[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Open Carry vs. CCW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: openCARRY_09.jpg (76 KB, 960x727) Image search: [Google]
openCARRY_09.jpg
76 KB, 960x727
What exactly is the benefit of OC vs. CC?

With CC you get the element of surprise against a bad guy.

With OC you just attract attention.
>>
>>30470061
Lot's of states that requires you to be licensed to carry concealed will allow you to open carry without having to be authorized
>>
>>30470061
>Implying Jamal has the mental capacity to look for OC before going full nig
You're more likely to get hassled by an Everytown soccer mom than "tactically compromised" for open carry.
>>
>>30470061
>Uniformed police should CC

Yeah
>>
Social experimentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKGZnB41_e4
>>
>>30470127
No one is saying that, it is assumed cops already have guns.

Everyday joes shouldn't.
>>
File: 1467231797481.png (610 KB, 688x720) Image search: [Google]
1467231797481.png
610 KB, 688x720
>>30470061
I CC when I'm fucking around public places suck as:
>theater
>restaurant
>mosque
>work
>the park

I OC when I
>hunt
>do shit around my house
>hike
>camp

Just don't see the point of OC at Walmart
>>
>>30470159
damn,

I think its more about clothing choice than anything.

Dress like a thug, get treated like one. Dress in a polo, get treated nice.
>>
>>30470171
Everyday joes should be armed to the teeth, you anti-Constitutionalist
>>
>>30470212
>mosque
Why Ahmed, why do you do this.
>>
>>30470249
>>30470249
For what purpose do you need to show it off?

Why do you need to OC knowing the reaction it will get from people?
>>
>>30470212
I also CC when I'm doing everything but the following:

Taking a shit
Taking a shower
Sleeping
Fishing
Camping
>>
>>30470171
Why not?
If they are responsible and dependable, especially if to the point of taking courses/practicing regularly, I am all for it.
And even if they aren't, it's not your right to tell them they can't until MAYBE, they fuck up, and even then there is always that pesky little 2nd amendment. Sure, people keep shitting all over it, but it's still there.
>>
>>30470212
>Just don't see the point of OC at Walmart
this
>>
>>30470212
>OC at wal-mart

Sometimes I want to carry the handgun I want to carry without it being too impractical to CC, or change my clothing in order to do so. I hate feeling like I have to compromise in ammo count, grip size, and features in order to CC.

But I can understand OC makes people uncomfortable in purple states, but that is also why I don't live there.
>>
>>30470061
Benefit:
>more comfy on your spare tire
>muh real man, m'lady
>>
>>30470288
You're just carrying a fucking sidearm. Why do you believe it is "showing off?" Are cops "showing off" when they have a firearm?
>>
>>30470228
That's still not even remotely ok.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say in the 2nd amendment "but none of this applies if you don't dress like you're about to go to work".
>>
>>30470228
black shirt and jeans makes someone a "thug"
>>
>>30470061
I live in one of the highest crime cities in the country. If I'm walking downtown OCing no one is going to come up and panhandle or fuck with me because they'll see I'm strapped.

Why wait for them to fuck with you before pulling out your weapon when having them know you're armed will prevent them from fucking with you in the first place?
>>
OC is for spergs

>m-m-m-muh rights

yeah, and you risk losing them because you open carrying like a faggot puts normal people on edge
>>
>>30470061
To me, it's not so much as one vs the other. it's the fact that stupid ass laws regarding keeping your shit concealed, printing, brandishing, etc... get tossed to the wayside where they belong.
>>
>>30470553
Yes.
>>
>>30470212
>mosque
triggered.
Oh w8 is b8
>>
Call me a slob, but I work from home and rarely go anywhere that requires anything but an untucked T-shirt. I just don't see any need to change my dress style to accommodate OC since I'm comfortable CCing a small auto and have always drilled drawing from concealment.

If I ever found a really great OWB retention holster for my CZ-75 and had the /fa/ sensibilities to tuck in my shirt I might change my tune. I'm definitely a better shooter with a fullsize auto.

As far as benefits and downsides of OC vs CC, it's a wash.
>>
>>30470061
Quicker draw time and it's comfier.
>>
>>30470061
OC -> easiest access to your weapon, vast majority of criminals don't actually want to shoot anyone so will avoid confrontation

CC -> element of surprise, won't trigger any literal crazy people
>>
>>30470561
>implying i won't shoot you for matching that shirt with those shoes
>>
>>30471977
>is that a Glock with those Armani's?
>is this nigga serious?
>*blam blam*
>>
>>30470288
I can't conceal my deagle brand deagle so I just wear it on a side chest holster like a badass.

Sounds like your just fucking jealous.
>>
File: american_cat.jpg (56 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
american_cat.jpg
56 KB, 500x377
My local theater has a no guns sign in the parking lot as you pull in. What would be the legal ramifications if say you carried in the theater anyways and someone came in and went full Aurora and you shot them?
>>
>>30472288
You'd likely get taken to court by the business owner but technically it's not like a Gov't Building or protected building like a Hospital or pharmacy that issues narcotics and as long as they don't sell liquor you're likely good on the legal side of things but I'd advise you ask a lawyer to be sure.
My family all CC everywhere except for gov't facilities though
>>
>>30472288
Depending on your state of residence, those signs may not carry any legal consequences at all for disobeying them.

If they do, you may still be charged and convicted because you broke the law. A lot depends on the DA.

It's entirely geographical. In TX, you'd get a medal. In downtown NY, you may still go up the river.

None of this even touches whether somebody may file a civil suit.
>>
>>30472288
Honestly it doesn't matter. If you don't get Aurora'd no one will know. If you DO get Aurora'd, you better fucking have your gat.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.