[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know shit about guns, so naturally this is the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I don't know shit about guns, so naturally this is the first place I come to for advice.

I recently moved to Nevada, and I was thinking about getting the Savage 11 Scout. I've done a tiny amount of research on it, as well as others. But I'd like to your opinions on the subject of a "first gun".
>>
First gun, especially if you've never fired one, should ALWAYS be a bolt action .22lr. Always. Learn fundamentals, then move up to larger calibers when you actually have thw skill to use them to their full potential. Dont be that faggot that only ever shoots cans at 10 yards with your 800 dollar scout rifle.
>>
>>30390636
It's not really going to matter what your first gun will be, unless you maybe plan to hunt with it.

You could afford more ammo if you got a rifle chambered in .223/5.56 like the Mini 14, AR-15, Remington 700, etc.
>>
>>30390676
I learned to shoot on a M44 mosin when I was 8.

Try not being a puss?

That aside, I maintain the best gun to learn to shoot on currently is a bolt or lever action 38spc/357mag.
>>
>>30390676
bolt action .22 is the best choice overall for a first gun because theyre so cheap. you get a lot more practice in for the same amount of money. dont listen to the faggots who tell you to buy more expensive guns in calibers that are 3-5x more expensive than .22.
>>
>>30390676
>>30390676
This. My first gun was a gsg 1911 22lr, and until I got myself more and more comfortable holding it, taking it apart to clean,and safety procedures I slowly moved up in caliber and got a 9mm beretta and so on and so on.
>>
>>30390676
Maybe if you're a child. Almost any conventional gun is fine for a first gun as long as it's not in some meme caliber like .50AE. What really matters is cost (of ammo, especially) and comfort holding and firing the weapon.

The idea that you NEED to start with a .22 peashooter is just fudd shit.
>>
>>30390676
I mean I've shot before. I've just never OWNED a gun. I've been shooting plenty with my old man, but I live on my own now and I'm very adamant about some good old American firepower. So I figured I'd buy my own.

Thank you for the input though. I might consider holding back on the .308
>>
>>30390691
I saw the Remington 700 model too. I was considering that as well, but it seems like people tend to agree on waiting to buy higher caliber weapons until they're comfortable.

I'll probably end up doing that, considering I'm balling on an E-2 budget rn
>>
>>30390759
Not him but don't necessarily hold back on 308. It really, in my opinion, is a phenomenal choice for those who have shot before and want a gun to find out what they want. 308 is a little pricey on ammo but if you plan on long range shooting or hunting it will be great. My first gun was a .22 then a 38 pistol then a 357 then a 308 and the 308 is the only thing i still use to this day and that was 25 guns ago
>>
>>30390791
If you plan to ever have the gun at the ready in case of a home invasion, you may want to consider going semi-automatic for your first gun, especially if you won't be buying another for a while. You could also get a somewhat cheaper rifle and spend the rest on an inexpensive shotgun or handgun. I don't know the quality of your neighborhood, though.
>>
>>30390676
An AR is just as easy to learn to shoot with as a .22lr, they're a better value, there's an incredible amount of information available on them, they handle abuse well, more practical, etc
>>
>>30390676
Fuck this meme.
22 is for kids
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.