[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hear a lot of hate for BF1, with most complaints being that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
I hear a lot of hate for BF1, with most complaints being that the gameplay will be BF4 with a WW1 skin complete with faux assault rifles. How justified is this complaint? What are some arguments in its favor and against it?

I would think it'd mostly be bolt actions with vehicle mounted and maybe some basic shit, but definitely not a proliferation of automatic weapons.
>>
Assault: SMGs
Medic: Semi Auto Rifles
Support: LMGs
Sniper: Bolt Action
>>
To my understanding they're going to use both real and prototype weapons from the war (hence all the semi autos). I think it'll be great for what it is
>>
>>30342266
>>30342273

So, wait, it's the same shit as always? I was hoping they'd make it a much slower type of game where cover is of absolute importance and every shot counts rather than sprinting and rooty-tootin' your way around the Battlefield(TM).
>>
>>30342287
Play on hardcore and it'll be more like that. Keep in mind battlefield is the best we're going to get, and they're paying attention to the masses, not fags like us that sperg over realism. After all they have a black guy on the cover and they didn't do shit in the war
>>
>>30342287
>Thinking anything would ever change ever

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyways, enjoy your extra-brown medal of battleduty.
>>
File: 1455571558876.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1455571558876.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30342309
I always play hardcore because I goddamned hate killcams and shit that give away positions, like minimaps. Using headphones and keeping your head on a swivel serves just fine for situational awareness. I'm glad there's at least a stop-gap for it, but I also hope that there will be hacked BF1 servers or something to that effect that will allow the game to be played AS GOD INTENDED.

>>30342310
Damn it.

Regarding black people, some fought on both sides I thought. I remember something about helping in France and the black units being segregated and support-role generally, not that I fully understand the distinction of "support-role." Supplementary forces I guess? Anyway, there were black people, but they were a small fraction. Is the game going to throw black people everywhere for no reason? I remember seeing a gif of the multiplayer reveal where someone was playing a black guy and stabbing a black guy.
>>
Should have went with a bf2142 sequel
>>
>>30342287
>rather than sprinting and rooty-tootin' your way around the Battlefield(TM).
Actually it is how wwi is fought by attacking side, slow tempo=lose. Zerg rush through fire is how assaults are made, seeking for cover and crawling would make you lose.
>>
>>30342266
Assault: many nades and trench mace.
Soldier: bolt action.
Medic: literally who?
Support: LMG team.
Sniper: literally who?
>>
>>30342266
>medics
>carrying anything to fight

There's a reason they had big red crosses on them.
>>
looking at the gameplay they released it doesn't look too different from say, BF4 (fucking shocker) but it does look interesting and playable, with new mechanics to spice it up.
they're not reinventing the wheel by any means but I'll still be buying it, looks like fun.
and that's what matters. fuck realism and immersion and shit. what matters with any game, and what takes precedence over any other attribute, is fun.
if you think it'll be fun, get it. if you don't, don't. not hard.
>>
>>30342255
It's a video game, not a simulator. I don't care about historical accuracy, I just want it to be fun. From what I've seen everything in the game is a real rifle from the time period. They might not have even been fielded in the war but I think more guns is cool and makes the game a bit more interesting.
>>
>>30342255
I'm honestly glad it's not just bolts and semis. I don't enjoy that for every class.
>>
>>30342648
>>30342746
You should go back to /v/ then.
>>
>>30342468
That might be appropriate later anon but people are getting tired of the hard sci-fi, as Infinite Warfare, Advanced Warfare, and Black Ops 3 have shown.
>>
>>30342770
>back
Nah, that board's cancerous. Are native /k/ommandos not allowed to have opinions?
>>
>>30342344
>Is the game going to throw black people everywhere for no reason?
Yes. They want urban youth to sit around on xbox and feel proud how they was souljas n' shit.
>>
>>30342309
Try Verdun on steam m8, it's way better than BF1 will ever be:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/242860/?l=dutch
>>
>>30342255
I played bf1 at the event. It was mediocre. It's basically a ww1 reskin of bf4.

>SMG=AR
>Semi=DMR
>Bolt=Shit
>Tank and Pilot kits are retarded
>All the guns in a class feel pretty much the same
>>
>>30342813
is the vehicle gameplay any good?
can you give us any more detail than just "x was shit"?
>>
>>30342595
>Sniper: literally who?
Modern sniping was basically invented during the Great War.
>>
>>30342821
>Vehicles are OP
>Planes are fun though
>dogfights are ok but not great
>bomber=most fun plane in the game
>Everyone used AT grenades to counter tanks
>Everybody was playing assault kit for the deployables
>recon is useless
>medic is even less of a teamplayer now
>support is shit
>there is virtually no difference between most guns in a class
>shotty=fun
>Map was poorly designed
>after all the cover was gone it was BC2 style campfest in the ruins
>zeppelin implementation is retarded
>giving the zeppelin to the losing team halfway in makes people want to do worse on purpose
>vehicle vs vehicle battles were boring
>melee weapons are meh
>bayonet charges while fun are pointless
>the lenses that you see mounted on most guns are a necessity
>my bro had to make a video saying how great the game was but he secretly hated it
>wait 6 months for youtubers to start shitting on it
>>
>>30342255
On the gameplay videos there were NO bolt action weapons without optics.

Now the obvious thing is that the limitations of bolt action rifles dictated the way trench raiding worked so prepare for having tons of melee weapons that are ultimately useless because everybody has SMG's, LMG's and semi-auto rifles.
>>
>>30342309

Ironically enough the French used thousands of black colonial troops in Europe and they aren't even in the game lol.
>>
>>30342255
2 out of 4 classes have automatic weapons.
Medics have semi-autos.
Only one with bolt action is sniper.

If you want to see how it plays now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iJVTHMZ6EY
>>
>>30342255
Did you get lost on the way to /v/?
>>
>Assault
Rifle or shotgun + many grenades +melee weapons, maybe let them unlock an SMG at higher levels

>Support
LMG

>medic
Rifle + medic stuff, maybe have semi-autos available at higher levels

>sniper
Scoped rifle

Including experimental weapons doesn't actually trigger me, but having them be literally everywhere does. They should at least make you start out with a shitty bolt action so that you're not basically playing a WW2 game.
>>
>>30342952
Generally when it comes to that minority tipping stuff you can see what is the target audience of this game.

WW1 saw enormous amount of minorities with far more interesting story to tell than fucking Basketball Americans. You have tons of interesting colonial troops to pick from some of which - like Gurkhas - have reputation so badass that even /pol/ wouldn't complain about them. Then you can do something tragic like Siege of Van(with some underlying background) this time with Armenians, you have Arab uprising, North African French troops like Sipahis...

But nah, when they were picking token minority they've decided that Jamal from Brooklyn was their best choice. Great.
>>
>>30343020

Tbh if they wanted black people they should have had maps set in Africa. There was plenty of fighting there.
>>
>>30342595
Nigga every major country had a sniping group. Do you even watch Ian?
>>
>>30343020
isn't this happening like literally always when those people go for "inclusivity"
>>
File: CEI-RIGOTTI.jpg (29 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
CEI-RIGOTTI.jpg
29 KB, 900x300
>>30342255
I usally do not want to shill my shit
but I have made a video about exact that shit today

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhyzzajrSYo
>>
>>30342770
>every game on earth has to be /k/tier autism

Verdun exists for a reason you fucking retard.
>>
File: comingsoon.png (129 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
comingsoon.png
129 KB, 448x336
>>30343198
>actually shilling
>ever
>>
>>30343049

Tbh inclusivity when it actually existed is a good idea rather than just whitewashing everything. There were plenty of non-white soldiers in WW1 like>>30343020 said. They could include black colonial troops, Gurkhas, Arabs/Bedouins, native Americans if Canada or USA were in it. Just be realistic about it, have them sprinkled throughout the white people that made up the majority of soldiers in Europe.
>>
>>30342344
the way I see it is, there will be lots of lovely obscure weapons to choose from, but if you pick anything other than a bolt action with iron sights and a bayonet you are a weak, timid, untrustworthy homosexual.
>>
>>30342344
>a black guy stabbing a black guy
Yet OP still calls it unrealistic
>>
>>30343227
>Tbh inclusivity when it actually existed is a good idea rather than just whitewashing everything
not disagreement with that, all I meant that gaming industry goos for diversity/inclusivity not because they are ideologically motivated (minus Ubisoft), but because they hope to get few "good boy" points from Cucktaku and other "gaming outlets".

Funny thing is that since they accualy don't care we end up with shit, like all female characters in last few year looking like jennifer lawrence in hunger games and black vikings.
>>
I'm a little disappointed, but certainly not surprised. I think the graphics and atmosphere look fantastic for WWI, and all I hope for is a more realistic game mode, or at least the option to make custom server rules so we can have more realistic servers.
>>
>France is dlc
>>
File: [DEEP CONFUSION].gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
[DEEP CONFUSION].gif
1 MB, 320x213
>France is DLC
>Russia isnt in the game
>Sub Machine guns everywhere
>Semi-Autos not being super high level unlocks
>Negro troops everywhere
>there wont be a DLC with US vs Mexico maps
>>
>>30342309
>battlefield is the best we're going to get
>>>/v/
>>
>>30342907
>>my bro had to make a video saying how great the game was but he secretly hated it
Wait they seriously tell people to do good reviews? Holy hell, this game sucks dick so much that without 10000 sponsored videos it won't be popular? I know that anybody from bf community is already jizzing themselvs saying how cool is this and all but i didn't know it was that bad.
>>
>>30342309
>0.03$ has been deposited in your bank account.
>>
>>30342797

/thread
>>
>>30343198
>Literally just reads out what you could get from a shittaku article
>muh conclusion ten seconds before the video ends

delete the video and end yourself m8
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.