[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/, try to explain the K9000 Cyberdog Gun to me. It's a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: K9000ConceptArt.png (423 KB, 728x720) Image search: [Google]
K9000ConceptArt.png
423 KB, 728x720
/k/, try to explain the K9000 Cyberdog Gun to me.
It's a .357 three barreled automatic gun with a dog brain attached to the side, helping to aim. (?)

I mean, I've seen a lot of "future" weapons in videogames, but this one is fucking stupid.
>>
I dont know what your expected. Its not a gun to be taken seriously, what with the pulp science thing fallout goes for.
Its been years since I played NV, but I seem to recall this thing being pretty useful. It had these two flaps on top (dog ears I guess) that raised and lowered depending on the location enemies and would bark if they were in range. Something like that anyway, maybe Im thinking of a different gun. Pretty useful if you have low perception, because it would detect enemies before they appear on your compass.
>>
This thing always made me sad when I ran out of ammo or had to put it away.

Also, it works via spinigun magic.
>>
File: bioshockpistiol.jpg (162 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
bioshockpistiol.jpg
162 KB, 800x430
>>30373617

>helping to aim. (?)

No it barks when there are enemies near. The dog's brain is attached to some sort of sensor apparatus.

Honestly most of the guns in Fallout 4 are more retarded than that. Like all the guns that magically don't need to be reloaded because they have a random magic enchantment.
>>
>>30373617
It is a fully cognisant dog that is mounted inside a gun. It it warns the user of danger and shoots. I liked it, but never was one for big guns.
>>
>>30373617
What >>30373696 said. Though what always bugged me was that the dog brain was in front like that, and that the barrels were reciprocating, and it had three. Like, an UZI a derringer COP and a Browning had a baby.

The feed mechanism, bore axis, all that is crazy. Most of the wacky guns in Fallout have sensible backgrounds, but the whole DLC was pulp Sci-Fi turned up to 11. So in that regard it makes sense for the setting. Less so for reality.

I always figured the dog brain (Dog brain is the nickname given to simple AI's in computing and robotics, this one uses a literal dog brain) could make adjustments to the convergence of the barrels, or was adjusting a series of flywheels to stabilize and assist the aim. But the gun doesn't have any sort of aim assist like the gatling laser, gameplay wise, so the whole thing kinda seems like a wasted effort.

If you were to make an organic soft logic computer for triggernometry, they're using networked leach brains right now for fuzzy computing. So the thought isn't completely baseless, but the whole gun design is wacko.
>>
File: Fo2_YK32_Pulse_Pistol.png (2 KB, 96x65) Image search: [Google]
Fo2_YK32_Pulse_Pistol.png
2 KB, 96x65
>>30373617
Anyone care to explain how an EMP gun kills a person?

Maybe this thing fires lightning?
>>
The name says it all. It's literally a gun fused together with a cybernetic, sentient dog (as much as dogs can be). It's just pulp-science era trite made into an entertaining gun.
>>
>>30373788
If that fed going right and the chambers were open face, it'd work like an even more retarded version of the dardik. Minus the already struck primers of course.
>>
>>30373867
>Maybe this thing fires lightning?
Yes, in essence. It fires high-energy electronic pulses, like an EMP on steroids.
>>
>>30373617
>>30373860
>>30373878
Wasn't the gun so ridiculous because it was explicitly designed by an insane/retarded scientist with zero sense of ethics?
>>
>>30374092
Yes.

This is the same universe where /k/ommando overlaps with 1950's mad scientist sci fi overlaps with 1950s comic book lore overlaps with Mad Max.
>>
>>30373617
> explain
lazy shit game for retards. done.
>>
>>30374092
Yes. He was one of those psychopaths who gets off on mutil- AHEM, Improving! animals/people, etc.

That being said, they were (almost) all hollywood psychopaths.
>>
>>30374092
Pretty much exactly this.

We(?) are trying to apply logic and sanity to a creation borne of a lack of such things, and that just ain't gonna work.
>>
File: skinner-pigeon-bomb.jpg (20 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
skinner-pigeon-bomb.jpg
20 KB, 400x300
>>30373617
You're right, it is stupid. They should have used a pigeon brain because it's more accurate and able to detect changes. In fact, at one point they were going to use pigeons to guide bombs onto ships.
>>
>>30373617
It's supposed to be stupid, it was built by the think tank after they went crazy from Möbius's tampering. Why else would it have a dog brain
>>
>>30373617
its just a .357 minigun with a sensor run by a dog brain because canonically the scientist who made it is fucking insane
>>
This is from the same DLC where all your organs are removed and you have a conversation with your brain, and this is what you point out as unrealistic?
>>
>>30373617
How to fuck the doggo gun
>>
>>30373788

>all the primers already struck
>ejection port
triggered
>>
>>30373617
>>30377349
>http://www.research.ufl.edu/publications/explore/v10n1/extract2.html
ayy bby 2005 called they want their mad science back.
>>
File: 1466644005452.jpg (154 KB, 380x526) Image search: [Google]
1466644005452.jpg
154 KB, 380x526
>>30373617
That may be because it's from a DLC that was largely intended to be a parody of cheesy scI fi tropes.
>>
>>30373867
A powerful enough EMP can fry human nerves. Our nerves run on electricity too after all.
>>
File: Doctor_Dala.jpg (222 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Dala.jpg
222 KB, 1000x750
>>30380006

This. It was made by mad scientist brains in a jar. Logic need not apply.
>>
>>30382210
Nerves aren't wires and circuits. Our brain is not a battery that powers us. The electricity that flows through us are just ionized molecules creating difference in charge between cells. An EMP would do nothing to our nerves. It'd kill you if you had a pacemaker, but it won't short circuit your brain.
>>
>>30384384
And how long have you spent in a jar doing SCIENCE!!! Yeah thats what I thought bitch.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.