[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how hard would it be to punch someone to death? i figured this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
how hard would it be to punch someone to death? i figured this was /k/ based if fists are considered weapons...are they?
>>
>>30336489

The key is repetition. It will take forever, and it will fuck up your hands, but it can and has been done many, many times.

If you're going for body shots, try smashing in the kidneys.

If you're not dead-set on hands, heavy boots have a long recorded history of fucking people up.
>>
>>30336489
Not very, the human body is capable of inflicting and resisting tremendous damage but a blow to the head is still a blow to the head.
>>
>>30336489
one punch if it's at around 42MW of power
>>
File: Tony.png (878 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Tony.png
878 KB, 3000x3000
>>30336489
It's more about what they hit their head on when they fall down. One punch manslaughter happens more than you'd think.
>>
>boxers have died in the ring
>houdini died from a punch
the second example might be a bit of a stretch but still germane
>>
>>30336489
Knock them out and let their head hit something hard as they fall.

TBI due to repeated shots to the head.

Internal bleeding due to ruptured soft organs after shots to belly.

Fractured hyoid, leading to throat swelling shut.

Compound break of ribs and rib flail with lung penetration.

These are the principle causes of fist fight deaths, besides
> knock him out, do something different while he's unconscious
>>
>>30336489
tl;dr: Depends.

Long answer:
Is the cause of death supposed to be blunt force trauma? Because the human body can withstand absurd amounts of blunt force trauma and remain alive and somewhat functional (ever watch boxing/MMA/car crashes/etc?). Even then, it will depend on the person; striking a muscular adult will be different than a toddler or a frail, 90 year old pensioner.

If it isn't blunt force trauma, then the possibilities are greater. A punch to the throat can cause swelling and lead to asphyxiation. A punch to the neck can cause a brain killing stroke under the right circumstances. A punch that sends somebody tumbling backwards into a hazard (off a ledge, down stairs, into traffic, etc.) could technically count as punched to death.
>>
>>30336489
One hit to knock him out
Two hands to bash his skull into the ground
>>
>>30336489
>how hard would it be to punch someone to death?

Anon you really don't understand how fragile humans are do you? All it takes is one punch, one trip, one fall, one stumble, or one slip to put you in a wheelchair the rest of your life.
>>
File: yCJUD.png (108 KB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
yCJUD.png
108 KB, 300x247
It's all in the training.
>>
>>30336665
I'm assuming OP is talking about your punches directly killing him.
>>
>>30336489
>>30336665
>>30336589

I know of a man who killed someone with a hard backhand. Guy had pre-existing brain issues and apparently a knuckle-fucking to the temple wasn't good for those.
>>
>>30336670

>some people think that's a lot of training
>>
File: 1459454972986.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1459454972986.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>>30336693
i had a girl like that in my class when i was 16. she was fuck ugly and had a fucked up eye. she told everyone that she could die if someone slapped her on the back of the head.

> mfw when a ball i kicked for the lulz bounced off the wall and flew inches over her head
>>
>>30336489
About 80 pounds to the throat is sufficient to start massive swelling that should close off the airway. Not immediate death but pain from it would be debilitating until swelling starts.
>>
>>30336711

when you take no rest days, yeah it is because it is fucking up your body and your muscles have no time to recover.
>>
>>30336834

Bro, I do way more than that and daily. I might rest once every 1.5 weeks.
>>
>>30336777
>instructions to send somebody to heaven
>trip sevens
>>
a possible situation could be someone standing in front of a wall, you throw a straight punch at his head, like a fist head wall sandwich.
>>
hell, there's been a case where someone's heart got stopped from a very unluckily timed punch to the chest.
>>
File: 1464386500326.gif (15 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
1464386500326.gif
15 KB, 266x400
>>30337659
It no work like memes.
>>
>>30336489
People have died from a single punch to the head. It all depends.
>>
File: image021.jpg (7 KB, 302x227) Image search: [Google]
image021.jpg
7 KB, 302x227
Break this sum bitch right here.
>>
Boxers die in the ring every so often. Benny Paret, Duk Koo Kim, I saw a long story recently about a Lebanese kid from Michigan who got killed in his first pro fight. Emile Griffiths and Ray Mancini were hellacious fighters, of course, but so were the guys they killed. So it'd take some work.

Presumably hereditary vulnerabilities, pre-existing damage, and dehydration from weigh-in and fighting are involved too. But it does happen.

>>30337698
Several cases. Also hockey pucks, I believe, if you get hit in the correct few thousandths of a second. Something to do with interrupting the heart's rhythm.

>>30337123
This nigga gets it. It takes a little while to adapt, of course, but that's a fairly trivial weekly work load.
>>
>>30336489
There was a spree killer in the 70s I think who punched several women to death.
>>
>>30336489
You don't punch them to death, you punch them to unconsciousness and then choke them to death.
>>
>>30336711
I know.

It's nuts that there are people that don't understand that this is supposed to be a joke.
>>
>>30338682
Genos points this out in the show, that it's only a moderate training regimen.
>>
Rabbit punch. Repeat until succesdful.
>>
>>30336489
Depends on how powerful a punch it is, and where it lands. For example, I am 6'4" and I am confident I can punch hard enough to cause a tracheal crush injury, which are usually lethal. That said, most people don't leave their neck unguarded.
>>
Usually, the reason people die in streetfights is because they hit the concrete with their head once they go KO, not because of the initial hit.
>>
>>30340298
> I am 6'4" and I am confident I can punch hard
Common statement by people with little/no hand skills who think they hit hard because they are large.
Always a hoot watching a big guy take on the heavy bag for the first time
>>
>>30336834
bodyweight and weightlifting routines are different ballgames
>>
>>30337615
>>30336777
Witnessed.
>>
>>30340360
neither of them are actually ballgames though

>except possibly weightlifting if you know what I mean

>no homo
>>
>>30336489
It's all about shot placement

Teachers at my high school told me that a kid tied from getting punched in the chest and his ribcage collapsed his lung, he died in the ambulance or someshit, ir instantly? I dont remember the specifics but 3 different teachers told me this story including the principal.

Back on topic, if you hit someone in the weakspots of the head enough you can kill them (temples, back of the head where the brain stem is at, jaw, nose) but it'll be pretty hard to land very solid hits, and well your hands will get rekt.
>>
File: punisher-war-zonegif-e215f0.gif (1 MB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
punisher-war-zonegif-e215f0.gif
1 MB, 260x173
>>30337659
>>
>>30336489
EMT here. Really not that hard, depending where you hit them. Our bodies are really vulnerable to trauma, penetrating or blunt force.
>>
>>30340594
if only humans were built like bears.
Can you imagine the caliber wars then?
>9mm vs .45? LOL, .44 magnium and above or bust.
>>
That's image is an awfully good way to break your hand...
>>
File: smug.jpg (18 KB, 422x356) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
18 KB, 422x356
>>30340346
I said that I'm confident I could cause a tracheal crush injury. I KNOW I can hit hard.
Stay jealous manlet.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.