[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What guns should I buy if I want to invest in something that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1393984234923.jpg (147 KB, 600x534) Image search: [Google]
1393984234923.jpg
147 KB, 600x534
What guns should I buy if I want to invest in something that will go up in value? M1 Garands are the obvious answer, but I want more options.
>>
If you live in the US M44 Nagants are going up in price and so is the surplus ammo
>>
Depending on how it looks as far as who'll win the presidency closer to election time, transferable MGs.
>>
>>30366896
I wish this weren't the case :/
>>
>>30366703
Anything ww2 related
>not sks or nugget
Anything ww1 related
>tfw you will never own a Ross rifle or gehwer anti tank rifle
>>
OP here, I've been wanting to pick up an FN49. Would that be a good investment? They seem like interesting rifles.
>>
>>30366977
Ross rifles are not that hard to find
>>
>>30366987
8mm hover around $600, but I've seen a 30-06 model go for $1500.
>>
Any and all currently cheap milsurp.
Rare or discontinued guns.
Guns that have phenomenally good deals (PSA Vz2008s for $400 with 5 mags and accessories for example)
>>
>>30366703
Walther WA2000

Because drug dealers
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 567x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 567x425
>>30367573
Those were cheap for not good reasons.

Here is a good idea for the op instead of this general advice.

If you want something that will rise in value go exclusively after top-break revolvers. Learn them inside and out. Home yourself into the expert on them. Find unserviceable finish worn guns and then refinish them like this.

It won't be quick money but you could pull $300 for a gun like this which may have cost you $50
>>
Literally any milsurp.
>>
>>30366703
either rare guns with historical value, or surplus that is cheap as shit because no one knows about it and there's so much of it. ak kits with barrels were $100 ten years ago.
>>
>>30367621
>>
>>30367735
It went for $250 on Gunbroker. When a gun can no longer maintain it's proper finish and there is a chance to restore it to a new condition it has to be done.

That is the best result for a $50 relic.
>>
>>30366703
ar-15-like rifles
meme gun that new gunnies cum over, also probably to be the target of another bullshit clinton ban
probably won't ever lose value
>>
>>30367862
>probably won't ever lose value
If Clinton doesn't win (possible; not likely) or doesn't have the legislative weight to get another AWB through (very likely) manufacturers are going to keep on making them. It's the most common rifle in the US. They're not endangered.
>>
>>30366703
Why would you invest money in something that's going to be banned next year?
>>
>>30367939
>what is grandfathering
>>
>>30367939
depends on the type of ban, if it's a registration or total buyback you're sol, but if they are preban and legal but no more are ever going to made you've at least quadrupled your investment over night
>>
If you have the money: unmolested, great-condition, lever-action Winchester rifles.

If you don't, US-military marked pistols
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.