[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to build an AR and head over to my LGS for a lower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 800x556) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 800x556
>decide to build an AR and head over to my LGS for a lower
>they've got a bunch of Spikes Tactical lowers in stock
>they are all like pic related
>some autist was buying their "punisher" model when I came in

What do you guys think of these? I was hoping for something basic like their spider logo but I may be stuck with "parley", "plunder", and "arrrr" on my AR since everywhere else is sold out due to panic buying. They've also got the pirate lower with pictogram bullets for the fire selector, so that may not be too bad.
>>
pirates better than cockspider
>>
>>30483811
>What do you guys think of these?

spike makes good guns but their marketing is lame as fuck. I own a regular spider lower on a spike midlength. That, the crusader rifles and the gay ass punisher/fuck you jihadi bumper stickers that came with my gun.

If anything, get the honey badger logo.
>>
>>30483811
I think it's kinda silly but the pirate lower is fun as fuck, and only autist on /k/ pay attention to roll marks.
>>
>>30483811
any spikes lower is shit due to their crap roll marks.
>>
File: F1STLS020.jpg (126 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
F1STLS020.jpg
126 KB, 800x520
i wouldnt worry about it op. get whatever
>>
I don't put features on my firearms for political statement or to make them look more badass. Keep in mind that when you have to use it for self defense, there can always be the question of whether you had to or whether you were trigger happy. Punisher skulls, death's heads, Molon Labe, and such belong on t-shirts and bumper stickers, not guns.
>>
>>30483811
if it was just the jolly roger it would be pretty cool, but those fire control designations are top shelf cringe.

what's stopping you from ordering a fistful of anderson lowers or a billet lower upper combo? you have until november to prepare for 2012 tier panic buying if we're staring at the real chance of clinton AWB2: electric boogaloo.
>>
>>30483857
Woah we agree on something!

In my opinion the Spikes Tactical lowers are cringe worthy memeshit.

I don't want meme's on my killing tools.
>>
>>30483811
I have a crusader lower. Fight me
>>
>>30483961
Agreed. I'll try going for the Jolly Roger with pictogram combination. I still can't believe people buy those punisher models
>>
Does anyone make a blank lower, for less than a hundred bucks?
>>
>>30484177
royal arms. the catch being its billet, non standard looking, and OOS at aim
>http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1RAK15
>>
>>30484002
what a sight to see

>>30484177
royal arms or 80%
>>
>>30484200
I've been considering going the 80% route, though I don't have ALL of the tooling necessary and I'm pretty strapped.

>>30484191
Red pill me on "billet" here?
>>
>>30484222
it's machined out of a solid chunk of aluminum rather than being melted down and forgerd together. I think technically the forged lowers are a bit stronger than the billet ones. I'm no metallurgist though.
>>
>>30484374
Ah, I see. I'm not too worried about it then.
>>
>>30483821
Honestly, the spider is pretty neutral. With the pirate flag, you've got a connection to a bunch of cartoons and Hollywood movies, as well as to homosexuals, i.e., butt pirates. With the spider, you've got a connection to one comic book hero and that's about it.
>>
>>30484432
And cocks. Don't forget that connection
>>
>>30484442
Do you not understand what "butt pirates" means?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2902x2177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2902x2177
>>30483811
>current year
>not getting a lower w/o any cringe roll marks

Lmao. Only exception is the M&P lowers
>>
>>30484469
how many years will it take for you to drill a hole?
>>
>>30484473
30,484,473 or so.
>>
>>30484469
Where's the serial number?
>>
>>30484431
yeah I doubt it would matter in a range toy, similar to chrome lined barrels, even though I refuse to buy a gun without one, well except for my sks but its still in cosmoline so its fine.
>>
>>30484479
Then stop fucking posting until you do.
>>
File: 792b5d7a.jpg (47 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
792b5d7a.jpg
47 KB, 480x640
>>30484455
He means this fagboi
>>
>>30484374
>>30484431
That's pretty much it. Forged should be a little stronger due to grain flow, but some of that is erased when they solution heat treat and age (assuming they're using 6061/7075-T6). Machining also gives you a very small amount of cold work on the surface. Largely though it's a matter of preference, and from what I've seen forged lowers tend to be a little cheaper.
>>
>>30484483
>80% lower

>>30484490
No u
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 800x534
>people actually buy these
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.