[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/AGG/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.jpg (41 KB, 385x512) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
41 KB, 385x512
Why is there never an airgun general on /k/? There's usually a general for quite a few things; but that's not the point.

What airguns does /k/ have?
I have a .20 caliber Sheridan Bluestreak that seems to be from the late 60's and a .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder that's a bitch to pump.

>inb4 shit picture
Yes, I know.
>>
Generals usually devolve into tripfags and anons shitposting at each other. Plus there's only the occasional airgun thread on here, so there's not much need to cull 20+ threads into one.
>>
>>30351039
I guess you're right. Reminds me of the first time I went into an /arg/. I thought I was gonna get to learn a lot of shit; but the only thing to learn was how to shitpost about rails and people calling each other poorfags.

But let's hope someone steps into the conversation.
>>
I've got a .177 RWS 34 that I love. I was on the fence between .177 and .20 and I went with .177 simply because of availability for my only airgun.
>>
>>30351120
Have you taken anything down with it?
>>
>>30351144
No, I picked it up when .22lr was unobtainium as a substitute cheap plinker and fell in love with it. There are some starlings that keep tearing open some screens to the rafters of my house and making nests year after year so I might end up killing them all, but I take no joy in killing
>>
>>30351207
Well, its not much about "joy" killing, but I used to kill some squirrels every now and then because they would love to mess with my tomato plants.
>>
>>30350975
>Why is there never an airgun general on /k/?

Because generals are cancer
>>
File: gamo silent cat.jpg (13 KB, 562x142) Image search: [Google]
gamo silent cat.jpg
13 KB, 562x142
>>30350975

break barrels:
i have:
a gamo whisper fusion in .22 with a centerpoint 3-9x50
>its been discontinued
>hopefully it has resale value

crosman blaze xt in .177 in a wood stock with a gamo 3-9x50 scope

gamo silent cat in .177 with no scope on it currently.

gamo cadet delta in .177 without a scope and no iron sights

gamo p900 .177 break barrel gas piston pistol

the crosman and whisper fusion have a gas piston and i love it.

co2 airguns:
crosman 1077
crsoman 357 revolver
gamo p85
crosman tac1911
umarex xbg carbine and pistol

pump airguns;
daisy 880 with a tasco 3-9x50
crosman m4177 with a gamo 4x scope
crosman mk177 with no sights
crosman 760
crosman 1377 x2

other;

daisy powerline 201

thats it mane, ask me anything
>>
Any recommendations for a pellet rifle? As a kid I had a pretty nice multi pump gun (no idea what make or model, probably gamo). Never shot animals, just targets and cans.

Something to take out critters in the confines of suburbia without using a 22lr
>>
>>30351802

daisy 880

>extremely accurate
>Can fire any .177 pellet
>cheap

you might be down 80-100 dollars with the rifle, a good scope, and a tin or 2 of ammo
>>
File: IMG_0465.jpg (33 KB, 654x560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0465.jpg
33 KB, 654x560
>>30351796
Damn man, that's quite a collection. I've been thinking of getting a break barrel rifle again. I used to have a Crossman Vantage, but I ended up giving it away even though I took down quite a few squirrels with it.

I've been looking at http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_135_QE_Vortex_Air_Rifle/3976/7594 and I wanted to know if .30 caliber or .25 are memes; or should I stick to good ol' fashioned .177 or .22?
>>
>>30352098

generally speaking, .177 is good for squirrels and the like, .22 is good for rabbits-small hogs, .25 is good for coyotes, .30 is good for anything bigger.

.177 is really accurate out to 100 yards, but the practical distance is 20-30 yards. .22 is accurate and powerful up to 30-50 yards.

the .25 was supposed to have the accuracy of a .22 and the power of .30 cal. so its kinda memish.

also .30 and .25 break barrel requires alot of force to load.

if you are hunting, a .25/.30 cal break barrel may not a be a bad choice because you wont need to load it as much, but the ammo is going to be expensive relative to .22 or .177.

.22 seems to be the best option because its cheap, itll kill anything dead, it doesnt require much force to load.

also generally speaking, precharged airguns tend to be in larger calibers because you dont need to exert any force to load it.

also dont get technical data on airguns from british sources because their airguns are capped at 12 footpounds of energy so their data on performance of pellets doesnt apply to american airguns

tl;dr get it in .22
>>
>>30352324
Get the gun in the link in .22, or just get a .22 in general?
>>
Cool! What options do I have for American made air rifles? I'm looking for .177 caliber and suppressed. Cost not really an issue.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.