[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do civilians care more about stolen valor than people actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 33
File: ood3mFb.jpg (104 KB, 677x902) Image search: [Google]
ood3mFb.jpg
104 KB, 677x902
Why do civilians care more about stolen valor than people actually in the military?
>>
>>30435765

It's fine as long as you don't make money from it.
>>
>>30435765
Milfag here. I find it more hilarious than offensive. It's funny seeing the stupid way they wear the uniform or the stupid things they say.
>>
>>30435765
I don't think they do. It's a /k/ meme.

It's the same thing as saying you were a cop, firefighter, movie theater janitor. If you weren't you're just a liar. So don't impersonate one.
>>
Because civilians should know they're not military, and I say this as a civilian.
>>
I don't care about either. Both were voluntary choices made by them.
>>
>>30435765
He's got the broken look of despair that fits most master sergeants, though.
>>
File: Photo-by-Arvo-Jõesalu-II.jpg (175 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Photo-by-Arvo-Jõesalu-II.jpg
175 KB, 960x640
I do admit as an American of Estonian descent, I'd love to have an Estonian military uniform. You can't exactly say you're impersonating an Estonian soldier when you live in the American South, lol.

There's enough difference between the uniforms to show I'm not pretending to be an American soldier.
>>
>>30435875
This.

This guy's probably some loser who works at taco bell. If I stold his uniform and pretended to work at taco bell who cares.

>Stolen Doritos taco privileges
>>
I occasionally get anxious when my military service comes up that people will think I'm a stolen valor fag, my fault for becoming a fat goofy ass neckbeard I guess :/

Losing the weight btw, 30lbs down since April.
>>
Military is worse, especially on social media.
>>
I think a lot of people's problems with it stem from the feeling that it cheapens the award/badge when someone hasnt earned it
>>
>>30435909
I served with an Estonian named Jogeva in the US Marine Infantry. He was the equivalent of a SSgt in Estonian military who moved here. Good guy, funny guy.

He liked our shit better.
>>
>>30435765
It makes them seem like they care about the military/vets

>I'm more triggered by his crooked tie.
>>
>>30435891
OP's pic was a prior service fuckhead who showed up on base dressed like this for his family member's boot camp graduation ceremony.
>>
>>30435987

I actually got to visit Estonia one time. It's cool to see all the castles. The food was bad though.
>>
What makes me angrier than stolen valor are the fags that get deployed to Germany or Korea for their entire military career and act like they did 6 tours in Afghanistan when talking about their military service.
>>
>>30436072

I agree. Soldiers should not lie about their specific military experience.
>>
>>30435765
I am a civ and I find it extremely offensive because I go out of my way to thank you for your service and mean it. When some shitbag that didn't serve gets my thanks for nothing, its upsetting.
>>
>>30435765

Because a lot of of know veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan, and because they are displaying something they didn't earn.
>>
Chairforce here, as you say OP, I don't give a single fuck about people pretending to be military. What really gets my blood boiling is when cops refer to other people as "civilians". Of course, that's been pissing me off since long before I joined.
>>
>>30436094
It isn't really "lying," I just meant their general attitude. Acting like a hardass seasoned veteran when really all they did was clean guns and shine shoes at a base during non wartime for a few years but will talk your head off about their military life and experience.

I have a friend like that who is in Germany and I get so tired of hearing about that shit
>>
File: urban_shield.jpg (317 KB, 955x500) Image search: [Google]
urban_shield.jpg
317 KB, 955x500
>>30436120

Cops are civilians, not matter how much military shit they slap on themselves.

Wearing military uniforms doesn't mean you stop being a civilian, police.
>>
>>30436120
>What really gets my blood boiling is when cops refer to other people as "civilians"

I second this
>>
>>30436159

Police militarization is glorified cosplaying. You're still a civilian if you're a cop.
>>
>>30436120
Chair force, former Marine here. We are on same page.

I called a cop officer and he pointed at his rank and said, "Achshualy I'm a corporal". I lost my shit and told him unless he wants to call me corporal anon USMC he can shove his rank up his ass (I was inactive duty at time, but still technically an e4). He walked away like a punk bitch.

I'll call a cop "hey, you" if I want. Cunts.
>>
>>30436008
he killed himself 2 years ago
>>
>>30435765
soldiers care about their country, not personal glory
>>
>>30436143

I've only known a few combat soldiers, but I've never seen one give a specific account of combat unless they were completely shitfaced or otherwise intoxicated. They talk about Iraq or Afghanistan, sure, but usually just how they'd kill time or something normal you'd say about any job.

Its sad when someone with actual military service overplays their role.
>>
>>30435933
>Losing the weight
Good shit man. One of the hardest Battle's man fights is often himself.
>>
File: RCMP tac.jpg (104 KB, 960x641) Image search: [Google]
RCMP tac.jpg
104 KB, 960x641
>>30436146
>cops wearing multicam
>wearing camo patterns at all

They should only be allowed to wear solid colors like OD only.
>>
>>30438153

They do look more like proper police in solid colors.
>>
>>30436008
That actually makes it worse. He must have been a boot camp wash out or something to not know how fucked up he was.
>>
>>30435765
>Why do civilians care more about stolen valor than people actually in the military?

Guilt
>>
>>30436120
what's even more annoying is retard Security Forces calling themselves cops. The check ID's at the chow hall and watch airplanes not fly. Mall rent a cops do more than them.
>>
>>30435765
Because it's offensive. Because we've always reserved a special place in our society to Those Who Actually Got Shot At, and even Those Who Wear The Uniform While The Shooting Is Going On, and pretenders put our sympathy and respect at naught. It's the queer marriage of things military, and about as legitimate. That's why.
>>
>>30438153

Mmph. I love solid color uniforms.
>>
File: class a patch.jpg (17 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
class a patch.jpg
17 KB, 200x283
>>30435765
>Why do civilians care more
They don't.

Veterans like myself finally have an alternate route besides bashing someone's brain in.
>>
kek, my dad watches videos of people confronting valor stealers all the fucking time. He did like 1 year in the reserves.
>>
>>30438153
>>30438273
>>
>>30438262
I see you're beginning to use the same random capitalization that spam emails use when talking about the rapture and illuminati.
>>
>>30438338
How many years did you do in the reserves?
>>
I don't have a problem with calling fags out for pretending to be in the military, I do have a problem with the fags who get mad when they see a civilian wearing milsurp khakis or camo.
>>
>>30438447
Milsurp camo pants look like shit with a regular T-shirt so people get mad
>>
>>30435765
Stolen offendedness is currently a popular cultural trend in the west.
>>
>>30440191
Don't know if I should laugh or cry at how true that is.

I'd probably care about stolen valor if these dudes cosplayed soldiers from a war like WW2 or Vietnam.
>>
>>30435933
Good job
>>
>>30436098

Unless they served in Nam or prior, there is zero reason to thank anyone in service, doing so makes you seem like a shit head
>>
>>30436349
That is a very astute observation. All .mil guys I know who've seen the elephant tell loads of stories about bantz, pranks, fapping in port-a-johns, and chow hall quality on various FOBs. No one talks about the dead kid in Mosul etc. unless they're very drunk or having an extraordinarily shitty day.

Knowing who KBR is serves as my litmus test for claims of service.
Weather or not it is easy to get him to talk about killing tells me every time if he has done so.
>>
>>30435809
As long as you dont benefit from it*
>>
>>30436146
it's pretty sad most cops these days are military cosplayer army rejects
>>
>>30435765

Because,

1. Mostly political, but reasons aside, our society is conditioned to hold soldiers in higher status than civilians. Add that to...

2. We're living in the era of offense. People equate it with importance. They think the more offended they are about something, the more it makes their opinion truth and the more it makes the issue important to others. If you're not offended, you must not really care about the issue.

Vets know who they are and what they represent. Civilians only know it by the outward appearance. So stolen valor is stealing from civilians this respect and inflated importance to the military, and they have to get offended real hard to show they care. Some vets will get angry at the disrespect toward the uniform and that's fine. But it can't ever steal anything real from them.
>>
POG nasty girl, something about stolen valor, desertion, other than honorable discharge, that sort of stuff just irks a part of my lizard brain.
It's more about breaking a pledge you made usually than anything else that bothers me about it.
>>30435933
Also this, fucking up your uniform or some small detail and getting accused of stolen valor or something is like having a nightmare about giving a speech in front of a bunch of people and suddenly realizing you're naked part way through mumbling and stuttering that speech.
>>30441090
A lot of police officers I've known are prior service, quite a few guys I met join up to pad their resume or go to college for a law enforcement career. Some police in the reserves. ect.
It's a strange road and I didn't always feel this way but I'm alright with police being militarized.
Putting things into perspective with modern threats of terrorism/gangs they really ought to be armed to the teeth and given more leeway to deal with those issues. It's bullshit for street gangs to get big enough to control territory, I don't care if they're hoodlums that do drivebuys or wear fancy clothes and expensive shit and have other people do the dirty work for them. If they can't be put out of business peacefully they still need to be put out of business.
>>
File: Mountainsofmadness.webm (3 MB, 994x560) Image search: [Google]
Mountainsofmadness.webm
3 MB, 994x560
>>30435765
Veteran here. It's more cringeworthy than offensive, much like those USAA or Navy Federal commercial, forgot which one it is but you get the point
>>
>>30440777

trips don't lie
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>30440777
>>
>>30441353
>t's bullshit for street gangs to get big enough to control territory

that can only happen when the police are complicit. fuck your blue wall of silence. silence is tacit approval.
>>
File: 1465175443745.jpg (44 KB, 487x720) Image search: [Google]
1465175443745.jpg
44 KB, 487x720
>>30435933
I've had this happen to me fucking twice, and it pisses me the fuck off. Especially since the second time I was doing honor guard for a buddy of mine, and went to a restaurant directly from the funeral. Some old fuck kept staring at me, so I stared right back at him. Finally when my food came and he was still eye fucking me, I got up and went over, much to my wife's embarrassment.

He sat back all smug and shit with his arms crossed. Being in uniform, I tried to stay polite
>Is there something wrong, sir?
He snorted, you know, like he was about to close his trap
>Well I was just wondering if you knew what those ribbons were
100%MAD.jpg
>What, you want me to go down my whole fucking rack?
His wife audibly gasped, and he got a little pale
>Fine, what do you want me to explain to you? This giant thing over here is my Schutzenschnur badge, this is a Combat Action Badge, this is my ARCOM with oak leaf, these here are my campaign ribbons for OIF and OEF
At this point he went from white to bright red, and people were staring. My wife came over and grabbed me by the arm, but I was pissed. It was his wife who took the wind out of me and smoothed it over. Asked me a bunch of questions, then casually mentioned Dan, the old fuck in question, had been AirCav in Vietnam. He was pretty sheepish at this point, and I was still a little mad so I just shook his hand and went and sat back down.

My wife was actually more pissed than I was, she just didn't want me to be get arrested in my dress uniform. Guy came over and apologized on their way out, actually paid my bill too, which was nice of him.

I'm just sick of the whole concept of "Stolen Valor," I dont give a fuck if some downy wants to put on a uniform and pretend he was in the military. It's literally no skin off my ass. All its really done is make people suspicious of actual service members, and create a witch hunt over nothing.

Tl;dr-Stolen Valor is a stupid concept
>>
>>30435933
>Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Good stuff my dude, keep it up.
>>
>>30438338
This is what I fucking hate, anyone who goes well "it was only for "insert time". Anyone whose served any time in the military and gotten out for legitamite reasons doesn't need to hear this shit or have someone attempt to undermine their experiences due to time spent. It doesn't fucking matter if he spent one year in the reserves to understand and respect wear of uniform to enjoy such videos. The issue is when people claim to be something they are not
>>
File: 1467124036684.jpg (31 KB, 480x547) Image search: [Google]
1467124036684.jpg
31 KB, 480x547
>>30438262
Phil, why the fuck haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>30435765
For the reason most social justice warriors are straight, white and middle-class. They have nothing actual to complain about so they try to soak up the injustices of other groups so they can feel better.
>>
>>30435933
Great fucking job not every one has the will to mold themselves in what they desire! What you do to slim down if I may ask?
>>
>>30435765

They act like shitheads, are loud, obnoxious, and demand free shit, or for you to buy their shit.
Calling them out on it in public is deemed inappropriate so you end up letting their shit slide.

There is one that always shows up to gunshows here in vegas trying to sell his SPECIAL FORCES HOLSTERS that he DESIGNED WHILE SERVING IN SPECIAL FORCES IN VIETNAM.
>>
File: 1467038663861.jpg (31 KB, 612x534) Image search: [Google]
1467038663861.jpg
31 KB, 612x534
>>30441653
dis
>>
>>30435765

Should combat soldiers have their own uniform, separate from soldiers who do support roles?

It'd be an easier way to identify who actually fought in armed conflict (support soldiers who got attacked would get badges).
>>
>>30436008
He was even wearing the dress pants bloused into combat boots and the jacket is the female uniform.
>>
>>30441086
I though the statute was couched in "financial gain". Am I misremembering?
>>
>>30438356
tfw Canada has the best Nuclear security
>>
>>30443782
You respect anyone in a Uniform, unless they do something to prove otherwise
>>
File: Met-CTSFO-05.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1811) Image search: [Google]
Met-CTSFO-05.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1811
>>30438356
>>
>>30443884

I don't know why, but police never pull off the "fake military" look. Something's off.
>>
>>30443862
Yes sir, Mr. McDonalds day shift assistant manager sir.

Can you show me where in the Constitution it says I have to respect a goddamn uniform? Get fucked statist.
>>
>>30443862

I think a combat soldier has sacrificed more than a soldier who manages supplies in a warehouse.
>>
File: 1466469264002.jpg (79 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
1466469264002.jpg
79 KB, 960x717
Personally, I feel kind of guilty for never serving. I also had a friend that got killed, & a cousin that got all fucked up forever in the dessert over there, & when I think of some pussy little faggot trying to pilfer respect & admiration for serving our country, which I also love deeply, I get more angry than I would had they been playing dress-up as a doctor or whatever. I don't know, you're right...it is irrational, but from my point of view that's a special respect that has to be earned.
>>
File: 1467057315883.jpg (1 MB, 5150x3426) Image search: [Google]
1467057315883.jpg
1 MB, 5150x3426
>>30443906
Gear's too clean. Everytime you see a soldier who's been in for more than a month has grimey, faded, dirty ass gear because it's seen use in the field.
>>
>>30435765
They literally don't.

-Thank you for your service.
>>
>>30443782
When I was in we wanted a pin or something that showed Infantry.

The main reason is so in a commissary or somewhere with pogs they'd know to shut the fuck up about hassling you about your uniform. Never failed you'd get done with some training all dirty and just want to go buy a damn Powerade and some pog Ssgt tells you your uniform is out of regs (dirty, too sun bleached, has a small hole). Then you tell them "ugh, I was training.." and they say "thats not an excuse" when you can tell their Cammies have never left a damn air conditioned room.

We figured a pin or something might prevent them from trying that shit. It was twice infuriating when it was a female pog that pulled that shit.
>>
>>30440191

This. And it's saddening.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 404x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 404x393
>>30443906
I like how European police look
>>
>>30443951
Maybe. Or maybe he sat in the TOC his entire deployment and answered the radio. Or maybe he slept in the back of an RG and slept through 100 patrols and never even saw the enemy.

Dont take the inter-service jibing to heart. A grunt will make fun of a commo guy for being a POG, but they still have respect. Every job matters and all that.
>>30444226
I understand where you're coming from, and I imagine a fair amount of people feel that way. Even my own father (who invaded fucking Grenada and has a purple heart) told me he looked up to me because he didn't get to fight in a "real war." That line of thinking is absurd. You'll drive yourself mad that way.

Most of the cases of stolen valor are incredibly ridiculous, and the perpetrators deserve pity, and not much else. They obviously have some sort of mental dysfunction, because a quick Google search can show how to properly set up a rack and what awards go where. Dont waste your energy getting so riled up over it.
>>30444351
There is a pin for that, it's called a CIB boot. Suck it up and play the game until you get one, realize it means fuck all, then keep playing the game. A simple, "Roger Sergeant," works just fine.
>>
>>30435933
I know this feel all to well brother. Got out with my honrruabru, got fat and goofy, and now avoid mentioning it after having to go through that "prove your service" bs twice.
>>
>>30444446
>CIB

I was in the Marines cock slave. We don't do fag patches.
>>
>>30435765
Because we're the ones that get fooled because we don't know shit about the military, and we don't like looking like idiots.

>Civilian sees an impossible chestful of medals: Woah, um...thank you for your service

>Militaryfag: kek, u got 2b shittingme m8
>>
>>30444464
Oh, so you're just an assbag. Look, debil, just because you're infantry doesn't mean shit to anyone, especially when you're a stuck up boot fuck who acts like he personally took Iwo Jima. When a fucking NCO or officer corrects you, you say "yes, I will rectify that ASAP," and move the fuck along. Simple as that. Makes your life a hell of a lot easier if you walk around without your ass on your shoulders.

But you'd know that if you had gotten any higher than E-3.
>>
>>30435834
The difference is you can get arrested for impersonating a LEO or doctor, but not for impersonating a miliatary serviceman
>>
>>30435834
>It's the same thing as saying you were a cop

not really.
Get caught impersonating an E-9 is just embarrassing, getting caught impersonating a officer of the court and its a felony.
>>
>>30444515
Youre just a bootlicker. Got out as an e4 and that shit would still happen. And no, I would make a smart comment reminding the turbo pog there's a reason my cammies aren't perfect; I use them. And bitch tits pogs didn't do shit because they weren't in my chain of command. If they wanted to be bitchy I'd say "sorry gotta go. My unit is x and my 1sgt is x, contact him about it if you want".

I wish a mother fucker would, my old 1st Sgt would of eaten their ass for breakfast over such trivial shit.
>>
>>30435765

I have a better question: why do civilians in the US basically fellate every service member whether they're POG or not? Moved here recently and there's a parking spot for veterans at the supermarket. What the fuck? Everyone goes on and on about how everyone in the military deserves respect and everything that can be given to them, and I've seen quite a few Internet arguments be ground to a halt simply by the "veteran" saying "yeah well I fought for your right to say that!" or some other stupid shit.

It's really fucking hilarious and stupid at the same time.
>>
>>30444852
It's part of American culture.

Since WW2 we've basically been brainwashed to worship the US military.

A lot of older people I know feel guilty about not sucking up to Vietnam vets when they returned home in the late 60's and early 70's. So nowadays they absolutely deep throat even lowly enlisted guys who never deployed.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 500x375
>>30441612
Usually I've only heard of people claiming stolen valor if somebody's uniform is fucked up, but this just makes me angry
>>
>>30444878

If memory serves me right, only a small percentage of the US Military ever see combat.
>>
>>30435765
What even are all of those medals?
>>
>>30435765
http://www.penwellgabeljunctioncity.com/obituary/78128/Nickolas-Androsky/Junction%20City-Kansas
>>
>>30444878

I see it with cops too, honestly. Most people here will also say cops are not civilians and have more power, but I tell them to fuck off. Not the cops, though I did have one run-in with some power-tripping dickhead because I had lost my wallet in a park and went back with my girlfriend to get it. Didn't even realise the park had hours that people could go there so I just waltzed in and looked for my wallet.

Came back and there was this little scrawny guy with a shaved head that gave us the runaround, frisked us, and detained us for an hour. Two other cop cars came up just to provide back-up. It was pretty retarded considering the most I'd ever go through in my home country would be "I'm trying to find my fucking wallet" and "don't do anything fucking stupid then, cunt" and then leave.

No offence intended, but almost everyone I've met since coming here (in a position of authority) is a proper fuckhead.

And I find it a bit ironic that Americans do worship the military and cops that would gladly step on your rights.
>>
>>30444929

Blindly worshiping institutions ensures nothing gets done to fix the problems within them.
>>
>>30444929
Were you blatantly disrespectful and/or a minority?

Most cops will go easy on you if you are well dressed or appear to be a upstanding citizen and say "yes sir" or "no sir".

I was in a car with some friends in high school, and they had weed in the vehicle. (I was unaware.) We drove through a local sheriff's department roadblock and got away scott free because the driver of the car said "yes sir" and "no sir" to the deputy.
>>
>>30444968

I wasn't disrespectful but I didn't do the "yes sir" kind of stuff. I'm also white as all hell, so I don't think it was a minority thing. I really think he was just bored because it was around 12AM (didn't even know I had dropped my wallet until we went to the cinema) and there was a major crime happening. Trespassing unintentionally to retrieve items that I was unaware were lost during normal hours.
>>
>>30444832
>I would make a smart comment
So you just ran your mouth because you had the military figured out with all of your 4 years of service. And here I thought they taught respect and professionalism in the Marines. Good job setting an example for all your subordinates, I'm sure your attitude helped them out a lot later on, especially since we've transitioned to a peace time military.
>bootlicker
Whatever helps you sleep at night cupcake. I was more concerned with, you know, getting my job done and going about my business than having a dick waving contest with someone who outranked me.

Just admit you were a shitty junior NCO with a bad attitude because you couldn't make points and move on. Puffing your chest and talking about what a hardcore shit talking motherfucker you used to be won't make you feel better.
>>
>>30435765
Just virtue signaling.

I don't quite give a shit about the military. I never asked, or voluntarily paid for any of their "help".

I own and shoot firearms for a reason. They're another product of government which is unnecessary.
>>
>>30445001
>I was more concerned with, you know, getting my job done and going about my business than having a dick waving contest

oooh, you may have blown that one.
>>
>>30445001
>I was more concerned with, you know, getting my job done and going about my business than having a dick waving contest

Then do your fucking job and don't worry about my cammies, that's not your job.

I'd be respectful, I'd call them by rank and tell them I hadn't had a chance to clean up yet and I would. But some would still get pissy, like I don't deserve to be able and go buy a sandwich and a drink coming out of the field just because I'm a little dirty. Fuck that.
>>
>>30445001
Let it go m8, hes infantry, their job is to have a dick waving contest with each other. Infant is in their name for a reason
>>
>>30436072
I have a friend of a friend who does that shit. He's in SK, and his job is basically being a glorified truck driver. He insists on using 24 hour time DESPITE the fact that he's told me his computer is in 12. So he converts it just so he can use military time. He also insists on referring to civilians as "civvies."
>>
>>30443578

I'm not that guy, but I lost 50 pounds in 3.5 - 4 months time, by counting calories.
Didn't even exercise (Apart from riding my bike to class, roughly 2 miles a day).

I used the Lifesum app, and aimed for 1500 calories per day, with a cheat day every sunday (Although even then I tried to stay under 2500).
>>
>>30438207
well he was kicked out of the Air Farce for drug charges that included huffing boot polish, so he may have killed a few too many brain cells
>>
>>30445107
What, you mean because that's what I'm literally doing right now?
>>30445125
I feel like we're both projecting anger over different things on to each other. As an E6, I fucking hated smart ass jacked up privates and I hated new E5's who still acted like fucking specialists even worse. You seem to have a problem with what we call, "toxic leadership" and "spotlight NCO's" which I do as well. If you handled it that way, then you handled it correctly. Fuck them for pushing a non issue with someone outside of their chain of command.

You see this behavior more with POGs I think because they don't really get a chance to lead, they're more like supervisors of an office than an actual leader, so they nitpick stupid shit because they don't know any better and feel the need to exert their authority. Or they're just dicks who want to stroke their ego.

I was not one of those NCOs. Seems like a breakdown of communication and an assumption on my part. I also hate the special snowflake-ism prevalent in the infantry, especially with airborne. But that's another matter. I'm man enough to admit I fucked up there.
>>30445128
You shut the fuck up when two infantrymen are waving their dicks around, especially a soldier and a marine. Collateral damage is acceptable in these contests.
>>
>>30435765
Armyfag here, I just hate the little 15 year old milsim fags that spam their fake 'ranger' / 'spec ops' pics all over the webs, blurring out their faces like they're tough shit
>>
>>30445308
shut up faggot
>>
>>30438153
Police are too militarized. It's fucking overkill. Watch, they're all going to get MRAPs and fucking M1As with nuclear hollowpoint AIDS injecting missles just to pull over dindus
>>
>>30441090
>many prior service
>DoD throwing surplus at them for free or next to nothing
Hmmm I wonder what it could be...
>>
File: amirite.png (225 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
amirite.png
225 KB, 500x376
>>30445339
Fuckers actually do that? LOL
>>
>>30445308
No problem. I probably projected I was cockier than I was. I'd always agree but if they persisted trying to chew me out saying I needed to go and telling them my unit was my polite way of saying "fuck off".

I don't know about Army but senior enlisted Marines and officers can take uniform regs to retard factor level 5. Like that scene in Gen Kill when they're invading Iraq and officers want to know when it's allowed to wear beanies. There's a reason we say that shows accurate, that's how retarded it got sometimes.

Some of the pogs who never left the office would truly take regs too far. They couldn't fathom dirty cammies for any reason, "Hey marine we gotta image to uphold. Yurr given the entire corps a black eye by looking unrepresentable".
>>
File: serious.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
serious.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>30445460
>Police are too militarized
Agreed

There are no more "beat" cops. Every one of them is on point to defeat an enemy. We are the enemy.
>>
>>30445460

I agree.

"Storm....the shopping mall!"
>>
>>30445531

Which creates a schizophrenic mentality.

"To serve and protect.....the enemy (other civilians)."

Militarized police can't help but see the very populations they're among as enemies.
>>
File: kek.jpg (61 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
61 KB, 640x640
>>30445501
Cringy
>>
>>30441612
>Schutzenschnur badge
I had to google this.

The old vet was kind enough to pay for your meal though.
Old people, you know...
Maybe you'll be like him one day !

>2066
>old anon is eating at Kentucky Donalds when enters some army guy in uniform
>old anon stares
>army guy stares back. "is there a problem sir ?"
>"Well this one is my campaign ribbon for operation take the moon back, this one is my plasmagun badge, and this giant thing is an alien's dick"
>old anon feels ashamed
>army guy's robot wife asks old anon about his military past
>old anon offers to pay for army guy's dehydrated plankton powder meal
>>
File: 1466647930675.jpg (9 KB, 235x224) Image search: [Google]
1466647930675.jpg
9 KB, 235x224
>>30445571
TopfuckingKek
>>
>>30445560
What holster is that?
>>
File: 1464890303069.png (362 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1464890303069.png
362 KB, 2560x1440
>>30445521
Yes, it did indeed get that retarded. I shit you not, we had a Sgt. Maj. from the 82nd yell at a guy coming off patrol for being out of uniform (we was wearing PT shorts with his kit, helmet and all) when the medics had CUT HIS PANTS OFF to dress shrapnel wounds they thought were more serious than they were.
>his fucking face when we all turned and looked at him like he was retarded
He did look like he was going to double down for a second, but then he mumbled something about getting him to the Aid Station and kind of wandered off.

It was surreal.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 623x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 623x356
People who commit stolen valor are usually caught or bust themselves out. It's not hard to tell. Fuck em is what I say. Getting bent out of shape over it only draws attention to them and that's all they want.
The main problem I have is family and friends talking up stories I've told when drunk. It irks me. I've seen some shit and done some shit and apparently makes me some kind of "badass." I just did my my job and loved it.
>pic related
>>
File: 1465780375772.jpg (42 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1465780375772.jpg
42 KB, 400x286
>>30445571
Kek, I hope I have enough sense just to let him be. I mean I get it, ribbons and such have changed a lot since he was in, but I'd just come from a funeral and his general smugness pissed me off.
>>
>>30445794
Hot damn, that is retarded. At least he realized his mistake. Since we're just two former grunts spitballing uniform regs I got one you might like

>In Iraq, I was a Lance at this time
>Get the order unit is changing AO's
>Majority are choppered out, a skeleton crew remains to convoy vehicles back
>On that convoy, 3 days nothing special or exciting
>Go to link up with unit in TQ
>By time we secure vehicles it's about 45 minutes until chow hall closes for night
>Me and buddy tired of MREs
>Fuck it, we take off double time and run there
>30 mins til close, we walk in and get in line
>See older Marine staring me and buddy down
>Fucking2star.jpg
>Eyeballing our dirty shit
>Tells us shit then says "you boys need to go clean up, then come back"
>Don't dare to argue just say "aye sir" and leave
>Me and buddy know there's not enough time to do that and get back
>We lurk in the shadows, waiting for him to leave
>Run to chow hall door and get in just before close
>Since they were closing and chow hall ladies saw him throw us out and thought he was a dick, they loaded us up with all sorts of goodies
>>
How common is it for people to pretend they're Seals or some other Special Forces operative?

I'd imagine that would get someone's ass kicked.
>>
>>30446092
nobody pretend to be a private, pfc or lance corporal. They all claim to be the guy that shot Bin laden and tier 0 operator,

Youtube "phony navy seal of the week"

Every week a new one
>>
File: 1467113215662.gif (982 KB, 285x171) Image search: [Google]
1467113215662.gif
982 KB, 285x171
>>30446820
fucking hell typing on a phone
>pretends*
>>
File: feels.png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
11 KB, 645x773
>>30441405

>go little penguin
>>
>>30438356
>airsoft face guard

really? there is no way that mesh is stopping anything remotely dangerous.

gearqueer supremos
>>
>>30446965
>>30441405

What the fuck is that penguin trying to accomplish? There's nothing in those mountains far as I know.

I hope we just "think" he's headed towards the mountains. He might know an alternate route to get to food.
>>
>>30435765
>>30435809
>>30436098
>>30438262
>>30438286
Because all the retailer's make less money when they give out military/veteran discounts
>>
>>30445001
Just give me my fucking counseling already faggot, nobody around here respects your stripes
>>
>>30447408

Aren't you guys all supposed to be on the same team?
>>
>>30445531
>There are no more "beat" cops.
the best you'll get is two cops cruiser-spooning in a parking lot.
>>
File: 1467154149176.png (133 KB, 1024x466) Image search: [Google]
1467154149176.png
133 KB, 1024x466
>>30447428
>He thinks the military is like an actual family

tip top kek if it really was you wouldn't have to be reminded not to kill each other every friday or last day of work

Actually if you go through some tough shit with people you guys most likely will form some type of bond

I don't know how Infantry is, but I can see why they hate us PoGs, these motherfuckers are insufferable and don't want to do anything that resembles what you did in Basic Training or Boot

They just want to sit around playing with phones earning a check and since there's nothing to do everyone circlejerks about the most irrelevant shit that makes them look better than others

Protip: It's always something that would make infantry or a anyone who's deployed cringe
>>
This fake stolen valor bust is funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phXvY3y5OqY
>>
>>30435765
Story tiem
>working shit tier retail job
>permanently disqualified from service, not even eligible for draft lol
>immediate supervisor bragging about being sniper in the Navy
>wait a minute
>ask what their MOS was
>replies with number
>doesn't realize that Navy uses NEC alphabetic abbreviations instead of numeric code, or indeed that it's NEC and not MOS
>he can't recite sailors creed
>miserably out of shape, but that's most servicemen I know anyway

That job didn't last long.
>>
File: 1466305959297.jpg (15 KB, 325x178) Image search: [Google]
1466305959297.jpg
15 KB, 325x178
>>30447527
Kek.

I don't even give a shit about this whole stolen valor thing. That being said, this is comedy gold.
>>
File: 1467249981239.png (50 KB, 180x191) Image search: [Google]
1467249981239.png
50 KB, 180x191
>>30447843
>Lying about being in the service

Holy shit bro are you me in the future? I'm begging to get kicked since the job isn't what I expected of any military.(Not even a hard job it's quite easy in fact compared to plenty of jobs I did)

They got me clutched tight and don't want to let go and keep saying Imma good boy I ain't dune nuffin and they want to sent me to college

I don't wanna have anything to do with them lol
>>
File: 1467030606833.jpg (182 KB, 471x850) Image search: [Google]
1467030606833.jpg
182 KB, 471x850
>mfw I aim better than any cop or soldier I've spoken to at the range
>>
>>30447940
Eh. I guess it just wasn't in the cards. On the bright side, even though I didn't get to be a FMF Hospital Corpsman, I went to college and became a professional special effects makeup artist. I do the makeup for the extras on the Fox series "Empire", and now I'm the most well known drag queen in Chicago. I even won a solid silver crown and a silver sceptre.
>HAIL TO THE QWEEN
>>
File: churches burning.gif (1 MB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
churches burning.gif
1 MB, 500x290
>>30447527
>>
>>30445170
The entire military uses the 24 hour clock, and literally everyone says "civvies".
>>
>>30447983
>That pic

Seriously WHAT WAS IT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE?!
>>
>>30448026
It's obviously an indignant canine.
>>
>>30435809
Like Chris Kyle :^)
>>
>>30435765
It depends on who you talk to in the military.
When I was in I gave a lot more fucks about it than I do now that I'm out.
>>
File: Robespierre.jpg (562 KB, 939x1190) Image search: [Google]
Robespierre.jpg
562 KB, 939x1190
>>30436072
I know those guys, fuck I served with some of those guys. They would swagger around bars like some salty ass'd 11B with "war stories" for the ladies. I spent my entire time in the military going from Germany, to CONUS, to Japan. Had a blast. Shot my rifle in basic and when we were up for qual.

>mfw 35F
>>
>>30438240
Hey, I wrote speeding tickets too.
>>
>>30438240
Security Forces can call themselves whatever they'd like. If calling themselves keeps them from slitting they're wrists then i'm for it.
>>
>>30445460
>shooting dindus with AIDS
>redundant
>>
My korean vet gramps called my uncle a pussy when crying about Vietnam.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.