[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long Range shooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 1000x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 1000x440
Why is it so hard to find a Ruger Precision Rifle? Any alternatives?
>in b4 just build a custom
>>
it's popular and it's not that expensive
your alternatives are things like savages and howas and rem 700s
>>
>>30386366
The 700s are cool but normally need some upgrades to bring it to the point where it's amazing. The savage I have seen isn't that impressive not sure on the howa rifles though the Ruger precision is just so modular and easily upgraded
>>
>>30386323
> Long range thread.
> Only talks about rifle
> Such is life on /k/

The RPR is nice, Savages are good if you set them up, same goes with Remy, tho remy's cost a bit more imo.
> just build a rifle.
You can get a factory savage fpc k for like 550, and a 180-Alpha Chassis for 800,
or Tac21 for 700 - butt stock.

It's close to the RPR is cost, but eh. Either way the gun will out shoot you unless you're experienced already.
>>
>>30386779
>Either way the gun will out shoot you
I hate fudds.
>>
>>30386925
it is possible to have a rifle which is capable of being more precise than the person using it. im not sure why that triggered your autism.
>>
>>30386779
>Either way the gun will out shoot
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>30386925

Fag.
>>
>>30387031
it has more potential accuracy than what most shooters can get out of it

a new shooter would get 1 MOA because he lacks the skill and experience
a pro shooter would get .25 MOA
(arbitrary numbers)
>>
>>30386779

> gun

Think he meant 'firearm'?
>>
So op, let say you do get your long range rifle. Do you have anything else prepared or are you just gonna wing it?
What about optics?
Range finders?
Chronographs?
Note books?
Note books?
Note books?
Calculator?
Sand bags?
tri-pod?
spotting scope?
>>
>>30387155
half of these things are helpful but unnecessary, and some are things you could buy at dollar general
>>
>>30387268
Helpful not necessary, please explain your self.
And yes I get that some of it is unnecessary, like the tri-pod rig, but the dollar store stuff tends to be useful.
>>
>>30387287
>please explain your self
Im pretty sure you can figure out what that means but here goes: These things help you shoot at long range but arent necessary to shoot at long range. If you are shooting at a range where you already know the distance of targets you dont need anything here besides optics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3XwizTqDw
>>
>>30387155
You just need good optic, bipod, sandbag and a smartphone. Only a fucking moron would use notebooks in this day and age.
>>
>>30386323
>hard to find
The Dick's around here has multiple in different calibers. Are they not common?
>>
>>30387332
if they're still in store it's probably because they're MSRP and MSRP makes the RPR a lot less attractive
>>
File: IMG_6292.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6292.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30386323
>>
>>30387327
What a fucking retarded post. 10/10. i'm mad. Kill yourself.
>>
>>30387155
> Rangefinder?
For precision shooting at a range it might not be necessary. Most Ranges list the distances. For outdoor practicing at not a range, then I have to agree.
> Chronographs?
Really only needed if you reload, to test your loads.Ideally you do need one, but usually good load tables tell themselves apart. An experienced shooter will be able to tell which load works and which doesn't without a Chronograph.
> Notebooks?
Maybe if you don't have a phone or tablet.
> Calculator?
See above
> Sandbags?
Easy to make your own at hardware store
> Tri-pod?
I think a bipod should be good enough, Harris, Atlas, etc.
> Spotting Scope
Agree here, have to see what you shooting at. Good spotting scopes cost an arm and a leg.
>>
>>30387332
Turner's Outdoorsman in CA, can get these no problem at all. Think they have a few in shop.
>>
>>30386323
Ausfag here, have ordered it in 308.

I like the solid rail on it and have added an ATN X Sight II for night and Bushnell FFP 24x for distance
>>
>>30386323
I heard that they only make 8 rifles a day.
>>
>>30387394
Grandpas mad again folks. Watch out.
>>
>>30388088
>tfw live in WA and the RPR is banned because looks spooky
>>
>>30387268
>half of these things are helpful but unnecessary

First time I'm in a "long range shooting" thread on /k/ and my last
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.