[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ammo, and what kind is best for what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Anons, it's come to my attention as a result of purchasing a Luger, that certain types of 9mm don't meet NATO spec, and therefore will not cycle some firearms (mainly Lugers)

Winchester's shit as usual, Monarch obviously doesn't cycle it, and so far the only thing I've gotten to work reliably is browning FMJ steel cased.

So.
To everyone with Lugers, what kind of ammo do you feed yours?
Mine's using browning until I did something either cheaper or better.

Also, any ammo discussions we might have can go here as well.
>>
>>30336594
Buy winchester 124gr NATO 9mm. Problem solved.

Or pretty much anything thats 124gr and made in yurop
>>
>what kind of ammo do you feed yours?
Brown Bear.
>>
>>30336626
That was what I got...Winchester white box she marked 9mm NATO (not Luger or Parabellum)
>>30336635
Sounds about right.
No problems with feeding normally?
Any problems with cycling?
>>
>>30336626
Beretta 92fs here, want to start shooting 124gr for scientific feels. Any noticeable difference in recoil with the NATO stuff? Last range trip shot some new production Tula (silver tip) significant difference in recoil, need to see if additional gain in FPS.
>>
>>30336654
then you got a problem somewhere.

Did you lube it? make sure you grease the shit outta the rails. What failures did you have? My guess is it failed to load, right? If so, you need a new mainspring.

>>30336673
from what I hear, there isnt much difference. Its supposed to be a bit more 'violent' slide action, but idk.
>>
>>30336707
No.
It failed to strip a round off the magazine until the last five rounds when it cycled perfectly.
That's the first problem.
It then kept not ejecting because it didn't have enough recoil to open the toggle.
>>
>>30336753
sounds like you need to buy a new mainspring and grease the shit outta all the parts that slide.
>>
>>30336594
I have a friend who only puts federal HSTs through his.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>30336780
How would a mainspring fix not having enough recoil?
The problem's that the ammo's not been strong enough to work the action.
The browning ammo uses a heavier round going about the same velocity to achieve more recoil this working the action flawlessly.
The lighter Winchester ammo didn't do that.
It's not busted, and I'm not asking what's wrong.
It is properly liubed and the fact that ammo with more recoil fixes the problem proves that the mainspring is NOT the problem.
I'm asking if there's anything cheaper that chores the same effect (heavy round loaded quite hot thus more recoil)
>>30336802
Federal a have worked quite well.
Sadly I've only put a Dutch load of Tulammo Monarch and Federal through it as it's inaugural magazine, and haven't fired any since.
>>
File: IMG_0224r.jpg (604 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0224r.jpg
604 KB, 3000x2000
>>30336594
I shoot whatever cheap stuff I have around. I do not reserve anything special for my Lugers. Standard pressure 124gr is what they were designed for but they work fine with 115gr as well.

90% of issues with Lugers stem from the magazine. Weak magazine springs and damaged feed lips being the most common.

The next most common issue is a weak mainspring.

Springs are cheap from Wolff. Get the stronger mag springs and a standard strength mainspring. Don't try to make the gun work with hotter ammo, you'll just crack your rear axle pin.
>>
>>30337678
Crap.
Well, I'll do that then.
I'm gonna go check my magazine for problems.

But wouldn't a standard or stronger main spring be the solution and not the problem?
>>
>>30336594
>my luger is a soviet refurb piece of shit crafted from the corpses of teutonic engineering that fails to feed due to tolerance stacking of parts from 20 different guns.
ftfy
>>
>>30337678
Would it be fucked feed lips on a magazine if the gun wont chamber a round on a magazine when releasing the toggle from the lock open position?

On the original mag the toggle wont drop, but on the mec gars it will.
>>
>>30337834
Two guns.
And there are no Soviet marks on it.
It's got a 42 marked slide/barrel, and the toggle and trigger plate and frame are all matching DWM made N crown police gun parts.
Matching as in they have the same serial.
>>
>>30337793
The concern is more that you don't know the spring rate of what's installed in your gun, especially one with mismatched parts.

>>30337842
Could be feed lips, could be a damaged mag catch slot as well.
>>
>>30338042
Only two different serials are present, and the barrel is the only part that doesn't match.
The toggle and spring should be fine.
>>
>>30336594
I have found blazer brass is a good brand
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 650x541) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 650x541
>>30338219
Thanks anon.
Have a cartridge count Luger.
>>
>>30336594
Hirtenberger L7A1
>>
>>30336594
I have found blazer brass is a good brand
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.