[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone explain to me the appeal of this thing? > ht
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: FNUSAM249_semi.jpg (773 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
FNUSAM249_semi.jpg
773 KB, 1366x768
can someone explain to me the appeal of this thing?

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww2KN5jDD3s
>>
this is not a weapon to ask "why?"
this is a weapon to ask "why not?"
>>
>>30387671
it sure is fun to shoot
but for 8 grand, I can get something different, which makes even more fun
>>
>>30387666
Without full auto, it has zero appeal to me. It is essentially a super heavy AR.
>>
>>30387666
Well it's an M249 with a receiver that hasn't seen 50,000 plus rounds so maybe some squad gunners want to know what their weapon was like before it was issued.

Also... Is there a slide fire stock in the works for these things yet? I can't imagine how much fun it'll be to see rich social media gun goyim dumping hundreds of dollars per day.

Lastly I got an NRA ad for that video. Oh the ironing.
>>
What is the price tho
>>
>>30388507
$8k+
>>
>>30387666

Tim speaks like a really depressed person who is trying his hardest to sound happy.
>>
>>30388589
He has to feign excitement over guns not made by IWI
>>
Unless you have full auto or a echo trigger there is no advantage over a lighter weapon
>>
File: 1457943391812.gif (961 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1457943391812.gif
961 KB, 240x180
>>30388634
>Unless you have full auto or a echo trigger there is no advantage over a lighter weapon

Wow. Such esoteric and insightful knowledge...only someone with years worth of trigger time would know of tactical advice such as this...holy shit...wow man...thanks for sharing rare knowledge....
>>
>>30388634
I would not say no advantage.

You would be able to sustain fire, for longer, than say an AR. Even in semi auto.

Its just minimal advantages.
>>
>>30388659

Not that anon.

Why not enlighten us as to why -you- would choose an M249 over an AR?

You seem condescending enough to have an entertaining answer.

Instead of just, you know, shitting on somebody while contributing nothing.
>>
>>30388589
He probably isn't getting paid for this one
>>
Its pretty pointless in semi but I'm glad it exists, people should have the option if they have more money than sense. Its one of those guns where I would have insane buyers remorse if I owned it, but if I knew someone who owned one and let me shoot it Id be all over it. 8K is really a bit much for what you get but maybe in a few year it'll be cheaper.
>>
I think the real question here is, can you stick a slide fire stock on one of these things?
>>
>>30388716
I'm sure there's one in the works, although Slidefire themselves are probably too busy trying to recover after their own beltfed flopped.
>>
>>30388634
Slide fire stock when
>>
>>30387715
>>30388716
>>30388729
>>30388743
At the price you can get an Ares belt fed upper for around $3,500 and slap it on an ar lower with the slidefire. Should have all the fancy quick change barrel and mag feeding features without the weight, and around half the cost.
>>
>>30388524
gad fuggin demn
prolly would buy if I had the mons
but thas still pritty fuggin high
>>
$8000, you can get some NFA full auto items like the FNC.
>>
>>30388716
Too heavy for slide fire stock, the wouldnt be enough recoil to actuate it rearward
>>
>>30389100
But you can't get a SAW. Even a full auto one that would be transferable (not sure any exist) would be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. For $8000? That's a bargain comparably, as a collector.
>>
>>
>>30387682
>which makes even more fun
Why and how do you even measure what others perceived as fun?
>>
>>30387666
that was designed with the cool as hell option of firing from mags if you were out of belt ammo.
kinda pointless in a semi auto version though.
>>
>>30388680
Probably because you can buy ARs all fucking day until you never want to see another one again. You cannot however buy a 95% of a M249

>>30388779
You could, but it's not the same. You could put a stupid shroud over an AK and pretend it's a VSS but it's not the same. Are you following along here?

People that have 8 grand to drop on a novelty don't give a fuck about the practicality of this, or a DSA RPD, or a bottom end FA guns. Nobody is buying a M249S as a truck gun or HD gun. Its the closest some people can get to something they think is cool without paying even more for a real one

Jesus fucking Christ you would swear the only guns that ever need to exist are ARs and G19s
>>
>>30390148
This is why poor people shouldn't have a hobby like guns
>>
>>30388716
Don't need one, just get gud like Jerry.
And ifbyiu fuck up on the trigger even better, you get the real grunt experience wirhout the hassle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YoxlDog3RTA
>>
>>30388779
You'd still have to link the ammo. You could buy a slidefire stock, bull barrel and a beta mag for even less
>>
>>30390148
Not that anon, but are you saying you want it just to be special? Not that it actually interests you on any merits, just that it is not an AR?
>>
File: vintage-man-confused.jpg (14 KB, 948x858) Image search: [Google]
vintage-man-confused.jpg
14 KB, 948x858
>>30390490

>stands 6 ft away from target
>hip fires, and magdumps
>barley hits the target
>worlds best shooter

I never got the appeal of his videos. I know he is a great competitor and can out shoot anyone on here but his vids are more or less for the look how fast I can waste ammo crowd.
>>
File: 411552341.jpg (199 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
411552341.jpg
199 KB, 500x339
>>30387666
It's cool, but for 8K I'd rather get the semi M2HB

for >2K I got the DSA RPD and fucking love it
>>
>>30387666
Is the barrel on the full auto that thin as well? This semiauto version looks kind of lite, seems like it would have all sorts of heat issues if you really did try to give yourself carpal tunnel by shooting a bunch quickly.
>>
>>30390982
Oh for fuc...

No, I'm saying that believe it or not, there are people in this hobby that like guns because they find certain designs cool or interesting and can afford to splurge on things that aren't completely practical.

>>30392268
So pull up his 1000 yard shot with a 929, or his plate clearing with battle rifles, or just look at the control he has with full power loads.maybe look into his instructionals or his actual career. Then go try that for yourself and post the results.
>>
>>30392614
I dunno but I know that a lot of barrels seem thinner than they should be
>>
>>30392614
>>30392644
No point in them using a different barrel when they already crank out tons of standard barrels, which have a better alloy and extra thick chrome lining than the average AR barrel. Haven't seen measurements but it hasn't shown up as a weight difference
>>
>>30392614

Yep. its pretty much the same as the saw the army was using in the late 2000s and early 2010s.

I bet when the new version came out FN had excess inventory and decided to convert it. Other than the extra rail inside and the different bolt/springs its the same as the f/a one.
>>
>>30392845

Other than the handguard that is.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.