[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great... now because of some cunt's word, you can lose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 25
File: 1111.jpg (39 KB, 291x304) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
39 KB, 291x304
Great... now because of some cunt's word, you can lose your ability to protect yourself...

http://www.wfaa.com/ext/news/nation-now/supreme-court-rules-domestic-abusers-can-lose-gun-ownership-rights/287/371NAymepG20ieMwAw6Iq

>Supreme Court rules domestic abusers can lose gun ownership rights

>WASHINGTON -- Gun ownership rights can be denied to people who commit reckless acts of domestic violence, the Supreme Court ruled Monday in a decision that brought a blistering dissent from Justice Clarence Thomas.

>The 6-2 ruling, written by Justice Elena Kagan and endorsed by conservative as well as liberal justices, upheld the sentences imposed on two Maine men who had argued their misdemeanor convictions for domestic abuse should not trigger a federal gun control statute. Thomas and Justice Sonia Sotomayor dissented.

>The federal law was intended to deny guns to people convicted of violent acts against family members, based in part on research showing they are more likely to use guns domestically in the future.

I'm not even against the idea of hampering domestic assault. I'm just against the idea of letting women make these accusations against you without requiring proof or citations. It was fine, if all it resulted was ruining reputation. Which is still pretty bad, but things could be worse, right? Well, they just got worse. Not because of some bitch's word, you can lose a basic human right. And SCOTUS just made that legal. Fucking a...
>>
>>30422922
Found the wife beater.
>>
go back to /pol/ you anti-feminist edgelord
>>
>>30422922
then you should be fighting to have making false statements punished to the maximum or eye for an eye.

claim false abuse against spouse spouse gets 20 years. find out she lied she gets 20 years
>>
>beat someone you're supposed to love
>oh shit, now i cant own guns

good riddance
>>
>>30422966
You realize all she has to do is say you hit her right? My ex was attacking me on my porch, cops were called and they begged her to say i hit her. She thankfully held it down and said that she was the one hitting me.
>>
>>30422994

>You realize all she has to do is say you hit her right?
To get arrested, sure.
But the article specifically said convicted offenders.
>>
So what you're saying is, if I hypothetically got into an altercation with my hypothetically soon to be ex-gf, it is in my financial interests (knowing the biased court system of California) to shoot her rather than just take the jail time and fines for my actions?
>>
>>30422922
Try not getting into shitty relationships with crazy bitches.

I'd rather jack it everyday than deal with false domestic abuse claims.
>>
>>30422922
You really are a special kind of stupid, aren't you? Arrest ≠ conviction.
>>
>>30423015
4473 also prevents those under investigation from obtaining firearms.
>>
Domestic abuse has been grounds for becoming a prohibited person for about 40 years
>>
>>30422922
Quit dating/fucking/marrying crazies
>>
>>30422922

>Stephen Voisine pleaded guilty to domestic assault in 2004. Five years later, federal authorities found him in possession of a gun after an anonymous tip that he had shot a bald eagle. William Armstrong pleaded guilty to a similar assault charge in 2008 and was found to own guns two years later.

>pleads guilty to domestic abuse
>shoots bald eagle

That right there's a real paragon of virtue you're defending OP. Some people just aren't responsible enough to have guns.

>They argued that the state law allowed for their convictions based on recklessness, rather than only criminal intent. They said the federal law denying guns to domestic abusers wasn't intended to apply to reckless behavior.

So they should be allowed to have their guns back because they accidentally abused their girlfriends? Is that what I'm supposed to take away from this?
>>
>>30423035

Not for domestic violence.
>>
>>30423054
Dating and marrying yeah but the fucking isn't gonna stop famalam
>>
File: for your consideration.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
for your consideration.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>Courts can take away your rights if found guilty of a crime

Literally in the constitution.
>>
>>30422922
Holy fucking shit, that's absolutely fucking terrible.

#TRUMP2016

Suck it up and vote for our freedom.
>>
>>30423080
I thought it did, let me check real quick.
>Domestic violence records: Federal law prohibits firearm possession by individuals subject to a domestic violence protective order or who have been convicted of a domestic violence misdemeanor
Ahhh right you are. Although the protective order doesn't really fall under conviction and is subject to the judge's decision
>>
>>30423035

And those people are guaranteed a speedy trial and due process.

If someone hates you they can find a way to fuck you over with the legal system. They might as well file frivolous lawsuits against you. The system works as intended the majority of the time for the majority of the people. We're not going to empower abusers for the sake of the dumb asshole who has a psycho gf.
>>
>>30423122
I suppose it depends on what you view as acceptable loses of rights. Delaying my ability to buy a gun due to a false claim? Fine safety first, but how far is it from that to false claims to confiscation? If someone is convicted then sure go to work, but no conviction means you don't get to stop access to rights. At least that's how I feel. Though there are compromises since I was wrong and it's not investigation, but protective orders that prevent access.
>>
>>30423122
>The system works as intended the majority of the time for the majority of the people. We're not going to empower abusers for the sake of the dumb asshole who has a psycho gf.

eh this is where shit goes south. Most courts will just go with whatever the female says because feels and emotion
>>
>>30422994
>they begged her to say i hit her
Fucking what
>>
File: 1455678081851.jpg (135 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1455678081851.jpg
135 KB, 1280x853
>>30422922
It sounds to me as if you have anger issues, OP, and possibly a pending domestic abuse charge...
>>
>>30422922
>you can lose a basic human right.

Not a basic human right, a constitutional right of US citizens.
>>
>>30423164
constitution doesn't give you rights it just specifies the rights you were born with and tells anyone that tries to take them away to go fuck themselves
>>
>>30423121
>Ahhh right you are. Although the protective order doesn't really fall under conviction and is subject to the judge's decision

A long-term protective order (more than a week or two, depending on state law) usually has an evidence requirement. There is no state that does not require some burden of evidence in order to establish a protective order, though the amount of evidence varies by state. (i.e. preponderance of evidence vs. reasonable cause)
>>
File: 1390671769633.jpg (55 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
1390671769633.jpg
55 KB, 346x346
>>30423164
The US constitution recognizes and protects the right to bear arms as a pre-existing right.

Whether this right is "granted" by God or the English common law at the time is not specified.

I maintain the right to bear arms is indeed a God-given right.
>>
>>30423182
Yeah but since it's loosely defined at best there is no standardization and leaves a lot of wiggle rooms.
>>
File: didn't read.gif (521 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
didn't read.gif
521 KB, 300x269
>now
Its always worked like this

If a man views marriage as a "goal", he deserves whatever comes to him.
>>
>>30423075
>That right there's a real paragon of virtue you're defending OP. Some people just aren't responsible enough to have guns.

That's really supposed to be irrelevant whether he's a shitlord or not.
>>
>>30422948
cancer
>>
>>30422966
/thread
>>
>>30423177

No, the constitution specifies some rights of citizens in order to limit the power of government.

>Preamble to the Bill of Rights:
>THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

You might believe that the Constitution merely reiterates inalienable human rights, but that's not what the Constitution says.
>>
>>30423153
White knights gonna white knight.
>>
>>30423153
Most police officers are white knights looking for someone to suck them off.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/05/12/underage-sex-scandal-rocks-oakland-police-department/
>>
>>30423218
shitlords can own guns. people who are historically prone to enacting physical violence on another human being outside of self defense can not.

be a dumb bastard who doesn't hurt people without reason = can own guns

be a dumb bastard who hurts people without reason = cannot own guns anymore

who are you defending?
>>
>>30423188

The right to defend yourself is a natural right.

> a God-given right.

Your imaginary sky-daddy didn't do shit for you today, did he?
>>
I'm not a wifebeater, but Thomas made a good point against it.

>Thomas said that under the majority’s reading of the law a single conviction under a state assault statute for recklessly causing an injury to a family member — such as texting while driving — can now trigger a lifetime ban on gun ownership. “And while it may be true that such incidents are rarely prosecuted, this decision leaves the right to keep and bear arms up to the discretion of federal, state and local prosecutors,” he wrote.

I think criminals should have rights restored after they do their time.
>>
>>30423195

No, most states have a very explicit definition both of what domestic abuse is and what evidentary standard is required to effect a protective order.

The lack of standardization may or may not be a problem, but nothing is loosely defined.

http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/migrated/domviol/pdfs/Standards_of_Proof_by_State.authcheckdam.pdf
>>
>>30423259
he made you miserable and that's good enough for me
>>
>>30423259
oh hey do you happen to be an atheist? would you mind telling us?
>>
>>30423188
>The US constitution recognizes and protects the right to bear arms as a pre-existing right.

The constitution says nothing about recognizing pre-existing rights. It's very explicit that the constitution is a contract of governance between the people of a country, the state governments and the federal government.
>>
>>30422966
Yea but is it right?

For real brah I'm a pimp of sorts in Little K town. Sometimes I got my girls stayin at my residence using my mail box as payment support.

So because I supposed to love them? Man sometimes you gotta beat a bitch stupid. If I get hold up and go to jail I realize this, part of the game. But I'm supposed to lose my guns because some hoe I smacked gets her government checks sent here? I don't think so, we ain't even have kids bilogicilly.
>>
>>30423218

OP is making the case that this poor guy is having his rights unfairly taken away. At that point it entirely matters whether or not he's a shitlord. We already know that he's guilty in the eyes of the law, so OP is arguing that what happened to him is unfair.

An example of a domestic abuse conviction I would overlook for firearms ownership: Two college roommates get drunk and get in a fight, the cops come and prosecute them both with domestic abuse.

A domestic abuse charge I wouldn't overlook:
Bastard beats his girlfriend, claims it wasn't intentional but "reckless", and oh yeah he likes to shoot bald eagles.
>>
File: satanist.jpg (17 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
satanist.jpg
17 KB, 450x350
>>30423272
>>
>>30422922

>Sotomayor dissented.

That's interesting. Sotamayor, seems to think for herself more than the other lib justices.
>>
>>30423122
>Get accused of domestic abuse and lose gun rights till proven innocent
>Wait 1+ years till it goes to trial
>Speedy
By that logic, the 9 month wait time is 'speedy.' yet I hear people complain about how long that is pretty regularly.

Regardless, stripping someone of rights without a conviction is not due process. Even if they're under investigation, as that is treating them as if they are guilty. The system is suppose to be innocent till proven guilty.

I bet you support the watch list gun ban too, don't you.
>>
>>30423322
9 month NFA wait time.
>>
>>30423259
>natural right
There are no "natural rights" or animals would have the same rights, you fuckin' tard.
>>
>>30423262
I guess nobody is reading-up on the details of the case.

Fucking summerfags.
>>
>>30423262
Consider that the US has one of the highest re-incarceration rates in the world, I think not
>>
>>30423338
animals do have the natural right of self defense. a deer will hoof you to death and people get mauled by bears all the time.

natural right in action humans are just better at using tools
>>
>>30423278
You will notice in the language the right to bear arms is referred to as a pre-existing right.

Justice Antonin Scalia said so himself, before Democrats murdered him.
>>
>>30423122
>"speedy trial"
Lmao.
I got hit with a bullshit misdemeanor charge once. It took one year and four months before I got to court.
>>
>>30423430
Wow, all that time and you were facing a court appearance and you didn't even bother to research what constitutes a speedy trial?
>>
>>30423375
>get non-violent felony or violent misdemeanor (sometimes even non-violent misdemeanor)
>can't vote
>can't hold a job
>can't go to school
>can't own a gun
>surprised why people give up and turn to illicit means to make money
>>
>>30423375

That's not a good reason. That's just proof that our prisons are shitholes that aren't fit for purpose.
>>
>>30423500
>>30423523

Wow, it's almost like the American prison system is a bad system based on emotions and feelings.
>>
>>30423500
>hates just criminal justice system
>doesn't want to take responsibility for his own actions

Who'd have thought?
>>
>>30423575
>implying I'm a criminal
Like I said, if a person is too dangerous to vote, hold a job, or own a gun, they shouldn't have been released from prison.
>>
>>30423153
I'm a white guy she's a black female, we lived in a blacker area. Responding officers were black, 2 male, 1 female. They kept telling her it's okay and not to be afraid of me and how I can't hurt her any more.

I have wine all over myself and carpet, XBOX/PS4 are ripped from the media center and she's telling them she instigated and assisted me.

Still wasn't good enough lol.
>>
>>30423590
>what are sentencing structures and constitutionality

Ignoring that, how are we going to continue to pay for people locked away in prisons never to get out? How are we going to house them all?
>>
>>30423153
My brother was walking across the street a couple years ago, he got hit by a woman driving a Jeep. The police showed up, EMTs said he was fine, and the woman was crying, the police asked my brother multiple times if he was crossing on a red, and he said no. As a matter of fact, the woman driving admitted that she had ran a red, and there were about a dozen witnesses who all backed it up, but they kept asking. The real kicker? This happened in California, where even if my brother had been crossing while he wasn't allowed to, the car would still be at fault.
>>
>>30423644
>How are we going to house them all?
You miss the point entirely; we aren't.
>>
>>30423105
People die if they are killed.
>>
File: 1413051866088.jpg (57 KB, 625x408) Image search: [Google]
1413051866088.jpg
57 KB, 625x408
>>30423105
name one other constitutionally protected right that can be stripped from you for a misdemeanor.

Go on, I'll wait.
>>
>>30423905
the right to travel when you go to jail
>>
>>30423144
you watch too much tv.
>>
>>30422994
then she went away in a police car and SHE was charged with domestic battery

on the premise that your post isnt completely pulled from your anal crevice

even though it is.
>>
>>30422922
I don't know about the history of case law with felonies vs misdemeanors in US constitutional law, so I'll probably read the opinions, but...
>conviction

>>30423182
Even if there is some form of evidence required, I'm not sure how that works with due process of law guaranteed by the 5th or 14th (depending on jurisdiction).

Anyone smarter than me know the answer?
>>
>>30423929
if you say so
>>
>>30423920
Does a person who is sent to jail lose his rights to travel forever?
>>
>>30422922
If you're tried for domestic abuse, can't you go back and do it since you were already tried?
>>
>>30423954
you didn't say forever you just said

>name one other constitutionally protected right that can be stripped from you for a misdemeanor.
>>
File: 1413195107464.jpg (24 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1413195107464.jpg
24 KB, 400x462
>>30423978
And the subject of the thread is the permanent loss of second amendment rights for those convicted of a misdemeanor domestic charge. Go fuck yourself right in your stupid face.
>>
>All these personal stories of whatever as proof
>Anecdotes are now evidence
>Stories on an anonymous saudi bacon-curing site are now evidence

One time when I was living in Slovenia, Putin came and gave me a t90 for my birthday. Then we had cake and drank brandy while shooting my m80. im totes legit guys
>>
>>30423905
..............your right....your right to.....
You're right.

Fag.
>>
>>30424004
are you just mad because nobody agrees with you?
>>
File: cluebat-applied.jpg (97 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
cluebat-applied.jpg
97 KB, 500x375
>>30424028
>>30423905
>>
>>30422922
>Gun ownership rights can be denied to people who commit reckless acts of domestic violence
this is good, desu
>>
>>30424004
>Go fuck yourself right in your stupid face.
>Auto-fellatio
I would if I could desu
>>
>>30423905

Yes, Justice Thomas, you are exactly correct. Sadly, precedence is not the only factor in considering new legislation.

Not only that, but since the government has a compelling interest in protecting battered family members from further violence coupled with an extremely narrow tailored rovokation of the right after a criminal conviction, I would argue this passes strict scrutiny just fine.
>>
>>30423153
standard operating procedure in domestic violence calls is to ask bluntly if the man struck the woman, and this is repeated and asked in about 3 different ways because 99% of the time women will lie to protect their husband.
>>
>>30423937
Definitely not how that happened. Police left and she refused to leave my house. Woke up the next day and we stayed together for about 3 more months. I have 90% of it on a thumb drive because a couple minutes in I realized it was worth recording.
>>
>>30423905
people basically become pariah if they get a criminal record so this isn't exactly unique
>>
File: 1308915045923.jpg (48 KB, 740x419) Image search: [Google]
1308915045923.jpg
48 KB, 740x419
>>30424054
>taking his firearms away is going to protect a 5 foot 2, 130 lb woman from a 6+ foot, 200+ lb man
>>
>>30422922
How does this change anything?

The men would have been charged anyway without the supreme court.

They didn't rule on the constitutionality of gun control based on "domestic violence" history did they?

Wouldn't repealing the GCA negate all of this?
>>
>>30423024
>Try not getting into shitty relationships with crazy bitches.
I've managed to follow this advice fantastically, have a wonderful marriage and kids with a stable wife, life is good.

That said, I've dated a girl for a couple months who a while after we broke up decided she was some form of /lgbt/ or another and shaved her head, dyed the remainder purple, and started marching in pride parades topless. She seemed totally straight the entire time we were dating, and after we broke up she dated several other guys that I'm aware of.

Sometimes you think they're normal, and they aren't. The only way to find out is to give them a chance, and some of them will turn out to be psychotics who will hit themselves and file false abuse charges against you. So the only way to actually follow your advice is basically
>3DPD4life, because you never know man!
>>
File: 1393740939849.gif (1 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1393740939849.gif
1 MB, 240x180
>>30424054
The government has a compelling interest in protecting motorists from further danger caused by criminal drivers convicted of a misdemeanor moving violation, doesn't it? I think I'll take your driver's license away forever because you ran a stop sign. It's not even a constitutionally protected right, is it? Surely you agree with this.
>>
>>30424117

I didn't say it was a wonderfully effective law. I'd need a metric ton of hard-to-acquire data.

I'm just pointing out the legislation obviously passes strict scrutiny guidelines, which are the most strict requirements we have for limiting the Bill of Rights.
>>
File: 1336936861133.png (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1336936861133.png
52 KB, 500x500
>>30424179
>the government needs to a thing
>so it can pass a law that doesn't a thing
>this is ok
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>to all of the fucking retards in this thread who agree with this decision

This is a PERMANENT loss of a constitutional right due to a misdemeanor. This sets a dangerous precedent. It means that the average joe (relatively speaking) in your local government OR a loved one in your home can fuck you over for the rest of your life.

Everyone cheering this ruling is gonna be pissed off when people with misdemeanors can't vote anymore (this will happen if this decision is built upon)

Or when people with misdemeanors on their records no longer enjoy the 5th Amendment protection against criminal self-incrimination.

Or when people who engage in a political protest, march, rally, or sit-in are no longer allowed to use the Internet or associate with known dissidents if they have a misdemeanor on their record.

Don't you people get it? This is how it starts. They CHOOSE crimes that are awful (like wife beating) so that any who oppose their efforts look like wifebeating assholes. It's all an effort to get as many people as possible banned from firearms ownership (de facto ban). This is a serious undermining of gun rights. But even worse, it's an undermining of your rights in general.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. WTF, /K/.
>>
File: 1300184202404.jpg (31 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
1300184202404.jpg
31 KB, 300x444
>crazy bitch accuses you of domestic violence
"It FELT like he was LITERALLY PUNCHING ME when he DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE"
>no evidence
>zero harm to her
>cops pressure her to say things about you
>jury of 12 people too stupid to duck jury duty want to get their justice cock off by convicting a dirty wifebeater
>convicted of yelling at a women on hearsay evidence
>guns taken away forever
>second amendment supporting firearms enthusiasts on a taiwanese hair braiding forum all cluck and titter about how righteous the laws are

I seriously fucking hate you cucks.
>>
>>30424223
calm down

everyone is agreeing with domestic abusers losing their right to own arms but generally pretty divided on them having the capability to eventually own firearms again

thats what people should be arguing for instead of the one or two morons who think johnny wife stabber should still be able to buy a gun
>>
>>30423338
>There are no "natural rights"
But that runs directly contrary to the foundign ethos of the society you live in, chucklefuck.

>>30424166
But I thought they were born that way.

>>30424223
And now we'll see the definition of 'domestic abuse' dialed down and down until you can get your guns taken away if you get into a shouting argument with your spouse.
>>
File: 1439166487701.jpg (50 KB, 1235x486) Image search: [Google]
1439166487701.jpg
50 KB, 1235x486
>>30424333
I was listening to NPR today
>I am a masochist
The example that the cunt reporter gave of reckless behavior was "the man throws a dish at the wall which bounces off and goes towards the woman"
>mfw some jew from Everytown gets airtime to tell da goyim whatta great decision dis is.
>>
>>30424040
Good because of feminism or good because it gives weak people the chance to make baseless accusations against law abiding gun owners?

There is no good that can come of this and everyone here damn well knows it. Everyone who's ever had a psycho ex, or an anti gun member of their extended family, or an acquaintance who doesn't like the fact that they are a gun owner now is at the mercy of an anonymous phone call that not only starts a family welfare investigation but will permanently strip them of the right to own a firearm whether that investigation pans put or not.
>anecdote time from good old Cuckafornia
>buddy gets involved with a vagina toting bag of mixed nuts
>calls it off after 6 months because of her deep seeded psychological needs (daddy issues, past abuse, addiction level dependence on weed, to name a few)
>gets clear of her, changes his number, thinks he's free
>ITS A TRAP
>bitch goes around stirring up shit through side friends and mutual friends
>Calibro keeps cool and just repeats "I don't wanna see her"
(Froggy cheese eater accent) 4 months later
>psycho hoe turns up at his work makes a scene gets the cops called
>he's begging the cops to just make her leave
>she turns around and files a restraining order citing stalking, domestic abuse, and a rape attempt (all unfounded of course)
>cops serve Calibro
>he goes to court where she produces not a single witness, no phone or internet records, and only a pair of pictures of wrist bruises without a time stamp or anything
>multiple character witnesses for Calibro including his highly decorated Explorers post advisor, coworkers, and friends
>judge presides for about twenty minutes (bathroom break I guess)
>comes back and declares she must make an example of this case, that young men of his standing are not above the law, justice ignores protection, blah blah blah.
(Will finish)
>>
>>30424177

Did said violation result in severe harm or death to the other motorist? I'm not aware of too many of moving violations of that kind that result in misdemeanors, but there's probably some.

For now, let's say a DUI resulting in an broken arm is a misdemeanor, since like assault, you intentionally have to climb behind the wheel intoxicated. Removing your license to drive is not as strictly a narrow ruling as the domestic abuse case, since revoking a license can have a severe impact on your ability to earn income or get your children to school. A firearm provides defense and entertainment, which most jurors and justices aren't going to give the same weight as a right to operate a vehicle.

2nd, a breathalyzer on the ignition would also qualify as a narrower restriction on your right to drive without impacting on your ability to earn an income, etc.
>>
File: 1434696582634.jpg (661 KB, 958x775) Image search: [Google]
1434696582634.jpg
661 KB, 958x775
"As we see it, this case turns on the unique nature of
§ 922(g)(9). That section is meant to ensure that individuals who
engage in the "seemingly minor act[s]" that actually constitute domestic violence, like squeezing and shoving, may not possess a
firearm."

>squeezing and shoving

Watch out boys, don't be giving your wives hugs anymore.
>>
>>30423080
If some spiteful woman puts a restraining order on you just ro make your life harder your fucked though. Also what about that journalist who got denied because of domestic violence which he lied about on his 4473
>>
File: 1424314751109.jpg (14 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
1424314751109.jpg
14 KB, 228x228
>>30424281
Top fucking kek
>>
>>30423295
You chosen that lifestyle, comes with it bro. Wipe yo own ass.
>>
>>30424394

Which is why Justice Sotomayor earned my respect today. Both she and Justice Thomas addressed the difference in severety between the state charges and the federally-binding results.

'Writing in dissent, Justice Clarence Thomas, joined by Justice Sonia Sotomayor, rejected the majority's "overly broad conception of a use of force." In the Thomas-Sotomayor view, "the majority blurs the distinction between recklessness and intentional wrongdoing" and thereby does a grave injustice to criminal defendants.'
>>
File: 1308916091909.jpg (32 KB, 700x406) Image search: [Google]
1308916091909.jpg
32 KB, 700x406
>>30424387
Do you think a man who causes severe harm or death to his spouse through domestic abuse is going to get a misdemeanor?

most moving traffic violations are misdemeanors (varies by state). Run a red light? misdemeanor. Hit someone while doing so and cause injury? Felony.

You're a fag and I hope to god you're never involved in any facet of the justice system or lawmaking.
>>
>>30423312
Oh, hey, you got a Saint Peter's cross on your head. You must be a devout catholic, right?

I fucking swear, most satanists know less about their own religion than christians.
>>
>>30424382
>judge throws the book at him, orders him to hand over all weapons he owns, labels him a flight risk pending charges, and a two thousand yard restraining order between him and her, her job, home, school, and not contact.
>Calibro's credit gets ducked, his Air Force recruiter stops answering his calls, and he's restricted to travelling within the county.

Of course psycho bitch drops the charges after a little over a month, right before prelims to an actual trial. But the appeals to drop the orders to the judge have apparently fallen on deaf ears. It's been almost a year now. He's been in a holding pattern in his life hoping and praying for results.

Idiotic legislation like this SCOTUS ruling only hurts good people. Undeserving people. This is where weakness and hysteria leads us.
>Oppression and injustice for all.
>>
>>30422948
absolute trash
>>
>>30424493
You know what you need to do.
>>
>>30424512
Please explain.
>>
>>30424468
> Do you think a man who causes severe harm or death to his spouse through domestic abuse is going to get a misdemeanor.

Joe Blow comes home to find out his wife didn't run the errand like he asked her and brakes her arm, i.e. aggravated domestic abuse. It sounds like we may be in agreement that he may not be up to snuff to handle a firearm. (Barring rehabilitation, counseling, etc. but that's a separate issue.)

Instead, Joe Blow just uses a left hook on the woman who shares his bed. This guy, though, he's probably okay?

I don't know why you got all pissy, but if you want me to agree that felony offenders (and in this specific case, misdemeanor offenders) deserve a path back to full citizenship, cool. 100% agreement. Maybe it will help with our shitty recidivism rates.

I just happen to think guys who deck their wives (not push, not pinch, not kick in the shins, etc.) probably don't have the mustard to handle machinery that spits rocks out at 900m/s in a responsible manner.
>>
>>30424223
>a slippery slope to surpass metal gear

Relax, son. Just don't get married. You'll have more money to spend on guns and anime that way, too.
>>
>>30424281
Show me one example of this scenario playing out.
>>
>>30424688
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/391278/how-false-domestic-violence-charge-ruined-nba-career-j-delgado
>>
File: 1466314774389.png (38 KB, 185x233) Image search: [Google]
1466314774389.png
38 KB, 185x233
>>30422922
>Thomas and Justice Sonia Sotomayor dissented.
>Justice Sonia Sotomayor dissented
>Justice Sonia Sotomayor
>>
>>30422922
Sotomayor dissented, really?
I'm surprised.
>>
>>30424688
show me one example of removed firearms saving a woman's life. As the claimant, burden of proof is on you :^)

Don't worry son, once you graduate from middle school you'll soon learn about psycho bitches.
>>
Am I radical in thinking that violent felons and people convicted of violent crimes should still have the right to own firearms at a legal level because nowhere on the constitution does it say they can't (shall not be infringed and all that)? I think that gun store owners have the right to refuse service to anybody for any reason too
>>
File: 41YVNjudYpL._SY450_.jpg (21 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
41YVNjudYpL._SY450_.jpg
21 KB, 338x450
>Getting married, ever, or even having a girlfriend in a time where their word alone can completely decimate your entire life just because they feel like it

Retarded as fuck, to be perfectly honest with you.
>>
>>30424333
Phil, you have to understand that many of us agree with the conclusions of Enlightenment thinkers while at the the same time believing that calling something a natural (i.e. God-granted) right doesn't do jack shit to prevent some jack boot from trouncing all over it.

We don't give a shit if you believe a man's right to defend his home comes from God or general secular principles. We have your back either way.
>>
File: 1422340913775s.jpg (4 KB, 122x125) Image search: [Google]
1422340913775s.jpg
4 KB, 122x125
>>30424597
If the evidence is so flimsy that the notoriously anti-male biased family law courts can't prove a felony aggravated assault, Mr. Blow does not deserve to lose firearms forever.

Rehabing a felon is another topic all together.

>I just happen to think

I just happen to think that your feelings are a really shitty way to write laws, especially when you're a fedora-clad white knight turbofag.
>>
>>30424688
All the anecdotal evidence in the world wouldn't set you straight
>>
>>30424767
> Nowhere on the constitution does it say they cannot

Fifth amendment, bro-ski.

No person [...] shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.

I.e., the government (i.e. you, me, and the rest of society) can take your guns, your house, or even your life if found guilty in a court of law.
>>
>>30424744
>>30424763
I'm actually astonished that she dissented.
>>
>>30424867
> I just happen to think that your feelings are a really shitty way to write laws

Guess my vote will just have to cancel yours out then, eh hombre?
>>
>>30424767
Virginia apparently thinks that violent felons who served their time (and a few who have served their time but have extended sentences because they are too dangerous to release) should be able to exercise their right to vote.

If they can exercise the right to vote, then surely we should be able to trust them with firearms again on at least a provisional basis. They served their time and paid their debt to society. Our reconviction rate might not be as staggeringly high if we actually treated felons who served their time as members of society who could work, vote, get educations, have their rights fully restored, and are not politically and economically disenfranchised for life.
>>
>>30424936
You should probably just throw away the fedora because it makes you look like a complete retard and it's not going to help you in your pointless quest to get some pussy and pass on your weak, defective genes.

It would probably be for the best if you took your katana and committed seppuku in order to regard your honor.
>>
>>30424920
More women abuse men that's why. But you don't hear about it only the men on women.
>>
File: 1367523554530.jpg (236 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1367523554530.jpg
236 KB, 1440x900
>>30424936
I'd be happy to let you count my votes :^)
>>
>>30422922
you do know that all the items on the 4473 are either self admitting, or require a conviction right?

"accusation" does nothing if you aren't convicted of it.
>>
>>30422922
What do you want? gash runs the show now. That cunt Hillary will be running the show soon and it's really going to get fun.
>>
>>30423035
not for DV or felonies. those require convictions from a court.
>>
>>30425034
Source
>>
>>30425063
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_in_Conflict:_Soviet_Assault
>>
>>30423121
protective orders require a preponderance of evidence and long term ones require actual witnesses or subtantive evidence to be authorized. temporary orders that are only a month long or less can be handed out, but that just means you can't buy a gun for a month.

and no, temporary orders are not renewable. either you have enough evidence for trial, enough for a protective order, or enough for a temporary one. you can't keep renewing the same one over and over again.
>>
>>30423144
no. that only works in civil trails like divorce or custody or something. criminal trial is very strict in how it works because there are very severe penalties to procedural error - usually with the case thrown out. fabricating evidence is jail time or a felony. lying under oath too. and so on.

stop confusing things with what you believe and read or witness how it actually is.
>>
>>30425119
>fabricating evidence is jail time or a felony. lying under oath too. and so on.
see

>>30424736
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/391278/how-false-domestic-violence-charge-ruined-nba-career-j-delgado
From the article:
>If you’re wondering whether authorities will charge this woman with perjury, think again. Forged documents, false allegations, and defamatory lies in police reports or restraining-order petitions are met with a shrug. The county attorney refused to charge Cunningham’s accuser with making a false police report, telling the AP he was reluctant to bring those charges for fear of “a chilling effect” such an action might have on future victims of domestic violence.
>>
>>30423161
Cute girlfriend. How far along is she?
>>
>>30425159
> Pregnant women
> At the gun range

Please tell me this is not a thing.
>>
>>30425186
No, she's just a fat fuck whose belly extends past her tits.

>Literally nigger tier<
>>
>>30425186
I don't see the problem if they wash up properly afterwards and the baby isn't far along enough that it has eardrums.
>>
>>30425198
Much worse are
>tattoo(s)
>lip piercing

Into the trash it goes!
>>
>>30425209
> The baby isn't far along enough that it has eardrums

Which is not long after the 1st trimester, 16-20 weeks or so. If she's showing, it's probably best not to risk it.
>>
>>30425100
>preponderance of evidence
i.e. whether or not you are allowed to exercise your second amendment rights is entirely up to a judge's discretion. Pretending that the denial of rights without a conviction is anything but a gross violation of due process and a travesty to our justice system is dangerous thinking that can only lead to worse tyrannies.
>>
>>30424585
no he fucking doesnt.
>>
Every day my foreveralone status becomes more and more of an advantage.
>>
>>30422922
Isn't this already a fucking thing?
>>
>>30424585
I just enjoy saying that in situations where it isn't clear what to do.

Probably file for a restraining order first, whenever you have crazy bitch problems.

Failing that, do him a favor and take care of the problem.
>>
>>30423075
>That right there's a real paragon of virtue you're defending OP. Some people just aren't responsible enough to have guns.
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
>>
>>30425467

And yet he deplored democracy. But he loved Twain and married an Alabama suffragette, so I cannot dislike the man.
>>
>>30423259
*tips fedora*
>>
>>30423375
...because they have no fucking rights and can't find a decent job, usually. This shit is what causes the recidivism that creates repeat offenders. You either paid your due to society while in prison or not
>>
>>30423392
Remind me why it's standard procedure to hunt down and kill animals that kill people then?
>>
>>30425422
actually, no.
>>
>>30425567
it isn't standard procedure to kill an animal that has killed a human being

its just commonly done to recover remains and make emotional people feel better
>>
>>30425615
So you're saying that animals don't actually have the same rights as people?
>>
>>30425652
if a deer beats you to death because you attempted to rape it nobody blames the deer
>>
>>30424463
She honestly is against the "criminization of America" if I am saying it right, with this and the 4th case that just came out, and I like her for that, in that she is acknowledging that a lot of behaviors are slowly becoming criminalized.
>>
>>30424920
if you knew anything about her, you shouldn't be. She is against criminzation of minor offenses because of the disproportionate effect on minorities, her dissent on the recent police arrest makes perfect sense with this.

Hell, if you wanted to kill no fly lists you would want her and pray to god that Kennedy would join you.
>>
>>30425568
Explain.
>>
>>30425037

>Accusation does nothing if you aren't convicted of it

Do you honestly believe that? Even "allegedly" doing something wrong gets you fucking fired on the spot. Being accused of rape or murder still means your entire life is going to be turned upside down, you're still going to lose shitloads of money on legal fees, and you're lucky if your face isn't plastered all over the local news. Your life is basically fucked the second someone points their finger at you.
>>
>>30424484

nigga an upside down cross is pretty widely accepted as a satanist symbol, stop trying to act smart.
>>
>>30424223
It's threads like these, that remind me /k/ is only OK with gun rights for themselves.
>>
>>30423278
>The constitution says nothing about recognizing pre-existing rights

It's stated in so many words in the Ninth Amendment. Rights don't need to be listed to exist; they exist already, and the Constitution gives the Federal government fairly limited powers to abridge them. It's a modern legal perversion to think of the Bill of Rights as a list of things the government can't do. The original understanding was that the government could *only* do what was specified in the Constitution, and nothing else. The Bill of Rights was just an extra security for those who were (rightly, as it turned out) afraid that the government would overstep its limits.

Amendment 9: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment 10: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
>>
>>30426437
This. Good luck getting hired anywhere else as an accused rapist when it's the first thing anyone googling you pulls up (and the retraction/disproving of the claim doesn't even make the online paper).

Have fun when getting googled is becoming common even before a date.

Good luck being known around town and in your family/friend groups as "the rapist".
>>
>>30423338
>There are no "natural rights" or animals would have the same rights, you fuckin' tard.

You have no idea what Natural Right is, do you? It's only one of the most fundamental concepts of rights from Aristotle through Thomas Aquinas to the Enlightenment.

Please try to undo the damage of the indoctrination and aging vat you (like so many of us) wasted much of your young life in. It's never too late.
>>
>>30426802

Assuming your family/friends don't disown you instantly because you're a horrible rapist.

The only way this story ends is with you competing with illegals for under the table manual labor jobs before finally blowing your fucking brains out in the middle of the woods.
>>
>>30423905
Certain misdemeanors get you put on the sex offender's list, meaning you lose a right to privacy.
>>
>>30426913
Basically, though mine would probably give me the benefit of the doubt since I'm exceedingly straightlaced.

Don't worry, I still learned from all the poor saps who got suckered into these situations. "Where have all the good men gone?" is what female columnists are writing now. My answer is that I went to Asia and found an introvert who isn't interested in befriending western women, now that we're back here in the states, who might poison her into their vapid lifestyles.
>calling myself a good man is probably a bit much but I do have a decent job/am in reasonable shape/clean up pretty well
>>
>>30426996
That's not strictly a constitutionally protected right unless you're counting it under the 9th, reread the amendments.
>>
>>30427038
Case law surrounding the 4th holds people have a right to privacy.
>>
>>30422922
>Justice Sonia Sotomayor dissented.
surprised
>>
>>30427065
Fair enough. I thought it was only in their own homes though, considering public spaces and the widespread use of surveillance cameras (not to mention shit like the NSA dragnets).

That's not even getting into things like stop-and-frisk.
>>
>>30424223
Criminal punishment for a criminal act almost implies implies the loss or infingment of some rights of the guilty. Our law has always held rights can be infringed after due process has occurred, assuming the punishment doesn't violate the 8th. It is up to us as a society to decide what our punishments are for breaking the law, and for a long time we as a people have said that the punishment for certain crimes is the permanent loss of certain rights.
>>
No 2nd Amendment issues were considered.

http://www.scotusblog.com/2016/06/opinion-analysis-federal-use-of-force-encompasses-reckless-domestic-violence-misdemeanor-offenses/
>>
>>30423241
Holy shit pls tell me that they let him go
>>
>>30422922
Cite to case?

Too lazy to look up.
>>
>>30423236
>public confidence in the government
>has a whole amendment just to protect against a tyrannical one
>thinking the founding fathers would fall for the semantic jew
>>
>>30423937
Women are convicted at one tenth the rate of men for domestic violence even though 40% of domestic violence police reports involve female assailants.
>>
>>30423015
Is cute how you trust the Justice system.
>>
>>30423105
No it's not
>>
>>30423177
This guy gets it.
>>
>>30423262
Damn right they should
>>
>>30423338
Who says they don't asswipe.
>>
>>30423375
Get fucked.
>>
>>30425567
Because people are dumb fucks. By your logic genocide is ok cause other people do it.
>>
>>30424028
I agree with him.
>>
>>30422922
>"some cunt's word"

you only get banned if you are convicted of a violent act.

just read the article, it's right there.
>>
>>30424179
There's the big issue. "Limiting rights". It's a right not a privilege.
>>
What about stiffer penalties for false accusations?
>>
>>30430041
>stiffer penalties

Like what?

It's already a crime. You can already go to jail for it.
>>
>>30423259
The natural law ethical doctrine was penned by St. Thomas Aquinas, and was (and still is despite that jesuit fruitloop) the ethical doctrine of the Catholic church. The natural law was hereto passed down by god.

In amalgamating ethical theory during the enlightenment, such theory inspired Hobbes and Locke with natural rights theory:

Hobbes: Individuals have a natural right to survive
Locke: Humans have the natural rights of life liberty and property

Several protestant reformation movements followed the natural rights tenets

"In the theological context, natural rights are defined by the obligations that God passes down to man. In an example from the Bible, the ‘natural’ right to life is established by God’s commandment “Thou shall not kill.” For example, Locke’s right to property is based on the theological assumptions that (1) God “gave the world in common to all mankind” and (2) individuals are under an obligation to respect the rights of others because they are all God’s works.3"

https://philosophynow.org/issues/10/Natural_Rights

A natural right is a godly right
>>
>>30422922
Sotomayor dissented?! Wut?
>>
The groups most known for wife beating are hispanic and black, this ruling isn't all bad guys.
>>
>>30423961
There is the kicker, you can be tried for a seperate incident, but the court will have lost all faith in her.
Still it would be much much more prudent to just dump the bitch and count your losses - cut all contact
>>
>>30426459
diff anon and also satanist, symbols can have different meanings just like words can have different meanings
>>
>>30423075
>pleads guilty to domestic abuse
meh

>shoots bald eagle
throw the book at this dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>30430126
>>30424484
>>
>>30424493
It sounds like in his scenario, as soon as she began stalking his friends, that he should have gotten a restraining order.

Seriously if you cut ties and the hoe comes back do it before it gets stupid
>>
>>30430041

Perjury is a felony.
>>
>>30423188
That's not an argument
>>
>>30424597
I agree but rights are not granted nor are they contingent on responsibility.
>>
>>30424917
That refers to jail and or death sentences not free men.
>>
>>30427122
the problem is we're talking about a condition where someone's word, without witnesses or evidence (or even WITH evidence to the contrary), can strip you of your rights.
>>
>>30430065
>>30430158
neither of which have any bearing on false rape/DV accusations.

From the article:
>If you’re wondering whether authorities will charge this woman with perjury, think again. Forged documents, false allegations, and defamatory lies in police reports or restraining-order petitions are met with a shrug. The county attorney refused to charge Cunningham’s accuser with making a false police report, telling the AP he was reluctant to bring those charges for fear of “a chilling effect” such an action might have on future victims of domestic violence.
>>
>>30422922
>hindering your initiatory spirit by dating the vaginal jew
>risking your constitutional rights for some pussy
Serves you right
>>
>>30426996
You can't loose rights. The government illegally takes them.
>>
>>30427122
Temporarily while in jail.
>>
You're retarded
This is for CONVICTIONS, not the whole "say something and you lose your rights bullshit

This has been law for a long ass time
>>
>>30424493

> shit I made up for 800
>>
>>30427201
Of course not, it's illegal to touch a woman without her permission, even if you're doing it to defend yourself.
>>
>>30423241

What the fuck is even happening in that picture? Did they let an actual schitzophreniac ride the train? It looks like she has some kind of a seizure at the start.

Also the way the video is perfectly framed and taken at just the right time and the cops appear at just the right time makes it look staged.
>>
>>30422948
kys
>>
>>30423241
Dude in webm was in the wrong though. Even if she assaulted him, she was retreating at the time he confronted her.
>>
>>30422966
>>30422994
About 25 years or so ago my dad's friend got a felony assault and domestic violence record for beating his girlfriend who had lived with him for a couple years. He broke up with her before this started, and she demanded to take his pet cat. He said no, he had the cat long before he met her, it was his cat. She flipped her shit on him because he wanted to break up with her, and she wanted to get back at him by taking his cat. He wasn't having it. She then flipped out, called 911, went outside, slammed her head on the hood of their car, slammed her face on the windshield, slammed her arm in the car door numerous times, and threw herself on the ground. She threw an absolute bitchfit, and this behavior is probably why he wanted to break up with her in the first place. The police came, neighbors told the police she hurt herself and he was standing on the porch doing nothing wrong. They still arrested him, despite 4 neighbors saying the same exact thing. He was convicted despite the jury seeing 4 people claim this woman was just out of her mind, because of the false accusation that they were protecting him. He lost the cat when he went to prison, and the girlfriend got it. She had then faked a fatal illness in the cat and had it put down the same fucking day. He even has polaroids she took of herself poisoning the cat, having it put down, and the cat's dead body being thrown over the side of the road and sent to him in prison. He tried hard to show these to a lawyer, but the DA refused to press charges and animal protection, not large or popular in the area at the time, did nothing. He still has that felony record, never overturned, because she hurt herself and lied about it. Because nobody wanted to actually do anything, this man suffered.

Yeah, if you want to keep your guns, just find a woman who's actually fucking normal. All I can say. If she even starts looking crazy, ignore the daily pussy and move on.
>>
>>30430798
The polaroids were sent to him in prison, not the cat. To clear it up.
>>
>>30424281
you do understand this whole fucking place is full of shills right? just settle down. why do you think there is cuck threads 24/7 365 days a year. you cant really believe being a cuck is all of a sudden happening all over the world do you?
>>
>>30430575
>the video is perfectly framed
She was probably having those seizures before the video was taken

>the cops appear at just the right time
You don't have cops in the train?
>>
>>30430825
>>30430798
might as well find and kill the bitch at that point
>>
>>30424423
that was the gun shop denying him for their own reasons
>>
>>30423122
>The system works as intended the majority of the time for the majority of the people.

>implying the system in California isn't intended to strip as many gun rights away from as many people as possible without getting slapped down by higher courts.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.