[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
clark county just adopted microstamping for their new safe handgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: NV_17659.gif (5 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
NV_17659.gif
5 KB, 400x400
clark county just adopted microstamping for their new safe handgun roster
>>
>>30342384

Every gun I've ever purchased has been test fired and a cartridge held by the state police.

I really don't see much of a difference, except for microstamping is more expensive.
>>
No one is goin to adhere to that bullshit yo.
>>
>>30342384
>Clark county has banned new handguns

Fixed that for you.

Enjoy skyrocketing pistol prices and not being able to buy anything but a single, state-approved color.
>>
>>30342390
What? Where? Pretty sure even in cuckafornia they don't do that. It'd be nuts.

And microstamping is space magic. They might as well require unicorn dust be used in ammo production for how actually implementable it is.They're banning the import of new handguns.
>>
>>30342384
Have they even made the technology plausible yet? Does it even work?
>>
File: MD_MAGA.png (203 KB, 1180x1204) Image search: [Google]
MD_MAGA.png
203 KB, 1180x1204
>>30342409

People's Republic of Maryland. This has been the case for at least 20 years.
>>
>>30342384
LOL

These things are easily defeated OP.
>>
do you have a link to the exact law? I want to know how vague it is, if the manufacturer could use symbols or pictures rather than letters/numbers. I wanna see microstamped penises on all the primers
>>
File: 1463434917372.jpg (288 KB, 792x609) Image search: [Google]
1463434917372.jpg
288 KB, 792x609
>>30342495
Based Hogan got rid of it and the millions of drums with the casings that never got filed because it was a stupid idea...much like micro stamping
>>
>>30342546
He needs to get rid of the background checks too. Two hours to buy a shotgun, give me a break.
>>
>>30342546

Still waiting on him to get rid of the license to buy a handgun and the AWB that was passed after Sandy Hook.
>>
>>30342506

california's lawsuit is sitting on the 9th circuit. If we get a dem senate, say goodbye to new handguns
>>
>>30342615
AWB got shit on by 4th appeals in lawsuit though.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 766x960
>>30342390
>>30342393
>>30342384

Welcome to the logic of the California Democrat. Vote out those toxic maggots before they infect you further.

t. Californian
>>
>>30342384
Where is your source?
t. Las Vegas resident
>>
>>30343164
he has none

Per NRS 244.364

1.The Legislature hereby declares that:
(a)The purpose of this section is to establish state control over the regulation of and policies concerning firearms, firearm accessories and ammunition to ensure that such regulation and policies are uniform throughout this State and to ensure the protection of the right to keep and bear arms, which is recognized by the United States Constitution and the Nevada Constitution.
(b)The regulation of the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, carrying, ownership, transportation, storage, registration and licensing of firearms, firearm accessories and ammunition in this State and the ability to define such terms is within the exclusive domain of the Legislature, and any other law, regulation, rule or ordinance to the contrary is null and void.
(c)This section must be liberally construed to effectuate its purpose.
2.Except as otherwise provided by specific statute, the Legislature reserves for itself such rights and powers as are necessary to regulate the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, carrying, ownership, transportation, storage, registration and licensing of firearms, firearm accessories and ammunition in Nevada and to define such terms. No county may infringe upon those rights and powers.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-244.html#NRS244Sec364
>>
>>30342384
>microstamping
Never heard of it before

>The SAAMI trade group raises these objections:
>
> Unscrupulous individuals could collect discarded brass from a firing range and salt crime scenes with microstamped cases, thereby providing false evidence against innocent people and increasing the workload for investigators.[14]
> Firing a large number of rounds will wear down the microstamp.[14]
> Microstamping is an immature, sole source technology, and has not been subjected to sufficient independent testing. Transfer of microstamped marks to the cases is less reliable than proponents claim.[14]
> High costs for testing the efficacy of the technique must be passed on to customers, increasing the cost of firearms for those who obtain them legally.[14]
> Guns manufactured before an effective date are exempt and the bill does not extend to guns outside of California. There's no possibility that this bill would ever cover enough guns to provide the investigative advantage claimed for it by the proponents.

How much stupid can they be. Most guns used in crime are obtained illegally. It will be useless.
>>
>>30342384
Nevada has a state supremacy clause, which says that only the state can pass and enforce gun laws, not counties or cities. Nevada's Republican governor is pro gun, and recently signed a bill eliminating handgun registration in clark county. Everything is going to be fine.
>>
What stops someone from buying a firing pin in another state with no microstamping?
>>
>>30343616

n o t h i n g
>>
>>30342384
fuck off
>>
>>30342793
Is it still in effect, is the big question. I've got friends and family in Maryland who would be very interested to know they can buy MSRs again.
>>
>>30342495
>>30342546
How well does the public like Hogan? Was O'Malley THAT disliked, Maryland elected a Republican? Is Hogan doing a good job?
>>
>>30344609
>Was O'Malley THAT disliked, Maryland elected a Republican?
Yes. Hogan's entire campaign was pretty much
>Hey see what O'Malley did? I'll undo that.
>>
>>30342390
uhh MD-san, they scrapped the system.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-bullet-casings-20151107-story.html
>>
>>30344671
>that article
>The science behind the system is valid
They do realize that forensic ballistics are the legal equivalent of Voodoo, right?
>>
File: 1392055336098.gif (2 MB, 294x273) Image search: [Google]
1392055336098.gif
2 MB, 294x273
We told you, we fucking told you it would SPREAAAAD!
>>
>>30342529
>Not microstamping a circle
>>
>>30343540
>It will be useless.

It is useless. One company owns the patent for the technology that is supposed to be used in microstamping, and any firearms manufacturer that wants to sell new handguns in places where microstamping is required will have to license it from them.

Any government official who had any hand it passing legislation requiring microstamping should be charged with corruption.
>>
>>30342384
source, nigger
>>
>>30344913
>>30345242

No source because didn't happen
Also state law prevents counties from making gun laws

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-244.html#NRS244Sec364
>>
>>30345415

THIS.
FUCKING THIS.

Back when I was considering moving to Nevada, the stats preemption law was one of the best reasons to move out there. They had already used it to destroy Clark County on a number of bullshit laws they tried passing.
>>
File: 11.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
>>30342384
Do you know that Russian civilian guns made from military models have literally nail in the barrel for marking the bullet? Should give them idea :^)

P.S. For Russians doesn't matter anymore these guns would be banned in 2016.
>>
California's cancer is spreading I see. But as >>30345415 said it doesn't matter much at the moment.
>>
>>30344609
omolly was horrible. so horrible that his leutenat governor lost because he had anything to do with him. Hogan is good we haven't had anything crazy make it though thanks to him, but not much we can do with hoe gerrymandered the state legislature is
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.