[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Projectile indentification
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image-6119233[1].png (1 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image-6119233[1].png
1 MB, 800x600
Sup /k/

Can anyone ID this thing found with a metaldetector in the Netherlands?
Since this is a nofun country, no one knows shit about weapons/explosives, unlike some of you guys.
>>
Someone said it was a nebelwerfer rocket, could that be it?
>>
Anyone? I know it's a pretty bad picture but the scale and size of it is fairly clear.
>>
Can't tell with the pic provided. Try sticking it in your ass and taking another pic. Might be able to tell then.
>>
>>30345256
Im 99% sure, that you've found a FAMAS.
>>
>>30345256

That's Carl's water pipe you bastard.
>>
File: 236_Rockets.jpg (43 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
236_Rockets.jpg
43 KB, 650x488
Bazooka rocket maybe?
>>
Looks like it could be a 3.5 inch Super Bazooka rocket. Also might consider the 2.36 inch Bazooka rocket. Where was it found?

http://uxoinfo.com/blogcfc/client/includes/uxopages/Mulvaney_Details.cfm?Ord_Id=R2
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 384x384
EOD
check diameter with a ruler, but most likely
>>30345605
3.5in M20 - post ww2 so youre probably detecting on an old firing range from the 50s-70s
There are 2 warheads HEAT and Prac
The fuze is in the rear of the junction between the bulb and the rocket motor tube. The tailfin unit usually separates on impact leaving just the venturi nozzle like that.
The HEAT version has a pop out boreriding safety pin in the fuze (pic attached) that came out as it leaves the launcher
>like the old saying- if the pin is out, mr grenade is not your friend
Call your local military EOD team
>>
>>30345605
It was found on an army training ground I think. I've also found the back end of a super bazooka there once, so you may very well be right. Some supposedly knowledgeable guy said it was a rocket of a German nebel werfer, do you think this is also a possibility?
>>
>>30346470
* and a WP round for smoke marking
That you really dont want to crack open
>>
>>30346470
I think you're spot on. Also, I didn't find it, these pictures we're sent to me by someone else. The EOD have already taken it away, but there was some discussion as to what it was exactly, so I thought I'd ask you guys. You people are experts as always.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (22 KB, 471x312) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
22 KB, 471x312
Nebelwerfer was 21cm diameter and different shape profile
>pic
>would not rely on your friend for ID of UXO
Call EOD
Unless its still an active military range and youre trespassing, its safe to just call via your local cops, theyll have the number to call
>>
>>30346515
Pretty sure your friend is not that smart.
Does it look like it's 200+ pounds?
>>
See if that was found in the states by some rednecks and not some cuck eurofags...it would have been blown up for actual Fun. I'd dump gas on that fucking thing light and run.

BOOOOOMMM

OP is a complete cuck.
>>
>>30346643
Trust me, if my country wasn't as cucked as it is, I would have done it. This shit is not worth going to jail for though
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.