[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who makes actual decent swords? Coldsteel look ok but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1464419116595.jpg (455 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1464419116595.jpg
455 KB, 1024x1024
Who makes actual decent swords?

Coldsteel look ok but I'm pretty sure they are far from decent. Where do I look? I don't want to buy mall tier shit ;_;
>>
Zombietools, Lockwood swords, valiant armory, kult of Athena is a good site for swords.
>>
Albion is probably the best commercial company with prices to match. Windlass Steelcrafts makes reasonably functional el-cheapo stuff. Cold Steel tend to be over-built and heavy but some of it is reasonably priced. Hanwei makes pretty decent stuff that ranges in price from cheap to moderately expensive.
>>
>>30440282
Artistic blacksmiths. For about 140$ I got myself a real nice steel sword
>>
>>30440282
Lutel armory is pretty good.
>>
>>30440328
I second Albion as the best. They can be pricey though.
>>
Which companies makes the swords for the gobmints/militaries? Also where's a good place to buy old rapiers and sabres?
>>
>>30440678

The Marine Corp swords and the like can come from Spain, Germany, China or Taiwan. But they're mostly just decorative.

Old swords can be found on auction sites.
>>
>>30440678
Ebay mostly, filter out China and check for reputable sellers, look through militaria. Sabres were so mass produced that they're really cheap to buy basic ones given to the random infantry/cavalry man. Going into officer's swords and stuff commissioned for specific people gets more expensive

I grabbed a 1907 Spanish cavalry sabre for $100. No damage to the blade, no active rust, it'd look brand new if I polished the blade replaced the leather washer, and had a new handle made for it, but I'm not doing it

I imagine the new swords for the military are all decorative, probably from Spain, India, or Germany
>>
Albion if you give a single fuck about swords and would rather not have a fucking SLO. But get ready to spend 800 dollars, and that's without the scabbard.

If you want a truly economical sword just get a wallhanger.
>>
>>30440809
> $800
You can pick up the squire lines for around $500-600, and their next generation stuff varies from $850-$2000. Their museum stuff is even more expensive

I've been trying to save up for an albion knight, and eventually a scabbard for it from Christian fletcher, but car and gun stuff killed the money I had saved
>>
>>30440718
>But they're mostly just decorative.
That's pretty bullshit honestly?
>>
File: 1443484362536.jpg (327 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1443484362536.jpg
327 KB, 1024x683
>>30440282
Coldsteel make tough, heavy and unblanced choppers. Great for your average autist to chop down their parents carefully pruned backyard plants.

The real question is which style of sword are you looking for? Hanwei/CAS Iberia make pretty decent stuff across a wide range, but they are just the tip of the iceberg for whatever style you are really looking for and its intended usage.
>>
If you want a cheap beater, Cheness is good. He shows torture tests on his stuff, which I like.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.