[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I Want to Get a Karambit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
File: sapphire_1_1024x1024.jpg (100 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
sapphire_1_1024x1024.jpg
100 KB, 1024x1024
I really like the look and design of karambit knives, I'd like one as a self defense weapon as well as for normal utility purpose. I already carry pepper spray so this would definitely be a last resort. I also checked up on local laws and they're pretty lax, so I shouldn't have trouble carrying it.

I've been looking around online, but I don't really know of any of the better manufacturers making karambits. I was looking at one made by Fox, 599 I think, but I saw a few negative reviews about wear and tear.

Just for a few parameters, i'm willing to spend up to $150 USD or so

I would like one with a high quality steel and hopefully something I wouldn't have to sharpen often

I'd also prefer something on the smaller side, so it can be more easily concealed

It doesn’t need to be folding or fixed, either is fine for me

Thanks!
>>
>>30382524
There are no winners in a knife fight
>>
>>30382559
This. Save another $150 and you could get one of the cheaper concealed carry pistols. Stop thinking the world is cs;go
>>
>>30382524
Get a gun you limp wristed bitch
>>
>So I Want to Get a Karambit
>>
>>30382524
get a cheapass karambit fade from aliexpress so you only waste 10 dollars and won't feel as much of a fool.
>>
>>30382524
>$150
Just buy a hipoint nigger.
>>
>>30382524
You'd be better off looking at a fantasy knife site. Sorry, we've had these threads before and they're always autism and people thinking they won't come off horribly stabbed if they 'win'.
>>
File: FOX479ODt.jpg (88 KB, 1500x1215) Image search: [Google]
FOX479ODt.jpg
88 KB, 1500x1215
>getting a Karambit for SD instead of a gun.
well. regardless of why, Fox Knives makes a good karambit folder for less than 150.
>>
>>30382730
Best place to buy?
>>
First off, the best use of a karambit is that its curved shape gives it decent slashing potential in a shorter package. That's about it. It's a farming tool that was eventually repurposed into a small little concealable knife. It's not very great otherwise.

Start by getting a gun. You're not going to have a good time with a knife unless you're far superior to a given opponent, and if you were you probably wouldn't be asking this question. If someone also has a knife, you'll bleed all the fuck over the place, even if the other person bleeds more.

Next up, get a longer, better knife that's more conducive to stabbing. If you really need to only have something especially small, a punch dagger is, as far as knives go, pretty effective even for the average person, because you just punch someone with it.

If you still want a karambit as a little concealable backup knife you can slip in there too, sure, whatever, fine.
>>
>>30382524
>karambit
>self defense
No. No. No. No. No.
>>
>>30382751
Knifecenter.com usually keeps them in stock.
There are a few different models that range from 120-140, but there arn't many differences between them. really just pick whatever tickles you more.
>>
File: ranger3.jpg (47 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
ranger3.jpg
47 KB, 800x533
>>30382524
Get a real knife you retard.

A karambit is a meme weapon in self defence. Get a something long, sharp and pointy. Then when you get a good knife learn how to fucking use it.

Getting a karambit means you will want to learn how to use it. All karambit based shit is retarded and will never work in a street fight.

Pic related is without a doubt one of your best options. Comes with lots of other tools so its actually useful. Its light meaning you can get a lot of stabs in.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 625x625
>>
>>30382524
1:Karambits are essentially only made for combat
2:useless for utility, most are very thin, and that curve
3:expensive

Just buy cold steel tanto and be done with it.
>>
>>30382524

Get this one it's kinda like a Karambit
>>
At least mire the tanto meme. You can actually use it to cut things.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 700x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 700x363
>>30382901

Forgot pic
>>
>>30382865
>3:expensive
i bet you're the kinda nigger to buy spyderco knifes
>>
>>30382730
>>30382751
>>30382797
You can buy a $10 clone and save the rest towards getting a gun.
>>
>>30382997
Nah. My EDC is a leatherman REV I got as a gift. Rest of my shekels go towards guns.
>>
File: 1446479060149.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1446479060149.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>
>>30382997
Fuck you spyderco manix and military are awesome knives for there pricepoint
>>
>>30382524
mine got taken by a security checkpoint because my retarded ass left it in my carry bag

just go on ebay, you can find a good one for less than $20 easy.
even if you don't use it, it's fun to twirl around and shit like that.
>>
get a balisong too to complete the ensemble
>>
Why do people even like Karambit knives? I find them as ugly and useless as Hi-points

>>30383314
I want a Balisong, but not because of self defense or for carry, but just because they look interesting and fun to shit around with.
>>
>>30383378
>fun to shit around with.
t. the three-fingered man
>>
>>30383378
>useless as Hi-points
If it shoots bullets semi-reliably, its not useless
>>
>>30383378
>as ugly
Keep your aesthetic to yourself.
>>
File: 8075998543_afd05101c0_c.jpg (238 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
8075998543_afd05101c0_c.jpg
238 KB, 800x534
>>30382559
I don't understand why people like you think that just because you carry a knife, the other guy automatically gets a knife too.
>>
>>30382559
I know it's fun to repeat this, but automatically deploying this would be like telling a gut that ccs a pistol "there are no winners in a gun fight" or "pistols are for fighting your way back to a rifle"

Carrying a knife isn't so you can enter a duel, it's to hopefully avoid one or turn the tide if you HAVE to. FFS at least work up something constructive and original, it's bad enough this is a karambit thread
>>
File: isthisguyretarded.jpg (50 KB, 570x760) Image search: [Google]
isthisguyretarded.jpg
50 KB, 570x760
>>30385752
Probably because the type of people who instigate fights with strangers are also carrying weapons.

Fucking hell, dude. You're not the only mall ninja with zero goddamn impulse control on the block.
>>
>>30385752
This pic is fucking retarded
>have a gun
>dipshit grabs your off hand
>LOLOLOLOL better put the gun to my side and fist fight, rather than move my finger ~1 inch a few times
>>
>>30386541
Where are you getting that I'm instigating fights?

>>30386625
Guess what, if you don't want him to grab the slide and make your gun a paperweight you need to use a retention position. Also, it's a fucking still picture. It would take all of 0.2-0.3s to fire from that position once you make the decision to shoot. He could have literally pumped out 4-5 rounds in the next second.
>>
>>30386690
Are you fucking stupid? If someone puts you in a situation in which you'd need to defend yourself they'd most likely be armed aswell.
>>
>>30382730
Don't really have access to firearms, family is not a fan and I'm living with them over the summer and uni is totally antigun so I wouldn't be able to carry it anyways.

I'm a woman (MtF trans if that makes it any different) and I would only use it if someome was trying to rape me/kill me/etc. I don't intend to get into any knife fights, because I would probably lose. I wouldn't go flashing it around or anything, If my pepper spray doesn't fend off an attacker I'd resort to a knife. If someone else came at me with a knife my first instinct would be to run.
>>
>>30386952
Then if they already are attacking you with their knife, how does carrying your own knife make the situation worse?
>>
>>30382524
karambits are useless.

id say get a gun, but you are obviously mentally ill and shouldnt have one.

kys
>>
>>30385752
Good luck with your assault with a deadly weapon charges.

If it's not reasonable to believe you were in fear of your life (the had the means, intent, and ability to kill you) you're gonna get fucked by the law.

Knife fighting essentially turns you into just as much of an aggressor as your assailant
>>
File: death by autism.png (227 KB, 880x1300) Image search: [Google]
death by autism.png
227 KB, 880x1300
>>30389473
This, OP is a noguns 18 year old who's parents wont buy him a gun, nothing else to see here.
>>
>>30382913
GINSU 2000
>>
>>30382524
since everyone is just shitty on you OP allow me to throw my hat in the ring. I bought my karambit online over a year ago, can't remember what site, but it was about $40 for a fixed blade 4". In my experience with it, it's fun but not good. they're a pain in the ass to sharpen, they're poor utility knives, and where generally a 4" is a good size for me it's a fairly large knife, making it hard to carry around. that being said it's fun to use and has become one of my go to knives in my house, opening packages, bedstand weapon, or even just spinning it around while on 4chan. They're hardly practical, dangerous when used improperly (I have scars to prove so), and require separate training than most knives. That being said if you can get one for under $50 and you think you'd like it, I'd say grab one, just don't get your hopes too high.
>>
>>30389538
Again, who said I'm "knife fighting"? What does that even mean? If a 280lbs football player wants to beat the shit out of 180lbs me, I think it's pretty obvious they have the means, intent, and ability to kill or maim me.
>>
im guessing these are illegal in NY
>>
>>30383099
I'm pretty sure that's sped up.
>>
>>30390165
The point remains. :/
>>
>>30389595
Not quite, 19 and go to a very liberal university, and buying with my own money
>>
>>30390892
Oh, and I'm a gril btw
>>
>>30382524
meme aside
bawidamann makes a karambit that simulates a sort of wharncliffe edge but double bladed
you end up with a drop point in reverse grip that is really easy to handle for the inexperienced
>>
>>30388178
You carrying your own weapon displays that you are a threat to them, and starts their fight or flight response.

I'm all for self defense, but if they had a knife and you were unarmed, you'd get mugged and that would probably be it. Very little physical trauma. If you BOTH had knives, the aggressor might resort to combat with you, in which case both of you are going to the ER, and there's a good chance you'll be dead.

There's very little outside extensive practice for years to prepare yourself for a knife fight. Even experts tell you to retreat or carry a gun. Additionally, a karambit is a wounding weapon, not a lethal weapon. It's designed to lacerate and maim but not kill, and it's grip and blade design lend to reverse-grip, which limits your combat range, bringing you CLOSER to them to attempt to hurt them. While you're trying to lacerate their wrists, inner-elbows or neck, they'll be stabbing you in the fucking gut, over and over again. Bad idea. And any superficial wounds you deal can be shrugged off temporarily because of adrenaline.

Buy a fucking gun. If someone threatens you with a knife, draw and shoot them dead. Don't EVER willingly put yourself in a situation where they are within striking range of you with a lethal weapon.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.