[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you see people open carrying where you live?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 1368x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 1368x768
How often do you see people open carrying where you live?
>>
>>30472236
>CO
Probably no more than 5 times my whole life
>>
It's legal to open carry where I live. Don't need a licence or anything.

>Nevada sure is greaaat
>>
Not enough.
>Central PA
>>
>>30472269
Same here
>Eastern PA
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 1016x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 1016x568
>NJ
>Fucking never
>>
>>30472236

Literally never.

>ATL
>>
am i a faggot for wanting that we the people tattoo??
>>
Don't see it to often I'm sure most people cc.
Out of all the gun owners I know only one of them open carries all the time.

>southern AZ
>>
>SW Michigan
Once in a while, probably 3 or 4 times since I moved back here last June. Unfortunately it's been a taurus or something in a shitty nylon airsoft holster all but once

Back in NC I saw people open carrying like once or twice a week, but I lived in Fayetteville so there were a lot more guys carrying there.
>>
Northeast ohio, only once but he was an off-duty cop so doesn't really count?
>>
Kentucky here.
All the time. There's an old guy around here who OCs a SAA.
>>
>>30472379
Same thing. Only Indiana and it was a retired cop.
>>
South Ky.
See it now and then. Supermarkets and Wal-mart mostly. Nobody seems to care.
>>
I see it in a weird way...ppl around here will not do normal OC....they all do it like this.
>>
File: 4428336_orig.jpg (315 KB, 770x768) Image search: [Google]
4428336_orig.jpg
315 KB, 770x768
>>30472510

Shit, pic related.
>>
>>30472527
The way I see it, that's better. More secure and close to your body, even if it is uncomfortable.
>>
>>30472269
Better than SE PA...
>>
>>30472366
>sw MI
Kalamazoo?
>>
>>30472236
never seen a civilian OC before actually, good i say because its fucking retarded.

I've noticed plenty of people CC'ing before.
>>
>>30472236
Florida fag, so unfortunately, never. Took a trip to Tennessee and saw a guy open carrying a five seven walking into a gas station and another guy with a 1911 going into Cabela's. Pretty interesting to see after 20 years of only seeing cops open carrying
>>
>north central Kentucky

I've only ever seen them in gun shops.
>>
>>30472236
>roman numerals used to represent a percentage, which is intrinsically a decimal based concept.

God that's as dumb as writing it "0.0III"... Actually it would make more sense as "III/C". Yes I number autist hard!
>>
Never.

Tons of people CCL in Memphis, though, for obvious reasons.
>>
Owner of a pawn shop in town carries a Sig on his hip erreday.
>>
>>30472261
Saw a guy in Vegas on the Filmore OCing a .45 Hi-Point.
>>
I've opened carried once here in Texas since it's now legal. It just felt weird. Nobody really cared, but to me it just felt a little too different.

I've seen a couple people open carry, but I don't pay much attention either.
>>
Mooresville NC, see people oc all the time, and tons of people have cc permits.

Saw three at the Mexican restaurant tonight.
>>
>>30472236
Never.

I live in NY :(
>>
Tucson Az, I dont know anyone that open carries, but ive seen lots of motorcyclists doing it. In pawn shops andI gun stores I think its policy for everyone to carry although some choose to CC and others OC. Besides that ive seen a few other people do it but everyone Ive met that carries CCs.
>>
>>30472527
how do I prevent this from hapening outside of tucking my shirt in ?
i just started carrying and while I think I finally found a good holster I still am worried about printing or whatever this is called.
>>
>>30472236
>Utah
Not counting Police in uniform or gunstores or people on the job at security or armoured car.

twice. once a guy entering an olive garden as I was leaving (might have been a Security guard getting off duty)

and once more just this past week at Walmart, some old bald guy with a mustache and a glock in a shoulder holster.
>>
Multiple people at tulalip cabelas. My wife saw a mother shopping with her kids at the Burlington mall. Guy at gas station in lake Stevens. Dyke couple in granite falls take morning walks both OCing. Notice a lot of cc too.

>legal in washigton
>>
File: 1367100722574.jpg (84 KB, 690x905) Image search: [Google]
1367100722574.jpg
84 KB, 690x905
>>30473746
thats not printing.

printing is when your clothes are too tight and outline the Concealed weapon. to fix, Looser clothing.

To prevent the pic you replied too, Longer shirt.

>is that a gun in your pants or are you just happy to see me?
>>
>>30472236
>MD
Never, though it's technically legal, I've had a State Trooper tell me (at a conceal carry class, no less) that "That's how smart ass punks get fucking shot."

The same officer told me that body armor was illegal for "Civilians," to own. Maryland blows.
>>
>>30472236
Once. I work at a grocery store and I've seen one of my regulars (who is an armored car driver) with her usual holstered sig but she was wearing a sweater over her uniform so she looked like a "regular civilian" and management tried to get me to ask her to leave. Lol.
>>
>>30473831
Body armour is not illegal in Maryland. It's only illegal to wear body armour while committing a felony in Maryland
>>
>>30473948
I'm not disagreeing - hell, there's a statute that says that if you've got a license to conceal carry, you're permitted to open carry at all times as long as you have your permit.

But the cops here don't give a fuck. They don't know the law, nor do they give a single shit about enforcing it. Baltimore Riots were more then enough to convince me of that fact.
>>
Rural NM.
Not all that often unless outdoors.
We don't get spurgs with rifles in Wal-Mart.
>>
One man like 20 years ago.
Aside from police just average person.
>>
File: f80.jpg (12 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
f80.jpg
12 KB, 367x202
Never
>>
>>30472331
no, but you are a faggot for being concerned with what people on an anonymous image board would think of it
>>
>>30472236
I have a tattoo on my arm as well but mine is 40 times cooler since I fucking earned it.
>>
>>30472236
OC besides innawoods use is banhammered in florida due to old democrat laws to keep niggers disarmed, but everytime I go off alligator alley there's like 5-10 groups of people shooting illegally
>>
>>30475665
Is it a shitty "MOLDY LABIA, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!" type tattoo?

How many dicks did you suck to "earn" something like that?
>>
>>30475665
Yeah we'll see about that. Story time, go.
>>
>>30472236

Eh every once in a while. It's not terribly uncommon to see someone carrying in the grocery store or at a convenience store or something. Usually picking something up on the way to the range. Not an every day thing but common enough that you don't lose your shit just because you see a guy with a pistol on his hip.
>>
I'm on the Midwest (Indiana) so I see OC almost every day

In Walmart I counted 5 people OCing, pretty cool

I work in an auto shop, and the worst issue we have is people leaving guns openly on their seats

Guys called me out because there was a Beretta 96 cocked and not holstered in a guys passenger seat

Customer apologized and reholstered, which was still on his belt the entire time... wtf
>>
>>30475707
It is a combat parachutist's badge. I jumped into combat. Fair enough, sport?
>>
North Alabama.

I probably see someone open carrying once every two weeks or so. Really>>30475775
the only time we hear about any shootings is when it's black people shooting other black people.

Except for recently this one chick with what was probably schizophrenia that shot her husband in the head. I think she has two kids. Shame.
>>
>>30472331
Yes
>>
>>30475811
>>30475775
Sorry, didn't mean to quote
>>
>>30472236
I've never seen anyone open carry in my area. in fact, most pro gunners I know irl talk the talk but don't walk the walk and actually carry a ccw at all...or really even know jack shit or dick about this states carry and firearm laws to begin with.
>union co. Ohio

in fact, I've only seen 2 people in my whole life OC. Both were in Hampton VA.

one was a young black man who had his holster very poorly affixed to his saggy pants, who likely was doing so because he simply couldn't afford a ccw permit, and the other was a store owner at a smoke shop that had a reputation for getting robbed.
>>
>>30473746
lose clothing (esp. pants, for real) and plaid shirts.

plaid helps confuse the eye and break up patterns. hence why all of 5.11's "covert" shirts are fucking plaid.

another thing to consider is carrying in a different position. for instance, when I carry on my hip, if I bend, my magwell prints hardcore...but if I carry in small of the back, i look fine...unless I wear tighter pants. then I look like a Khoisan gayman.

also, start practicing squatting instead of bending to pick shit off the ground. when you bend, you increase the likelihood of magwell printing.
>>
>>30472236

I live in a small town in Wisconsin. For a few weeks there was some nut who stood on a street corner on the edge of town with cardboard signage about rights to carry. The only other time I've seen it was a teenager carrying what appeared to be some kind of single action revolver.

If you ever consider open carrying, these are the sort of people you're going to be associating yourself with; unemployed, overly politicized nutjobs and children who want to be cowboys when they grow up. There's really no reason to do it in the first place.
>>
>>30475895
Take a trip up here to Vermont. People do it all the time.

I heard it is the same down in Arizona.
>>
>>30475922
>unemployed, overly politicized nutjobs
You are far from the truth.
>>
>>30475665

Are you some proud Amuricun marine or a Maori war scout? Either way you sound like a nigger with anachronistic ideas about the world and daddy issues.
>>
>>30475775
So you got a tattoo to commemorate something. Congrats. That's why many people get them.
>>
>>30475922

Are you in the Madison area?

There's a teenager that OCs a single action in a cheap fabric holster all the time

He always wears gym shorts, slip on sandals and a workout shirt
>>
>>30475932
You envy me. I get it.
>>
Gold Coast Australia

Multiple times every day, the police are fucking everywhere around here, the bikers mostly conceal
>>
>>30475935
>Congrats
Thank you.
>>
One time hiking in Tucson ran into a guy carrying a rifle on his shoulder. It wasn't hunting season either. Other than that only in gun shops. I joined the navy and moved out of TX before OC was legal so none there.
>>
>>30472236
Here in Las Vegas I see it all the time. Just the other day I saw a couple at the grocery store both open carrying.
>>
>>30475954
No problem. I also hereby bestow upon you the right to tattoo yourself with a 4chan logo to commemorate this exchange. You've EARNED it.
>>
I'd say about a dozen times in the 20 years I've been in Vegas, haven't really looked though.
>>
>>30475929

Yea, I'm sure the manager of the local supermarket or the one of the foremen at the local factory decided to take a week off from their responsible, steady, socially-valuable jobs and stand on a random street corner in whogivesafucksville, WI, with a cardboard sign and a rifle. I'm sure he did this from a profound, well-grounded belief that carrying weapons openly in public is cornerstone to his mobility in society, and not because Faux news told him federal swat teams funded by Obama would rape his son if he didn't.

Cuz that's what responsible, sane people do with their spare time instead of coaching little league games or biking or maintaining their homes.
>>
>>30475980
I'm stepping out on a limb right now but I wager you're voting for Hillary.
>>
>>30475939

No, SE wisconsin, close to IL border.
>>
Civilian? Never. Only cops & military can OC here.
>>
>>30475975
You are not as clever as you believe you are.

Plus, I did something significant in my lifetime. You are one shy of me.
>>
>>30475998

He dun doo the smart talkin', that 1 thar votin' fer teh revenuers.

Got 4 fucks to spend; Fuck Hillary, Fuck Trump, fuck this country. Still one left, guess you can have it.
>>
>>30476008

You ought to get back on that plane cause this one went right over your head.
>>
>>30476010
>fuck this country
You are invited to leave, hot shot.
>>
>>30476033
Really? Are you this dumb?
>>
>>30472236
NZ here. Never. Not ever police.

Occasionally the Armed offenders get called out and they have assault rifles, but that usually only happens if someone is reported with a gun, and thats a roughly once-in-every-5-years occurrence.

The laws here for handguns mean you have to have a safe to keep it in, and be part of a gun club. You can only take the handgun out of the safe to take it the gun club.
>>
Not much since we got constitutional carry
I see it often in NH

Asked a cop in SF about their open carry laws and he was perplexed why I would want to carry a gun in Cali
>>
>>30472951
Just imagine you OC walking right pass a crowd of liberals in Starbucks, and every single one of them are looking at you funny.
Maybe that will boost your confidence a little bit more.
>>
>>30472236
Only seen one person OC where I live besides myself, was a pretty cool guy.
>>
File: 20160312_210002.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
20160312_210002.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>30472269
I dont think ive ever seen somone in PA open carrying. Out of boredom this weekend im going to go open carry and see how it goes.
>>
My nigger neighbors brandish at each other every day. Never leave your suburbs/land, lads. Cities are a trash heap.
>>
File: uspaflag.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
uspaflag.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>30472301
If I'm in the boondocks I'll OC because I live in a "city of the first class" and that is a huge no-no in philly.
"If there's a paved road leading to your house don't OC" is how I try to live.
I love my city but I'm grateful to the rest of PA for keeping our pols in check when it come to guns.
>>
>>30472236
Like once a year when I'm working with a legislative office in Richmond VA. We have open carry day at the capitol and a bunch of VCDL guys walk around open carrying for a day.

And even though it happens every year and no one gets hurt, it never does fail to get the antis bent out of shape.
>>
>>30476166
Remember to make a video so you can show everyone how cool you are.
>>
>>30473831
Well I guess it's time I started OCing. I can take one for the team if it means uncucking my favorite state a bit.
>>
>>30472236
>DFW
i know there's a bunch but i never see them, it's just me around where i work and live.
>>
>>30472236
I live in VT, I've seen people OC innawoods, that's it. Can anyone confirm if OC is legal otherwise?
>>
>>30475811
Yeah, I live not too far from where that happened. Shitty low income family with drug issues and when her 17 and 22 year old daughters wanted to leave, she shot them both. Damn shame...
>>
>>30472236
It's been six months here in Texas but I have yet to see someone OC and I don't feel like doing it myself
>>
>>30476521
State wise, oc and even cc is legal in VT without needing a license. You guys have some of the best fun laws in the country.
>>
>>30472559
Yup
>>
>>30472236

I've seen 1 person OC before.

>some dude and his wife in a wendys in western nc
>>
>>30472331

Maybe
>>
>>30472555
>SE PA
Mein negger. What county? /delco/ here.
>>
Yuma/Phoenix - Every once in a while, once a week or two. Just when they're open carrying though, I assume there's a lot of CC. Never seen someone carry something other than a handgun outside either
>>
>>30472236
I live in Texas. The only person that I've seen openly carry since it became legal are police and me.
>>
I actually saw a guy doing it last night
>>
>>30472257
Weld here, saw a younger guy carrying at a subway recently. Only other times in the past couple years were in gun shops.

Probably 1 in 5 men you see will be ccing though.
>>
>>30472379
Ne ohio here too, from around Youngstown, you?

my gf's dad open Carry's around his neighborhood and cc other places. besides that I've never seen it in public
>>
Pretty often in Washington state. No license needed.
>>
>>30472236
>SC
Never, it's a felony
>It's also SC, letting most of these chucklefucks own a gun is already pants-on-head retarded
>It always amazes me how low the rules are to get a CC, and fully 1/5th of every class I run has folks failing out for various reasons
>>
>>30477749
>letting most of these chucklefucks own a gun is already pants-on-head retarded

Can you do us a favor and never touch a firearm ever again? Elitism is very unbecoming of such a lady. Thanks.
>>
>TX
Once
Yesterday at LGS/Range
>>
Phoenix here, see it every single day, and in sure many many more CC.
>>
>>30476774
Uh... no, that's a different case than I'm talking about but damn, that's fucked
>>
>>30472236
Fairly regularly. They don't stand out and no one seems to care.

Central Alabama reporting.
>>
>>30477770
I'm a deputy and as a side gig I teach CC and hunting safety classes. The amount of ignorance when it comes to firearms is astounding, especially in a state as pro-gun as mine is.

Every class, I automatically DQ at least two participants because "Leave your firearm secured in your vehicle until instructed to retrieve it. If it can't be secured, bring it to the RO who will secure it in the range safe," isn't a request, it's an order, and you won't pass the class if you can't follow simple instructions.

I've arrested prohibited possessors (six in the last eight months.) They're stupid. Seriously, it's "Ok, I'm reading this and it's saying that I can't get a license while I have an active restraining order. What about (XYZ?)" No, not only can you not get a license, it's a felony for you to have the gun you were going to use for this class until the order is lifted.

And that's the tip of the iceberg. The majority of folks who are from SC, not transplants through the military or school or work, are about as dumb as they can be. There's a definite reason that some cities are much, much better in this state than others.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.