[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glove Gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Would you use this if you were fighting the Japs in WW2?

I would, but only to suicide with if I got captured. Seems like a classic case of American autism to this Ausfag
>>
File: 1447394743757.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1447394743757.gif
891 KB, 325x252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Qzmil--VU

>operative
>implying it's not an assassination tool for Office of Naval Intelligence spies
>thinking it's somehow an infantry weapon
>>
>>30377416
It was mass issued to Marines who conducted recon on Islands set for invasion and other special assignments. Not a "spies" weapon. The majority were never used as the Marines thought they were impractical and left them behind. Who want's to wear a gardening glove with a one shot pistol built in?
>>
>>30377495
assassin gardeners
>>
>>30377502
kek

That is the best use for this. I can't believe I hadn't thought of it!
>>
>>30377502
love you /k/
>>
>>30377495
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the thing was once used/supplied in some OSS mission somewhere, but yes, they were indeed "standard" issued weapons. No official record exists of one being used, nor have I heard any rumored stories, probably because it's fucking retarded and about the only time I could see it have been used if for Eli Roth to punch a Nazi in the face with it.

I figure someone thought it up, made it, presented the idea to someone in military brass, he loved it and just flat out approved making a bunch of them as a standard piece of navy equipment, without actually thinking about what the goddamn thing was supposed to be good for.

"Yeah! that sounds like a cool idea" and it does, but for what? Would rather have a five shot snub than this thing.

>>30377502
It'd look conspicuous as fuck though because you only got one glove, you didn't get another one, not even one without a glove, so you'd have to source that from somewhere else.
>>
>>30377560
rob the gardening shop with your glove pistol
>>
The explanation I heard was that they figured the Japanese were going to be much better at hand to hand combat than us, so if it ever came down to such a fight, all our men would have to do it land one solid blow to somewhere vital. I have no idea if this is true, but it sounds just retarded enough to be true
>>
>>30377584
Alright, we're almost there.

Now we'll take the gun from one of the other gloves and put it on this new gardening glove, now we have a pair of punch guns!
>>
>>30377359
what a waste of good gloves
>>
>>30377560
>Eli Roth to punch a Nazi in the face with it
That was one of the best uses of a spy gadget I've ever seen in an action film.
>>
Supposedly the most issued purpose for it was to engineers to wear while working in less than secured areas so they could defend themselves from a random nip that might pop out of the jungle and try to bonzai them while they were using both hands for something.
>>
>>30377359
If you managed to infiltrate an enemy machinery yard, you could dispatch enemy with it.

But that creates all kinds of trouble.
>>
File: 1435030433601.png (1 MB, 1175x900) Image search: [Google]
1435030433601.png
1 MB, 1175x900
>>30377359
Okay guys, but what if...hang on guy...but what if...
They like, made it go all the way up your arm, and it was a shotgun instead, and gave it a normal trigger.

Would that work?
>>
>>30377359
Hey ausfag, you're welcome for the battle of midway you lager sucking cunt. Otherwise you'd be speaking jap right now.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.