[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ommandos I need help identifying a Mauser I know it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (534 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
534 KB, 1536x2048
Hey /k/ommandos I need help identifying a Mauser I know it's from WWII from the markings on it but I not the standard kar98k version will dump more pictures if needed.
>>
>>30367998
Sporter mauser to start off with. Other than that you will need to provide proof marks so we can understand what we are dealing witg
>>
File: image.jpg (484 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
484 KB, 2048x1536
>>
File: image.jpg (489 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
489 KB, 2048x1536
Dumping
>>
>>30368107
Does the SN on the bolt match with the receiver?

Also a pic of the bolt.
>>
File: image.jpg (478 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
478 KB, 2048x1536
>>
>>30368258
Yes it does the SN number is 5316
>>
Originally a Kar.98k made by J.P. Sauer und Sohn Gewehrfabrik, of Suhl. It has been placed in a sporting rifle stock. The bolt number doesn't match the receiver serial, but it doesn't look refinished and could be put back in military spec with a stock, handguard, barrel bands, and bayonet lug.
>>
>>30369522
Thanks for the information Anon from what I know my grandfather got if off of a German during the war it's the rifle that killed his friend from what I've been told but after the war neither my grandfather of father fired it or modified it in anyway after the war so it's been in the same condition since my grandfather got it
>>
>>30369594
I doubt thats true, considering that its not in its original stock. It shouldn't be to hard to restore it to Original military though
>>
>>30371488
>I doubt thats true, considering that its not in its original stock

Well grandpa could have been a fudd and been the one that sporterized it.
>>
>>30371503
This is true I never was able to meet my grandfather so he could of been the one to do it and maybe my dad was too young to notice cause honestly to me why would a German soldier change the stock of his rifle during the war but I will most likely try to get an original stock for it in the future.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.