[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (41 KB, 650x464) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41 KB, 650x464
I'm triggered please help
>>
>>30352735
Can't help you, there's no known cure for autism
>>
>>30352735
Those are some terrible synonyms.
>>
File: mag-clip_cartoon.gif (21 KB, 345x138) Image search: [Google]
mag-clip_cartoon.gif
21 KB, 345x138
>>30352771
are you implying the thingy is autism or OP is autism?

both would work
>>
>>30352735
>triggered
GET OUT
>>
>cartridge is a synonym for a thing that contains cartridges
I'm triggered too.
>>
>>30352771
Clip v magazine is a small issue, but the fact that it's overlooked and not worried about speaks to a much larger issue of complete ignorance about firearms and their operation. It might not mean shot that some fuss says clip when he means magazine, but because gun literate people allow this kind of fuckery with their own, that breeds the kind of "shoulder thing that goes up", "automatic killer, 47 bullets per trigger pull" meme shit that noguns actually believe.

Is it so autistic to ask that we educate rather than allow the fuckery to grow?
>>
>>30352800
BUT IT'S A FUNNY PUN GET IT XDDDDDDD
>>
>>30352814
honestly in this case yes it's totally autistic. This is an exclusively semantic issue. People not knowing how firearms actually function is a problem when they polemicize about them, but understanding their functioning and using a broader term to describe a part of the firearm doesn't really matter at all.

the clip/mag thing is one of the firearm communities' dumbest memes and when we correct the ignorant on that in particular we just look nitpicky.
>>
>>30352814
I understand the sentiment, but perhaps that argument could have been put in the op instead of "AAAAAAAAAA"
>>
>>30352835
Except for it isn't totally semantic. A clip functions in a different way than a magazine. I agree it's probably autistic to a degree, but how can we hold anti gunners accountable for not knowing the right terms and shit if we don't even hold ourselves and other actual firearm owners accountable for it?
>>
>>30352838
it's not even an argument though; it's a fact
>>
>>30352838
Not OP, but okay
>>
>>30352863
It is entirely semantic. A clip, the way it's used colloquially, is the device that contains cartridges. This colloquial definition is broad and includes magazines, and it is also distinct from the technical word "clip" that includes stripper, en bloc, moon/half moon clips.

It isn't an issue of ignorance, is what you need to understand. Colloquial terms are NEVER as precise as technical terms because not everyone is invested in learning the technical specificities of every mechanical object on the planet. Furthermore, nobody has ever made an antigun argument that was predicated on a misunderstanding about the difference between a clip and a magazine, because it's simply not germane to such a discussion to understand the difference.
>>
>>30352919
I agree with everything you're saying except that it isn't an issue of ignorance, because it is. IME antigunners call anything remotely scary looking an assault rifle, even if it is a semiautomatic rifle with a 10rd magazine bullet button rifle.
Clip being a colloquialism for magazine is like assault rifle being colloquialism for any magazine fed rifle with a pistol grip and rail attachments. We both know none of that is true, yet antis feed on that kind of uninformed bullshit and that is what drives the whole sentiment.
I'm just saying education is one of our most important allies, and even though I might be considered an autist for pointing out differences in "semantics" they really are different and have unique definitions for a reason. Just like "assault rifle" doesn't include semiautomatics by definition.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.