[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any police officers on /k/? >no lying on the internet edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 12
File: police-officer.jpg (29 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
police-officer.jpg
29 KB, 615x409
Any police officers on /k/?

>no lying on the internet edition

When I get pulled over, An i show my drivers license what do its all show? Does it show I have a CCW? Does it show I got arrested in 2010 for reckless driving or when i got arrested out of state in 2006 for smoking the devils lettuce in my campus parking lot and drinking in public. Does it show out of state traffic/criminal things or just in state? Does it show every time you've encountered that person?
I've always wondered because the times I've been stopped for traffic violations I get varied encounters. Sometimes the police immediately ask if i have a weapon (also why i wondered if it showed i have a CCW when they run my plates or after i give them my license) an some just either give me a ticket without much talking or just ask me if i have anything illegal in my car.

But the 2 times I've been stopped and armed I immediately tell them before they can say anything and roll down all my windows to show no one else is in the car and keep my hands on the 10 and 2 until i finish what im saying. Then ASK.if its ok to move my hand to get my CCW and drivers license. I would encourage others to do the same, its less stressful for me and im sure its a lot less stressful for the officer too
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-21+at+03.42.21).png (21 KB, 831x380) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-21+at+03.42.21).png
21 KB, 831x380
>>30358978
>Does it show I have a CCW?
Depends on the state.

>Does it show I got arrested in 2010 for reckless driving
Arrested or convicted? If it's a conviction then that definitely shows up on name or license plate check.

>arrested out of state in 2006 for smoking the devils lettuce in my campus parking lot and drinking in public.
Generally won't show out of state convictions unless they ask to run your name through the federal database. Conviction or just an arrest?

>Does it show out of state traffic/criminal things or just in state?
Usually only in-state unless there's some reason that makes them dig deeper and check with the feds like your face or clothing matching a recent robbery or burglary suspect.

>Does it show every time you've encountered that person?
Yes, it shows how many times you've been stopped by the department in the past 6 months?/year?/5 years?, so you can't worm your way into getting off with a warning every month. You can definitely wear out their patience.

>Sometimes the police immediately ask if i have a weapon (also why i wondered if it showed i have a CCW when they run my plates or after i give them my license) an some just either give me a ticket without much talking or just ask me if i have anything illegal in my car.
Depends on their mood that day. If they let a kid play with their car during lunch break or just won a bar bet with the others in the shift they generally will be less of a rude asshole than if they wrapped up their third domestic violence arrest or a really nasty child abuse arrest that they have to forget at the bottom of a vodka bottle. Guess which one is more likely if you live in a huge city or a small town.

Some ask immediately just to quiet down the little gremlin in their mind screaming "TODAY IS WHEN YOU GET SHOT DEAD". A majority of police feel better if they know you CCW because you have a clean-ish criminal history.

Remember to turn the interior lights on at night.
>>
>>
>>30358978
This all varies from state to state.

>Does it show I have a CCW?
Almost certainly yes.
>Does it show I got arrested
Yes, unless you were arrested out of state for a violation-level offense (as in, not a misdemeanor or arrest)
>Does it show out of state traffic/criminal things or just in state?
Most states share criminal information, some share traffic information.
>Does it show every time you've encountered that person?
If there's a papertrail, yes. This includes written warnings.

>I keep my hands on the 10 and 2 until i finish what im saying. Then ASK.if its ok to move my hand to get my CCW and drivers license

Yes, this is a good idea. I hate it when I see people reaching for things in their car, leaning over to their glove box to get their insurance/registration/etc, reaching into their pockets, etc - if your hands stay in sight, it's much safer for the cop, and in turn, much safer for you.

If your car's registered to your name, it probably pulls up all the same information as your driver's license, by the way, including CCW. If you're in a must-inform state, you know what you have to do. Even if you don't have to, most cops appreciate it, and it's a clear sign that the guy behind the wheel likely isn't a perp.
>>
>>30361138
>>30360076
Do y'all enjoy your jobs? How often do you see action? Do you feel cheeky knowing you are an armed cop who also browses 4chan?

Also in all seriousness how common is dog shootings in reality?
>>
>>30361455
>Do y'all enjoy your jobs?
sometimes
>How often do you see action?
if by action you mean fight someone or wrestle them then, at least once a week
>Do you feel cheeky knowing you are an armed cop who also browses 4chan?
no i dont feel cheeky, i was on here before i worked as a cop.
>Also in all seriousness how common is dog shootings in reality?
dog shootings dont happen that much where i work. i like dogs so i wouldnt shoot unless i had to.
>>
>>30361455
this meme literally only applies to the ATF, specifically that bureau, you realize this yes
>>
>>30361526
>>30361551
Thanks for responding.

If y'all actually fistfight all the time then how do female officers hold up? Are they usually accompanied by someone else? Do females patrol less dangerous areas?
>>
>>30361455
>Do y'all enjoy your jobs
The job its self is great. All of the bureaucratic and political nonsense is shit. I've never had a bad day because of anything a perp did to me.
>How often do you see action?
In the summertime, every other day. In wintertime, once a month.
>Do you feel cheeky knowing you are an armed cop who also browses 4chan?
No, why would I? I've been here longer than I've been on the job. I'd feel cheeky if I was some federal alphabet soup agency officer here on job time.
Not very. I went up on a housing project rooftop once, I opened the door to see a snarling pitbull barrelling towards me - probably the closest I've come, although that was solved by going NOPE and slamming the door on it.
>>
>>30358978
In PA, your OLN (Operator License Number) is not tied to your LTCF information. Also, in PA, there is no duty to inform.
>>
>>30361593
females bring different talents to the table. Sometimes they have to work harder on their communication skills. Otherwise goto other options.
Nobody wants to get hurt at work, just to try put food on the table. There isn't much incentive to have a fair fight.
No coppers in my experience want to 'fist fight'. Just return order back from chaos at a job and then go back to driving aimlessly around and working on their files.
>>
>>30361622
What kind of action do you see? Ever had to fire your weapon?
>>
>>30361593
>>30361455
Y'all one more time you probably paste-white Yankee little shit
>>
>>30361700
Southern Louisiana
Lebanese

Suck my dick
>>
>>30361593
I've worked with female officers in rough hoods.
If fists are flying, you want the biggest baddest motherfucker you can find on your side, which excludes most females (save for one I know who does MMA and could kick my ass any day of the week)

Difference is, you're much less likely to get into a fight with a female officer by your side. The neighborhoods I work are very much about machismo, and I suppose it's a cultural thing - if a male officer gives them an order, the reaction tends to be a standoffish "fuck you this is my hood I don't got to listen to you" whereas a female officer tends to get "eeyy baybee sure thing miss officuh, you don't got to put them cuffs on me less ya want to" - it hurts their pride for their boys to see them obey a male cop.

I've been in one fight with a female officer by my side, and I didn't feel particularly disadvantaged by it - it was still two on one at the end of the day, and even if there's more than one perp in a fight, you still have expandable metal sticks to hit them with if things get dicey.

My agency puts cops out in pairs, we don't work alone. I imagine a solo female would have difficulty gaining respect from the locals and laying down the law, so to speak, if somebody wanted to be disrespectful or disregard orders.
>>
Is it hard to getting started as a cop? been thinking about it and my grandpa keeps pushing me to it because he was one. Specifically been thinking about joining as a Park Ranger.
>>
>>30361681
Triple homicides, crew members as young as 12 and 13 killing each other, etc.

I've had shots fired in the general direction of me from ~150 yards away, across a park, nothing really major. I've drawn down on people, never had to fire, hope to never have to.

>>30361758
Be a firefighter instead. Half the work, all of the benefits, twice the respect.
Both are about equally hard to get into.
>>
>>30361758
>thinking about joining
You don't join, you get hired via a competitive multi-step process. In some places, like here, there will be 250 applicants for one open position.
>>
>>30361758
Fucking squirrel police reporting in
>>
>>30361736
Do these fights y'all get in usually resolve in injury or is it de escalated quickly via taser/pepper spray? Or is it less getting punches thrown and more grappling/them trying to get away?
>>
>>30361526
>>30361622
do you feel you are civilians
>>
>>30361898
Mostly grappling, although it's not unheard of for a perp to get KO'd in a fight. If they're high or just really determined to not go peacefully, it can take four cops to grapple them into submission, and if it's just you and your partner, sometimes fists or batons have to fly until back up gets there, especially if the perp actually knows how to fight and keeps you far enough away that you can't grapple.

I hate OC spray, it tends to effect cops more than it does perps, and I mostly work inside housing projects, so my partner and I are liable to get it on ourselves if we use it.
Tasers are great. My agency is too cheap to get them for us.
The alternative is to hit them with a stick, although usually a fight develops quickly enough that you go straight from talking to the perp to grappling with them, and not much time in between for the baton.

>>30361911
Yes, I'm civilian. Even among the cops who refer to non-cops as civilians, I feel it's more of a colloquialism than anything else.
>>
>>30362057
why not just get training and buy your own taser after your department approves? Or is there a good chance they won't?

also thank you for not seeing yourself as other. I hope I'm wrong but it feels like a soldier mentality is occuring more and more.
>>
>>30362114
When you work for a government agency or department, you step into the world of Kafka.

My pants, shirts, boots, hat, gun belt, handcuffs, baton, gun, radio, even my socks and undershirt, are supposed to comply with regulation. I routinely tell my sergeant that I don't give a fuck when he busts my balls about white socks or the neck of my undershirt showing at the collar, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let a taser slide.

Besides, decent tasers cost a lot, and cop pay is mediocre at best.
>>
>>30361622

I would not blame you if you shot a pitbull. They kinda seem like a different category than "cop shoots chihuahua/wienerdog/beagle". I can't say I'm dead set on the whole banning them in fear of hypocricy given my love of the 2nd amendment, but the 2nd amendment deals with inanimate objects and not pitbulls.

http://wtvr.com/2016/04/25/3-day-old-baby-mauled-to-death-by-family-dog/
>Pitbull, man/woman and baby lying in bed
>Woman coughs
>Pitbull eats baby

Fucking pitbulls are the taurus of dogs.
>>
>>30362322
I'm guessing that if you try to bring up tasers the worst case is that they actually adopt it and severely fuck it up.
>>
>>30358978
Hello cops. EMT here. Just a public service anouncement:

please do not rile up the psych patients, even if they are snot nosed punk assed little assholes because you think its funny or that you don't like them. we don't like them either.

And for fucks sake, when its a call inside a house and we're trying to take vitals and conducta a patient interview, don't go around flipping the safeties of your AR 15s on and off where they can hear and see you
>>
Sup I checked myself into a mental hospital at 19 and then took a bunch of meds for a whole for bipolar and ocd shit but I don't have any of that anymore

Would something like that come up in a background check? I think I was just stressed by school at the time not really had the bipolar disorder.

Would they be looking for that kind of shit?
>>
If I want to join the police, how do I find a branch that lets me choose and buy my own sidearm?
>>
>>30361803
>competitive
All the old-timers claim it was a lot more competitive back in the day, and would argue that the level of recruits is at an all time low.
>>
>>30363519
Yeah this

I want my police officer weapon of choice to be a katana and my long range weapon to be either some shuriken or a kunai on a chain. Where can I find a police station that will let me wield these ancient honourable weapons?
>>
>>30361551
ATF been busy
https://puppycidedb.com/
>>
>>30363545
LAPD mounted patrol carry bokken instead of batons. Best I can do.
>>
>>30363570
That is literally the lamest shit I have ever seen

I imagine this guy thinks hes the coolest person ever too
>>
>>30363590
IIRC LAPD were the ones that took the tonfa and called it the "side handle police baton."
>>
>>30363590
>have to hit people from a horse
>a foot and a half baton is perfect!
>>
>>30363545
I'm serious. I'd feel much more comfortable with my own pistol
>>
File: 2221566231_98a6968a65_z.jpg (88 KB, 483x500) Image search: [Google]
2221566231_98a6968a65_z.jpg
88 KB, 483x500
>>30363509
Oh fuck yes it will. And yes they'll look for it and find it. desu I wouldn't even waste my time if I was you.

>>30363405
And for fucks sake, when its a call inside a house and we're trying to take vitals and conducta a patient interview, don't go around flipping the safeties of your AR 15s on and off where they can hear and see you
>>
>>30363973
Really dude? Fuck man, thats not fair at all
>>
>>30363994
I'm in the process for several big city departments. It's not worth the risk of them taking you on and then something happening. At least the cities I applied to, they have literally almost 6,000+ people applying. You could maybe try some smaller departments, they might be more understanding but I wouldn't hold my breath, anon. The places I applied to have officers/detectives who's sole job is to weed people out and if that doesn't work theres still the psych eval that loses some people.

>>30363519
>>30363545
>>30363926
Small county/city departments I've heard allow you to carry pretty much whatever within reason. The larger the agency, the less chance. Chicago used to allow you to pick off a list of several models/cals but that's changed.
>>
>>30363994
>i checked myself into a mental hospital
>totally not fair they can see that

Maybe you should go back. If you couldn't make the decision to stay out of the looney house because you were a stressed kid what makes you think you could handle a flighty situation as a guy with a badge and a gun..
>>
>>30361802
>Both are about equally hard to get into.
wrong.
>>
>>30364052
He probably changed and grew up.
>>
>>30364072
Maybe. Probably, really.

But still,
>I checked myself into a mental hospital
Is gonna be much worse than
>my mommy threw me in when I was 13 because I was angry
>>
>>30364072
>>30364090
Yeah a BI isn't going to go for that. Espc when they have candidates who have no history of mental illness or hospitalization
>>
>>30364090
If I check myself into the hospital for a broken leg and they heal me, should that disqualify me from becoming a sports star? Why would mental health he different?
>>
>>30364120
Yeah exactly.

>>30364121
>bait
>>
>>30364121
>becoming a sports star
>becoming a cop
do you not see the difference?
>>
>>30364137
>>30364139
The point is, he had a problem, he sought treatment, and now he's better.
>>
>>30364151
good for him but when there are 100 other candidate who have never had a problem he wont get picked
>>
>>30364156
>100 other candidate
Is this likely?
>>
>>30364151
That may be true. Not worth the risks though
>>
>>30364151
The point is he has a history of bad decision making and is trying to enter a career field where not only will you have to make life and death decisions but deal with a huge amount of stress. Who's to say that won't bring it back. The burden of proof is on him and they won't take the risk nor should they desu.
>>
>>30364163
depends on the department but yes if not way more. places like chicago have thousands of applicants.
>>
>>30364163
yeah, glut of people with previous military experience now, might not make great cops but looks great on a resume
>>
>>30364163
>Is this likely?
Very much so. I just got back from Chicago where there were literally thousands of us.
>>
>>30364170
>>30364177
How many get in?
>>
>>30364174
it does more than look good on a resume. here in WA it gives them a 10 point addition to their score, which is crazy.
>>
>>30364187
Also asking you>>30364174
>>
>>30364187
it will literally depend on what they need. last time seattle had a big hire it was 100+, right now WA state patrol has 100+ openings.
>>
>>30364187
Hard to say. Right now CPD said they're trying to do a class a month because how undermanned they are and will continue to be with retirements happening.
>>
>>30364202
>>30364215
Maybe they'll need Mr. Checked Himself into a Madhouse
>>
>>30364228
kek. i only know shit for WA, WSP has very high standards
>>
>>30364228
As fucked as CPD is, I doubt it.
>>
>>30358978
Any detectives on /k/? I've always wanted to be one as a kid and now I'm worked in the Public Safety department at my school. Is it anything interesting? Would you recommend anyone try it out? Is there any way for me to be an intern or an assistant just to see what the field is like?
>>
>>30364052
It was diffetent circumstances. I don't even use my medicine and I own a handgun legally and I have never even gotten a parking ticket. Never even been pulled over once in my entire life
>>
File: 1460326054390.png (45 KB, 173x231) Image search: [Google]
1460326054390.png
45 KB, 173x231
>>30364090

>my mommy threw me in when I was 13 because I was angry

i always wondered this. my mom had me baker acted when i was like 15 because she listened to the (((school counselors))) that said i had a problem, and i spent 3 days in the nut house. they put me on paxil for a bit and she made me go to a therapist voluntarily. i never attempted suicide or expressed any ideations.

none of this has ever prevented me from buying a ton of guns. i wouldnt really consider becoming a cop because id be taking a 30k a year pay cut starting out, but from time to time i mulled over that option because im sick of corporate bullshit. i asked her about it and she told me dont even waste my time youd never pass the polygraph.

my retort was, every single cop is a fucking boy scout? cmon. polygraphs only work if you think they work. she was a cop for 31 years and so was my dad. i wonder if shes steering me away because of how cucked it is now or if i really am truly fucked for being nut housed at 15 and she doesnt want to tell me that.
>>
File: nigga.gif (14 KB, 194x200) Image search: [Google]
nigga.gif
14 KB, 194x200
>>30364282
>this nigga just doesn't get it
The BI doesn't really give a shit about the circumstances, anon. They'd sooner next you and get on with the shit load of other people they have to investigate that haven't had your colorful past.
>I don't even use my medicine
Even if they believed you, that's still not a great argument. Think about it.
>>
>>30364265
99% of departments you have to be a patrol officer before you get promoted to detective.
>>
>>30364303
I am not going to waste their time but I still don't believe that it is fair. It is a small town department
>>
>>30364294
>30k a year pay cut starting out
sheeeit, fuck you applying? The lowest paying city I'm applying to out of all of them is New Orleans and that's over 40k while in the academy.
>>
>>30360076
interior lights and hands on the wheel where they can see them.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 535x592) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 535x592
>>30364308
Wow really? You don't just get a Criminology degree and head straight into it? Are private eye agencies still a thing?
>>
>>30364326
30k? Thats a teacher's salary, shit, I'd take it in a heartbeat
>>
>>30364265

dont know about an internship but my parents were both detectives. dad did homicide and mom did sex crimes.

from what i remember in my childhood, the hours were fucking awful and the depravity of the crimes they investigated took a mental toll on them.

i used to read their case files when they were asleep, and i was a young kid probably early teens. dad had one case where a guy stabbed his wife 40+ times and then beat her skull in with a hammer. autopsy photos had a bunch of flags in all the stab marks and they peeled the scalp back on her head to show a bunch of quarter sized dents in her skull. crime scene photos looked like someone sprayed blood about 6ft up on all of their walls and the walls and doors were covered with hand marks from her trying to claw away from the guy.

mom had one perp that was a chimo and he kept a condom filled with water frozen in his freezer that used to fuck himself in the ass with and it was covered in poop. he wrote her a letter to her pd before he an heroed in prison blaming her for his death.

mom also had a case where a chimo murdered a local kid, chopped her up and stuffed her in the space between his ceiling and the apartment above.

shit is fucked up out there in the world, anon.
>>
>>30364348
kek no. CJ degrees are 100% useless, they prefer any other degree
>>
>>30364326

where i am, the starting pay is like 43k ish. i make like 75 grand now at my corporate job but i hate it. id rather be a lower paid, nigger wrangler that can help people than a fucking spreadsheet zombie.
>>
>>30364348
PI license usually requires you be a former police officer or military. In my state you need 3000 hours of militart/police experience. You can get a 1,000 hours of that knocked off if you get a criminal justice degree but you still need the other 2,000

Just look it up. Also, if you do the extra training to get a gun then youre better off not even carrying it because if you discharge it even in self defense you are essentially a dead man
>>
File: mfw.png (826 KB, 584x623) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
826 KB, 584x623
>>30364348
>You don't just get a Criminology degree and head straight into it?
>Criminology degree
>mfw
>>30364352
>30k?
yeah thats pretty bad. nypd doesn't pay shit or i'd applied there, but I don't want to live in nyc again or the counties on that salary
>>
>>30364371
I'm personally going for Data Analytics but I just want an excuse to be an autist and wear a trenchcoat
>>
File: 1456007364902.jpg (95 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
1456007364902.jpg
95 KB, 679x960
>>30364322
>I still don't believe that it is fair. It is a small town department

God fucking damn, dude. If you were going through applicants and seen your exact situation, would you stop and think, "hmm, I bet this guy is actually not on his meds, and not actually depressed."
Would you then go through and interview him and go through a fuck ton of effort, instead of just denying him and moving on the the next applicant?
>>
>>30364372
>hate corporate job
>rather be a nigger wrangler that can help people than a fucking spreadsheet zombie.

Yeah pretty much the convo I had with myself. I'm graduating soon and considering grad school then working for family. But I've wanted to be a cop for a while just never told anyone, asians family and public service jobs not conducive.
>>
>>30364372
>where i am, the starting pay is like 43k ish.
jesus, the starting pay around me is 60k and after a few years you are around 80k
>>
>>30360076
>Remember to turn the interior lights on at night.

That's actually something I've never heard before. Hands on steering wheel, tell them before moving much, etc, I've heard. Will do.
>>
>Asking the officer to get your insurance and such.

Why the fuck don't you have this shit out before he gets to you?
>>
>>30364423
>just pulled someone over
>walking up to their vehicle
>they're leaning over fucking with shit
it could look like they're going for something or hiding something. as a man of color, the two times i've been stopped, i always asked just so i don't end up a # on twitter or some shit.
>>
>>30364390
Guess not.
>>
>>30363545
Nippon.

Pls go and stay
>>
>>30364393

idk if its honestly something i want to do or its just because i grew up around cops and that lifestyle seems more comfortable to me than what im doing now.

my mind is fucking warped from being exposed to that shit when i was a kid so im just jaded and cynical as fuck, and i feel like i need to feed that with more awful shit and be with equally as fucked up people, instead of the soft ass white collar faggots i work with now.
>>
>>30364423
>need insurance and such

free men dont ask for permission.
>>
>>30364437
Ah, I've never been stopped, but, everybody in my town basically says that the cops take like 5 minutes before even walking to your vehicle.
Running plates and everything probably makes it take a while.
>>
File: it's not fair.jpg (131 KB, 500x772) Image search: [Google]
it's not fair.jpg
131 KB, 500x772
For anyone looking to be hired please read: http://forums.officer.com/t94150/

>my sides when dumb applicant fucking shits
>>
>>30363545
>kunai and chain
Joey go to bed.
>>
>>30364485
Yeah I'm just glad I had the realization now instead of later when I had gotten into another career.
> instead of the soft ass white collar faggots i work with now
Yeah i've never been one for the suit and tie white collar water cooler talk type work. Rather be a savage handler than work in an office or for my family.
>>
>>30364393
also everyone loves a tactical asian
>>
>>30364579
>also everyone loves a tactical asian
haha. I'm half german so more like tactical samoan looking idk what anon.
>>
>>30364356
Jesus H. Christ. Your childhood deserves its own HBO miniseries.
>>
How hard is it to get on swat or a marshal
>>
>>30364909
>SWAT
Depends on the agency. Bigger the agency, bigger the gene pool so standards will generally be higher. Typically 3 years on patrol, physical fitness test, high weapon qual score.

>marshal
Go to their website and see. But the marshals just guard federal courthouses and transport prisoners. Your fugitive task force (door kicker) guys are usually organic local agency officers and deputies that are deputized as federal marshals assigned to a task force. If you dont work for an agency that has a liason assigned to a fugitive task force, you wont be able to get on the task force.
>>
>>30365123
Is fbi the same
>>
>>30364909
oh ya know maybe a 6 hard, 7 hard on a bad day
>>
>>30365131
FBI also has task forces with organic local law enforcement as members....your run of the mill FBI special agent is organic FBI though. Look on their website but forget it if you dont have at least a bachelor's. Last I heard they were heavily recruiting people with degrees in computer shit and accounting.
>>
>>30365172
Do you know how hard it is to get a job as a FBI SA? I'm considering going for it after a few years of work experience in accounting.
>>
>>30358978
go to your local dmv and pay for a full mvr.
>>
>>30363534

They're fucking wrong. And you have to fight through a crowd of minority and female diversity hires to get a job too.
>>
>>30364396

Cost of living tends to cause govt worker pay to vary.

I took a state job over local because starting pay is $6k higher. That said opportunities for advancement within my agency are limited, so I plan to apply to other agencies, but I have my foot in the door so that is a big plus. I want to work for NC SBI or ALE but nobody gets on with them without experience.
>>
>>30363534

They are hilariously, laughably fucking wrong.
>>
Question to the cops. Have you ever got the MUH RIGHTS guys who will never answer a single question? How do you act?
>>
>>30366543
Arrest them

not a cop but thats the sum of my dads story
>>
>>30362512
>

I really don't get why people in the US and media are so on the edge about dog shootings. You can reason with bad guys, you can't reason with bad guy's angry dog. Before 2003. GSG9 fired their weapons 5 times in their history, 2 of those times were because of mad dogs. Well, after 2003. their mission changed significantly and they got a lot of heat in Iraq. In 2012. while raiding some german Hells Angels HQ they also had to shoot some dogs. No people IIRC.
>>
File: 1466386993227.jpg (163 KB, 720x747) Image search: [Google]
1466386993227.jpg
163 KB, 720x747
>>30366543

Not a cop, but I am a probation / parole officer and I was drafted into attending several sovereign citizen training classes and courses and now their cases all get sent to me automatically in my county.

There aren't a whole lot of them, so you don't see them too often. Almost invariably they are what you would imagine- a skinnyfat white dude who lives in a trailer or shack, no or a very poor or inconsistent job, and the vast majority once they find out you mean business play along decently well because they're all giant pussies. Most of the ones I get normally committed a crime so minor they would not have normally been placed on supervision, but they fucked up in court so hard or acted like such fucking cocks to the arresting officer that they get slapped with resisting a public officer or piss off the judge.

Every trainer for dealing with sovereigns is pretty much in agreement and explicit about how to deal with them- do not give their crap any credence whatsoever, do not play along with their "game", do not give them any leeway. They have a history of taking out liens against officers who they deal with (recently, taking a false lien in NC was made a felony, so that has largely stopped). Essentially, zero tolerance for their bullshit if they don't can it fast- "cuff and stuff" is the current MO. Of the ones I have that didn't play nice soon after me getting them, I just instantly arrested for noncompliance (wouldn't submit to a drug test, wouldn't answer basic questions, wouldn't demonstrate basic compliance) and set their court dates like 2 months out. Get fucked.

Honestly I think a lot more sovereigns are on federal rather than state probation because of tax evasion reasons. Some of those are less skinnyfat trailer trash and more "some dude that just really doesn't want to pay taxes and tries to pull this sovereign bullshit and run it as far as he can".
>>
>>30366192
You need a bachelor's at the least in something like law, pyshc, or accounting even. Then you have to be accepted to the academy and make it through that. Though the real day to day life of an FBI SA is nothing like you see on TV, it is mostly paperwork and boring ass shit.
>source I worked a guard at the FBI for over two years
>>
>>30366704
I'm a Mech Eng. undergrad planning on a master's of accounting. the real barrier here is my shit vision, well over 10 diopters of myopia in each eye
>>
>>30365131

Your best shot at getting on with an FBI task force is working in a larger city as a LEO. I know a couple dudes near here that make bank working with federal task force. What >>30365172 says is correct about the nature of the composition of these groups.

>>30366704

They are very competitive now and the academy is supposedly very, very difficult. All the fed LEOs I know tell me that the best way to get in is to start in another federal agency and lateral in. Border patrol is one of the easiest to get into.

Of the ones I work with, the ATF field guys are by far the most chill and easy to work with.

>>30366713

Correctable? Most law enforcement agencies mandate vision that is of a certain quality, but also they typically stipulate that so long as it is correctable by either glasses or surgery it is ok.
>>
>>30366674
I love retards like them. Even if their stupidity just harms normal citizens.
Like all these videos and guides teaching your rights for no other reason than to get away with drugs and illegal shit in your car. Not even to protect your rights, but to get away from fucking lawbreaking.
>>
>>30366713
I am not sure if vision will hold you back as long as it correctable
>>
>>30366723
I have always gotten along better with the local task force cops, they always treated us guards with respect. The other Feds just looked down us like we were beneath them or some shit. I agree I have heard the academy is next to impossible to get into
>>
>>30366723
>>30366728
I think the FBI has a waiver for the uncorrected vision if I wear contacts for a year or something. But my uncorrected vision would not meet the cutoffs at any other agency, on the Snellen test I would probably test something like a 20/800 if not worse. I currently wear glasses that bring me to 20/25 (old script).

Also at that point I have to wonder if it's not irresponsible to work in LE if I have to wear contacts to see anything. If mine fell out I would be literally useless in a gunfight, at that point I wouldn't be able to PID a threat at all anywhere outside of 3 feet.
>>
>>30366736

A lot of the task force cops probably did the same thing you are doing while or before they did basic, or they worked as prison guards. Feds may have done that in the far past, but many have not.

I would really like to go federal, but everything I hear from friends it makes it sound like a hiring nightmare- they are all shooting for diversity quotas, unequal hiring standards, and veteran's preference is almost a must nowadays. I don't know if that is uniformly true, but I know some really qualified dudes that haven't made it very far in the hiring process, too.
>>
>>30366783
>diversity hires
yeah I forgot all about that bullshit. If you are a white male you're basically fucked on getting hired. If you want to go fed check with DHS - FPS they are feds and somewhat easy to get on with. Your best bet with FPS depending on which DHS region you live in get on the contract security for DHS and it is a great way to get your foot in the door. Also you can always go to the DOE/NNSA and go that route as well. If you are single and love to travel I would suggest the NNSA / OST (Office of Secure Transport) these are the crazy fuckers that transport nukes around and shit they are federal agents as well, and really laid back and fun guys.
>>
>>30366820
What if you're a east asian male and speak Mandarin? Can I be the diversity hire?
>>
>>30366852
I honestly do not know
>>
>>30366852

As an asian, you also receive white privilege because your family probably isn't pure garbage and you managed to amount to something in life. So, no, you're a privileged shitlord. kys.

Although they do specifically mention a heavy emphasis on hiring arabic and mandarin speakers.
>>
>>30366852
Regardless, you can always try what I suggested if you really want to be a Fed
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.