[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New hunting gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Howa Hogue Package Blued.jpg (15 KB, 500x120) Image search: [Google]
Howa Hogue Package Blued.jpg
15 KB, 500x120
Hey /k/,
Ausfag looking for a new hunting gun.

I'm tossing up between a Howa 1500 w/ varmint barrel or a Ruger Gunsight Scout

I intend to shoot kangaroos and goats with it as well as some longer range plinking.

I am leaning towards the .308 calibre too but .223 is also an option. What are the pros and cons of each?
>>
>>30457511
you can have guns?
>>
>>30457761
no semiauto rifles and no pistols IIRC
>>
>>30457761
I'm on a category A&B which means I can get bolt action up to 10 rounds
>>
>>30459014
Gunsite Scout has ten round mags, so it makes the most of your limits. .308 is probably better for reliable kills of kangaroos.
>>
>>30459061
The Howa 1500 can also be upgraded to use 10 round detachable mags. I'm more thinking about performance or functionality. The long eye relief on the Ruger freaks me out because I've never used anything like it before. It does have some appeal to it though.
>>
>>30457511
Whats the deal with roos? Hunting license issued on state by state basis or what?

Don't forget to vote LDP.
>>
Howa. No contest.
The action on Howas is smoother than sliding one warm stick of butter across another.
>>
>>30457511
You may also want to Czech out the savage 11 scout rifle & hog hunter
>>
>>30459829
It's not advertised a lot because it's designed primarily as a scout rifle, but the GSR comes with regular scope rings and a removable rear sight, so you can use a regular optic if you want.
>>
>>30457511
>THATS NOT A KNOIFE
>>
>>30458135

They can have pistols

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VneCfIimbxk
>>
Howa or Tikka

Weatherby Vanguard's are Howa actions with different markings on them, and Tikka T3's are literally Sako's with an ass ton of polymer
>>
>>30460553
Hunting license is seperate to your firearm one, it's just a course and a practical exam,

Voted 2 LDP. Too much riding on the economy to bank on a minor party and give the greens a chance.
>>
>>30461068
I've heard great things about Tikka. For the amount of shooting I do compared to the price $1300 is about my mark.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.