[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suppose Scotland decides it can secede. How quickly could England
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
Suppose Scotland decides it can secede. How quickly could England set them straight, militarily, with a minimum of bloodshed and damage to property?

Keep in mind, a significant fraction of the population wants to stay in the UK, so a pro-English government would have a fair amount of legitimacy.
>>
Why would they want to "set them straight"? They're kind of an economic dead zone. England would probably let them go peacefully and be better off for it.
>>
>>30392874
>Suppose Scotland decides it can secede. How quickly could England set them straight, militarily, with a minimum of bloodshed and damage to property?

lol wut?

if they vote leave then they leave fuckwit. no one is going to kill any body over this shit you fucking child

this is britain not the fucking balkans

how many shots do you think were fired when the statutes of westminster were signed?
>>
File: AP98081511880.jpg (581 KB, 2008x1197) Image search: [Google]
AP98081511880.jpg
581 KB, 2008x1197
>>30392935
Mods, please ban this underaged child, he was clearly born in the early 2000s
>>
>>30392964
mods please ban this underage child, he has no fucking idea about the troubles or anything to do with the history of the irish republic and was clearly born yesterday

you're digging an even deeper hole for yourself you fucking retard
>>
>>30392964
That was different, it was Catholics vs Protestants

Not like those barbaric Balkans squabbling over religion
>>
>>30392874
what the fuck are you talking about you fucking idiot
>>
I'm Scottish and if any English tried to tell me what to do I'd knock them clean out
>>
>>30392998
it wasn't even

it was about a minority terrorist group fucking wrecking everything because of their fee fees. most of the that group just happened to be catholic

the home rule movement was historically lead by fucking protestants
>>
>>30392993
The history was that the bongs wanted to keep Northern Ireland, and some of the locals wanted to be part of Ireland itself.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
>>
>>30393014
>I'm Scottish and if any English tried to tell me what to do I'd mainline some more heroin while shouting 'William Wallace!'
>>
>>30393014
why are you scotts for the eu, i thought you guys would be against the eu.
>>
>>30393027
no, the history is that most of the northern irish population wanted to stay in the uk and not join the south, and a bunch of terrorists started killing people and everything went to shit for 30 years

seems pretty straightforward to me
>>
File: scotland_bases_v2.jpg (464 KB, 1280x999) Image search: [Google]
scotland_bases_v2.jpg
464 KB, 1280x999
>>30393018
Some say terrorist, some say freedom fighter.

The point is, you have a bunch of people in England who think the 20th century was the greatest time that ever was, and it's not much of a stretch to see them taking action when they realize they started something that they didn't fully think through.

I imagine the Scots would offer to hand the nukes back to the Queen, but the bongs might want more than that.
>>
>>30393045

I voted Leave but unfortunately most other Scots are retards
>>
If Scotland ever got off scot-free like that I'm sure Ireland would make their move also. Britain would have a two way slugging match on their hands.

Wonder if London City would play a side or just tax haven like normal.
>>
>>30393087
>Scotland
>scot-free

minor kek
>>
>>30392874

There's no reason for the EU to take Scotland even if they do secede because it would be a straight economic drain.
>>
>>30393045
Scotland, like Greece or Spain, its what you might call a leech economy. There are no jobs or meaningful industry there. Without welfare from an external source, the whole country would simply dissolve up its own arse. Now that the English teat is looking uncertain, the eternal Scot is looking for another party to crash.
>>
>>30393068
i literally have no idea what you think your point is

and it's not about 'scotland giving nukes back to the bongs', because those weapons don't belong to scotland in the first place, because scotland is not an independent entity and literally owns nothing. those weapons belong to the queen, they're not the scottish parliaments to give or take away.
>>
File: Inverlochy-daytime.jpg (588 KB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
Inverlochy-daytime.jpg
588 KB, 1400x900
>>30393078
but why? i thought the scotts were badasses, not submissive folks that like stupid laws and more immigration from the third world.
>>
>>30393102
thank you for your answer.
>>
>>30393143
Its a meme. Much like how pretty much no real Australian is like Steve Irwin, no real Scot is Braveheart.
>>
>>30393143
no, the snp is actually a driving force behind immigration, because they're a bunch of fucking commies. they support it in westminster. the relocation of refugees in to scotland has total support of the party.
>>
>>30393143

50/50 between aggressive alcoholic retards and left wing cucks.
>>
File: IRA-gunman.jpg (61 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
IRA-gunman.jpg
61 KB, 615x410
>>30393055
>Muh 32 counties
>Muh Thiocfaidh Ar La

Stfu man you don't know shit about Irish History.
>>
>>30393115
> those weapons don't belong to scotland in the first place
Never said anything about what rightly belongs to whom. But when a territory becomes independent, it might be thought by some people that whatever stuff is on that territory "belongs" to that territory in one sense or another, at least in some contested sense, until some event clarifies the situation further. Therefore, as a sort of clarification, it would be correct to refer the transfer of physical custody of something like nuclear weapons from the state that has sovereignty over the territory in which those weapons resided at the time of independence, to (or "back to" if you prefer) the state from which that territory seceded, as "handing those things back"

I don't know what kind of autistically convoluted phrasing you'd use to describe that kind of thing, but you are welcome to propose your own phrasing rather than having a 'tism tantrum.
>>
File: GTA Images 007 credit BEPTA.jpg (1 MB, 2896x1944) Image search: [Google]
GTA Images 007 credit BEPTA.jpg
1 MB, 2896x1944
>>30393168
i understand that, but still, the scotts seems like the sort of people that don't have time for bullshit and stupidity wich the eu has in abundance.
>>
>the UK commits suicide
>cue assblasted "rule britawhaaaaamommyia" types acting like they totally expected this
LMAO
>>
File: auld-alliance.jpg (17 KB, 200x197) Image search: [Google]
auld-alliance.jpg
17 KB, 200x197
>>30392874
heh...that shit would be waaaay too temping to France.
>>
>>30393196

>Therefore, as a sort of clarification, it would be correct to refer the transfer of physical custody of something like nuclear weapons from the state that has sovereignty over the territory in which those weapons resided at the time of independence

those weapons are in the physical posession of the royal navy and guarded by the royal marines. good luck with that.

no independence would happen without those weapons being relocated beforehand. especially as the snp has wanted to close that base and remove the weapons from geographical scotland since the snp was a thing. it really wouldn't be anything like the collapse of the soviet union, and you can't make easy analogies. basically a scottish exit wouldn't be negotiated between england and scotland, it would be negotiated between scotland and the united kingdom, if that makes sense. the armed forces do not even belong to parliament, they're legally the queen's. it wouldn't be a negotiation between the uk and an independent country, it would be an internal legal settlement and THEN an independent scotland would be created.

if the military had its way the queen would be ruling by the decree and most politicians in the uk would be up against the wall, including the snp.

i understand that perhaps the internal politics of the uk can be a bit opaque.
>>
>>30393196
>I don't know what kind of autistically convoluted phrasing you'd use to describe that kind of thing, but you are welcome to propose your own phrasing rather than having a 'tism tantrum.

just saw this. how about you go fuck yourself? if you can't state your own position clearly, and have no fucking idea about the subject you should fuck off back to your dragon dildoes and stop pretending to any sort of insight, you fucking faggot.
>>
relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1tJJO_pVvQ
>>
>>30393332

There is actually a wonderful Scotch bar in Singapore called the 'Auld Alliance' owned by a French expat. Absolutely worth the trip if you come to the area. Most expensive bottle came from late 1700s and cost ~90k usd
>>
>>30392964
Do you honestly believe that the Brits would willingly kill Scots? I find that hard to believe friend.
>>
>>30394031
Kill em all.

I propose a system where we use secret cameras to monitor the vote and then dissapear any filthy scot who votes to leave.
>>
>>30393236
Maybe you should get your head out of the clouds and then you wouldn't be surprised that romanticized fictional stereotypes aren't true.
>>
>>30392874
the British nuclear arsenal is in Scotland, so if they secede & manage to convince the forces in Scotland to change their allegiance to Independent Scotland, they can do what ever they fucking want.
>>
Pretty quickly; most independence supporters are left-wing candy-asses not IRA tier.
>>
>>30397096
Most Scottish are left-wing candy-asses so that doesn't really matter.

But if Scots vote to get out of the UK, that does mean that they'll probably stay in the EU (since that is half the reason for the referendum).
>>
File: 1459604538968.jpg (54 KB, 350x383) Image search: [Google]
1459604538968.jpg
54 KB, 350x383
>>30393363
Yeah, sure buddy, English isn't your first language and you're trying to educate us in the politics of the UK?
>>
>>30393374
Calm down
>>
>>30392935
this. It would be entirely political, not war
>>
>>30392935
>no one is going to kill any body over this shit
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.