[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/unts, 19yo almosthasguns here, building an AR-15. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4
File: Tactical_Doggo.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
Tactical_Doggo.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Hey /k/unts, 19yo almosthasguns here, building an AR-15. I'm in the waiting period here in FL before I can go pick up my lower, a stripped Anderson milspec. Picked up a cheapo PSA parts kit and a PMAG, how'd I do? What should I get next? Should I fuck off to /arg/?
>>
Nah, you'd be better off not joining the money spending contest that is /arg/.
>>
>>30467609
Cute doggo
>>
>>30467622

yeah, I noticed that they spend quite a bit over there. I make $390 a paycheck as a garbage man, I cant afford all that shit lol

>>30467629

thanks senpai
>>
bumperoony
>>
bampa

I know what parts I still need, I just want some recommendations on inexpensive brands
>>
>>30467871
AlmosthasAR here.
I just got some stuff from primaryarms. Idk how you're going to do the upper but I ordered a radical arms melonite barrel kit $124, (just got back in Stock) as well as get other parts haven't arrived yet. (Anderson upper, lower parts, mags etc) oh it was them having a sale on missionfirst bms stock ($15 off) and i think a buffet kit that prompted the first order. Waiting for the bolt carrier I want to come back and my tnarms lower to stock/ship. Then I'll still need a grip and handguard and sights
>>
>>30468500

I was planning on getting a BCG, upper receiver and upper build kit from PSA for about $325 overall before tax, then getting Anderson gas block and tube and a Brownells barrel for about $204. Trying to cut costs without sacrificing quality, any suggestions?
>>
>>30468500
if youre still here, brownells has a 16" 5.56 NATO barrel for $90
>>
>>30468641
If you're going to splurge on any parts make it the barrel followed by the trigger and then BCG.
>>
>>30467609
Now welcome to the stage where you buy a couple single use tools to assemble your lower. I really did not want to fuck up my shit on the first try so I spent about $40 on trigger guard tool, bolt catch punches, and the front takedown pin install tool. You can do it all without special tools say by using an appropriately-sized alen key instead of the front pin tool.
>>
>>30470328
thanks alot, that wasn't something i was excited about getting, so its good to know i dont have to
>>
>>30468641
No suggestions from me, my first build too.
>>30470259
Is it melonited? I already ordered the radical arms one, melonited, comes with gas block and tube appealed to me. I'm not sure if it comes with a barrel nut though
>>
>>30471538
im not sure what it means for a barrel to be melonited, so probably not
>>
>>30467609
I like your doggo.
>>
>>30467609
There is no wait for long guns in florida faggot.
>>
>19yo
>buying a lower
does not compute
>>
>>30471754

gave my dad cash for a lower

>>30471698

ar15 lowers can be built into "pistols", so the law requires a 3 day waiting period unless you have a concealed carry permit. faggot.
>>
>>30471562
It's a barrel treatment to make it more resistant to corrosion and wear, and I think reduced friction
Also Yeah cute pup
>>30471698
Lol I was wondering that too, walmart does, my county at least, but not gun shop
>>30471754
Why?
>>
>>30471794
You're 19 and can't purchase a handgun in florida faggot. I literally just bought two lowers today for the holiday, no wait and no cwp.
>>
>>30471809
you have to be 21 to buy a lower from a lgs
>>
>>30471754
>>30471794
>>30471821
>>30471822
Ohhh didn't think of it that way/know that. W/e guess I'm waiting 3 days...After I wait for them to stock/arrive...That's kinda retarded though as they aren't a complete gun, I though the point of that law was to prevent a POed spouse or whatever from offing their girl(or guy) in a burst of rage or something...which they would never do with a shotgun
>>
>>30467609
You should join the daily ARGs if you spend thousands on making your rifle look stupid, and never fire it. Everyone else just watches and laughs.
>>
>>30471870
t. poorfag
>>
>>30471884
derriere damaged much lol
>>
>>30471794
I totally missed the straw purchase admission here.
>>
should i start a budget ar15 thread? seems like that's an untapped reader base, and it could get more people into ARs

>>30471916

its all good if he transfers it to me friendo :^)
>>
>>30471910
>derriere
hows freshmen year?
>>
>>30471916
Lmao I saw that and was like "idk if typing that will set off some nsa bot or something" not like the info would go anywhere useful
>>
>>30471916
immediate family members is not a straw purchase, its a gift.
>>
>>30471943
Giving someone money to make the purchase for you is a straw purchase by definition. Hope op doesn't have a dog.
>>
>>30471952
are you retarded?
>>
>>30471925
>>30471952
>>30471954
Naw he's right, that guy who bought a pistol for his uncle and sold/transferred it to him got fucked
>>
>>30471962
you dont transfer it you GIFT it. fucking idiots
>>
>>30471928
you're off by about 20 years, but good try!
>>
>>30471962
http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/abramski-v-united-states/
Make your dad tell them it's a gift or something
>>
>>30471943
Wrongo my friendo.
>poster is unable to buy particular firearms
>poster provides funds for qualified individual to go by gun for him
>poster and purchaser are now criminals
As opposed to
>posters dad goes and buys poster the gun poster wants
>gives gun to poster
>poster gives dad money out of feeling of guilt
>no crime committed
>>
>>30471971
HE said he'll transfer it. Unless that was someone giving a suggestion, sometimes confusing here with no id...
>>
>>30471981
its not illegal for OP to own the lower so a gift is OK. this is how people 18-20 can get handguns. you are fucking retarded
>>
>>30471981
This or buy your dad a tool or something he's looking for.
>>
>>30471976

officially we're building it together, and he's actually getting into the whole project so that aint even a lie

>>30471989

no, yeah, that was me, OP. not trying to break any laws, ill have him gift it when we finish it
>>
>>30471981
its not illegal for OP to own a stripped lower ya idiot. are you telling me 18yo cannot be gifted handguns? you are stupid
>>
>>30471996
It's the giving of money that makes it illegal. Op could not legally purchase and had someone else do it. It's already been explained how to make it a legal deal, so you must be the retarded one.
>>
File: heavensno.gif (3 MB, 471x325) Image search: [Google]
heavensno.gif
3 MB, 471x325
>>30472024
itsss not illegal ya fucking retardddddddd.
>>
>>30471996
It's not illegal for 17yr Olds to carry in Vermont, also as equally irrelevant as your comment. Op paid someone to fill out a 4473 he could not, this is a straw purchase. His dad buying him the lower was not the crime, anon's intent was.
>lrn2atf asshat.
>>
>>30472020
No a straw purchase is illegal is what we're saying idiot.
>>30472007
Then I'm no layer but I wouldn't suggest doing an "official" transfer, if that's what your even referring to. And yeah that case kinda spooked me cause I actually ordered 3 lowers, 1 for my dad as a gift and I can't remember if the form has a spot for that. I'll let the guy know straight up.
>>
Jesus Christ you people sure make things difficult. Here's a magic tip to make it all easier: don't talk about it, don't go committing crimes with your new gat, move on with life.
>>
File: PROBLEM.gif (301 KB, 136x240) Image search: [Google]
PROBLEM.gif
301 KB, 136x240
so many retards itt
>>
>>30472007

that line reads weird. i meant to say that i was OP
>>
>>30472051
i know a straw purchase is illegal. they are saying a gift is a straw purchase, which is wrong.

>>30471981 is completely retarded
>>
>>30472062
In florida it's easy to get it "transfered" to you. A bill of private sale can actually say gift instead of an amount. However there isn't really a need to do it. All of my gifted firearms have never had paperwork to track them. We don't have to here. You need to be careful what you say in the future because what you did is actually illegal. Lucky for you there are plenty of ways to sidestep amd keep on the good side of the law.
>>
>>30472064
Well then we need more people like you writing laws/being in atf/sitting on Supreme court Is all I can say...But you're still wrong, op originally said he paid his dad to buy him a firearm he couldn't, it seems we misinterpreted and it was a gift this whole time
>>
>>30472120

Op mobile posting here. Yes, that is indeed what I meant, my autism makes it hard for me to express myself very well :^)
>>
>>30472064
The problem is that this is not a gift.
>gave my dad cash for a lower
Op is a legal adult, 19, with knowledge of the laws, and is knowingly circumventing them.
I have seen "don't lie for the other guy" so many fucking times, op is comitting a straw purchase.
>>
>>30472162
Op misstyped, he was loaning his dad money so he could afford his gift and make his dream come true
#FatherSonGoals
>>
>>30472184
Then he better wizen up and watch what he says, if this happened at a gun store he could have been reported to the batfe, and by the letter of the law been convicted.
>>
So, getting back to what may or may not have been the purpose of the thread, can anybody recommend me some inexpensive but not shit ar15 parts for the build my dad and I are doing?
>>
>>30467609
since when does florida have a waiting period? my friend said it was cash and carry the same day
>>
>>30470328
>>30470595
>I spent about $40 on trigger guard tool, bolt catch punches, and the front takedown pin install tool.

A $20 set of basic punches and a smallish flat-head screwdriver is really all you need.
>>
You can't buy a stripped lower through an FFL under 21 in the United States dumbass
>>
>>30471943

Bruh it says right there on the 4473 ARE YOU THE ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER OF THIS FIREARM

Family don't matter if you're giving someone cash to buy a gun
>>
>>30472374
oh look its retarded
>>
ITT literal dumb fuck niggers

A gift is something that is given without receiving consideration. There are legal definitions for gifts. A loan of money in the same amount does constitute fucking consideration to any court who can prove such a thing. There is very little in the way of getting off on technicalities and """wink wink nudge nudge loopholes""" when it comes to actually finding yourself being prosecuted.

If it is cash OP gave, well, how is anyone ever going to prove it? Simple answer is they fucking aren't. If OP was so stupid as to Venmo dad and say "AR lower" with the description, write him a check, so on and so forth, well, nice knowing you, moron.

People go to prison for 20 years for falsifying loan statements when daddy fronts them down payment money for a house and 5 years later a deposit for that same $50,000 down payment is transferred back to daddy with an easy to find paper trial if said individual is already being looked at for other reasons.
>>
>>30472471
Why would your dad loaning you down money for a house be illegal?
>>
>>30472682
It's fraud, and IIRC that particular episode of the wire is based on a real Baltimore case
>>
>>30467609
Feed your Carolina-Dog 1 scoop in the morning and 1/2 a scoop in the afternoon, she's getting fat. Still a cute pepper though. I have one too, and my wife was over feeding her, this worked.
>>
>>30473303
>dry food

Don't do this
>>
File: 1464319024469.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1464319024469.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>30472346
>need
Fuck right off. If I could wipe my ass clean with exactly 1/2 sheet of toilet paper every time, would you think it reasonable to hold everyone around me to that same standard? If I find someone who can do the whole build with a paperclip, does that mean everyone else must do so now too?
>>
>>30473661

Im asking about cost effectiveness, not personal ability. I heard I could do it with a rubber mallet, a couple screwdrivers and some patience- is this true?
>>
>>30471794
That is absolutely not true, find a better ffl
>>
>>30476660

Please just do a cursory Google search. Perhaps "laws regarding buying an ar15 lower in Florida." Then do one on how to kill yourself.
>>
>>30476872
Do a search for 19 year old kid knows everything, kid.
>>
>>30467609
>waiting period

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool fagit
>>
>>30476952

Good job covering your ass when you didn't know what you were talking about by calling me a child, I'm sure you're SO much more intelligent than all your friends, and especially internet strangers.
>>
>>30473661
D-did you make that?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.