, you might want them because why not but your probably just going to strip the screw head or not want to take it apart till you have a better screw driver to put it back in anyway.
>>
>>30488407
Enzo trapper
>>
Get a black wave if u wanna look badass. got mine in about 2013 if i'm not mistaken. Shit is sick.
>>
the best in the world is the wave but the wire cutters are bullshit so I got a rebar but no outside opening tools so not tactical enuff then got idea to put rebar jaws on wave now I always have a boner when fixing somthing
>>
File: 29-mut-fanned-black.jpg (21 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
29-mut-fanned-black.jpg
21 KB, 600x600
Leatherman MUT is actually intended for firearms
>>
File: Leatherman OHT.jpg (49 KB, 550x454) Image search: [Google]
Leatherman OHT.jpg
49 KB, 550x454
>>30484604
The OHT is a nice option for one handed use. Decent pliers with replaceable wire cutters, good blades, V cutter, saw and all tools lock and are outside accesable. They're anywhere from $65-$80
>>
>>30484604
best ever
>>
File: 1372854157217.jpg (334 KB, 1040x739) Image search: [Google]
1372854157217.jpg
334 KB, 1040x739
>>
I just hung myself 3 times. The first 2 time were successful but the last one wasn't.
>>
What multitool should I put in a pistol mag pouch on my D3CR?
>>
What's the best shtf multi tool?
>>
>>30488407
can confirm esee 6 is great mine has tons of use and all esee knives have lifetime warranty. pick a model that suits your needs best 4, 5 ,6 , junglas.
pick up some oil like balistol, a tugh cloth, or mineral spirits to keep it from rusting tho.

as for multi tools go leatherman or victorinox if you dont want pliers both companies have lifetime warranty.

the wave and rebar are my favorites, get the bit kit and extension to if going with the wave. If going with the rebar order the seperate leather sheath for it. dont use nylon like a fuck on a nice multi tool.

also as stated the mut was designed for ar rifles.
>>
>>30484604
>>30484611
>>30484660
>>30484680
>>30484704
>>30488358
>>30491756
>>30494351
>>30494600

>giving an anti gun fuck money
>>
File: 4.jpg (90 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
90 KB, 600x600
I ordered this piece of shit the other day for shits and gigs. I give it 2 serious uses before it completely shits itself.
>>
File: diagram.jpg (76 KB, 645x800) Image search: [Google]
diagram.jpg
76 KB, 645x800
No love for the Multitasker in this thread? It's got AR-15 specific tools and it's not a Leatherman.
>>
>>30495312
They make the best multitools homie.
>>
I EDC a Leatherman Kick but I dont know if they even make that model anymore.
>>
>>30495312
>telling others what to do with their money

mcfuckingkillyourself hommie
>>
>>30495489
A castle nut wrench is literally the most worthless thing you could ever put on a multitool. At no point should you even be thinking about using it if you're not in an environment like your shop.
>>
>>30484611
>>30488358
>>30494351
>>30484611

I have a AR, give me some good reasons why I should add a mut to my shtf pack. That things pricey and I rather spend it on some Gucci gun shit
>>
File: prettygud.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
prettygud.gif
3 MB, 480x270
I EDC a MUT, its fuckhuge but I dont really mind it. I put it in my lighter pocket in my jeans and its mean ass clip holds on like a god damn pitbull, too much sometimes but its still breaking in. The reason its fuckhuge is the hammer/boltoverride/strap cutter tool which I actually use the hammer portion of pretty often so its cool. The suprise favorite of mine is the bronze scraper thing. Its got the contour of a thin knife but its not sharpened and its easily replaceable so I use it for shit that I would usually be jamming my knife or a key into without worrying about dulling points or breaking shit. Otherwise its got the high end leatherman shit like replaceable wire cutters and the punch and brush attachment are useful when doing some shadetree gunsmithing. Only thing I miss from my wave is scissors, and I wish the little screwdriver holder part was a little more tenacious because it has fallen out a couple of times when I was using the pliers. I would give it a reccomend, but its not for everyone.
>>
>>30495945
Camping and need to change the stock before the ATF rolls up?
>>
>>30497548
You're already fucked. Having illegal parts in any findable vicinity of a stock weapon is the same as having a fully illegal weapon.
>>
Is there multitools without a knife? i already carry a knife. i really only need a screwdriver that uses standard hex bits not the weird proprietary flat hex that leatherman uses and pliers with wire cutters. i dont think such a tool exists
>>
>>30496295
>Give me some good reasons why I should add a mut to my shtf pack.

Go ask a Leather man salesman.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.