[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last 3 bullets sound different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: CSGO.jpg (43 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
CSGO.jpg
43 KB, 620x349
I play this game called CSGO, and they added this update where when you fire a gun, and you're down to the last two or three bullets, a different sound comes. Like if the magazine was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6SPeDt9dhM

Does this happen in any gun in real life?
>>
>>30318318
>Does this happen in any gun in real life?
What's it like being 12 years old?
>>
>>30318318
nope

but magazines loaded with tracers towards the end/halfway are a thing
>>
>>30318318
only the last bullet sounds different
but not as much on every type of gun

this is due to the bolt either getting caught by bolt hold open or due to the bolt hitting an empty chamber
>>
>>30318318
I remember hearing a story about a real gun that had this idiosyncrasy, and the point of the story was that grunts were specifically trained to switch mags before this was happening because it was giving the enemy a cue when they're about to have a window of opportunity.

In other words, bad idea.

Forgot which gun, though.
>>
>>30318557
This is basically how I felt about the idea on CS, but I guess nobody else hears it, only you.

I still think it was a useless/retarded feature though.
>>
>>30318557
M1 G.?
>>
>>30318606
Probably, i also heard gi,s would do it intentionaly to get the enemy to rise from cover and take em out. But that was from the history channel who knows
>>
>>30318620
fuddlore
>>
>>30318640
So wait are you saying the M1 doesn't make a loud ass ping noise when it reloads or are you saying that no one used the sound to fake a reload?
>>
>>30318656
Myth was disproven, somebody threw one on the ground while shooting another gun to simulate a battle, couldn't hear the ping
>>
>>30318663
Shieeettt, not arguing with it or anything just curious, got a link?
>>
>>30318329
This desu. They should've done that instead.
>>
They can sound different if you load different rounds in the magazine. I was shooting 556 in my grandpappies yard, shooting mostly 55 grain, but a threw in a few green tip in there just because. Evidently he could tell the difference between the two. I believe the green tip weren't as loud. But that's from a distance, firing the weapon up close with ear pro didn't have any noticeable difference, at least from my point of view.
>>
>>30318557
I doubt you'll hear that in chaotic infantry warfare.
Even if you're caught with you pants down, your fellow soldier aren't there for show.
>>
>>30318318
Did they steal this idea from Far Cry 3 ?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.