[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
why is the right "ear" in the smle offset? I assumed it was for wind age adjustment, but why only on one side?
>>
>>30326630
The Mk III had windage adjustment there, the protective ears remained the same.
>>
>>30326630
>>30326755
The protector is for protecting the rear sight.
The reason the left is not bent like the right is so it won't interfere with the volley sights on the MkIII.
>>
>>30326755
This. The knob was removed on teh simplified "III*" wartime model.
>>
File: teapot.jpg (57 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
teapot.jpg
57 KB, 400x600
That awkward moment when you stop trying to figure out what kind of gun this is...
>>
>>30327010
Shit. That got me too. We might be broken anon...
>>
>>30327010
What exactly is the context?
>>
>>30327433
Appears to be looking through a traditional asian building from the open front-porch to the round back door, during a snowstorm.
>>
>>30326630
would a1 handguards fit on an a2 style ar15? How fucked up would it look if they did?
>>
File: th.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
Would a k98 repro from IMA or Atlanta cutlery fit on a Gew98?
>>
>>30327433
its a tea kettle on top of a stove top during a snow storm
>>
I'm in the market for a complete, if cheap enough, or stripped lower.

Anyone seen a good deal lately? Not interested in buying from the biggest sellers (avoid the scare), so I'm not expecting many options as it is.
>>
>>30327952
end cap is different

A1 has triangel cap, A2 has round

I believe they make triangle capped A2 handguards though
Or maybe vice versa
>>
>>30328590
You just missed out on a $150 complete lower

Just get an Anderson and build it up
>>
File: opsec of course.jpg (1 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
opsec of course.jpg
1 MB, 3008x2000
>>30328550
You could always get an M48 bayonet
>>
>>30326630
Will a suppressor made for .308 work as well for smaller calibers (5.56 specifically) as suppressors designed for those smaller rounds?

I ask because I'm thinking of getting a suppressor for my AR, but want to be able to move it between a 5.56 as well as a .308.
>>
>>30329084
>Will a suppressor made for .308 work as well for smaller calibers (5.56 specifically) as suppressors designed for those smaller rounds?

no
Larger hole in the end

Depending on the company, it will tell you it's decibel rating for each caliber
I know SilencerCo does
>>
>>30329084
this guy again>>30329197

It's really not a big difference
It's only a few decibels so buying multiples would only be if you're a serious richfag
>>
Should I get a glock 17 or 34, keep in mind its my only large calibre pistol, will be for range shooting and home defence, and the 34 is slightly cheaper and comes with nice aftermarket sights already. Both are new gen4's, is there any disadvantages to the 34, because i've never shot one but I'm strongly considering it especially at the price it's now.

>inb4 dont get a glock, i like glocks
>>
I guess I'll just ask this here, since /meg/ is dead af.

>What's the difference between Army NG and regular Army?
>What about the difference between the Green Berets from both sides? Different mission objectives?
>Do Army NG SF get deployed?
>Why would anyone go NG over regular US Army?
>>
>>30329223
the disadvantage being it's fucking huge
>>
>>30329230
>>What's the difference between Army NG and regular Army?

Ones national guard and the other is the Army

>>What about the difference between the Green Berets from both sides?

There is only one set of Green Berets and they are Army

>>Do Army NG SF get deployed?

No such thing

>>Why would anyone go NG over regular US Army?

Because they want to be a weekend warrior without a high chance of being deployed and want free Dennies
>>
>>30329251
Denny's
>>
before they ran out, how much were Service grade Garands going for at CMP?
And will it really be 6 something months till they get the next batch up for orders?
>>
>>30329266
People aren't expecting new ones senpai
>>
>>30329251
Is the National Guard the same thing as Army Reserve?
>>
>>30329294
No

Reserve meets even less than Nasty girls
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (179 KB, 2304x1536) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
179 KB, 2304x1536
>>30329242
I don't think the size is a problem, the gun will be for target shooting at the range and carrying when hiking, I think for my purposes the longer barrel will be beneficial. The 19 feels too small for me, I'd go for a 17 but since I can get a 34 for cheaper and they are usually more expensive than the 17 here, I think it's a good deal. I can get a 41 for even less, but I don't want to switch to 45acp, i already have a lot invested in 9mm and would rather stay with it.
>>
>>30329341
>I think for my purposes the longer barrel will be beneficial.

Only advantage is sight radius
The barrel length increase is irrelevant
>>
>>30329344
Yes that's what I meant by barrel I don't think that extra inch of length will cause a significant increase in velocity, maybe compared to a 19 but I don't know.

The 17 sells for ZAR 11500, while I can get the 34 for ZAR 11000 with the ZAR 1000 sights installed. The normal price for a stock 34 is ZAR 14000, so I'm getting the pistol for ZAR 10000, which is a pretty good deal, thank you for the replies.
>>
Does anyone reload for their m1 garand and have the garandgear gas plug? Im trying to find good loads for it
>>
>>30329251
The 19th and 20th Group Special Forces are National Guard. Those would be ARNG Green Berets who exist.
>>
>>30329230
NG goes through the same basic and AIT as active duty, they just don't train day to day as much. The time in grade for promotions or time towards contract is much slower. Generally they get less budget and priority for newer gear and expensive training than active units.

National Guard SF groups go through the same pipeline and standards. You'd have to ask a recruiter about slots for details, as I'm sure they are very limited.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.