[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bulky bulk orders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
How do I go about ordering a pallet (or more) of ammunition with a group of friends? What are the rules for this shit and where do I buy it? Do we need to form some sort of trust or legal entity? How many ATF/DHS agents are going to show up to shoot my dog? I live in Pennsylvania, if that matters.

Also, bulk purchase thread. How big do you buy? Most I've ever got at once was two cans of 7.62 Nagant and two Nagant revolvers. I don't usually buy more than 1000 or 2000 rounds of anything at a time, but I've had a lot more range time lately than I used to get.
>>
7N6 crates, I bought a can last time, just got a crate, looking at another pair of crates packaged with an AK next
>>
>>30326551
>pair of crates packaged with an AK
Is that a deal someone has going on right now?
>>
Call up sgammo maybe they'll cut you a deal?
>>
>>30326534
No problem legally but you will need to coordinate the shipping since a pallet of ammo will require heavy freight and not just regular ups or fedex.
>>
>>30326989
>a pallet of ammo will require heavy freight
What exactly does that mean? I need to hire some special snowflake service or pick it up myself? I've never had anything over 60lbs shipped to me.

>>30326962
I'll call 'em up Monday. I took a week of PTO for a family thing, so I'll have some down time to make some calls.
>>
>>30327325
Sgammo could probably arrange shipment. There are all sorts of small shipping companies that could handle logistics. May have to drive to a warehouse and break the pallet down at the warehouse, unsure how that would all work.
>>
>>30327325

It means it will be delivered by a semi truck, freight will probably be $500-$600.
>>
Buy the pallet you'd usually have to order from a distributor as a dealer. Some places will sell you drums or pallets of ammo (like freedom), but you save very little (with freedom at least) and you'd have to pay for freight, of which you'd either have to have delivered at a business with a loading dock and/or a forklift or have it delivered at a freight terminal, as some freight won't do last mile to residential.

There have been group buy which dudes have it delivered to the terminal, and bring a huge convoy to collect the stuff. A uhaul would work too, as you can ask the terminal to load it in and you can break it down on the uhual truck for unloading.
>>
Why isn't there a website for ammo groupbuys?
>>
>>30328017
Because you haven't made it yet, Anon.
>>
>>30326534
I've had a freight delivery before; crate of 20 nuggets. 400lbs including the shippign skid, and it was sent about 2,000 miles.

The cost was about $400 - got dropped off by some random ass box-truck for some random ass freight company - the company I bought from arranged shipment, I just had to pay. Prolly the same for abnormally large amount s of ammo, just more expensive.

A pallet of ammo will require a pallet jack or a forklift to even think about moving, whereas the crate of mosins can be moved by 2 reasonably strong people.
>>
What caliber? If 7.62x39 or 5.45 maybe we could get a group buy going, The minimum order to order directly from Barnaul or Vympel in Russia is 4 pallets.

we could get it for roughly $140-$180 a case.
>>
>>30328017
not enough people interested is my guess.
not a lot of guys want 20k+ rounds in one purchase. shipping logistics and general group buy shenanigans also comes into play.
>>
>>30328238
The group I have going for this IRL wants these so far (not listing rounds with only one request):
4 want 7.62x39mm
6 want .223/5.56
4 want 9mm Luger
2 want .308
2 fell for the .40 meme

Personally, I stock:
7.62x39mm
.223/5.56
9mm Luger
.22lr
12ga suitable for clays, pheasants, and turkeys
.45 Long Colt
7.62 Nagant

Though, a pallet of .45 Long Colt or 7.62 Nagant would be fucking absurd. I already have two spam cans of 7.62 Nagant and I realistically won't need more than one more in my lifetime, with how slow those things are to reload.
>>
File: 1453242756784.jpg (15 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
1453242756784.jpg
15 KB, 604x438
>>30328249
>not a lot of guys can afford 20k+ rounds in one purchase

ft4u
>>
>>30328409
>20k+ rounds in one purchase
>that's a big shipment
>4u
>>
>>30326534
>>30328238
>pallets
How much actually fits on a pallet?
>>
File: mfw.png (826 KB, 584x623) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
826 KB, 584x623
>>30328238
>mfw /k/ inadvertently becomes arms dealers
>>
>>30328473
I'm working hard jobs to save up enough seed capital to become an importer. It'll be my retirement job.
>>
>>30328501
Lets get some DSP-83's, contact some embassies, and gets started.
>>
>>30328661
I have less than five figures to put towards it, the oil crash hit me hard.
>>
day/k/are bump
>>
>>30328383
What are the laws regrading this? If one buy and redistribute will it be considered dealing? Is straw purchase just for guns?
>>
>>30330774
There's no background check for ammo, you just have to be of age. The guys at the shotgun club I used to work for would order pallets of shells regularly, but that was back in 2008.

But, yeah, I'm not sure. I'll figure it out before taking money from my friends who're interested.
>>
>>30327422
LTL is like a hundred bucks if you've got a dock or forklift.
>>
>>30330952
Ltl is "Less than Truckload" and that was a pallet price.
>>
>>30326534
>How many ATF/DHS agents are going to show up to shoot my dog?
I heard that buying 7+ long guns at once will earn you a visit. I don't think theyll flat out break your door down and raid you, but at least one will show up to ask you some questions
>>
>>30328470
A pallet of 5.56 is 85,000 rounds.
>>
>>30330774
>>30330887
Selling as a business requires that you have an FFL. If it's just you and some guys splitting the bill, the only issue is transporting it, as bulk ammunition like that is a HAZMAT cargo.
>>
>>30330984
They haven't shown up and I bought 13 long guns in two days three weeks ago. It's multiple pistol purchases within a 5 day period that get reported to the atf
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.