[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women's Self Defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 35
File: kkk.png (222 KB, 495x733) Image search: [Google]
kkk.png
222 KB, 495x733
Is this guy right? Should women avoid trying a choke and just carry gun/knife? why pushups? what do you guys suggest for women's self defense?

or is my friend just an asshole
>>
>>30318079
>Hand to hand self defense
>When you can carry a gun
>>
>>30318079
>Is this guy right?
Kinda. If a guy is stupid enough to try grappling / choking in a serious fight he's opening himself up to getting stabbed or having the attackers friends kick the shit out of him, let alone being outfought on the ground

A girl is going to get raped and murdered. In either order.
>>
>>30318079
I don't know why you would deliberately engage in hand to hand combat except as a last resort. Women especially should be CCing if they fear getting attacked.
>>
>>30318079
>what do you guys suggest for women's self defense?

A gun.
>>
>>30318079

>50 push ups
>for a woman

So what he's saying is: 99.9+% of women shouldn't carry a gun?
>>
>>30318079
Trying to choke someone out is all good and well until they do it to someone with the common sense to tear their ears off.

Maybe try a gun.
>>
>>30318118
>>30318127
>>30318128
>>30318133

okay. this is looking pretty clear to me then. I guess I should do that. thank you guys :)
>>
Thats about true. A knife to the neck or bullet to the abdomen will have a much more pronounced effect on a would be rapist than a weak grapple that he shrugs aside and rapes her even harder. Women that have upper body strength could try for a choke but most women don't have that. A good litmus would be arm wrestling. If you cant win an arm wrestle against a man, you cant realistically expect to be able to choke him without your arms being plucked off his neck.
>>
>>30318079
My gf tried this shit on me and I laughed and laughed I told her that in this situation aim for the eyes " but what if he closes his eyes?" Nothing you stick your fucking thumbs in there until your feel socket and then kick him in the dick
>>
That shit works better when you actually are fit and constanly practice martial arts

Besides
>not learning boxing/kbox/muay thai

It's like you faggets can't even do anything without a gun
>>
>>30318154
She'll get tortured at that point. The best defend she has is a gun and knife.
>>
>>30318154
The amount of bitches that think some special ass martial arts can save their life is fucking stupid

Women are utterly fucking retarded about this shit. I can't tell you how many times I've brought up getting a fucking gun for self defense instead of those fucking cat keychains and they all give me shit about being a murderer
>>
>implying women even need to worry about self defense
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
>pg 9
>men are nearly 4x more likely to be murdered than women

There's a reason why men are more interested in self defense and violence than women. The world is out to get men.
>>
>>30318160
There's idiots out there who think that grappling is ineffective in a street fight but when some big nigger clinched with you and ends up on top raining down punches on your head you'll end up having wished that you could do a sweep
>>
>>30318079
Most women simply do not have the lean body mass or strength required to engage and hold a choke hold on a man that is of average weight or higher (70KG-100KG). They will get smashed, as the attacker could literally just pick them up and slam them into the ground with a spear dive until they are unconscious, or simply just pick them up and slam them on their back.

OR, the guy won't let them get the grapple off in the first place. I used to have play fights with my ex. She was only about 10kg lighter than I was. She was SOL once I got semi serious and didn't just let her do what she wanted. She'd try to tickle me (hate that shit), so I'd grab her wrists and just keep her there (and then I'd lick her nose. It was adorable).

Simply put, a woman is better off doing these three things: Not getting into a situation that requires force, carrying a gun in case as anything can happen, and training with said gun.

Situational awareness is THE LITERAL BEST thing you can teach yourself. Always looks around you at night. The term "head on a swivel" is literally what you you are looking for. Nobody wants to rob the person looking around (don't act nervous, just act normal, walk with confident steps to where you need to go) and looking like they can take care of themselves.

You should be able to shoot or at least draw on somebody from >30 feet away. Stats have shown that the presence of a gun, whilst also likely to escalate, will defuse most would be mugging situations. If they're more than 30 feet away, they'll have a hard time getting to you before taking a dirt nap.
>>
File: beverly-hills-ninja.jpg (102 KB, 1440x750) Image search: [Google]
beverly-hills-ninja.jpg
102 KB, 1440x750
>>30318137
>with the common sense to tear their ears off
is that before or after you palm strike them in the face to shoot their nose bone up into their brain?
>>
>>30318079
He's right about a woman needing a gun, because most men can easily overpower most women. So easily it isn't funny.

However he knows jackshit about fitness, because 50 pushups for a woman is like 250 pushups for a man.
>>
File: 1463688124173.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1463688124173.png
74 KB, 412x351
>>30318171
You have to take into account the fact that most assailants are also men. Men are far more likely to be the perpetrators and victims of violent crime. It is a sad side effect of being the more aggressive and physically powerful sex.
>>
>>30318168

Girls know they're weaker but don't like to admit it outright. They like to think there's some special martial art that's going to make the strength gap irrelevant. Television feeds into that perception. Which is sad too because a lot of girls don't realize that those false perspectives put them in a lot more danger than they would be in otherwise.
>>
>>30318139
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>30318177
You're assuming that the average guy who attacks a woman has the savagery and bravery to maul the fuck out of a woman. The reality is far different.
>live in Vancouver BC, Canada
>read the news
>some guy asked a woman out and got rejected
>angered, he literally picked her up and ran towards a random direction
>the woman screamed
>he got really scared, gently dropped her down, ran like hell
>cops still looking for him

There is really no need to use lethal force in most confrontations. Keep in mind that a lot of Greater Vancouver gangster guys concealed carry a handgun so it's not like guns aren't common here. Hell I got 3 (legal) guns in my apartment right here.
>>
>>30318191
God I hope you're kidding
>>
>>30318199
you make it sound like it's a bad thing
>>
>>30318199
It's not just girls that fall for that shit, plenty of fedoras and sometimes otherwise smart nerds don't realize that a huge guy with minimal fighting skills can destroy a smaller martial arts master
>>
>>30318214
I hope you're kidding sexist asshole. I also hope an attacker murders you before November, because you're probably voting for your bigot-in-law Drumpf.
>>
File: rapecondom.jpg (19 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
rapecondom.jpg
19 KB, 450x299
I always liked the Rapex condom. Requires surgery to remove.
>>
>>30318079
It's more complicated. The problem is:
-In many places you can't carry a gun. And many women (and men) aren't train/drill enough to correctly respond to a stress/unexpected situation and could even give a free gun to the aggressor or even worth. Wound themselves.
-In some places there is knife restrictions. The same problem apply to guns and knifes.
-Pepper spray (even the most powerful) depending of the aggressor aren't always immediately effective or effective at all (especially if the aggressor is on drugs, etc) and it can even turn him more violent.

For me you should only carry weapon (if it's legal) if you are train to manipulate them. For one simple reason: your on safety.
And yes selfdefense and martial arts are very useful and vital to survive to many dangerous situation. The problem is that a woman can't correctly learn to fight with her fists. The problem is that many teacher and selfdefense/combat school are shit and full unable charlatan.
Of course a woman with martial arts training fighting a man with martial art training are certainly gonna loose. But most of people don't know how to fight. Bitches could learn reflexes that could really save them.
One last point (and the most important I think) that apply to women like men is physical condition. Too many fools, especially in selfdefense, think that they only can learn technics in their Dojo, etc without training their strength and their cardio, without workout, running, etc..
>>30318118
Say that to European women.
>>
>>30318079
Be fit AND carry a gun.

Given equal levels of online martial arts courses, a man will pretty much always outmuscle a woman in hand to hand combat.
>>
>>30318232
>being so afraid of getting raped that you shove a plastic dick inside of yourself every day so that if you do get raped, your rapist will fly into a blind rage

just

just get a gun, fuck
>>
generally speaking in fights avoid them and avoid going to the ground
>>
>>30318127
And yes grappling in streetfight is really stupid. You should NEVER go to the ground in the street and run away as soon as possible if there is many aggressor.
>>
>>30318232
ah yes, the turning-rape-into-a-murder gadget
>>
>>30318232
>Normal rape
>Medium risk of STD's
>Medium risk of murder

>Rapex brand rape
>Guaranteed risk of STD's (Blood getting everywhere)
>Guaranteed risk of murder

Just carry a gun and don't get raped at all desu.
>>
>>30318232
Although this doesn't seem practical for a few reasons, the idea is amazing.
>>
This reminds me of that Brazilian liveleak video of a UFC fighter that picked a fight with some skinny guys at a gas station because one of the guys hit on the fighter's girlfriend. He went outside thinking he could muay thai/BJJ the fuck out of these skinny guys. The 3 skinny guys pulled out baseball bats, knocked the fuck out of the UFC fighter, kicked him in the face a few times, and ran away.

>implying fitness and fighting ability matters at all when you are attacked by people

Just fucking run away.
>>
>>30318226

It's not just girls but girls are more likely to buy into it. Mostly because guys are more likely going to have their ass kicked at one point in time and realize that shit don't work. Fedoras are usually scrawny kids that got picked on but never much bothered to fight back.
>>
>>30318232
Deadliest condom ever. It takes a team of surgeons to seal the wound, victim bleeds out in mins this is one evil condom
>>
>>30318079
>Be in martial arts class because need extra units
>Mostly full of beta males, small females, and other people who are also just taking it for units
>Paired into groups to practice breaking free of holds
>Paired up with small asian girl
>Idea is to break free of someone grabbing your wrist
>Decide to see what would happen if I actually tried holding on
>Move fails completely.
>Girl is shocked, tries different move
>Technique simply doesn't matter, she is not strong enough to remove my hand
>That moment of despair when she realizes she's going to have to ask me to let go

Moral of the story: There is a point at which a sufficiently larger opponent pretty much gets to do whatever they want, regardless of your technique.

If you're not reasonably sure you're always going to be the bigger fish, you should have a weapon to compensate.
>>
>>30318214
dead serious mate. I have 46 confirmed eyepoke casualties that have taken down bouncers and mall cops.

I've torn off so many ears by now that I wear them on a necklace.
>>
>>30318275
>Girlfriend gets mad
>Offers sex
>Fingers first
>Find this
>Murder
>>
>>30318275
that's because the cuts are clean

clotting factors immediately give up and quit when the cut is clean. entire fucking cells get sliced in half
>>
>>30318270

It matters if all things are equal but as the old adage goes "the only unfair fight is the one you lose." Fights are chaotic and unpredictable. The winner is going to be the guy that's best equipped to deal with the situation and most willing to do what it takes to win. The best defense is obviously not to get into that situation if at all possible. The second best is to have a gun.
>>
>>30318079
200+ lumen flashlight and running shoes if you don't live in the U.S, Czech republic or Switzerland.
>>
>>30318294

Handing the assailant a condom and telling them you have an STD also works well in those places.
>>
>>30318079
I've told my little sister if someone tries get her to mag-dump the fucker in the gut with the 380 she owns. If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've made a massive mistake.
>>
>>30318214
clearly joking
>>
>>30318168
>I can't tell you how many times I've brought up getting a fucking gun for self defense instead of those fucking cat keychains and they all give me shit about being a murderer
That's when you tell them you're going to come at them like you're going to rape them and to try and stop you. Once you've inserted your dick in their vagina they'll realize they're powerless without a gun.
>>
>>30318299
I doubt they would listen.
>>
>>30318213
And you're assuming that your anecdotal evidence contradicts anything I've said. If you want to wave stories in each others faces, we can do it all fucking day.

The truth of the matter is, like a man, be prepared for the worst. I'm prepared for the worst, even though I live in australia, so while I can't carry a weapon, I keep my head on a swivel and at the ready.

I'm not sure an attacker will stop just because you shout for help.
>>
>>30318247
put one of these up there instead
>>
>>30318249
This

Real fights are unpredictable and you can leave it fucked up even if you do manage to win.

This is why tiny countries still maintain a military and why a lot of wars are mostly maneuvering with only a handful of important battles.
>>
>>30318306

>Attack friend girl under the guise of a training exercise
>Pin her to the ground
>She says she gets the idea
>Start tearing off her clothes
>All other friends around start cheering her on
>Achieve erection out of anger that my friends are now siding with her
>Penetration starts
>She's crying
>Friends visibly concerned at this point
>Really start driving it home, long strokes
>Friends suddenly so convinced of my performance thy are now cheering me on
>Everything is in slow motion now
>Feel myself start to climax and then pull out
>Explode
>As my wad of cum flies through the air, I hear the chants of our friends saying my name.

This is how I've always taught my female friends why they needed a gun.
>>
Rape lasts for only a few minutes, death is forever. Remember that when you pull the trigger on your rapist.
>>
>>30318412
Top kek I need this on bus stops.

"It's just free sex, that isn't a capitol offense!"
>>
>>30318412
>Rape lasts for only a few minutes
Fucking casuals
>>
>>30318412
Gun shots don't necessarily kill.

The majority get medical attention in time to survive.
>>
File: 1388369758106.jpg (108 KB, 570x864) Image search: [Google]
1388369758106.jpg
108 KB, 570x864
>>30318412
>>
File: 1388371918427.png (915 KB, 1358x848) Image search: [Google]
1388371918427.png
915 KB, 1358x848
>>30318461
>>
File: 1388372790850.jpg (337 KB, 640x976) Image search: [Google]
1388372790850.jpg
337 KB, 640x976
>>30318463
>>
File: 1388372270215.jpg (175 KB, 800x721) Image search: [Google]
1388372270215.jpg
175 KB, 800x721
>>30318468
>>
>>30318434
fuck you, Dave Chapelle has it right

there's no such thing as premature ejaculation, whenever I come is RIGHT ON TIME
>>
>>30318468
Wouldn't 100% of rapists die from fatal gun shot wounds?
>>
>>30318477
Kek
>>
>>30318477
>of all rapists

not

>of all rapists who received fatal gunshot wounds
>>
>>30318463
>>30318461
>US parody is literally how Australia handles self defence laws
>>
>>30318079
...that's kinda hot. I like bare feet leg lock.

Tactical fight sex needs to be a thing
>>
>>30318270
Link?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1463514338524.jpg (78 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463514338524.jpg
78 KB, 650x650
>>30318502
>what is ultimate surrender
>>
File: 1464470268908.jpg (35 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1464470268908.jpg
35 KB, 570x570
>>30318275
>>
Women should learn to walk around pantyless for guys like me.

word to your momma!
>>
>>30318529
its spectacular is what it is friendo
>>
>>30318294
>not carrying a 12 inch long maglite
>not giving them the ol' razzle dazzle
>>
>>30318232
>2016
>not always starting the rape with a vegetable
>>
>>30318134
Nigga I could do 50 pushups when I was a 12 year old kid, it's not that fucking hard.
>>
You do not need to do 50 pushups to carry a gun.
>>
>>30318234
>And many women (and men) aren't train/drill enough to correctly respond to a stress/unexpected situation and could even give a free gun to the aggressor or even worth. Wound themselves.

No Sven, you're wrong. Those that carry more often than not also train. Whether it's just putting rounds on paper as fast as possible or 3 Gun. Regardless almost everyone trains, those who don't, are retarded. I'd be willing to bet your average /k/ user with his/her CCW has more trigger time and would react in a more positive manner than your average Europoor beat cop.
>>
File: 1465455974338.jpg (337 KB, 867x848) Image search: [Google]
1465455974338.jpg
337 KB, 867x848
>>30318275
>>
>>30318079
All women should learn and master kickboxing, BJJ or other mixed martial arts. A gun is excellent for anyone, but it is vital, especially for the more vulnerable people, to be capable of fending off attackers in scenarios where they have been disarmed by law, or are incapable of reaching/getting to their gun.

Your friend is a retard. As are these people.
>>30318118
>>30318134
>>30318137
>>30318163
>>30318226
>>
The gun is the great equaliser. An old man, a small woman and even a child become equals to a full grown man.
>>
>>30319101

>All women should master BJ

You got that right.
>>
>>30319035
I dunno man, dragging a retard around just to check for vag traps is a bit much
>>
>>30319101
>This

self defense isn't a one size fits all situations problem. learn hand to hand , learn to carry, and learn to be aware.
>>
>>30318518
Not him but this might be it?

>http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=deb_1373315857
>>
>>30318251
>>30318127

you idiots miss the point of learning the ground game. it's not so your primary plan to pull guard and execute your sick 50-50 guard. it's so that if shit goes wrong you know what to do and can get back to standing. because i can guarantee you that not knowing shit and following your natural instincts on the ground will make things worse against anybody with an idea of what they're doing (which because of how popular MMA/BJJ are these days is a whole hell of a lot more folks than before)
>>
>>30319145
Fucking this.

And one more thing: learn social cues and appropriate behavior for the environments you're going to be in. Within the context of those environments, be polite and non-confrontational without giving off the cues of a wimp and people generally won't fuck with you.

I carry a gun everywhere but I realize that alertness and not being a dick are much more useful for keeping me from getting my shit kicked in.

Here's a useful site /k/ recommended me that I found useful, that talks about shit like this from an experienced guy: nononsenseselfdefense.com
>>
>>30318270

at the same time, Urijah Faber, who's not exactly a big dude, credits MMA for helping him survive a multi v 1 street fight in Indonesia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-oCew_ef94
>>
If you're already convinced that you need some sort of protection, either in the form of a gun or in martial skill, I shouldn't have to sit here and explain to you why "both" is the smart answer.

That being said, that dude doesn't know what he's talking about. You think 50 bodyweight pushups are gonna be enough to fight someone off? Especially when you're a 150lb woman? He's just trying to show off.
>>
>>30318079
Isn't she just setting herself up for a bodyslam(or whatever its called)?
>>
>>30318079
>Women
>Glock

Not only is there no fail safe but women have issues racking semi autos. I think this guy is a woman hater that wants them to die.

But yeah they have the strength of children, even girls I see in the gym all the time squatting are doing less weight than guys in there for their first day. They really should avoid going hand to hand. The solution isn't arming them with devices foreign to them (women's gentle hands are made to wield children butter knives and sandwich bread). The solution is for them to have a man around, as they always have historically. We're blending into one gender and the jack of all trades is the master of none, because neither parents wants to or isn't working enough to take care of the kids and their development suffers. This dynamic is to blame for all the crazy fucks running around these days.
>>
>>30319201

no, because when the guy goes to stand to slam, you can unlock your legs and get back onto your feet, at which point you should throw an elbow and/or a knee or seven, separate, and create distance.

as long as you're not named Ricardo Arona and you're getting body slammed by Rampage Jackson you should be fine.
>>
>>30319201
lol yes. or an actual getting of her eyes gouged out of her skull while she tries to choke him out.
or a fish hook to the point of ripping a hole in her face. or just having her head pulled back by the hair and being brutally hammer fisted in the face until she lets go.

or any other number of pretty horrific shit, to easily break her choke hold. THEN the attacker can do whatever to make sure she doesn't try to choke him again.

teaching a single technical defense against unpredictably brutal attacks is actually...a very cruel and socially irresponsible thing to do.
>>
>>30318232
Didn't nigs just start shoving sticks inside and if it came out with one of those on it they'd turn it inside out and shove it back in?
>>
>>30318294
>what is mace
>>
There's only so much hand to hand combat can do for a woman against a male attacker that could easily have 100+ pounds on her.

I know nothing about martial arts or fighting in general but I'm pretty sure I'd have no problem taking down an average sized woman with a fucking black belt.
>>
I saw some Jewess who is pushing a self-defense system using their high heels.

>oh yeah wait a sec
>let me take off my 5" heels
>why, yes, they are italian!

Some people actually fall for this shit.

What would /k/ suggest for a knife for constant conceal carry? Gun is just not in the cards right now. Is it just a complete waste of time considering if you get within range to use a knife you're already pretty much fucked?
>>
File: 1376936291025.jpg (561 KB, 1200x1491) Image search: [Google]
1376936291025.jpg
561 KB, 1200x1491
Hy guys, let's post pictures of people demonstrating the proper way of safely walking down a street in a typical American city.
>>
>>30319429
>detroit
>typical
>>
>>30318118
>never been on a plane
>>
>>30318079
This guy better be SOF or he's just a fag.
>>
>>30318118

In order to get into my workplace, you go through a metal detector not once but twice. One woman got her cake knife confiscated (yes, she even had a cake that went through the x-ray machine).

There are plenty of places where you are disarmed. You must have a backup.
>>
>>30319240
>they'd turn it inside out and shove it back in
S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>30319443
There are still buildings standing and humans, obviously not Detroit.
>>
>>30319269
>I know nothing about martial arts or fighting in general but I'm pretty sure I'd have no problem taking down an average sized woman with a fucking black belt.

I dislike when people talk out of their ass - posting in /k/ about non-firearm self-defense is like posting on /fa/ about guns - but honestly you're probably right. I mean there's always a punchers/kickers chance that she can nail you with a spinning heel to the temple or some shit and I'd be a bit more cautious around a judoka because they hone their ability to judge weights and levers, but male v. female is generally a bad matchup even if you control for size.
>>
File: 1465019295914.png (87 KB, 328x436) Image search: [Google]
1465019295914.png
87 KB, 328x436
>>30319240
>>
>>30319269
>admits he knows nothing about martial arts or fighting
>thinks he could best an expert fighter because 'she's just a girl lol'

I hope you get rekt one day just so you wake up from your ignorance.
>>
>>30318079
He's a fucking idiot. It's not that hard for a grown ass man to get his gun taken away from him by another grown ass man. A woman with a 80-100 lb deficit is not going to do any better.

Learn to use a gun and carry it, but you should also learn to fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aatMtUPlJ1A
>>
I am a purple belt in BJJ and I have had to use it for defensive purposes a few times.
Knowing a full contact martial art or two is always better than nothing, but it should be a complement to having a knife and/or gun not the single thing you have to rely on.
>>
>>30318212
A veil.
>>
>>30319580
Well I have actually done a fair bit of martial arts. And his arrogance is honestly not misplaced.

Men are taller, heavier and pound for pound stronger.

Sure there as some she beasts that can romp the average bloke but the average women even with a heap of training wont have half a chance againt most blokes.

Most martial arts are fucking hocum anyway and stupidly impractical.
>>
>>30319611
Not that hard to retain it either.
>>
>>30319674
Most martial arts are McDojo shit with no focus on actually winning a self defense fight.

If women learned and excelled in actual fighting arts, a highly trained woman could wreck the average man.

I'm not talking about a a situation where a female UFC fighter goes up against a male UFC fighter. She'd probably get rekt. But when it comes down to the average violent offender vs. a woman that's spent years learning a fighting art designed for actual defense, the offender is going to get destroyed in most cases.
>>
>>30319706
Only with training, and realistically most gun owners specifically don't train retention scenarios. I'm not saying to not carry but a lot of gun owners are simply delusional about their ability to just whip their gun out and shoot someone off them.
>>
>>30319202
>no "fail safe"
Kill yourself
>>
>>30319719
>fighting art designed for actual defense
>fighting art
>designed for defense

Here's the issue. Your average "violent offender" will have had more fights in bars, the street, at home than any female will have had in her life.
>>
>>30318079
Is it not rape-culture to tell women how to defend themselves instead of just stop raping?
>>
File: 1420215710122.png (513 KB, 806x806) Image search: [Google]
1420215710122.png
513 KB, 806x806
>>30319752
>>
>>30319719
I'm not so sure about that. There are a lot of things that are straight up illegal in professional martial arts that your average ex-con wouldn't blink at. I've had a decent amount of unarmed combat training when I was with the military, and all it left me with was, "Never get in a close in fight with someone bigger than you."

A female UFC fighter can put out a decent punch, I'll give you that. However, any man and especially your average violent criminal, can take a lot more damage and keep going than a woman.
>>
>>30319747
Sloppy, half-assed fighting. Have you never watched video footage of the average "fight"? They blindly swing, hoping to hit shit like retarded gorillas.
>>
>>30319762
Add to that the possibility of them being hopped up on shit like meth.

The reality of it is, the only way to "Win" a violent encounter with a street thug is to never let it happen in the first place. Either by projecting force so that they are never close enough to make physical contact, or just never being there.
>>
Guys, what's some basic knife moves I need?
>>
>>30319790
Put the pointy end in the bad guy. I call it "the Swallow in the Rushes", it was taught to me by a Chinese Hermit I met at the local pub one time.
>>
>>30319761
Yeah that was my point.
>>
>>30318079
Grappling / jiu jitsu is very effective once other means have failed... and it is also effective regardless of size / strength differences when the other person is completely untrained and/or has little to no natural grappling ability. It has practical applications a lot of people, even women could benefit from knowing.

I fucked around with a chick who actually fought MMA...(she was a rough bitch) and she was dead serious in thinking she was going to beat my ass if we rolled. Before she'd roll with me... she made me promise not to get mad or butt hurt when I lost. Long story short I had her in a rear naked choke and tapping out in about 10 seconds flat. She got up and sad.....and I quote.... "Fuck!"

Bitches don't stand a chance against a real man on the ground. There are no two ways about it.

Yes, a man can take another mans gun away or neutralize the threat IF they're close enough. So women are just as vulnerable to such things. That doesn't change the fact a woman with a gun is a MUCH bigger adversary than a woman who THINKS she can out-wrestle a man.
>>
>>30319771
>never let it happen in the first place.
>or just never being there.

How are you supposed to "not be there" or "not let it happen"? You can be walking out to your car after work, or hell, some nignog breaks into your house at night. This is stupid non-advice to make yourself look intellectual.

>situational awareness
>a firearm
>a back-up weapon, or multiple (pepper spray, knives, etc)
>physical fitness
>train in an actual self defense martial art

Nothing else can magically make crime poof away or give you a special shield.
>>
>>30318079
>combatives expert
>student of violence

Yes your friend is an ass hole.

He is right about this though. It is not unrealistic for a woman's make attacker you be more than twice as strong as her.
>>
>>30319719
>a highly trained woman could wreck the average man
how highly are we talking about?
>the violent offender is going to get destroyed in most cases
This is the Ronda Rousey effect, back when she was undefeated and nu-males were wetting their vaginas about how stronk she was and whether Mayweather had a chance against her.

Most (even well trained) women haven't taken a stiff punch to the face. There is some slob in a run down gym somewhere who probably hits harder than every female UFC competitor (except maybe Cyborg). The average guy has often seen worse growing up, and men on average can withstand it better as well.

In muay thai guys have to dial back more during sparring as a matter of course so the women don't get completely obliterated.

In BJJ even as a white belt against a blue belt, guys rolling with girls have to focus more on technique and less on power because the strength difference can be large even if the size difference isn't. Brute forcing your way against someone with more skill might be effective but isn't educational.

In an all out fight I'd still give the advantage to the average man. I'd definitely give the advantage to a violent offender who could with all probability wreck the average man.
>>
>>30319762

it turns out that dirty strikes are more effective from good positioning. so once again, basic fundamentals tend to win. you act like a MMA fighter won't throw a rabbit punch or kick the groin if needed.
>>
>>30319202
>women have issues racking semi autos
This myth needs to die. It's all about technique, my wife is too weak to hold up a Marlin 60 more than a minute for fuck's sake, but even she can rack all of my pistols once I showed her how.
>>
>>30319790
harakiri
>>
File: KravMaga.jpg (86 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
KravMaga.jpg
86 KB, 600x404
>>30318079

Chokes are universally shit for women. They should try stuff like Krav Maga instead if they want to stand a chance.
Fight dirty. Go for the balls, poke out the eyes, bust the knee, crush the larynx. It's all fair game if the threat level is high enough.
And for the love of god, don't stop after a kick or two. Once you flip that switch, go for it and keep going.
Going to the ground or immobilizing someone with a bar or a choke is generally in your disadvantage.

>gun

If you feel that's warranted and if you feel at ease with it, go for it.
The gun is history's great equalizer. Just make sure you're ready to use it when the time comes.

>knife

Krav Maga training has given me a severe phobia of knife fights. The adage holds true: there are no winners in a knife fight. The chances of it going wrong is just too large. 9 times out of 10 in realistic sparring, you end up cut or stabbed.
If you really want a melee weapon, I'd recommend an ASP, brass knuckles or something over a knife.
>>
>>30319937
There was this female Muay Thai and boxing champion who thought she could fight men. She got pitted against some nobody who knocked her out in the first or second round.
>>
>>30319979
>krav retard
In what world is snapping a dude's arm or choking them into unconsciousness a worse outcome than poking their eyeball? Guess what, in real life you don't wait for a tap when you lock in the armbar, if they're a legit threat you snap their shit up, then disengage or snap up other shit if necessary. Also you're not gonna bust anyone's knees with your weaksauce krav shit, maybe you'll give them a gimpy leg for like 2 seconds. Same for the larynx deathstrike bullshit.

>>30320009
Source?
>>
File: 1434762038772.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1434762038772.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>30319963
>women have issues racking semi autos
>This myth needs to die. It's all about technique, my wife is too weak to hold up a Marlin 60 more than a minute for fuck's sake, but even she can rack all of my pistols once I showed her how.

Instructor here. It's about technique and the will to succeed.
All the technique in the world isn't going to help you if you've made up your mind that you can't do it.

I've met 2 women in my lifetime who failed to rack the slide on a fullsized pistol with pronounced slide serrations and both those women had set themselves up to fail. They came in with their respective boyfriends who wanted to learn to shoot. They got dragged along for the ride, but had no real interest in it. They did enjoy it, but they were in the wrong mental frame to make it work.

Mind you, this isn't a slight against women. Contrary to popular belief, women tend to outshoot their boyfriends after the first lesson. The reason is simple: they listen when pointers are given and do their best to implement the fixes. The caveat is that they need to be in the correct mindset to make it work. They also tend to prefer weapons with higher recoil. Unexpected, but true in 75% of the cases.
>>
>>30318079

In just about every rekt thread posted on this very website there are always WEBMs of people in street fights. Some of them show someone grappling, very successfully and kicking ass wholesale. Some, though, show the guy's buddies stomping the life out of the grappler.

Conversely, the videos where one guy takes on multiple attackers, or victims (some of those Russian videos its really hard to tell, everyone is just angry) the person is on his feet boxing or kick-boxing.

Going to the ground is stupid, criminals travel in packs. That is that a "gang" is by definition. It's like the old joke by Ron White, "I didn't know how many of them I could have taken in a fight, but I knew how many they were going to use"

Plus, quite frankly, u have done BJJ grappling, it's a great sport and really fun, but we would have women in the class and we would all roll together, no sexual discrimination was the policy, we would all rotate through. If you got put up against a woman you could pure brute strength her into submission.

It might have been one of the Gracies that said something like "technique will beat strength any day" something like that. Total lie. When a big strong Arab man, must have been 250 of just anger and muscle and I rolled, no matter how good my arm bar technique was, it didn't matter when he literally picked up my body with his bicep.

"God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal" holds true. A cripple, a dwarf, a woman, or a nu-male pansy can take on Brock Lesner in a self defense situation if they have a gun.
>>
once again all you fucks with a few exceptions miss out on one crucial reason that you should at least get a few months of BJJ training: having some idea of what the fuck's happening in the ground game so you can get back to standing.

>>30320062

you can beat strength with technique. you just need more technique the stronger they are.
>>
>>30318153
doing a correct judo joke is quick and easy. But you cant really learn that from watching a video you need a teacher.
>>
>>30320059
It just pains me to see fudds and retards saying "women need revolvers, can't rack dem slides!" when revolvers are in all ways inferior to a reliable modern pistol. Yes, even reliability, because typical pistol malfunctions can actually get fixed in the fight whereas a revolver malfunction means the gun is at best a club, and a modern pistol breaks about as often as a revolver.
>>
>>30320020
>In what world is snapping a dude's arm or choking them into unconsciousness a worse outcome than poking their eyeball?

Choking a man out or putting his arm in a bar hold is far harder for a woman than it is to knee you in the groin a dozen times...

Poking out eyeballs & crushing the larynx are things you only do when the reaction is proportional to the threat. If some fucker tries to kill or rape me I will not feel bad for blinding that cunt for life...

>Also you're not gonna bust anyone's knees with your weaksauce krav shit

Krav Maga in no way limits the strength or technique used to kick someone in the fucking knee, so stop trolling, you tard.

>Same for the larynx deathstrike bullshit.

A solid hit on the larynx can kill though, I hope you're not doubting that. Krav Maga assumes that your strikes will fail to have effect on target, that's why you keep going. You work through a sequence of strikes to keep the opponent off balance.

KM is in no way magic. It's just a good no nonsense primer for self-defense. The first 3 years of training will give you great return on investment, but then you'll need to branch out into other things, depending on your interests and weaknesses. If you want to learn to fight on the ground, KM is junk. You could supplement it with BJJ to make up for that, but BJJ can be dangerous in self-defense. The ground is not your friend when suddenly a friend of your assailant walks up and kicks you in the head from behind.

The most dangerous thing in self-defense classes is that you start thinking you know your shit and that you stand a chance in a street fight. You should assume you suck ass. Evade conflict whenever possible. And when shit goes down, don't hold back and assume that everything will go tits up. Plan your exit as quickly as possible.
>>
>>30318079

Your buddy is right. Hand to hand should only be used as last resort or to provide an opportunity to fire.
>>
File: 13690281689.jpg (377 KB, 1700x1253) Image search: [Google]
13690281689.jpg
377 KB, 1700x1253
>>30320113

I largely agree. I'm not a self-def instructor, but I'd suggest pistols to women.
I've seen case set back on revolvers causing a revolver to lock up after firing a single round. You have to pry the case forward or allow the case to cool down to drop back forward in the cylinder before you can fire again. That's just unrealistic in a fight. I'd rather take my chances on a malfunction in a pistol.

Obviously, that kind of failure is uncommon and mostly limited to revolvers or ammo with bad tolerances, but it's an example of a failure you do not want in a fight...
>>
>>30320149
>>30320059
more grammas with gans
>>
>>30320129
>Choking a man out or putting his arm in a bar hold is far harder for a woman than it is to knee you in the groin a dozen times...

And if a woman kneed me in the groin a bunch I honestly don't think it would make much difference. If the situation is already entangled and we are clinching, a smaller woman is going to the ground whether she wants to or not. Once she starts throwing knees most men could literally pick her up bodily and when your adrenaline is really going it's easy to not even feel a strike.

>Poking out eyeballs & crushing the larynx are things you only do when the reaction is proportional to the threat. If some fucker tries to kill or rape me I will not feel bad for blinding that cunt for life...

I have no issue maiming or killing someone who would do the same to me. Good luck actually executing that against someone who is trying to beat your ass for all they're worth.

>Krav Maga in no way limits the strength or technique used to kick someone in the fucking knee, so stop trolling, you tard.

The best MMA fighters in the world can't blow each others' knees out in one strike or even many strikes and you really expect a Krav class will teach you to explode knees?

>A solid hit on the larynx can kill though, I hope you're not doubting that. Krav Maga assumes that your strikes will fail to have effect on target, that's why you keep going. You work through a sequence of strikes to keep the opponent off balance.

If you don't expect your strike to have effect maybe train an art that actually involves striking someone who doesn't want to be hit instead.

>You could supplement it with BJJ to make up for that, but BJJ can be dangerous in self-defense. The ground is not your friend when suddenly a friend of your assailant walks up and kicks you in the head from behind.

Guess what, grapplers do a lot more training to get back on their feet safely and grapplers have a lot better takedown defense than people who train primarily striking.
>>
Jujitsu bottom game doesn't really work in real life. If the guy you're fighting is strong enough to take you down and get on top, he will just grab your head and smash it into the ground until you get KO'ed
>>
File: UU5MsKX.jpg (318 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
UU5MsKX.jpg
318 KB, 1500x1000
>>30320168
>If the situation is already entangled and we are clinching, a smaller woman is going to the ground whether she wants to or not. Once she starts throwing knees most men could literally pick her up bodily and when your adrenaline is really going it's easy to not even feel a strike.

Hence why series of actions are used? Have you been paying attention at all?
Besides, what super duper martial art do you suggest then, which will magically save them from a trained male which weigh more than twice what they do?

>I have no issue maiming or killing someone who would do the same to me. Good luck actually executing that against someone who is trying to beat your ass for all they're worth.

There are no magic tricks. Even guns are not reliable in stopping assailants, so what do you expect to magically work?

>The best MMA fighters in the world can't blow each others' knees out in one strike or even many strikes and you really expect a Krav class will teach you to explode knees?

The point is that most -sports- will refrain from going for knees, eyes, larynx, etc. Something which is totally acceptable in self-defense, but not in martial arts (aka sports). It's that mindset which needs to be escaped.
Again, kicking a knee is no magic strike... Nothing is.

>If you don't expect your strike to have effect maybe train an art that actually involves striking someone who doesn't want to be hit instead.

Euhm, please wizard, teach me to cast magic missiles, because I don't know of any self-defense discipline which will guarantee effect on target...

>Guess what, grapplers do a lot more training to get back on their feet safely and grapplers have a lot better takedown defense than people who train primarily striking.

KM does not say you shouldn't also train BJJ... Only that KM will be a better primer to initial self-defense skills than BJJ is. You should later supplement KM with other stuff that makes up for its weaknesses.
>>
File: 1441693386388.jpg (62 KB, 960x573) Image search: [Google]
1441693386388.jpg
62 KB, 960x573
>>30320160
only one I got
>>
>>30320213
>Hence why series of actions are used? Have you been paying attention at all?
Besides, what super duper martial art do you suggest then, which will magically save them from a trained male which weigh more than twice what they do?

With the caveat that I never said there's any magic art that will allow a woman to defeat a larger and stronger man, I recommend a combination of BJJ and boxing or BJJ and MT. Whatever they do needs to have plenty of sparring because without actual exposure to fighting (eg: something more than just hitting bags or bobs or pads) they will have a hell of a time keeping their cool against a larger adversary.

>There are no magic tricks. Even guns are not reliable in stopping assailants, so what do you expect to magically work?

Again, I never made any claims about magical techniques. The fundamentals of striking are key and it's more important to have reasonably good technique reinforced by sparring an opponent than to know all the "dirty" techniques but have no experience using them in an actual confrontation.

>The point is that most -sports- will refrain from going for knees, eyes, larynx, etc. Something which is totally acceptable in self-defense, but not in martial arts (aka sports). It's that mindset which needs to be escaped.
Again, kicking a knee is no magic strike... Nothing is.

And now you prove you don't know anything about "sports" because knee kicks are definitely allowed in the UFC.

>Euhm, please wizard, teach me to cast magic missiles, because I don't know of any self-defense discipline which will guarantee effect on target...
>Euhm

God you're an autist. Not all techniques are equally reliable. Something that incapacitates by unconsciousness is infinitely more reliable than a technique that relies on what is essentially pain compliance. You can gut out some nut shots but no matter how mentally hard you are, you can't keep going after the blood flow to your brain is cut off.
>>
>>30320268

I can understand MT or kickboxing coupled to BJJ, but boxing as self-defense? Seriously, you think a woman will stand a chance with boxing? Not only does it stick to sporting rules, building mental barriers, it's also suboptimal in terms of effect on target since she'll be outmatched by my assailants (both in strength & reach).

I'll grant you that it'll teach her to take a punch & not give up, but damn... Setting her up for a fall, I think.

Do note we're talking about average women with an interest in self-defense, not MMA die hards or competitive boxers.

>>30320268
>The fundamentals of striking are key and it's more important to have reasonably good technique reinforced by sparring an opponent than to know all the "dirty" techniques but have no experience using them in an actual confrontation.

And you think there's no sparring in KM? Sure, you don't actually practise putting someone's eyes out, but there's plenty of decent full contact sparring going on, unless you're in a McDojo.

>And now you prove you don't know anything about "sports" because knee kicks are definitely allowed in the UFC.

Says the man who recommends boxing. ;)
I also don't know many women who are up for MMA or UFC shite.

>Something that incapacitates by unconsciousness is infinitely more reliable than a technique that relies on what is essentially pain compliance.

If you can grapple & choke properly, sure. But do you think that's a reliable practise for women in self-defense?
>>
How is women's self-defense somehow different from men's self-defense??

If guys are carrying what makes you think that somehow can't apply to girls?

That said, I do recommend judo... because it's really important to have less-than-lethal option and be able to de-escalate use of force. Just understand that it requires a significant time and effort investment.
>>
The Muslims got this one right: never go out alone, ever.
>>
>>30320479
>That said, I do recommend judo.

The only useful thing judo teaches is balance. All the rest is pretty much bullshit in a street fight unless you're a superduperblackbelt.
Judo, Aikido, etc are dangerous because they give you a sense of being able to defend yourself because you've "fought" matches, but when you try to apply this to the streets, it comes up short.

A few years of Judo or Aikido is not enough to be useful on the streets.
>>
>>30320227
Based granny
>>
>>30320213
the only thing krabby mango is a primer for is controlled movements with a compliant partner, it's a waste of time and money.

a better primer to initial self-defense is training in an ACTUAL martial art that teaches sound fundamentals, not some women's self-defense +P classes
>>
>>30320403
>[boxing's] also suboptimal in terms of effect on target since she'll be outmatched by my assailants (both in strength & reach).

This is the exact logically unsound thinking you krav fags all use for pretty much every thing. Guess what, if a woman has a strength and reach disadvantage, teaching her technically deep striking is going to mitigate those disadvantages more than teaching her to knee groins and poke eyes with little to no attention to head movement, slipping, blocking, etc. If someone's naturally bad at something, the correct response is to use targeted training to minimize that disadvantage, not to train something else randomly and hope they never get in that situation.

Also, if you can't even train your KM specific techniques in sparring then what's wrong with boxing following sporting rules? You're building the exact same mental barriers by not using eyegouges or whatever ninja larynx death punches you teach in sparring.

As for women not being up for "MMA shite" it's not so hard to sell some kickboxing + BJJ. Your ninja Israeli military death art is in a pretty similar spot, especially if you actually spar seriously.

>If you can grapple & choke properly, sure. But do you think that's a reliable practise for women in self-defense?
More reliable than telling them to knee nuts and gouge eyes. If your assailant is actually determined to not give up where do you go from there? If pain compliance isn't working and your only options are literally pain compliance tools, you're pretty much fucked.
>>
>>30319444
How many people have been raped or assaulted on planes?

Protip, don't go into the bathroom stall with anyone else.
>>
File: 1436225634212.png (331 KB, 960x532) Image search: [Google]
1436225634212.png
331 KB, 960x532
As an argument, what's the counter to nofunz that say women should just carry mace or a taser for self defense as opposed to a gun?
>>
>>30319049
Women are essentially children
>>
>>30318212
It's illegal to fight back in London.
>>
>>30321860
Both statistically have a higher rate of getting you BTFO if you use them.

If you decide to resist an attacker, a gun has the highest chance of not getting you beat the fuck up. Pulling anything that isn't a gun is inherently sub-optimal.
>>
>>30321860
At a typical mugging distance (1-2 yards) a taser will oftentimes not be effective because the probes can't get enough spread. Mace or pepper spray is a pain compliance tool and there is literally nothing stopping your assailant from blindly pulling the trigger and hosing down the whole sidewalk.
>>
>>30321391

I know this board skews toward the younger set, but nigga you do remember 9/11, right?

No? Ok, how about the kraut who went nuts and flew his plane into the side of a mountain. Ring a bell?

And your argument is flawed in the first place. I don't care what has or has not happened to others. I don't want it happening to me. That is the extent of my interest.

As far as your quip regarding stalls, you do know that with the transgender policy there's going to be a whole lot of sex, wanted and otherwise, taking place in schools. Guess that law will apply to federal buildings too.

Imagine O'Connor and Thomas having to share the can. Stinky!
>>
>>30319101
If a woman is in a physical altercation with a man who actually intends to hurt her, 99% of the time its already over. The best physical training a woman canlearn to defend herself from a man is endurance sprinting.
>>
>>30318079
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/20/8629595/woman-triangle-chokes-attacker-unconscious-judge-awards-her-500-pounds-mma-news

I'm not saying unarmed defense is ideal but it's not useless. That guy is just being an edgy the hedgehog.
>>
>>30318137
Yeah dude, doing superficial damage to someone who is literally choking you to death sounds like a great idea.

Have you ever been choked out? I'm guessing you don't know how quick your brain turns off when you do.
>>
>>30318154
She most likely wasn't doing it properly. Why anyone would reccomend doing a cross collar choke to an untrained grappler is beyond me. If they're not going to dedicate themselves to actually learning the art they should focus on regaining a superior position and escaping.
>>
>>30318172
This

>>30318177

I know plenty of women who are very effective grapplers it just takes time and dedication to learn
>>
>>30322134
>endurance sprinting

But can't couch potato guys still outrun a fit female?
>>
>>30318226
>this is what people who don't train actually believe

Maybe if they're fucking strip mall karate fighters but actual practioners of combat sports out class normies so much it's not even funny.
https://youtu.be/kjFp1R5klo4
>>
>>30319719
>But when it comes down to the average violent offender vs. a woman

So a woman who weighs maybe 120 pounds versus a violent offender who weighs 170+, and you think there's a matchup, hand-to-hand?
>>
>>30322254
How fucking delusional is /k/ that they literally believe female athletes can't out run fatass men.

I get the constant feminist WOMEN STRONK stuff can get kind of annoying bur your red pill fedora shit isn't much better.
>>
>>30318232
>implying my dick has enough girth to touch any of those barbs.
Jokes on you my cock is miniscule
>>
File: What.jpg (30 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
30 KB, 500x368
>>30319143
>>
>>30319181
This.
>>
>>30319322
No winners in a knife fight.
>>
Burka and a suicide vest.

Absolutely nobody is going to fuck with you.
>>
>>30322254
running is one of the few things women CAN be very good at. Assuming she isn't in a skirt and heels, and she actually is fit and runs, then yes your average male can't catch her (in a straight line).
>>
>>30321860
Tasers either require contact or require a new pair of probes to be readied before they can be fired. If the latter then by the time you can hit your assailant with the prongs they're also going to already have their hands on you. Mace won't necessarily dissuade an assailant if they're on drugs or mad enough, and you also might end up getting yourself. A gun is just a more powerful deterrent all around, you can fire it more before having to reload it, and honestly it's just safer for the person being attacked if the attacker is simply killed. A criminal knows the risks of stealing, one of those risks is being legally killed.
>>
Threads like this just confuse me because every time I think about doing some sort of martial art I read on 4chan that all of them are shit and for faggots according to someone who does a different martial art.
>>
>>30322925
Any martial art live sparring and/or competition is most likely good for fighting.

You don't learn to fight by doing horse stance punches in front of a mirror. You learn to fight by fighting.
>>
>>30318177
>lick her nose

But anon, that's forbidden love
>>
File: 1q2_002.jpg (35 KB, 840x630) Image search: [Google]
1q2_002.jpg
35 KB, 840x630
>>30318311
Australia has a murder rate of under 2.0/100 000. At least when Americans are paranoid as fuck it's because they're entire country is retarded and the prevelance of firearms and the utter absense of social assistance and mental health support has created a legitimate risk of attack, rather than the threat being utterly imagined like it is in your case as you wander around fucking Canberra, where the risks of getting attacked are low and the risks of getting shot are non-existent.

What the retards on here either can't or refuse to understand is gun control is the result of gun violence, not the other way around. When a place is having PROBLEMS with guns, they GET RID of guns. When guns aren't causing a problem, they are not banned. However the reason all the criminals have guns in states with gun control, as well as Canada and Mexico, is because the retarded inbred hicks who live in gun states, like Texas, Florida, etc, despite being "Good, moral Christians" (whatever that means) are terribly irresponsible (and terrible people) and are willing to sell guns to literally anybody, including when they know the weapons will end up on the black market in New York city or California, or Toronto, or northern Mexico, and there they'll end up killing people. The inbred hicks who work for the ATF, the FBI, the state police, and local police, don't prosecute the people who are obviously strawpurchasers, nor do they prosecute those who sell to obvious straw purchasers (55 year old white woman walks in wanting to buy a highpoint, you think she's going to use it and not Tyrone?)

Pic related. All these guns were legally purchased before someone tried to smuggle them across the border to sell to Toronto gangs. The reason California and New York still have a huge issue with firearms violence is they don't have the benefit of a real fucking border between them and inbred hicks like whom populate this board, like Canada does.
>>
>>30323661
Why are you even on this board

And yeah, good luck getting rid of America's guns. Banning them doesn't just make them disappear
>>
File: 1339555102606.gif (12 KB, 741x530) Image search: [Google]
1339555102606.gif
12 KB, 741x530
>>30321860
They are somewhat effective but not as effective as a gun. Tasers are typically single shot. Mace takes a few seconds to kick in.
>>
>>30322973
Theres martial arts then martial sciences, learn the difference and you'll know which styles are good and which are shit.
>>
>>30318079

He's right. Unless a woman is very well trained or one of those MMA freakshows, she'd get her ass handed to her by a rapist no matter what bullshit martial art she learns. All a man had to do is pick her up and slam her into shit until she goes limp.

Without a gun, a woman's best self defense option is to run. And that's not a very good option when Jamal is behind her.
>>
>>30323661
>gun control works! It's because they find them somewhere else that it fails!

Dude you need to step out of the echo chamber.
>>
>>30323719
So if a girl trains something like judo, you think and untrained person is just going to "pick her up and slam her?"

Want to know how I know you don't train?
>>
File: autist.jpg (14 KB, 306x423) Image search: [Google]
autist.jpg
14 KB, 306x423
>>30323684
I'm sitting in Washington state, Olympia. This place has 50 000 people and 15 murders in the last 12 years - that's 2.5 murders/100 000 and that's considered LOW for the US, considering the national average is 5.

Meanwhile there's a major metropolitian area known as "Van-cou-ver" just a few hundred kilometers North, and it's a real bastion of crime, with a murder rate of 1.9.

>>30323733
Gun control works in Australia. It works in the UK. It works in Canada, but not quite as well because Canada borders the most retarded country in the developed world. It doesn't work all within the US because it can only be implemented effectively at the state level. The reason effective legislation can't occur at the federal level is the utter idiocy of Americans in general.

America has a murder rate of 5/100 000. 5! Only the most dangerous cities in Canada have a murder rate approaching that. Winnipeg is THE most dangerous city in Canada and the murder rate there is 3.5.

At least not giving a shit about your country and the people who live in it makes some level of sense in the gun control argument, but saying guns prevent crime anywhere is total pic related
>>
>>30323718
>hurr durr it's not a martial art (which in this context means skill) it's a martial science!

Don't be a pedantic retard. I already train judo and boxing.
>>
>>30320020
Her name is Lucia Rijker. Her opponent was Somchai Jaidee.
>>
>>30320020
Rijker eventually amassed a 36-0 (25 KO) record as a kickboxer, and won four different world titles. Her only defeat in a kickboxing ring was in a Muay Thai style exhibition match at Sporthalle Zuid in Amsterdam in October 1994, when she fought male Thai boxer Somchai Jaidee, who knocked her out in the second round.[
>>
>>30318079
Your friend is entirely correct
>>
She looks like she's getting fucked rigorously in thw video like this and that the guy like her light chockes
>>
>>30323661
this is too much effort to be bait... right? Oh god.. it's not bait, you are actually this stupid.
>>
>>30323797
>I'm sitting in Washington state, Olympia. This place has 50 000 people and 15 murders in the last 12 years - that's 2.5 murders/100 000 and that's considered LOW for the US, considering the national average is 5.

I realize numbers are hard but what is this? 12 murders in a 15 year period means that's an average of 0.8 murders a year, which would be 0.4 per 100,000 annually.

I'm just not even going to bother with the rest of your stupid post, the above demonstrates how well you've got a grasp on this subject which is to say you actually don't. I'd just be reiterating what those other anons said already.
>>
>>30319101
Not everyone has the time or physical capacity to do that
>>
>>30319790
Sudoku
>>
>>30323797
>>30323965
Oh wait I got the numbers mixed up, sorry. Instead of 0.4 per 100,000 it would be 0.625 since 15 murders in 12 years is 1.25 annually.

My bad! Your post was still stupid though.
>>
>>30323965
>>30324008
At least autists are good at math, jesus christ

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic/fractions
>>
>>30323661
>utter absense of social assistance

Are you retarded? The US is the largest welfare state in the world. The amount they spend on their military looks like pennies compared to the money they waste on niggers and spics.
>>
>>30319979
>Krava Magila
>my choreographed drills against compliant partners are better than Asian ones for reasons!

Lol no
>>
File: 1463747175220.jpg (54 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
1463747175220.jpg
54 KB, 640x853
Am I the only one that thinks its hot, when a women chokes you out while you fuck her? You're thrusts would get slower and slower and you would pass out on top of her beutiful body. With your cock still inside of her.
>>
File: intelligent design.jpg (19 KB, 320x323) Image search: [Google]
intelligent design.jpg
19 KB, 320x323
>>30324022
>At least autists are good at math, jesus christ

Please show how I'm wrong and carefully explain yourself. I'd love to see what you've got to say.
>>
>>30324032
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/09/how-the-u-s-spends-more-helping-its-citizens-than-other-rich-countries-but-gets-way-less/

Just because you spend money on something doesn't mean it actually exists, idiot.
>>
>>30318127
Learning ground game is good, but never actually plan to do it in a real street fight.

In an actual fight I'm doing as much dirty shit as possible; eye gouging, ball kicking, fuck it, I'll yank your shorts down if it gives me an edge or a chance to escape. Fuck you even. Call you my dirty little slut as I grab your dick and kiss the back of your neck, leave you my number and a set of pink panties if you wanna do it again sometime.
>>
>>30324077
>eye gouging
A punch that can be slipped or blocked like any other punch, and practicing against thousands of punches in boxing is better than jacking off the superiority of your dirty tactics

>ball kicking
Can be deflected or avoided like any other kick. Unless you are regularly kicking people or getting kicked, jacking off to the edge of your superior tactics will help you not at all if you haven't pressure tested it.
>>
>>30319979
>realistic sparring

does not exist.

>brass knuckles over a knife

what, you think you get a few moments of prep time before the referee says go?

not to mention knuckles are pretty much nationwide banned carry whereas knives are not.
>>
>>30324145
This
>>
Can i get footage of those Kurds getting popped in an abandoned house? The one with the chick screaming and begging like a bitch.
>>
>>30322131
>try to remember these 2 things that happened as 2 shootings occurred while I type this
>>
>>30324032
Either you're too young to understand what you're talking about and simply parroting what your racist stepdad yells at the TV, or you're just plain dumb.
>>
>>30324077
God dammit /k/
>>
>>30318232
But she has to take it out every time she needs to shit.
>>
>>30322131
>with the transgender policy there's going to be a whole lot of sex, wanted and otherwise, taking place in schools

Not realizing that male on male rape is a thing.
>>
>>30323661
>the utter absense of social assistance and mental health support has created a legitimate risk of attack

It's not like we don't want to help them. But the ACLU says rounding up crazy people and putting them somewhere that they can get help violates their civil rights.

They WANT to live under the freeway off-ramps. Unless you put them in a facility with razor-wire fences, they just go back. All we have is prison and we can't stick them in there until after they've committed a crime. Hopefully, this crime didn't involve anyone dying.
>>
File: IMG_-a5dqw.png (117 KB, 1531x841) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-a5dqw.png
117 KB, 1531x841
>>30323661
>all those words
Whatever you said is probably wrong.
Violence in America is because of niggers.
>>
>>30324900
>thinking mental health support refers to homeless people
>>
>>30325084
>Rogers spends most of his life surrounded by an army of therapists
>still does it
>>
>>30324905
1.55/100 000 is EXTREMELY high without violent minorities.
In Canada if you exclude minorities the murder rate is probably less than 1. In Ottawa the 2015 murder rate for non-Somalis is 0.4/100 000. Toronto is the most multicultural city in the world and the murder rate is 2.0.

What you're talking about is still double what is found elsewhere.

>>30325097
Just reinforces how making it count is just as important as making it happen
>>
>>30324905
>1.55 with no minorities
>double Germany with minorities
>most white Americans have German or anglo heritage
>>
>>30325175
>FBI crime statistics count nonwhite Hispanics as white, so we'll include them in the white population value
The 1.55 includes beaners. Beaners run in lots of gangs, anon.
>>
>>30325084
Elliot Roger would have benefited from a nice facility surrounded by a high fence. That he had a home to go to when he walked out of therapy doesn't make him less crazy than the hobos. Just less visible.

In the USA, if you want to incarcerate someone, you have to wait until after they do Sandy Hook. We closed down asylums decades ago because 'Muh civil rights'. And we don't have a monoculture like many other countries do to keep acceptable behavior narrowly defined.
>>
>>30324077
Kicking a man in the balls during a fight will not do shit. It will just make him angrier and more prone to act irrationally. It's better to hit him in the stomach then run away.
>>
>>30325756
Or just run away in general. Most "street fights" are stupid ego matches
>>
>>30322423
Even my aspie ass can see that was sarcasm, friendo
>>
>>30325475
The main thing was the Supreme Court ruling that mental institutions couldn't use unpaid forced labor.

That crippled most of them financially.
>>
File: 1462827981418.png (664 KB, 487x602) Image search: [Google]
1462827981418.png
664 KB, 487x602
>>30318079
>Spyderco
>Weapon
>>
>>30318079
That choke seems like a last ditch effort to me. If you let a rapist get far enough that the choke will help you, you done fucked up.
>>
>>30318079
>Should women avoid trying a choke

the average woman doesn't have the mass to fight hand to hand with the average man.

The little skeleton of a woman in that pic would have crushed ribs if the idiot on top of her dropped his shoulder into her chest.

The pain would release her left arm, freeing him to get a handful of her hair and make a mockery of the structural integrity of her skull.

>gun/knife?

GUN. Knives are ineffective as defensive weapons unless your opponent is unarmed...and IRL, you're going to have 5+ opponents, so you'll want the fucking thing tied to your arm, lest you want the enemy to appropriate your weapon and do to you what you would have done to him...

>what do you guys suggest for women's self defense?

buy a fucking gun. get a fucking ccw license.
>>
>>30323719
>>30318079
one thing to add is women are fucking stupid sometimes. All those "owners killed by their own gun" stats from women who hesitate / dont want to kill their attackers. Most female comes go for their tasers instead of their gun because they dont want alternatives to killing someone.
>>
>>30328558
also fuck u faggots i'll bump this thread sup niggers?
>>
>>30319049
This is why women should use weapons in self defense.

Even the teensiest manlet can overpower 90% of women.
>>
>>30322221
>I know plenty of women

Of course you do. And statistically, they're the outlier. The average woman will not have the lean body mass or explosive power within their muscles to out-grapple the average man. That's a fact.

>>30323044
Nose licks are great, especially when they squeal and try to squirm away from you.

I miss her..
>>
>>30328687
>The average woman will not have the lean body mass or explosive power within their muscles to out-grapple the average man. That's a fact.
It's a trait that would be selected against desu
>>
>>30323797
Murder rate and gun control don't necessarily have strong correlation.
Why don't you stop messing those two together and get to the firearms homicide rate?
American is a dangerous place among the developed country. But that doesn't solely result from firearms.
>>
>>30328700
Of course it would. It's a biologically determined factor that we must take into account.

Average woman, vs average man. Take a woman, make her work out in the gym for a year on a semi serious plan for strength gainz, teach her MMA in the meantime, and she will MAYBE be on even footing. But she could still very likely lose because her bones aren't as dense, and her musculature is STILL fragile compared to that of a male. You can smack a dude in the face pretty damn hard and most times if he's aware/in a heightened state of awareness he will shake it off.

I think anybody here can tell what will happen when average Joe Blow that has wrists twice the size of Mary Sue here smashes her in the face.
>>
>>30328687
>they're outliers

No shit, but it's about dedication and training, not genetics. Especially when the only training most men have is brofessional boxing that friend they had in high school who knew that one secret to ko anyone in seconds. I said it before in a previous comment, most people don't realize how helplessly outclassed they are by experienced fighters.
>>
>>30318191
bro, bro, bro, ask steven seagull
>>
>>30322131
>you do remember 9/11, right?
You think they took over the planes by overpowering everyone on them? You think if only someone had known BJJ or Krav, they would have stopped 9/11? Top fucking kek.
>>
>>30318137
>krav maga master here
I can live with sewn on ears. You can' live without oxygen to your brain. Takes seconds for you to pass out if you stop the flow of blood to the brain, once you pass out you quit fighting. All I have to do is keep holding for a couple minutes, fight free, just holding. Even if you could somehow rip my ears off from a position you're getting choked the fuck out from, which I highly doubt is possible, I'd pick them up and take them with me to the nearest hospital. Problem solved.
>>
>>30328897
>krav maga master here
Okay, jewish edgelord.

If you try to choke someone out while they're trying to rape you, they're going to bite your throat out, they're going to shoot you, or they're going to stab you. They can fuck a dead body too. Your fantasy combat doesn't work in real life.

On another note, I don't think anyone wants to live with sewn on ears because they were too retarded to just buy a gun or give up some money to a nigger.

Krav lessons are overpriced as fuck. A 22 is cheap.
>>
>>30318226
>don't realize that a huge guy with minimal fighting skills can destroy a smaller martial arts master

As a guy who is 270 pound, rather fit, and has a intermediate level of martial arts training I would like to say that you are over stating it. I did a few rounds with a expert in Judo (my background is mostly in a hard striking style) who is only a 150 pounds. We agreed that I won the fourth round because if it was a real fight I would of been dashing his head on the ground. However he won the first three rounds, handily kicking my ass the first two times.

Mass and strength are very helpful in a fight sure. Barring a huge surplus of both it does not factor out training.

Having said that guns are way better then any amount of martial arts. However CC a pistol can be a challenge for smaller women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk
>>
>>30319771

I just wonder where the 'hopped up on meth' thing comes from. It doesn't make you an invincible fighting machine; perhaps it comes from cases where something like PCP (an incredibly potent anesthetic) was taken instead. A side effect of sleep deprivation and subsequent amphetamine psychosis is extreme aggression and paranoia, but by no means are you stronger than you were before. You may have an edge in sheer aggression and ferocity, but for the most part, users who have been dosing to the point of severe amphetamine psychosis are likely to be extremely dehydrated, malnourished, weak and very fatigued. I can't imagine them having any stamina at all.

I knew from my meth binges I was weak as a blade of grass after staying up a few days; but that said, I've never been able to stay up more than 2 consecutive nights in a row. My body simply shuts down and even refuses to get a kick off any further meth. I'm probably very lucky that way. I knew a really sweet guy who had a ice problem and he stayed up smoking for 6 days and ended up biting two policeman.
>>
>>30318275
So what, if you rape a woman with one of these and you get, say, the worst possible injury from it... you're dead unless an ambulance is already there?
>>
>>30319202
Isn't a glock with 17-18 rounds better than a revolver with the same amount in moon clips? If the glock is cocked-n-locked that is.
>>
File: 1433131003698.jpg (42 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1433131003698.jpg
42 KB, 600x400
>>30319240
And then continue the pounding
>>
>>30328926
>I don't understand anything about ground fighting, the post

That's up to you to control your assailant before you try for a choke. If they have a gun or a knife you need to deal with that as priority 1. As for throat biting that's not a real consideration in a lot of chokeholds.
>>
>>30329370
Part of the problem is that people on pcp basically don't feel pain, and a lot of what police are taught for hand to hand is pain compliance. Along with this if they're shot in a non vital area by a pistol they might not go down until they actually bleed out.

>>30329787
Under most circumstances probably, but one of the benefits of a snub nose revolver is that you can stick it in a guys stomach and it won't malfunction when you pull the trigger. The same cannot be said for semi-autos
>>
>>30318079

He's a retard.
Should the girl carry? Sure

But a cross lapel choke, especially if the attacker does not know its coming (or believes the girl is complying), would be quite effective.

Slapped on tight, the guy has anywhere from 5 - 15 seconds to escape before he's asleep (and she holds it for too long and turns him into a vegetable), and if she keeps her head tucked like in the picture, good luck gauging those eyes
>>
>>30330743
and the point is to be prepared. There is no single answer to the problem.

They are obviously looking at worst case scenario (rape mode engaged, missionary because anything else is unnatural)

A cuff choke would also be pretty handy, and requires even less strength to apply, comes on super tight, and usually ends up with the person trying to pull up out of it, which tightens it right up.
>>
File: 1370298387009.jpg (107 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1370298387009.jpg
107 KB, 720x540
>>30318079

Krav Maga instructor here.

>inb4 lies u fat basement hurr duur

Whatever, take is as you want I don't have to prove anything on 4chan.

Most of these female self defense stuff is just blatant ripoff. I've given these courses and they literally are shit.

The best thing a female can do is try to attack a man's balls in every possible way, because it's what's going to make him flinch and allow her to ESCAPE.

A rape (or any fight for that matter) is not a very smooth thing. The man/aggressor will not try to tenderly place the woman/you on the floor so that she can choke him like in the video.

It will usually involve the girl getting her face punched or kicked in and being hold by some painful hair/neck/arm lock before getting to *that* point in the picture, and people who are not USED to violence will cower in fear every single time someone starts punching them in the face.There is no use to know all kinds of self-defense techniques if you are unable to use them.

Being under violence is a very strong thing and most people will lock up if they haven't trained for years. This is why we put the newbies here to put on gloves and literally just punch each other in the face so that they get used to it.

If a girl wants to choke anything, choke his balls if you can, then it's game over. If a girl wants to hit anything, hit his balls, specially if she has a hard object. It doesn't matter how big a man is, his is only as powerful as his balls.

But do it only if you can run away when he flinches, unless you have a good firm grip and twist on his balls he will continue the attack, now even with more rage.

If you do get a hold of his balls, well, this kills the man.jpg
>>
>>30330647

>pain compliance

More like, pain-hurtsalotburyouwontDIEance

Hahaha ajajaj fofo fofofofofo

Yeah, that makes sense, certainly people in that state are more prone to injury, since indeed they seem to have an altered perception of pain - not so much 'hurts less' as 'too distracted by fantastic idea #813826149749276'
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.