[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The New CZ Bren Rifle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: CZ Bren.jpg (104 KB, 1282x685) Image search: [Google]
CZ Bren.jpg
104 KB, 1282x685
CZ shows off it's new Bren rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrKpOHMKMKs
>>
>>30354073
What does it do that every other AR18 clone doesn't?
>>
It's funny to see yuropoors struggling with their failed yet overpriced weapons so much that they have to make new versions every year, while they could be making the M4A1 at a much lower price.
>>
>Look guise, we added ribbing to the stock and a waffle pattern to the magwell so that it isn't such a transparent plagiarism of the SCAR
If the Germans can make an AR18 derivative that doesn't look like the SCAR, there's no reason why the Czechs cant too. For shame.
>>
>>30354083
Not really an AR18 clone. The 3-part piston/op-rod is very similar, but the Bren bolt rides on actual rails in the receiver, the receiver is milled aluminum, and the lower and rear trunnion are different.
>>
>>30354073
neat, it's probably way better than the spandau
>>
>>30354083
It's not a huge piece of shit
>>
>>30354073
>yfw you know the dude who manages Army Recognition and speaks in most of their videos.
>yfw you're ashamed your french fellows have a hardest time to properly speak english without sounding frog as fuck than some czech to properly speak french without sounding yuropoor.
>>
>>30354073
Seems like they fixed all that was wrong with the original model. Too bad army has the old one and won't be getting these.
>>
File: V-AR.jpg (324 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
V-AR.jpg
324 KB, 1200x675
>>30354090

Not sure what "expensive" means in Burgerclapland, but in Czech I can get Bren for mere 1400$ brand new. Also, I can legally own pic related, 8" SBR, no tax stamps, just a regular gun permit and I am good to go.
>>
>>30354354
they are getting these... what are you talking about? did something change?
>>
>>30354878
In clapistan, the 805's msrp $1999. They priced themselves out of the market, while offering less features than cheaper rifles like an ar-15 for $800. Or a $1300 Beretta ARX 100. Or a $1600 tavor/aug etc etc.
>>
>>30354934

Well, as far as I know, the CZ is retarded anyway, not that I wanted to defend them, just saying. The pic shown was just some private guy merging best qualities of AK and AR and making his own rifle.

Anyway, about the CZ, last time I remember, when there was an army purchase, their Brens were vastly overpriced, and it was quiet a big scandal in here, because AFAIK even FN gave them way better prices for Mk17 accompanied by EGLMs than the piece of shit Brens. And when the purchase was over, their justification was, that SCARS are new and not battle proven rifles, thus justifying overpriced Brens. To top it all off, soldiers in Afghanistan reported high dissatisfaction with Brens and staggering 9% of all Brens being completely fucked up to the point of life threatening malfunctions in combat.
>>
>>30354993
>SCARS are new and not battle proven
Holy kek, I thought our military's AMERICAN MADE shilling was bad. I'm still curious as to who the fuck thought it was ok to make a rifle, let alone a scar copy without a bolt release past the 70s.
>>
>>30355013

Also, it was in 2010 and AFAIK by that time, SCARs had some bretty decent record. Kek, you really thought your Army shilling is top? Let me tell you something about Czech Ministry of Defense shilling.

Take your guess, how much the Single BREN rifle cost the Army, including the GL and few additional accessories (trying to find the whole list to not pull it out of my ass)

The tender, for a CZ Bren A1 cost 62 300 000$ for 8000 rifles.

That's 7,787$ - FOR. A. SINGLE. FUCKING. BREN. RIFLE. and some basic accesories ... produced on mass scale.
>>
>>30355058
You guys are paying that price for the continued existence of your defense industry. Don't cuck yourself out of it over pettiness. Especially when CZ updated and addressed the military's complaints.

The gun wasn't ready back then. It is now and will serve just fine.
>>
>>30355077
7 grand for a rifle is too much tho
>>
>>30354878
1. I don't live in the US
2. You don't need a tax stamp because you already need an authorization from the state to own a category B weapon and a license to own any kind of firearm, you've got to pay for the license, the shooting club membership, the medical evaluation, etc. In the end, you pay more money and wait longer to own any categeroy B weapon that an American would have to to get a NFA item.
3. $1400 for the unreliable piece of shit that even your own military hates is already way too much. A decent AR15 costs $600 or less to build. My point still stands.
>>
File: 1452814654673.jpg (100 KB, 534x768) Image search: [Google]
1452814654673.jpg
100 KB, 534x768
>>30355013

Shilling No. 2 - German DINGOs - Armored Jeeps

Czech MOD decided to buy new armored jeeps for the soldiers in Afghanistan, however, they bought some shitty monkey model, that even krauts are not using. The Czech dingo weighted about 11 tons with an engine power of 163KW .... I wonder who the fuck thought that would suffice for such a heavy car, and were armed only with some shitty 7.62 LMG, for the Afghanistan. The final car was so shitty, that Coalition forces straight out refused Czechs to ride in the convoys with them unless they get better transport. Because last time they rode with them, the car was unable to get OVER SMALL HILL and had to return to the base.

When shit hit the fan, you know who the Czech MOD blamed? The coalition, and that they used apparently some shitty diesel which is okay with all of the coalition transport, whereby Dingo 2 requires some high quality one to run properly.

Now, the price of a car that cannot even drive past a normal hill on a road? Single Dingo cost the army 1 386 500$ ... talk about shilling. Also the jeep was bought without any tender whatsoever.
>>
>>30355058
>>30355132
Have you ever considered your government's favorite pass-time is burning the money they stole from your country's hardworking citizens?
>>
>>30355120

Well, I said I wasn't defending them. I'd rather grab the poor mans ak 74 for 600$ and not even think twice about buying Bren. So I stand with your point.
>>
>>30355146

It's a well known fact :^) We got best of both worlds, communism and capitalism merged together. The masses are poor as fuck, in an open market, where money are being burned like no tomorrow, citizens milked to the point of 29% of population being on a verge of bankrupt and not being able to afford 500$ unexpected expense where it would fuck up the household completely :^)

I could continue with all the shit that Czech Gov does.
>>
File: Msbskandmsbsb[1].jpg (94 KB, 800x492) Image search: [Google]
Msbskandmsbsb[1].jpg
94 KB, 800x492
Is this a SCAR clone?
>>
>>30355119
It's not just for the rifle. It's rifle + a myriad of accessories and the subsidy of each of those industries. I'd be incredibly surprised if it didn't include maintenance, future R&D (see 806), and parts over the life of the weapon and any associated accessory. Nearly every defense contract has this. That's why you can't just view contract price like a pleb.
>>
>>30355168
Is that a FAMAS?
>>
>>30355168

Looks like Masada but considering there is a bull-pup above it's prob MDR or the polish one, not sure about the name.
>>
>>30355170
I get it, but that is still too much.
>>
>>30355170

But that still does not justify the bullshit of "SCARS are not battle proven" while being offered at much lover prices with all of the aforementioned stuff above.
>>
>>30355168
the receivers are similar, the gas system and bolt are different though, more like the AR18 than the SCAR.

inb4 some dipshit calls the SCAR an AR18 clone. If you think the SCAR's bolt carrier and short stroke tappet are like an AR18's short stroke piston then you need glasses
>>
>>30354326
French here, he does sound youropoor as fuck; the accent is shit thick
>>
>>30355203
>gas system and bolt carrier are different
fugged up
>>
File: 1452820357148.png (528 KB, 713x624) Image search: [Google]
1452820357148.png
528 KB, 713x624
>>30355058
>>30355119
>>30355146
>>30355170
>>30355188

Found the whole list of what the army got for 62 300 000$ and 7800$ per rifle.

6 687 Assault Rifles
1 250 Carbine Versions
397 Under-barrel GL
7 937 ZD-Dot (Red Dots)
386 NV-Mag3 (Night Vision 3x zoom)
1 386 DV-Mag3 (Day time 3x zoom)
1386 Dual Laser DBAL-A Pointers (IR/Normal)

1 758 400 M885/ss109 rounds
771 600 M856 Tracers
12 845 HE-FRAG92
6 850 HE-DP 92 into GL
68 sets of spare parts

I'd say, that shit is pretty overpriced, considering how everything was cut down in numbers in comparison to the rifle numbers.
>>
>>30355201
Who cares?
>Is the military's desire to procure from domestic companies insuring their continued viability a reasonable choice?
Yeah.

The SCAR was never in the running. It was simply a benchmark for CZ.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.