[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are Anderson ARs? See them a lot at Kygunco around here cheap,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 467x700
How are Anderson ARs? See them a lot at Kygunco around here cheap, they seem nice enough and are cheap.

Better off just getting a ruger? Not 21 yet and I really think I need to hurry and get an AR.
>>
>>30460441
Have your dad buy you a lower and transfer it to you then, to contribute to the topic; I needed a lower when building my AR and the local fun shop had them for $60 and after taking it out for the first time today everything worked as it should. Keep in mind only the lower is from them everything else is PSA but it's a perfectly serviceable lower.
>>
>>30460542
They have anderson lowers for sale for 40 bucks. Holy fuck.

Is that the best way to do it? Stripped lower and build yourself with PSA parts?

Also what do you mean "transfer"? There's no gun registry for lowers and shit or anything, not sure what you mean.
>>
>>30460574
*give
>>
>>30460574
Simply buying it for you can be construed as a straw purchase, which is illegal
>>
>>30461298
Only if OP pays him back for it and is a prohibited person
>>
>>30461314
Not even prohibited.
Blue light special glock idiot was capable of purchase by himself but he still got caught
>>
File: muh lower.jpg (640 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
muh lower.jpg
640 KB, 1920x2560
>>30460441
i got an Anderson arms lower for like $85 bucks or so from my LGS
it's an AR lower; pure and simple
there's no 'special' design used
on their website, Anderson has some nanomachine infused ARs they don't need no lube ever
everyone says it's snake oil, which it probably is, but i've never heard from an anon that actually owned one

like >>30460542, i got my BCG and complete upper from PSA, i ordered LPK from the Anderson website (they have them at a low price), replaced the stock grip with a magpul, switched the M4 collapsible with a DD one, and then added DD fixed iron sights

all in... w/tax it was a little over $600
which is starting price for basic ARs

the real value comes for the fact that you 'put it together' yourself. it only takes a few hours if you've never done it before. there's a sense of accomplishment from completing the project and taking it to shoot for the first time
>>
>>30460441

You can buy a long rifle at 18 friendo, no need to go through all that extra bs when you could just buy it yourself and put it into your name
>>
>>30461371
>blue light special glock idiot

Wat

>>30461314
I am not prohibited I have already legally purchased a firearm
>>
>>30461587
I know but I can't buy a stripped lower until 21 because I could theoretically make it a "pistol"
>>
>>30462403
http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/06/supreme-court-affirms-narrow-reading-of-gun-straw-purchase-rules/

Have fun, future felon
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 250x250
>>30462999
God I fucking hate those old faggot scotus kikes

Whatever I'll just wait some months and get them after I'm 21 and OFF SALE

thanks for costing me money government kikes
>>
Same boat as OP, I want to build an AR since I can't find one to my specs (they don't make prebuilts with 18" barrels apparently)

Is it a good idea to get a high end barrel and throw it in a PSA upper and lower?
>>
>>30460574
In California, you can't buy lowers under 21 but you could have your father or mother legally transfer the lower to your name after the lower has been picked up them if you wanted the gun to be legally yours. This state is fucked.
>>
>>30460441
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>30461298
>>30461371
>>30462999

Still legal to give a rifle as a gift, assuming your state has no specific laws of it's own.

"There’s no federal law that prohibits a gift of a firearm to a relative or friend that lives in your home state. Abramski v. United States, a recent Supreme Court decision involving a “straw purchase” of a firearm did not change the law regarding firearms as gifts. The following states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington State) and the District of Columbia require you to transfer a firearm through a local firearms retailer so an instant background check will be performed to make sure the recipient is not legally prohibited from owning the gun. Maryland and Pennsylvania require a background check for private party transfer of a handgun."

http://www.nssfblog.com/giving-a-firearm-as-a-gift-some-reminders-from-nssf/
>>
>>30460441
I bought my Anderson lower for like $50-$60 and had it shipped during a sale on MidwayUSA.

This was before they switched their specs though. Supposedly they changed all of their parts to commercial from the mil spec sizing. I also hear the quality isn't what it used to be. Just a heads up, and again this is just what I've been hearing from recent purchases of their products.
>>
>>30460574
Better off building your own m8.

You can find nice deals on individual parts, sometimes you can find scratch and blem deals on barreled uppers as well. You can literally save anywhere from $200-$300 just jumping on good deals. I ended up dropping $750 or so on BCM/Colt/Anderson parts. For the quality I have I would have paid a hell of a lot more for a complete rifle.

Plus, you get to tell everyone "yeah, I fucking built this bitch myself.

Also worth noting that you won't have a bunch of unwanted parts laying around because you will end up switching out handguards, stocks, sights, muzzle device, grips, etc. Better to just pick out what you want from the jump ya feel fampai
>>
>>30461298
Legal gift dipshit fucktard nigger faggot
>>
File: 1429517465653.jpg (1 MB, 2480x1748) Image search: [Google]
1429517465653.jpg
1 MB, 2480x1748
>>30460441
>Waffen SS Lolis
>and other fetishes i didn't even know i had
god dammit 4chan what have you done to me!
>>
>>30465613
Oh shit. Maybe that's why they're 40 dollars. Going to do some searching.
>>
>>30465613
OP, if you're specifically looking for an Anderson lower, you can't find a better deal. As long as it's 7076 T6 aluminum it's going to be on the same plane as any other forged receiver. I bought a 60$ one (ended up costing me way more because of California's idiotic DROS fees) and it's held up perfectly after 4 years of use and is compatible with any level of attachments you could throw on it.

My upper recirver (with optics) is worth like 2k, and not once have I felt bad about throwing it on my Anderson lower.

There's no such thing as a "commercial" vs. "mil-spec" lower, just 7076-t6 aluminum vs. billet vs. inferior aluminum. Make sure Anderson is still producing 7076 lowers and you'll be in good shape
>>
File: nazi youth girl.jpg (38 KB, 558x768) Image search: [Google]
nazi youth girl.jpg
38 KB, 558x768
>>30465778
welcome to the klub
>>
>>30466918
Word man, thanks for the info.

I have an Anderson lower too and it's been great thus far. I just heard some shit from other threads recently, thanks for clearing that up. What do you run for the upper exactly?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.